Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Dallas Tx

I'm sure once you get your fill you will have the proper restriction. Wonder why they wait so long to fill it, does it take that long for you to heal?

I think it depends on which doctor you choose to do your fills. The one I choose requires 5 weeks from the date of surgery before she will do a fill minimum. Some doctors make you wait 6 weeks. They want to make sure the stomach is healed and the scar tissue has formed to keep the band in place. I have 5 incisions. I was only expecting 3. Had the stitches in too long, thought he said dissolvable, but they werent and were really pulling on the skin and the red spots were getting redder, so I contacted him and we pulled them out ourselves when he said they were supposed to have been taken out at 7 days. Too many people talking to me at once in the hospital and something didnt get communicated, so I just got my stitches out last Tuesday. No ozzing or anything like some describe, they were all sealed up.

I bet you cant wait for your surgery, soon huh?? Good luck.

I am having lap band surgery on July 31st and am looking for a buddy to share questions & answers & recipes etc . Looking to hear from someone. Debbie

How do you get the weight ticker on here?:teeth_smile:

You can always email or pm me if you want to talk off the board. I did low gi/nutrisystem type diet before and intend to do similar this time, high Protein low carbs.

You should be able to go to a site like tickerfactory and set up a ticker and paste it in here. If you set it up with a password, then you just sign in and adjust the current weight on their site and it used to change the ticker wherever you have it pasted. Havent used it for a while so I might be doing it wrong, just tried to set up one real fast, can anyone see it? Gotta run today, but usually Im home if anyone wants to talk. Iv got lots of free time.

Hi All! Today is my 1st day back at work and I'm feeling really good. I didn't expect to take a week off of work when I scheduled my surgery, but thank goodness I did.

I started semi-solids today . . .I never thought a scrambled egg would taste so good!!! LOL Since my pre-ops appointment on 7/15, I am down 17.6 lbs. I don't know how, but I'll take it and hope it stays off!!! :lol:

Jerrysgirl - Dr. Marsden did my banding, and I love him. He is very good and very funny. I don't know much about the vertical sleeve. What exactly is it?

Laz97 - HI! You said you're starting your journey all over again - if you don't mind me asking, what happened?

Flowers - Honey, it is much too hot to walk outside!!! I think I might try to mall tonight. I'm not moving too quickly since I'm still having incision pains, but a nice stroll in the mall sounds pretty good to me.

You said you are still have issues with gas? I don't feel like I still have a gas build up from the surgery, but if I eat the 1/2 c. of food I'm supposed to eat, my left shoulder starts to ache just like a pocket of gas is still sitting there. Have you ever heard of such a thing?

SkinnyDeb - Congrats on your surgery date.

Hi, Im still in my 4 weeks of mushies, way toooooooo long. I got the fixin's for tacos for tonight and Im not supposed to have the shell. I cant believe eating one shell will give me enough gas to keep me from healing? Im allowed to have the taco meat as a mushy food and the refried Beans.

Yes, I have heard of having gas shoulder pains, there are at least two threads about it on the post op section, lots of people have had sever shoulder pains constantly from gas. They put all that gas into your stomach during surgery to have more room to work and sometimes the gas goes up into your shoulder. You might want to find those threads. Its not your imagination.

I just ran in to put away some cold stuff and going to eat over my parents, laters folks. Yes it is too hot here, but Im going to walk tonight anyway. Hi and bye lol. Skinnydeb if you still need some ticker help let me know or pm me. Tacos here I come, we love tacos.

FLOWERS -

4 weeks of mushies are you kidding me?!?!?!? Thank goodness my doctor only makes you have fluids on week 1, semi-soft on week 2, and after that your free to eat as you please - or as your stomach pleases!! ;o)

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm also from Dallas (actually northeast tarrant county). I got my band on 7/24 from Dr. David Kim.

I'm still on liquids (until Saturday), then I can start mushys. So far have not really been hungry yet - it will come with a vengeance when it does come).

Just getting beyond the too sore to move stage. Most of the incisions are healing nicely except the port one which I've heard takes a bit longer.

Have had some gas pains and the Gas-X strips really don't help a bit. I've also find the heating pad doesn't help - best thing I have found is an cold pack. I bought one of those big ones that covers your whole tummy - and it's been my best friend for days.

Take care for all those healing and good luck to those about to have the surgery.

Katarina

Edited by Katarina

Hi everyone,

I was banded Aug 6th, 2008. My surgeon was Dr. Davidson. I'm not to techno savvy, and I don't spend a great deal of time on the computer, but I am looking for someone I can call/meet that lives in the Dallas area. I have been to one support group and didn't feel like anyone was really listening... Everyone was to busy talking. I know I will have lots of questions and I don't really know anyone who has gone through this journey. I'm a nurse, 28, in a committed relationship. If anyone in the Dallas area is willing to be a buddy/mentor, in person, please send me a message.

Thanks

Julie

Julie -

I am newly banded (July 21st) as well, but if you want someone to go through the process with you, I am open to being a buddy.

also, I have recently joined a group on meetup.com that is for lap-band patients - it's very small - so far I think there are only 5 people, but a couple of them have been banded for a year or more.

If you are interested, let me know.

my e-mail is clfinzen@yahoo.com. If you e-mail me off line, I can give you my phone number.

Hope all is going smoothly with you . . .

Chris:thumbup: