Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions.

and no carbination low amounts of sugar and low amounts of caffiene if any

Wow I wish we could manage to get my BF to have a band but he honestly only needs to lose maybe 30-40 tops lbs lol.. But man sometimes he can outeat me and that is a feat!!

monica, hello, It is great to have someone going through it with you though.

That should help tremendiously as you wont have what my BF does to me allot. bringing home stuff we aint suposed to have (not banded yet but diabetic)

I am just thankfull my BF is fully supportive.even if I have to scold him for brining home junk lol. at least hes trying to find fat/sugar free.

Wow whosyadaddy, thats just incredible!! I think I am jealous. LOL not really but way to go!

Bleh I got up today to a voice mail to call the docs office test results are in

I just went and had them done yesterday. Now I am worried :confused_smile:

Froggie hang in there lady! Your doing pretty dang good already, even before the band. Heck your an inspiration that shows what good determination can do durring the long waiting periods.

Telecia, you have lost 102 lbs without a band! WTG!! I lost 100 lbs many yrs ago by eating 500 or less calories a day. Yeah not to good for me but it worked at the time...then it came back lol. WTG keep up the great work! When are you getting banded?

hello everybody,

I am so excited about this surgery, my hubby said today that i will be so thrilled just to shop in a regular store or the goodwill for that much. He wants me to go first so he can take care of me and then i will take care of him when he goes. i feel very blessed to have a hubby like him because he really is a very special guy with a huge heart. Well nice to meet everybody and happy weight lost and banding.

Monica

Telecia, you have lost 102 lbs without a band! WTG!! I lost 100 lbs many yrs ago by eating 500 or less calories a day. Yeah not to good for me but it worked at the time...then it came back lol. WTG keep up the great work! When are you getting banded?

hehe I'm not sure that is correct. I went ahead and put it in my ticker for now cause I was hoping. But seriously doubt its right. 6months ago i was weighed in at 440 at the dr. last week I started seeing a new doctor and when the nurse put me on the scale she didnt bother moving it out of the corner it was in so I was half leaning on the wall. I suspect if I have lost it isnt that much lol. But i don't have home scale or access to one outside my dr.s office so i gotta wait till my next visit to see!!!

As for banding. dont know yet I just switched over to a new doctor (PCP) after fighting for a year with the old one to even get started on the insurance approval. The new doc wants to get a bunch of testing and a few visits in before even talking weight loss surgery.

Jon HOLY COW!! 170 pounds in 9 months amazing! And look at all the things you are doing, that is just wonderful! I know I could be losing faster if I would eat better and of course exercise more WTG your amazing!How is your wife doing? Keep in touch.

Thanks!!! MY wife is doing ok. She is kinda stalled right now. BUt she is re assessing her habits. Im pushing right now too. My loss stalls sometimes. THe whole of feb i didnt lose a pound and i really pushed then first week in March 11 pounds dissapeared! Weird! 1 pound a week is GOOD. My doc says its like a 5year plan. I broke all his records lol. HE said if i didnt lose another pound right now he wouldnt care...it was all worth it. BUt i AM going to reach my goal of 180 ish.

The emotialnal stuff has been harder than i thought lately. I feel like i can do all the things now i couldnt when i was bigger and i want to do EVERYTHING and thats just not possible finaclly.

I want to buy Armani suits and skydive LOL.

Nice to meet you. Msg me anytime in case i dont keep up on the thread.

Wow whosyadaddy, thats just incredible!! I think I am jealous. LOL not really but way to go!

Thanks!! I want to be here for you as i know what it feels like when your starting out at a high weight and you dont have 40-60 pounds to lose.

Froggie hang in there lady! Your doing pretty dang good already, even before the band. Heck your an inspiration that shows what good determination can do durring the long waiting periods.

thanks :rolleyes2: I'm glad I'm an inspiration. I plan on getting my ass back in gear for my next weigh in and losing at least another 3 lbs. I'd love to lose 7 though to be to 399 I'd be so psyched!!

I'm Jan from Kansas, 53 yr old with BMI of 63. I'm "hopefully" in month 4 of the 6month pre-op supervised diet for my insurance. I say hopefully because the surgeons office has some concern about my PCP's documentation the first 3 months. We shall see...... Anyway, I am glad to be a part of this group and look forward to all of us having tremendous success! I have been overweight all of my life -- up and down, up and down. I am so excited to anticipate having a tool that will help me to not only lose my weight (again) but also to help me keep it off.

welcome. I hope all goes well with your diet my 3rd month officially starts july 2nd but im actually done with the 2nd month so i changed it. :rolleyes2:

My name is Jennifer and I am 20 years old. When I started this process 3 weeks ago my bmi was a 73 now it is a 70. I am so excited to be banded this summer ( I only have one more dietician appt. june 30). I can't wait to have a healthier life and feel better about myself. congrats to all of you doing great out therel.:tt2:

Congrats Brockbabe, hope everything goes wonderfully.

Hi jenny,

Good luck on your journey! I can tell you it's one of the best things I ever did for myself! Please let us know how you are doing? Is there a BMI you have to get down to before your Dr with do the band? My Dr would not touch me until I got under a 60 BMI.

Best wishes

Thanks Froggie!!:angry:

Ann: The doc said that with my Bmi he would not do the gastric bypass on me. I was definitely not interested in that anyway but as far as the lap band goes he said he is fine to do it. Wait and see I guess.

Thanks for all your support.

Hello Everyone!I was banded on June 10th and am doing great.

weight.png

Stacey

Barix Clinic Yipsi, MI

Dr. Schram

Lap Band

Highest weight 378

Consult: April 8, 2008

Insurance approval April 20, 2008

PAT's May 28, 2008

Surgery June 10, 2008

Before surgery 371#

After surgery 368#