Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

??Ever eat normal again??

I'm getting banded on June 9th. Just wondering do you every go back to eatting regular foods? If so about how long does it take ? I know that I won't be able to eat as much. And also what are some names for some good protien shakes?

Thanks to everyone for helping me..

Yes you will get back to eating regular foods quicker than you think. Then you will be in what we refer to as lapband hell. This will start about 1 to 2 weeks after your surgery and will last till your first fill that will be at about 6 weeks post op. Some docs do it at 4 weeks mine was 6 weeks. I got pretty good restriction on my first fill but I did not hit my sweet spot until my second fill that is very individual and it may take you several fills to get it adjusted to where you have good restriction. The best place I found for protien drinks is Bareatriceating.com not sure if i spelled it right!! you can get a starter pack of different protien drinks to try. I did this and it really helped me the first few weeks after surgery. I still buy their high protien foods. I love their Snacks. My best to you as you start you lapband journey!!!!

By the 6th week, i was eating everything.... There is nothing I can't eat. I do watch the amount of food I consume, and also avoid all sweets. Actually the desire for sweets has diminished for me. Hopefully it stays like that forever!! LOL I do make an effort make healthier choices of foods that I consume. I have cut back alot! I do enjoy eating the same thing that my family eats, but all in moderation. I also avoid fast foods. I havent ordered out anything in 6 Weeks!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I'd last this long!!! Lots of luck to you!!!

I CAN eat almost anything, but sometimes it's more work than it's worth. We had steak last night, and we each ate maybe 3 oz. For me, my relationship with overeating changed; I don't try to eat bread or Pasta because it's going to make me puke. BUT I don't miss it. Those foods are now associated with pain, not pleasure in my brain.

Remember, we weren't eating "normal" before. If we were, we wouldn't need bands!

100% whey Protein , vanilla flavored (you buy it at @ Wal-mart) or you may order unjury on their website. I like the strawberry sorbet flavor. I'm more on the practical side so I buy the whey Protein @ wal-mart because it is cheaper & you get more for your money & vanilla can be mixed with any fruit or flavor of yogurt. I LOVE to make Protein shakes out of yogurt. yum yum

All the Best

coltorismom