Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Laura....thanks for the ass transplant offer. And, I have an idea to help you out. We can take up a collection amongst the girls here on this thread and HIRE someone to drag you to the gym! I now have connections in FL!

Happy to hear your parents made it home safe and sound.

Linda...I am thinking that I traveled quite close to where you live in the last couple of days. Was telling DH that if I would have had some notice, I would have called you to meet for coffee or lunch. Next time!

Janet...not quite retired. Still the "Gofer". I won't be busting my butt but a little busy some days. You ask what will I do???? Still want to get back into the work force. I know, I know...crazy? Just need that outside stimulation.

Think I am all caught up. Going to try and meet up with a couple of friends tomorrow and then do some grocery shopping. Also need to order another 1/2 beef since my last one made a trip to Atlanta.

Heading to bed with my book...you all have a good night.

Evening ladies,

Webinar info.

My band doctor's contention is you have to eat foods that you chew, 3 times a day, and eat 1/3 of what you ate before banding. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly is part of it. Then tonight's webinar was on nutrition/diet. Everything we eat is our diet...no matter what it is...what we need to strive for is good nutrition. (This one was done by the nutritionist). She stressed the basics, whole grains (50% of our diet), fruits and veggies (5 servings), milk/yogurt (2 servings), meats/beans (50grms daily), fats/oils (3 teaspoons). So most of this is what we learned a long time ago. She gave the website for the mypryamidMyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home but says she gets confused by the ounces and colors (she is from Mexico and Spanish is her first language) I think it's an interesting site. She did not stress carbs/protein/fat instead she stressed food groups. Eat only the small amounts recommended every day.

So this is your webinar information center signing off for the night because once again, I'm tired and can't think straight.

Eva

Evening ladies,

Webinar info.

My band doctor's contention is you have to eat foods that you chew, 3 times a day, and eat 1/3 of what you ate before banding. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly is part of it. Then tonight's webinar was on nutrition/diet. Everything we eat is our diet...no matter what it is...what we need to strive for is good nutrition. (This one was done by the nutritionist). She stressed the basics, whole grains (50% of our diet), fruits and veggies (5 servings), milk/yogurt (2 servings), meats/beans (50grms daily), fats/oils (3 teaspoons). So most of this is what we learned a long time ago. She gave the website for the mypryamidMyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home but says she gets confused by the ounces and colors (she is from Mexico and Spanish is her first language) I think it's an interesting site. She did not stress carbs/protein/fat instead she stressed food groups. Eat only the small amounts recommended every day.

So this is your webinar information center signing off for the night because once again, I'm tired and can't think straight.

Eva

That is what Dr. Davis was showing(pyramid) only he said he would like us to cut way down on the whole grains.....more green veggies. I don't eat bread, but I do eat whole wheat crackers and oatmeal.

I go today for my evaluation for physical therapy. Hopefully, I will learn new exercises. Right now I walk, bike, and do resistance bands.....I am doing one or two everyday, but I need to increase my time.

I hope all of you have a great weekend! Me.....well, I will be cleaning out a closet and dresser drawers for my temporary guests. I told DD she could stay till summer. Her fiance is already trying to come back, but this would be the sixth time. She is done and wants to get out of the house before she has to deal with him again. They love each other, but too many issues. He really needs to be on anti-depressants. Sad because he is a good guy, but refuses to get help.

Eva...nice to have a lesson as an eye-opener first thing in the morning. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of the pyramids charts from grade school when they talked about the food groups (Oops...that lesson did not sink in for about 50 yrs!). Hope you got a good night's sleep, Eva. You are working way too hard lately.

Arlene...what a good momma. Will be thinking of you and your situation over the next few months.

Wish I could just pop over and help you clean out those drawers and closets. (One of my favorite things to do). Also, hoping you get some relief from your daily discomfort that comes with your illness. I understand where you are coming from when you talk about it. I have friends that suffer with the same ailment. Not fun and you live your life around the disease. I feel for you, Arlene.

Was bone-tired last night by 9:30 when I went to bed. Think I read less then one page of my book, which is unusual. Why is it that traveling by car (truck) is soooooooooo tiring? Fully rested this morning and ready to take on the day. Steel cut oats on the stove and ready to eat. You all have a great day!

Welcome back Apples.

Therapy went really well yesterday. I had so much to tell her and we got all caught up. The next session is when the work will begin. I survived my long day yesterday. I did take a little cat nap in my car between classes. I can't believe how tired I was.

My little guy threw up last night and said his ear hurt but this morning he seems fine. Can't decide if I should take him to the doc. It is friday and if I don't take him today and he really is sick we will be in urgent care. But he said he feels fine today.

I bumped into one of my former students yesterday. (I was a teachers aid). She was one I spent alot of time with. Straight A student, perfectionist but I tutored her in math. It has been 5 years and she actually remembered me and recognized me. She told me how much I had helped her to get into college and stuff. It felt really good to know that and see her being successful.

I have my second fill this morning. And you are right I am intimidated by my doc. Usually I am intimidated by most people I meet. Especially, MEN. It isn't really my doc's issue it's mine. But now that I realize what I am doing I can change it. After my appt I pretty much have the rest of the day. I will study a little but try to relax some. I don't have an exam for awhile.

I found out yesterday that my grandmother died and my cousin son has died too. Very sad time for my family. My cousin and I were like brother and sister growing up. He actually rented a room from my husband and I for awhile. It is heartbreaking to know he is going through this. He lives so far away no and we don't keep in touch anymore but I still feel so sad for him. My grandmother fell and broke bones in her face. They just don't heal and now she is gone. I can't make either funeral. They are too far away and I can't take the time off of school and Don can't get off work.

His boss had lapband surgery Wed and 2 hernia repairs. He was insistant he would be back to work on friday. My husband and I tried to tell him but He said "I like to think that I am pretty tough". He called work yesterday after his surgery and told Don he would need more time. So Don is the man in charge over there. There is noone else to take over.

Good morning sunshines!

I am feeling better today. Had a nice talk with Mom and Dad this morning. He is going to see his onc and get some labs and fluids and figure out whether he should reclamp/cap the nephrostomy tube. He's ready for Round #3 of chemo on Monday. He sounds like a different person from even yesterday when he left. Maybe a good nights rest in his own bed helped.

I am so mad at the nickelodeon channel that airs Sponge Bob. Two mornings in a row Nelson has come out of his playroom crying his eyes out! They keep running the ASPCA commercial with Sarah Mclachlan.

I am an animal lover and even support the ASPCA annually AND all but one of my pets in my whole life has been a rescue, BUT...... their commercials cross the line when they play on a kids tv station. I can't watch that commercial myself without crying- imagine what it does to a little kid! Am I overreacting?

ok my friends. Time to clean and organize (I think Apples and I were twins separated at birth). NOTHING makes me feel better than an organized pantry, for example. : ) Will CBL...

peasout.. Laura

Apples - A side of beef – but I thought you weren’t cooking for the whole farming gang – but I know you like to be prepared ;0) Partying all ready – omw you have more energy than me – I need my veg time after all that traveling…

Eva – I agree good food (nutrition) not necessarily carbs issue – This is one reason I am always preaching eating healthy not dieting – I know you disagree with this but – cuz you think you have to diet to lose the weight – but you don’t you just have to make healthy food choices and with the band and proper restriction you will lose the weight – Our “normal” eating is what got us fat in the first place – Yes some pple ate pretty healthy prior to banding – but just ate too much food – Even those pple if they really logged all that they ate I think they would find that they ate a little unhealthier than that thought – (Oh I ate tons of veggies – but they were loaded w/butter – Oh I ate bread but it was whole grain)– heck it’s better to eat a peach than a slice of bread – peaches have carbs but I think it’s a healthier choice of food than a slice of bread loaded w/butter.. It’s a reason I think veggies are pretty much free foods as long as they aren’t loaded with butter – I love my I can’t believe it’s not butter spray..

Charlene – My Xdh was like your DD fiancé – 6 times – oh that’s a few times too many – but heck after divorcing my dh – I went back (yes I was mentally ill) but I thought I needed to try harder – well – it still didn’t work – and who needs all that drama and it’s not teaching your DGD good relationship issues. It’s going to be an adjustment and like you said the side affect (stress) will help w/your band – just don’t eat around it..

What are you going to pt for???

Apples I agrees it’s all about the light bulb going off in your head – having your ah ha moment – Driving is stressful cuz you have to watch out for all the crazies on the road – Glad you got a good nite sleep… I’m having strawberries & ham/cheese roll ups for bf today – fish for lunch – steak for dinner..

Jessica – Hugs on your losses !!! That’s so sad… I am glad to read that you are starting to stick up for you – think of it this way – your doc is your employee you pay him ;0) – but ya it’s easy to be intimidated by docs lawyers etc – we think they are so much smarter than us – but in all reality they aren’t – they are no diff than us – we all choose diff paths in life that’s it.. Hope your fill goes well and girl you are doing a great job – so don’t stress so much – I bet your doc will be happy with you :0) LOL on Don’s boss – men -

Laura – I’m with you on those commercials – I can’t watch them – I turn the channel !!!

Ok how’s this – I will drag your ass to the gym and you come and orignaize me !!!! That’s a good trade off – I’ll come and stay with you for a week and then you come and stay with me for a week ;o)

Well, Good Morning Gang – I bet 3 pple have posted since I started this – I have this new thing – I quote and then copy and paste into my email here at work – so if someone walks in they think I am typing an email – then when I am don’t I paste back into lbt ;o) I know I am a terrible employee ;0) but I am a creative one :0)…

Not much to report since last night - Watched Idol – Linda the Cuban girl shouldn’t have gone home – the red head should have – I was ok w/who went home for the guys… Anyone watch the real housewives of NYC or Orange – I didn’t do too much of the OC girls this year but the NY wives are back on they are my fav ;0) – never watch the Atlanta one.

Food was good yesterday – but gotta say I have been craving sugar – it’s my withdrawals from last weekend (1 piece of pie/ice cream & 1 piece of cake/ice cream and a candy bar)..

Well, I have had a couple calls – got an application done – and helped by boss with a coverage question – and did this post – so I better get the rest of the stuff done on my desk – it’s 9 a.m.

Cbl – Hugs !!!

Good Morning All, wow, took me a little time to catch up on the reading. Eva, thanks so much for sharing your webinar info with us -- I really like hearing what different doctors think, etc. I eat pretty much like the pyramid except I have no whole grains -- only occasionally do I eat any crackers, Cereal, etc. So yeah, it appears I'm eating quite healthy. Speaking of food, I finally tried Greek Yogurt yesterday and my word, I was so FULL from it -- honestly, I ate it around 10:30 a.m. and never once during the day did I feel hungry -- I ate my lunch around 1:30 and never had any desire for anything until my dinner at 7:00. Looks like I'll definitely be adding Greek Yogurt to my shopping list. I had looked at it before, but it was $8 for a 16 oz. container. But now they have some different brands and are offering individual containers for $.99 so now I feel like I can afford it.

LauraK, you never know about interviews these days -- when we have an opening in our company it always takes several weeks before they make their decision on who to hire -- they phone interview, then do live intervews and then they still seem to take forever to make a decision.

Laura, glad you are doing better today. That commercial made me cry my eyes out too -- there's nothing wrong with you. I cannot tolerate innocent children/pets being abused. I forgot to congratulate Nelson on his new TQD belt. I think martial arts is great for kids.

Judy, how's the play going? I guess you'll be done after the weekend. Enjoy the cast party -- bet you'll have fun.

Jessica, how fun to run into a former student -- bet she was impressed on how great you look too. Hope your DS is feeling better. How did your fill go? Hope it brings you to your sweet spot.

Janet, I agree about Idol last night. I was crushed the beautiful Cuban girl went home, I really liked her. Yes, that redhead should have left -- not only this week, but last week, wonder why she has people voting for her? I think she's pretty bad. As for the boys, it was who I expected -- I was slightly worried about Andrew, but glad he made it through. I think he's quite good, he just needs to start picking the right song and get the judges on his side. Have you noticed Ellen's neck/chest? OMG it looks 120 years old! She finally wore a scarf to kind of cover it. She's not very old, I can't believe her neck/chest is so wrinkled. I hope this doesn't make me sound horrible, but jeesh, we many of us here are older than her and our necks/chests look okay. Even after losing over 100 lbs. we look normal, so what's up with her I wonder? Some times it's nice to see they have problems too -- not just us everyday folks.

Apples, yes, we must must must get together next time -- promise me. Maybe we could meet halfway sometime. I live in Oskaloosa, about 65 miles SE of Des Moines. Pretty little town.

Arlene, you are a wonderful mom and GM. So generous of you to allow them to move back in while they get this straightened out. Sad story, feel bad for your DD and GDs that this fiance would do this so many times -- very sad. Hope it all works out for everyone. However, you need to lay down the rules and remind everyone that you are taking care of you and not them. And then you follow through with that. You don't need to add any stress to your life -- you have enough on your plate and you need to put yourself first. I had to do that and trust me, it's not easy and I feel guilty a lot, but I just kick myself and say, "hey, you did it ALL for all these years, it's okay" -- we need to think of it as a "job" that we "retired" from. It just helps to keep your perspective when you feel guilty for not cooking, shopping, cleaning, laundry, and doing doing doing for everyone.

Julie, hope you are having a great day and feeling good today. And yes, you are a very strong woman who can do anything you decide to do. Trust me.

Gotta get back to work, I've been writing this for hours and now I forget about what everyone wrote anyway.

Love you all -- Linda

Edited by ljv52

Hey there, I've had the morning off from Mimi and slept in a bit, sat in the hot-tub for awhile, did my dishes from last night (no dishwasher here), used up ripe bananas and made banana bread, watched Young and the Restless, and now it's time to go get Mimi.... Not a bad morning all in all....... I will have her this evening as DD has a project to help her boss with at work. They are ripping out the old carpet getting ready for some new flooring.... A bit over an above the call of duty I think, but she and the boss have become such good friends.....

Today is World Day of Prayer as disignated by the World Council of Churches and I have to go to that for an hour this evening to do my part.... Will only be an hour and is usually very nice and relaxing... Don't remember what country has done the program this year... always interesting to hear about Christianity as it happens in other countries.... DHd will have to keep Mimi for an hour... I can forgo the dessert afterward and come home early....

Janet, we buy our beef by the side, too.. It's because we get it from a producer who happens to be a friend and we know exactly what kind of beef we are getting.. The steaks are always so tender you can cut it with a fork.... The best way to buy beef, when you know where it came from... and if you have the room to keep it... We have some coming sometime in March and a good thing as my freezer is about empty... A little ground beef and some steaks left... I miss the roasts...

Well, better be off.... TTYL.......... Julie

Linda – I have heard so much about the greek yogurt – great pt – and I think they have sf/ff but not at my cheapy stores (winco/target/stater bros) – I think I have to go to trader joes or henry’s for it.. What flavor did you get???

I like Andrew too he’s from Moreno Valley which is about 50 miles from me - so he’s almost a hometown boy for me :0).. Ya that red head needs to go – I don’t know who’s voting (no me ;0) but they are stupid imho :0) to keep her – she must have a strong fan base..

Julie – Glad you had some time to yourself :0) – I am looking forward to some this weekend..

Well back to work cbl

Linda – I have heard so much about the greek yogurt – great pt – and I think they have sf/ff but not at my cheapy stores (winco/target/stater bros) – I think I have to go to trader joes or henry’s for it.. What flavor did you get???

I like Andrew too he’s from Moreno Valley which is about 50 miles from me - so he’s almost a hometown boy for me :0).. Ya that red head needs to go – I don’t know who’s voting (no me ;0) but they are stupid imho :0) to keep her – she must have a strong fan base..

Julie – Glad you had some time to yourself :0) – I am looking forward to some this weekend.. - I do have a freezer in the garage - but heck yesterday I bought some healthy choice fudgesicles - I had some in their along with some WW ones - I forget whats out there - I saw some corn dogs that Andrew wanted but hasn't eaten - I gotta remind him they are out there..

Well back to work cbl

Janet, I had Yoplait and it had 12 grams of Protein and no fat -- 130 calories. Not sure if it was SF, but it wasn't sweet really - just good. It sure keeps the hunger at bay. The one I tried was strawberry. They are getting more and more brands at our grocery stores -- one of the kids I work with said he bought some vanilla that reminded him of cheesecake -- well, I'll have to try that one for sure. I miss cheesecake!

Linda

My fill went great. The Doc was thrilled with my progress. I guess I am not giving myself enough credit. I lost 7 pounds the past 3 weeks. I want to lose 14 by easter. That is from a goal I set at valentines. I have about 28 days left and another fill scheduled. I am gonna be cutting it close. I know though without these minigoals I wouldn't be losing as quickly. One lady in my surgeons office was banded the same day as me and has lost 50 pounds. We both started preop about the same time. I am happy for her and feel encouraged by it. I am glad we decided to keep in touch. I know I could be doing more though. If I followed the diet and exercised like I was suppose to I could lose more. That is some of the reason why I wanted to get back into therapy too. I made a huge commitment when I decided to get the lapband and I want to stick to it.

My son went with me to the doc and the doc was wonderful to him. My son did misunderstand something the doc said and started crying. My doc was talking to him about my "shot" and Jake thought he was getting one too. I felt so bad for him. My Doc is also a pediatric surgeon and it was intresting to see the difference in how he talks to me and then to Jacob. He told Jacob to take me outside and play football. Then Jake told him "Mommy always gets hurt". Kids say the darndest things. It is hard for me to play with him because I get so winded. I guess he thinks I am hurting.

I did decide to take him to the doc and he does have an ear infection. I guess Peas was right when she said she likes to put kids with croupe on antibiotics. I also had him look at Jakes worts. The doc actually told me to put duck tape on them for 3 days then use a file to file them down. What?!?! Do you realize he is 5 and not going to wear duck tape inside the knuckles of his fingers for 3 days? Last time my son was having GI trouble he told me to feed him popcorn and Gummy bears, turns out he had shigella. I am starting to think this guy is a little off. It's not even his regular doc but since we just called this morning we took who we could get.

It is a beautiful day outside. About 65 degrees, sunny. Great day for a motorcycle ride. My inlaws are off on theirs for the weekend so we can't take off on ours. Don is working so much anyway.

Maybe I'll take Jake to the museum. We bought yearly passes this year. Or the zoo, if it stays nice. No more cold air for him til he is better. I love the zoo. They have an exhibit where you can pet stingrays and I heard they just opened up the penguins last week.

Guess I have blabbered on enough for the moment. Hope yall are doing well.

Thanks gang, for the encouraging words and the wisdom. Yep, i will be hardline with those girls. I am still hoping this won't happen.

Janet, i went to pt because Dr. Davis wanted DH and I to learn some exercises for bad backs and core. We are going four times.....the next four fridays. Hey, we did stop at Olive Garden and had Soup and salad. Surprisingly, we ate only a small salad and half our soup. Neither one of us had eaten so both of us were tight.

Once again, I can't thank all of you enough for the support. I hope you all have sunshine this weekend!

Linda

Oh Yoplait is regular yogurt and I think the pt is only 5 0r 6 not 12 (well I have always counted what ever it say as pt grms – not the % of dv – that’s not the right # - that’s telling you that serving size was 12% of your daily pt value based on a 2000 cal a day diet

I thought you got the greek yogurt Fage – I eat the Yoplait Lite and Dannon Lite and Ft – the Lite thick & creamy Yoplait is very good – I like yogurt and will have it for dessert and or b/f – you know you can take lite cream cheese – lite cool whip – splenda – and make a no bake cheese cake :0) - I use the vanilla a lot – I put my cereal in it in the a.m. and fruit … I also use the vanilla over a sf piece of angel food cake that I topped with black berries, raspberries and strawberries in place of whip cream – it’s good too..

Ask me for something sweet and minimal calories and I will tell you how to make it :0) – brownies I don’t have an answer for yet though :0)

Jessica – Yes girl you need to give yourself credit – that’s a Beckism :0) giving yourself credit for all your hard work !!!! I did the duct tape on my finger – and it worked.. Heck put duct tape on it then a bandaid over it

Charlene –Oh I thought you had injured something :0) and that’s why you were going to pt ;0) glad it’s just to learn to do exercises :0) WTG on lunch – what kind of soup/salad did you have – I don’t go to olive garden much – I think I have been once since banded – I think I had grilled shrimp and after watching my gf daughter scarf down the appertizer and then the 3 tons of Pasta she ate – I wasn’t that hungry – just thought omg you use to eat like that..

Ok back to work – only 50 minutes till freedom

Eva - thanks for sharing your webinar - wish our doctor offered something similar, but your overview is just as good.

I had my first post-op appt today. Doctor says I'm doing fine. Good to hear. First fill is scheduled, but I can't remember when it is. He moved me to mushie stage which will be nice.

Sunny & nice in KC.

Sending hugs to all.

Joyce