Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions.

My BMI is 68.9, I'm a 40 year old mom of 3 living with my BF of 8+ years after seperating from my ex after 13 years of a nightmare marriage. I'm really ready to get banded. Been a member here for 11 months now and that's how long I have been struggling with drs & Insurance to get approval.

It's been a frustrating time cause I am so eager to start losing weight. Been overweight all my adult life. Starting my senior year in HS where I gained the first 60 lbs cause we moved out of the country and into town where I wasn't spening all my time outdoors anymore. (moved cause of my dad was diagnosis with cancer and suddenly couldnt take care of our acrage) And having to care for my dad while mom worked. Its been a downhill battle since then.

Gaining and not losing after each kid and 2 miscarriges also, then a long stretch of severe depression thanks to my ex left me at a high of 650lbs. Now down to 440 and have been in the 400-450 range for the last 6 years. I'm tired of it and the scale not going any farther down, and ready to get back to a more normal life.

Thank you froggi1985 for creating this group as those of us with higher BMI's tend to have our own seperate issues with things that people with lower BMI's can't really empathize with truely(Most try though here) cause they haven't been there.

You're very welcome, I glad you like it. Yes us with higher BMI's tend to have different issues and a lot of us will lose weight faster than people with the lower BMI's cause we have so much to lose. So lets all hope for that. I am having a little bit of a battle with my insurance as of now but hopefully things will work out and my surgery will be in November. If it goes past Dec 31st, I won't be able to have surgery and will have to completely forget about it. Because I turn 23 in August and at the end of the year insurance kicks me off. But I hope things go well for BOTH of us. Good luck.

Hey folks! Thanks to froggie for making this foum! My starting weight was 362.2 with a BMI of 60.3-- I was banded on May 19th and lost 17 pounds in the 2 weeks post-op with liquids.

I sure hope this was the right decision for me and that the head hunger and the "need" to munch goes away once I get my 1st fill. I can tell that these 4 weeks of "soft/mushie" foods will be the hardest ever!!!!!!!!

You'll do fine, everyone has head hunger. It's what truly made us huge to begin with. :frown: It's awesome that you are down 17 lbs already, congratulations. I'm glad you like the forum and keep us updated. :biggrin:

My Bmi Is 64, I Did Get Banded June 3rd. So Far I Have Lost 12 Pounds.

That's fabulous. Congratulations! I hope it wasn't too bad of an experience after the surgery as some have a lot of pain/gas etc. I am glad you are doing well and thanks for posting. Keep us posted.:biggrin2::rolleyes2:

Hi everyone!

I tried to start an over 60 BMI group and it didn't work. Glad to see this one did!

I must be much shorter then you guys my BMI was 65 at 358. My Dr wouldn't touch me until I got under 60.

It has been an interesting journey so far. Good days and Bad days, but yes I am glad I have my band! I am 7 months in and have hit my 100 pound loss mark finally! Now onto my next goal!

Good Luck to you all!! You can do it, we all can do it!!

Best Wishes

Hi everyone!

I tried to start an over 60 BMI group and it didn't work. Glad to see this one did!

I must be much shorter then you guys my BMI was 65 at 358. My Dr wouldn't touch me until I got under 60.

It has been an interesting journey so far. Good days and Bad days, but yes I am glad I have my band! I am 7 months in and have hit my 100 pound loss mark finally! Now onto my next goal!

Best Wishes

Congratulations on losing so much weight!

I am 5'9 myself that's why my starting bmi was only 61.9 hehe but either way. I hope to have as much success as you. You are a great role model for us who haven't been banded yet or people who are newly banded or have been banded but are stuck.

Thanks so much for this post.:P

Hi everyone!

Best Wishes

100 pounds in 7 months??!?!!!??! WOW :) Congratulations!!!

You are an inspiration! Would you mind sharing with us all just how you did that? ** exercise ** what did you eat ** not eat ** what was the breakdown of weight you lost per month ** did you have BIG losses right away or did you slow down

Anything you can post would be great -- I know we are ALL different but your story (and it can be short) would be a great inspiration!

Hi, Im Jon.

My BMI was 65 when i was banded. I am down 170 in 9 months. Going strong. Id love to hang with you people.

You can see i was 440 in aug 08 and now 270.

Msg me if you have questions or need help.

Hi, Im Jon.

My BMI was 65 when i was banded. I am down 170 in 9 months. Going strong. Id love to hang with you people.

You can see i was 440 in aug 08 and now 270.

Msg me if you have questions or need help.

Welcome to the 60 and over forum!!! Congrats on an amazing weight loss...I sure hope I can lose like you have. Can't wait to here more inspiration from you. Thanks for joining and telling us about your success. Means a lot.:smile2:

lol i dunno, have lots of guys want me? :smile2: You don't look too bad yourself :lol:

Hi, My name is monica and i have a bmi over 60 I went for my seminar last night and weighed in at 366. I am hoping to lose 216 pounds to put me back at my high school weight of 150. I would love to make lots of new friends here on lapbandtalk. My hubby is also going to have the surgery along with me we are kinda teaming up.

Hi Jennifer, Froggie, Jon and Monica!

Wow this is great, so glad to meet you all. I got worried that this thread was going to die too. Glad to see you all on here.

Jennifer, I am 5'2" and my BMI was 65 at 358 lbs. My Dr would not operate on me until I got my BMI under 60. So for 3 months I went on a liquid protien diet. The first month I did 3 shakes a day. The next two months I did 2-3 shakes a day and 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. I lost 43 lbs in that time. Right after the surgery I was losing a pound a day for the first two weeks, then it stopped lol. Now I average a pound a week. I am going for my 3rd fill next Wed. I have not lost anything is 3 weeks. Once I get my fill I will lose if it works like my other two fills. I lose 5 pounds in the week after the fill. I am a slow loser, like I said an average of 1 pound a week, but as long as its going I am happy. Exercise...I hate it but I try and go swimming 2-3 times a week. I can't bike or tread mill as I have bad knees. I can't eat much for the first 8 weeks after my fill. Right now I am able to eat pretty much anything but very small amounts or I will get sick. I hope that answers your questions if not just ask! Congrats on your weight loss and on your band! I miss some things but I do LOVE my band! It keeps me from sitting down and eating a whole bag of potato chips and such. Good Luck to you! PLEASE keep in touch and let me know how your are doing!

Jon HOLY COW!! 170 pounds in 9 months amazing! And look at all the things you are doing, that is just wonderful! I know I could be losing faster if I would eat better and of course exercise more WTG your amazing!How is your wife doing? Keep in touch.

Froggie, 3 months to go! I know it seems like forever, but it will come. My ins didn't make me wait the 6 months so I was able to have the surgery in 3 months from my first visit once I lost the weight. What kind of diet do they have you on? Good luck keep in touch and keep up the good work!

Monica, hi good luck on your journey! It will be great to have someone going through it with you right in your own home! I wish you well on your goal! I will be happy to get under 200 lbs :confused_smile: When is your surgery? Good Luck! and please keep in touch!

actually 4 months to go...lol, month 3 officially starts july 2nd i just really wanted to change it to 3 lol close enough my last 2 month appt was today

and its just high Protein and keeping my calorie intake under 1600 but higher than 1200 and exercise...it helps obviously lol