Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WATER ... It's sposed to be good for ya!

Those are the ones I use, I was drinking snapple diet and switch to the on the go crystal lite you put in your bottled Water.< /span>

Before surgery it was diet pepsi and diet dr pepper. Now 5 weeks later I really don't miss the soda.

Thanks again for your input.

62.giff?id=10492

The idea with the band is to avoid mixing Water and food at the same time. I've been banded for over 3 yrs. and always allow approx. 40minutes (before and after). When there's food in the band it is supposed to stay there for a while, without water, so that it makes you feel full and satisfied. If you add water, that will only help to «wash» the food out and you will feel hungry sooner than you're supposed to. This is valid even for people who don't have the band, plain dieters should not drink with their meal.

niki

I was just banded 2 weeks ago so I don't have a lot of restriction right now -- maybe it will be harder fitting in all that Water after I start getting my fills and have more restriction. But firht now I have no problem getting in anywhere from 64-80 ounces of Water a day. It took a little practice.... and also I have a job where I can get up and go to the bathroom anytime I want to, so that helps! I bring a 32 oz. bottle of water with me to work in the morning with a goal of finishing it before lunch, then I fill it up and start again for the afternoon. After a few weeks of making myself do that, I am now so in the habit that I usually end up working my way halfway through a third bottle before the day is out.

Wow! You must have been scoping me out when you wrote that! :thumbup:

They even have warnings out for pregnant women NOT to drink aspartame. It can cause birth defects. I've read some REALLY HORRIBLE side effects of artificial sweetner and avoid it like the plague.

Truth is, it DOESN'T matter if you drink Water right before eating, unless you are too tight. The water goes right through your band into your stomach and doesn't mix with food at all. I drink water right up until I eat--the water actually hydrates the stomach tissues where the band is, which is a good thing.

Bypass patients can't drink right before eating because the water will sit in their stomachs and impede their ability to eat food. But us bandsters are different. Only if your band is too tight will the water sit in there and prevent you from eating a full meal. That's why we avoid liquid calories--the band doesn't keep them in the upper stomach pouch at all, they just go right through.

Your first instincts were correct. And it's hard to get in a lot of water if you're always waiting so long before and after eating. (OF course, you need to wait the proper amount of time AFTER eating--for reasons that have been well explained already.)

MY DOC has a 10 min prior to eating rule...not 30

I think ten is sufficient for before eating for myself. Like gkeyt mentioned before it does go straight into your large belly, it doesn't sit in your pouch. I usually do wait no less than twenty, but if I eat right after I still am able to hold onto my food for the duration. The only time I have trouble is when I drink afterward.

However, it is always best to advice your surgeon one on one about this or your nutritionist if you have concerns.

can someone explain to me what PB means??? I guess I am ignorant of the band language. LOL

PB is a Productive Burp. When you eat too full or eat something that doesn't agree with your band, you will "burp" and up it comes! I've had a few of these already, and they are pretty nasty. :eek:

PB is a Productive Burp. When you eat too full or eat something that doesn't agree with your band, you will "burp" and up it comes! I've had a few of these already, and they are pretty nasty. :eek:

OH ty but that sounds NASTY!! I am 12 days into my band and haven't had anything to disagree with me yet but I guess that won't happen until I get myfirst fill. RIGHT?

Hi everyone. Had my 1-year visit with my surgeon a couple of weeks ago and she turned me onto this fantastic thing called Tide Me Over. It's a drink mix (like Crystal Lite) that's put out by Kraft under the South Beach label. It's got 5 g. Protein and Fiber as well with only 30 added calories. You just mix it with your bottled Water. It's wonderful and really does help if you get hungry in between but don't really want to eat. Personally, I don't do any Snacks at all because I hate to wait the hour to drink anything. I don't usually do solid food until lunchtime (shakes for breakfast).

I also do coffee - no problem with the caffeine, plain water, diet iced tea and other stuff like that. Fuze is good too, but be careful of which one - if it doesn't say "Slenderize" on it, it'll have too many calories.

Have a great day!

Steph

I drink up( well not right up) to eating and wait 30 minutes after to drink anything. Hardest part for me was not having a glass of wine with a good dinner. But I figure once in a while won't hurt me especially if it's a special occassion. My weight loss is going well over all.

OH ty but that sounds NASTY!! I am 12 days into my band and haven't had anything to disagree with me yet but I guess that won't happen until I get myfirst fill. RIGHT?

Does your doctor still have you on liquids? It's unlikely to happen at this point, but who knows? I was pretty tight right after surgery, so I think it can still be possible. I've even read around here people who do this even after a full unfill.