Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Ladies

I haven't been on the computer all weekend - Friday Trick or treaters - then Sat bf with gf - then another gf called stopped by and we had shrimp creole and watched a movie - Yesterday went and started cleaning my bro's house.. Love the time change in bed early - up early and even getting GS up was no problem...

I gotta make a confession here - to provide to you your mentor is human

fot the 1st time in 15 months I sorta pigged out on candy Saturday nite - no way like I use to but had about 5 fun size bars and a few reese mini pb cups - told GS I was going to throw the crap away - but he took it and hid it from me..

You know what - It made me sick - sugar over load - but all in all 1 time in 15 months of saying "screw it - I want to feed my emotions" isn't too bad

Well just cking in - cbl :thumbup:

Girl, I ate some fun size paydays, then took all the leftover candy to church and gave it to the youth group. Now, my house is safe again except for the ww cupcakes I made with pumpkin and a cake mix. I got back on Protein shakes today and hope to get this journey jump started. It really is hard, but necessary.

Take care Janet......we are here for you.

Hi everyone tonight (Monday). Well it seems we all got thru Halloween okay with not too much problem. I, myself, don't have much problem with candy so right now there is a big bowl sitting right in front of me. However, tonight I fixed breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy and fresh brocolli for dinner. I made up my mind I would eat real slow so I could eat some of this delicious meal. I ate meat first, brocolli second and then I indulged in half cup of mashed potatoes with gravy on it. I was able to eat the whole plate. I sat at the table wishing I could eat another plate full. (Janet would call this a head game). I have been comfortably full for the rest of the evening. I do notice with this last fill that I feel different when eating. I get full quicker. I think these fills are starting to kick in now. Next week is the Dr again so we will see. Went Xmas shopping over the weekend. Trying to get in on some good sales as I have expensive taste. Have continued with walking 2.4 miles every day. That for me will be my big hurdle. I can skip the food most of the time but there are days when I wish I didn't have to walk ya know. Anyway glad to hear everyone is well.

Beckyo:tt1::D:tt1:

Girl, I ate some fun size paydays, then took all the leftover candy to church and gave it to the youth group. Now, my house is safe again except for the ww cupcakes I made with pumpkin and a cake mix. I got back on Protein shakes today and hope to get this journey jump started. It really is hard, but necessary.

Take care Janet......we are here for you.

Charlene - Thanks - the candy is out of sight so I am ok.. BF yogurt/granola - L - 1/4 of a taco salad and some chips and salsa - dinner will be leftovers from last night fish rice spinach - and I have my sherbert and popcorn and did 1 hrs weights - and the scales and staying 138 to 140 so I am fine - I was just pissed that I gave into to that urge and then really didn't enjoy it all that much.. In fact in the pass all that candy would have been gone and I would have enjoyed it - I didn't really enjoy it all that much...

Hi everyone tonight (Monday). Well it seems we all got thru Halloween okay with not too much problem. I, myself, don't have much problem with candy so right now there is a big bowl sitting right in front of me. However, tonight I fixed breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy and fresh brocolli for dinner. I made up my mind I would eat real slow so I could eat some of this delicious meal. I ate meat first, brocolli second and then I indulged in half cup of mashed potatoes with gravy on it. I was able to eat the whole plate. I sat at the table wishing I could eat another plate full. (Janet would call this a head game). I have been comfortably full for the rest of the evening. I do notice with this last fill that I feel different when eating. I get full quicker. I think these fills are starting to kick in now. Next week is the Dr again so we will see. Went Xmas shopping over the weekend. Trying to get in on some good sales as I have expensive taste. Have continued with walking 2.4 miles every day. That for me will be my big hurdle. I can skip the food most of the time but there are days when I wish I didn't have to walk ya know. Anyway glad to hear everyone is well.

Beckyo:tt1::biggrin::tt1:

Becky

IMHO I think you have restriction... and Yep HEAD HUNGER you wanted to eat more just cuz it tasted so good... The walking will help compensate for the gravy :D I stay away from gravy and fired foods - I use I can't beleive it's butter spray on my veggies & rice or tatoes... I love white gravy - but I just don't do it anylonger...

Hi Folks!

Oh, I so understand the candy thing. I have had a real struggle for the past few weeks! My classroom is full of junk! Seems adults are worse than any wanting treats around.

But! I had a real strict "talk" with me and got my head into the right place! I brought some Protein Bars to work and cut it into quarters and had a boiled egg as soon as I got to school! I can't make the treats dissappear (well, I can, If I want to be the "mean instructor") I figure I will always have temptations so I best learn to deal with them!

Janet! I love the fact that you are so "real" with us! You are honest and shoot from the hip! I read and re-read your post. I am trying to find my "eating" normal place. I don't want to think of diet or what I can or can't have! I want to eat for health and find the eating pattern that I can live with and be a healthy weight! You have said you eat everything, you just limit the amount and times. i am using that approach. I am a slow loser, but that is ok! I am losing!

Thanks for all the support!

Janet...I have read more posts this past week about bandsters being lured by Halloween candy. Maybe the temptations experienced during this Halloween will kick start our will power and more prepare us to stay away from the "hellish" treats during the upcoming holidays? We all feel so bad when we give into our urges. Guess we can walk away from it feeling negative or we can turn it around feel positive about doing a little planning ahead for the holidays. Looks like you got right back on the horse yesterday. I admire that.

Heading in to see the doc for my monthly visit this afternoon. I have been so lucky that our lapband program includes 5 yrs of follow up after surgery. My doc is very stern with his diet plan (maybe too much so sometimes) but he always takes the time to really listen and hoping he will be today when I tell him I will be (and have been) bending the rules and including 2 Snacks a day. They have been healthy (beef Jerky, Greek yogurt, 100 cal popcorn, 140 cal Protein bars, etc). He preaches 1/2 cup 3xdaily at each and every visit. Well, not working for me. I have dropped 4-5lbs below my goal and don't want to be there. We'll see what he says.

Have a good day everyone. I am doing my favorite thing in the world today. Organizing closets. Sound sick? It's a task that has always been a stress reliever for me (better than sitting down with a buttered popcorn?).

Thanks Cathy..

Yep I am real - as to eating anything - I guess I should clarify it a bit - I eat low calorie meaning low fat and low sugar.. During the weight loss phase of my journey - I ate 800 - 1200 cal max a day and exercised (which I still do and my calories now are about 1500)- I really did stay away from things like lasagana - high carb foods - I do have carbs just limited - but my focus was on eating healthy period not dieting making this a lifestyle change... Also eating anything to me is that my restriction is such that I can eat almost anything without a problem as long as I chew eat slowly etc..

For some of us the weight will come off faster than others - but this isn't a race - remember the turtle won the race not the hare :0)....

I was very very committed and did not sway too very much from my healthy eating - Yes I ate out about once a week or maybe every 2 weeks but 98% of the time I eat healthy.. Still do - well except for the candy over load the other night ;o)

For me my band has was the tool that I needed to be able to practice all the healthy eating knowledge that I had...

Most of us are diet experts - but we could never keep up with whatever plan we have done cuz we all thought of it as a diet and would get to goal or give up and go back to eating normal -(well we all know where normal eating got us) - Well now I finally know this isn't a diet and with the help of my band I can live a healthy lifestyle...

Janet...I have read more posts this past week about bandsters being lured by Halloween candy. Maybe the temptations experienced during this Halloween will kick start our will power and more prepare us to stay away from the "hellish" treats during the upcoming holidays? We all feel so bad when we give into our urges. Guess we can walk away from it feeling negative or we can turn it around feel positive about doing a little planning ahead for the holidays. Looks like you got right back on the horse yesterday. I admire that.

Heading in to see the doc for my monthly visit this afternoon. I have been so lucky that our lapband program includes 5 yrs of follow up after surgery. My doc is very stern with his diet plan (maybe too much so sometimes) but he always takes the time to really listen and hoping he will be today when I tell him I will be (and have been) bending the rules and including 2 Snacks a day. They have been healthy (beef Jerky, Greek yogurt, 100 cal popcorn, 140 cal Protein bars, etc). He preaches 1/2 cup 3xdaily at each and every visit. Well, not working for me. I have dropped 4-5lbs below my goal and don't want to be there. We'll see what he says.

Have a good day everyone. I am doing my favorite thing in the world today. Organizing closets. Sound sick? It's a task that has always been a stress reliever for me (better than sitting down with a buttered popcorn?).

Apples - Last Halloween I didn't have too much of a problem resisting the candy - this yr I really think it's the stress of losing my brother and my own pity party with candy... I know better - but now that I did it I really do know better cuz it sure in the heck didn't help - in fact all that sugar made me kinda sick..

Yep your doc sounds a little strick but he just wants the best for you so you can't discount that... I took my doc's guidelines and made them work for me... I am a bit of a rebel sometimes :tongue:

It's great that you can sit and talk to him - my doc's that way too - which I think is a rareity now a days...

Well I need to get to work... Will CBL :tongue:

AMEN! JANET! It has to be about healthy eating. I do splurge once in a great while but not very often and when I do, I am very careful to have a small helping. I go to Dr a week from Thursday and I went to have my yearly today. the gyne was thrilled about my weight loss and walking. All in all, I got a good report. Went on walk this morning, then came home and cleaned, laundry, raked, etc. Glad to hear everyone is doing okay today.

Beckyo:thumbup:

I actually had a splurge tonight. Our favorite Mexican restaurant was having $2 burritos tonight. I wanted to eat so much more of it, but only ate about a third of it and then only ate the innards, no tortilla. But what gets me is the chips. I had some of those. I stopped myself though, it was definitely a case of head hunger. As I was very full and knew if I ate more I'd be in trouble, but oh how I wanted to. DH took the rest of my burrito home for Breakfast in the morning, he loves that kind of food for breakfast. And then ordered another to go, but we left the chips on the table!

Well I am off to my support group tonight. I just hate now that it's dark so early and i have to drive in the dark though, but it's important to me so I will. It's about half an hour from my house.

Yep Becky & Lori - I truely believe in not dieting... We have life to live and it's not about celery & carrots as we were always told before.. It's all about moderation..

Today - I had a banana for bf - 3/4 cup lasagna for lunch and for dinner a one pot wonder (hamburger/onion/bell pepper/rice/corn/tomato sauce) - I haven't eaten yet but in just a few - went to the gym did my 3 miles - this is my 1st week since my bro's death that I have really gotten back into my schedule and it feels good.

Well - I am off to watch the elections - I think history is going to be made tonite !!!! But til the last vote is counted who know - remember Gore vs Bush... We can't count our chickens just yet ....

TTYL - Hugs Janet...

Good Morning Ladies !!!!!

New President and New Look for LBT :biggrin:

How is everyone today? I am doing good - I like this time change I am to bed early (9:30) and up early (4:30) the only thing is when I leave the gym it's dark - that part I really don't like too much - but I do like that my evenings seem longer - heck I was home from the gym by 5:15 and cuz it was dark I thought it was like 7 - That gave me 2 hours which I love...

Well off to work - I will cbl:wink:

HI All,

Getting to the board was h-a-r-d today. My old bookmark didn't work and somehow it was really difficult finding this site. Hope it gets easier.

I started keeping my food journal again today. I'm a bit tired of being in the same place, so I need to be more vigilant. Had to postpone my fill, because of my father's illness, but they took pity of me and gave me an appointment in two weeks. I think if they hadn't been helpful after I told them my father had a TIA, I would have gone down there and picketed.

So far today has been filled with giving my mother a shower, making them Breakfast, making doctors' appointments for my family and catching up on paper work. It's amazing how quickly life goes back to normal after a vacation. BUT somehow I am going to fit in some exercise today. I don't know how or when, but I will.

Janet, how do you get up at that hour? It sounds like you are really enjoying your days. Nice.

Talk to you all later.

Love,

Ellen

Wow - new site looks good, although it threw me for a second. Janet - 4:30am!! OMG, I sleep till the last possible minute then jump out of bed. Heading off on another business trip to Orlando for 5 days. Not looking forward to it as Orlando is not one of my favorite places.

I'll check in when I get back.

- Kathy

I had trouble getting here today too,just because it signed me out and I had to sign back in and couldn't remember my password. But I got it eventually.

At my support group last night our leader was the nurse practioner for the bariatric program at my hospital. I was going to be starting to volunteer there and got word my background check was in so I talked to her and went in today. It was so much fun. I set up a classroom for the preop nutrition class and greeted those folks as they arrived and gave them their notebooks. I did some copying, delivered those to the surgeon's office and visited folks in the hospital recovering from bariatric surgery. I really enjoyed it and think I will do that at least once a week now while I am not working.