Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions.

Hi Ara,

Sounds like you got things pretty much under control. While Protein is important, the main thing the first few weeks is to just let your tummy heal. The first week, I didn't really care rather i ate or not. It's when you get feeling better that you start to miss food, but you will get thru it and I can tell you that from experience...lol There may be times when you don't believe me...but during those times...just get on here and look for some support. Take Care...Good Luck...bev

Thanks so much guys, I slept in today when I woke I had a melon flavored popsicle for Breakfast and sat down to look over my diet for the next few weeks again. I've made a list of what to get, some I've never had such as Cream of Wheat or Malt-O-Meal, lol we southerners eat grits so it will be fun to try the new things. I've got some Protein powder, but I've also got a friend who buys his from a place online that he really likes so I'll order some of those just to try.

So far my grocery list is as follows, please let me know of anything you found that you liked and did well on the tummy.

1% Milk

Light Yogurts (smooth type)

sugar free low fat pudding

fruit juice (Apple and Cranberry)

Reduced fat Cream Soups

Instant mashed potatoes

Grits

Cream of Wheat

Jello

popsicles

Broth/Stock

It's going to be a stuggle to get in the Protein the first few weeks but I'll do my best.

Ara,

Did you buy the light Fruit drinks? I know my nutritonist said to watch out for the sugar in the fruit juices. You wll get in your protien if you get some high Protein Drinks to mix with your milk.The company unjury has sample sizes which I loved. I bought one of each flavor they sold to try them all out. You will do fine. Do you have a heating pad, they do come in handy.

Also apple sauce(low sugar). The sugar free popsicles are great and they count as part of the liquid you need to get in. You will do great! One step at a time!

I wil be thinking of you tomorrow~!

I've read that some bandsters use Protein bullets during the first few weeks. They are a clear liquid and taste good mixed with Crystal Light or made into sf Jello. They should be available at GNC. I am planning on buying them when I get closer to my surgery. There are two kinds. One has 22 gms of Protein and the other has 42. I'm getting the 42.

The advantage is that we can use them the first day of surgery, and the whole first week, when other Protein shakes aren't allowed. For that, I will manage to force them down, even if they taste bad. But from other bandsters, they don't sound like they tase bad.

Once I taste them, I will probably buy them at Amazon. They have so many things I will need as a bandster. The prices are good, too.

mindwing:shades_smile:

I didn't pick up juice, even the lower sugar ones tend to send my sugar spiking (diabetic on a insulin pump) I might try some of the new splenda juices see how they do. I've pretty much taken fruit juices out of my diet the past few years.

Thanks for the info on the unjury I'll try them out, we live in a small town with very few choices for shopping so I'm so glad we have the internet and that I'm so use to shopping online.

I have surgery prep for this afternoon, have to drink 2 oz of Milk of Mag *shudder* lol I have a terrible gag reflex so this is going to be worse than a shot of Jager.

Ok I ordered all the Unjury samples, thanks for the info on them they sound great. On the weekends we tend to go to "town" and I noticed they had travel packs so that will be great.

Oh, I've never heard of them..we do have a local GNC so I'll have the DH pick some up Saturday. Does it matter what form the Protein is in for weight loss? I have set a goal weight of 170 lbs even though this will still be above my listed ideal weight because my surgeon said it was almost impossible for someone my size to ever expect to be 130-150 lbs. He really pushed for me to have the by-pass but neither the DH or I was comfy with it. I think that has been my biggest fear that I won't get down to a lower and healthier weight with this surgery. Right now I'm at 380 so I'd have to lose 210 pounds to reach goal weight. Can it be done?

Hi everyone.. i am new to this thread. I was just banded on the 1st and I am looking forward to seeing my BMI drop below 60.. This is going to be a long journey, but one that will be so worth it. I wanted to wish everyone great success thanks.. ME

Hello meschulltz,

Welcome to the thread. Hope you are doing fine after your surgery. The first few days can be a little rough, especially if you have gas pain. I live about 35 miles north of you in Masaryktown, Fl. So, howdy neighbor. I have been traveling on my journey for a little over a year now. It has been slow for me, but I am just so happy to be losing instead of gaining that it doesn't matter. I guess it must be age, cuz I am not worried about getting to goal in a hurry. If I make it to 200 lbs, I'll be a happy camper. I know that is way above where I am supposed to be still, but that will be about half my body weight. I hope you do well with your band. Take Care...bev

Thanks Bev... Your words help. My hubby had his surgery on the 24th and since you can never feel anyone elses pain I just thought by friday he was not doing to bad, but I am feeling ok not as god as I wish I was feeling.. I just keep praying that everything heals well. i am so nervous .. I just want success with this..

Good Luck on your journey Bev.. You are doing great..

Hi everyone, and thanks for creating this forum. I'm one month into my six month supervised diet. Presently my BMI is 63.3. I am 5'4" and weigh in at 369. I'm like a human weeble wobble. :crying:

But enough of the self-deprecating humor. It's business time!

I have set my goal weight at a lofty 140 pounds. I've had people tell me time and time again, don't aim big, but personally, I don't see the point in holding back. If I'm going to do this, I'm doing it all the way - not half-assed. I am hoping to have surgery at around the first of the year and right now I'm just aiming to get all of the pre-op stuff out of the way.

Anyway, this is a great forum. Here's to us!

Welcome lapbandgirlforlife. I am almost at the same place you are. I am going next week to have my doctor write the letter of recommendation, and to write my dieting results for the first month.

I like your human weeble-wobble image. I am Jabba the Hut with a neck. :crying: I weigh 404 with a BMI of 68.3

I am already preparing for surgery. I bought my first case of Protein bullets today- to have on hand for the post op diet. I don't see any other way to get my Protein in on Clear liquids.

I am also buying Da Vinci sugar free syrups, and they really make my whey taste great. Next month I plan on buying some unflavored whey to mix with broth and stuff for the liquid stage.

I agree with you, I'm totally serious about this. I am spending this week on liquids, and plan on doing that one week a month until my surgery. I've already given up sodas, and maybe candy (time will tell on that one).

I hope your supervised diet is succesful.

mindwing:shades_smile:

Hi Lapbandgirl4life,

Welcome to the thread. You are headed on a long journey and I like your attitude. I want to wish you lots of luck on your diet and your band. I suppose I am one of those whose expectations are not as high as yours. I think I just know myself well enough to know what I and my body are willing to do. Like I said though, I think maybe it is just something that comes with age for me. I just turned 56 and take life a little slower now. I just want to be able to get around and be healthy again. The band is helping me achieve these goals and I sincerely hope you reach your goal too. Take Care...bev

Well most of the bloating is gone but I still have some major gas pain. I'm walking and stretching so keeping my fingers crossed that it passes soon.

Well most of the bloating is gone but I still have some major gas pain. I'm walking and stretching so keeping my fingers crossed that it passes soon.

When my son had gas pains in his shoulder, he used a heating pad. It was the only thing that helped. He walked a lot also. I was very lucky...I had no gas pain. Take care and I hope you are feeling better soon.....bev

I tried the heating pad this afternoon and it worked well...lol until I had a hot flash and got to hot.

Feeling much better this afternoon...might even get froggy and eat some Jello. I'm trying my best to get in 46 oz of Water but dang, can only have 1 oz every five min. I'm down to pain meds twice a day and not every 4 hours like prescribed, I have one more day on the antibiotics and haven't needed the regulan at all as my stomach has been fine.

How many days are we to use the breathing thing? Does anyone remember?

where is everyone else that got banded Friday? I know LS and I aren't the only ones.