Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Dallas Tx

hi all~

was banded back in Oct - use to live in coppell myself & have since moved south, buying a ranch.

i am no expert - i've found the band / diet / exercise fairly easy & have so far loved the results......here if anyone locally could use some assistance.

congrats to those newly banded.

lulu~

Ok, so I'm on Day six of my two week pre-op diet. I've lost 8 lbs so far, but boy it has been more difficult than I thought it would be.

I am on a full liquid diet with Protein drink in between meals. I am having headaches, not a whole lot of energy and feeling nauseated. Is this normal?

I never expected this process to be easy, but will this be the way it is after being banded? I actually feel terrible.

Any advise?

Hi Rhonda,

I feel your pain. I had to do the 2 week pre-op liquid diet as well. I contacted my surgeons office and inquired if i could have at least one meal a day and was told yes. Now I am not suggesting you do this without consulting with your surgeonfirst.

My surgeon allowed me to eat a small meal at lunch. I know eating that one small was so helpful for me. Keep your chin up the hard part is almost over, we've all been there and know how hard it is.

((HUGS))

~Cher~

Thanks for the support. I'm glad it's almost over. I am a little concerned with only loosing 8 lbs. I would have thought I would loose more.

Hi, I am in Flower Mound, moving to Argyle next month, but only 8 miles from where I currently live. I would love to have a local to chat with from time to time. Like this morning, I couldn't decide whether to go for a fill next Monday or to cancel. I posted and received great help in making my decision, but would be great to have a mentor to go to. In the meantime, I was banded in March, sort of new at this, but I would be happy to share and help with newbies in whatever way I can.

Welcome Lonestar! I was banded a few days before you. Feel free to reach out to me anytime. We're all in this together!

Hi Lonestar,

You have an awesome surgeon so rest assured you are in great hands. Please feel free to contact me anytime I am here to help.

((HUGS))

~Cher~

Hi everyone, I am also in the DFW area - Mansfield - and would like to start talking with you guys! I have not had the band yet but am seriously thinking about it and researching it. I'm scheduled to go to a seminar tomorrow even though I know I won't use the doctor that is giving it. I figure it can't hurt anything just to get information. I was at Barnes & Noble the other day and picked up a book about the surgery and discovered that the doctor that wrote it is in the Dallas area - Southlake. I think I'm going to try to go to his seminar as well! I guess I'm just having all the "should I" "shouldn't I" feelings right now. I have heard very little negativity so far. I look forward to making some new friends!!

Alison

I was banded on Tuesday the 24th. Had to stay in the hospital over night and got out Wednesday afternoon. I'm doing o.k. so far. They determined that I had a hiatel hernia that had to be repaired as well as getting the band, so needless to say I think I'm a little more sore than I thought I would be.

I have been drinking 2 oz of broth every hour as per my Physicians instructions. What I have found this morning is that I'm not hungry at all. I drank some Water because my mouth was extremely dry and then tried the broth, but find that I feel a little bit nauseated and I'm not sure if I can I can handle the broth this morning.

Is this normal?

Hi Rhonda,

First let me say "Congratulations" on being banded, you are going to do amazing.

As far as being nauseated this is very normal. You are still swollen from the surgery and your system is still in shock. This feeling will pass within 3-5 days. You will start to feel better as each day passes. Then your appetite will come back with a vengences, so be prepared for that as well. Follow your surgeons guidelines until you get your first fill and you will do fine.

We are pulling for you and can't wait to hear about your scale victories.

((HUGS))

~Cher~

I'm now 4 days post op. I'm still having nausea (no vomiting, yet) and a lot of pain which I think is gas. This is going to be TMI, but here goes anyway, I have not had a BM since before surgery. My physician said to take Milk of Magnesia. I opened the bottle and the smell of this stuff was enough to make me gag, so since I'm already feeling nauseated, I think I will pass.

How long will this just not felling well last? I'm to go back to work Monday as I was assured that I would be fine by that time as long as I have a job where I'm not pushing or pulling anything.

Any suggestions?

Hi Realme,

I was just wondering how you are doing 4 days out? Did you stay overnight or come home the same day?

Let us know!

Alison

Hi Everyone! It seems everyone on this thread is in the DFW area. My name is Chris and I live in Arlington. I was banded on Monday, July 21st.

I am REALLY going to need a buddy/mentor/kick in the butt/hug/shopping buddy. . . . :thumbup: If anyone here is interested in making an e-mail or face-to-face connection please let me know.

As for my experience so far, I think it must be typical. I'm down 12 lbs since my pre-op appointment on the 15th. I actually thought it would be less uncomfortable than it really turned out to be. Gas pains are NO JOKE!!!!! lol

Just yesterday and today, I really started to feel better. Today, I'm hungry and am trying to eat and drink. I think I've gotten myself slightly dehydrated, so I need to nix that in the bud before it gets out of control.

I am starting out at 313, size 26. My goals are to just be able to run if I want to run, buy clothes in any store I choose, and enjoy life to the fullest - not halfway as I have been.

I've always been heavy - went from childrens clothes to womens size 13 - no in between - so this is going to be an entirely different experience for me.

I would love to hear from you guys/girls in the DFW area . . .

thanks

Welcome christafin! Hang in there! It gets a whole lot better. The early days were much more difficult than I had anticipated too, but now that all seems so long ago.

Let me know if you need anything or have any specific questions. I'll be happy to help a fellow TX girl!