Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning, Friends....

Janet...I thought Great said her trip was a 10 day thing. Thinking she will be back and posting Tuesday or Wed.

Got a good night's sleep even though I was up for an hour between 3am and 4am. I do sleep good usually and never toss and turn. The hungries usually get to me about 3 and may as well get up and tame them so I can sleep.

Up about 6 to a thick ice all over everything. Cars are going by here (live on a busy county road) just a few miles per hour. Must be slick. No intentions of going anywhere today. May be meeting friends tonight for dinner. Just need to get ahold of them and see what it up. Just couldn't face the pile on my desk yesterday so will be planted right here today until I get to the bottom of it.

Oldest DS will turn 29 yrs old on Monday. You know they are grown up when they ask for work boots for their bday. LOL. He's the son that works for us. Son in Atlanta is 26. Says he will never get married. No pushing from us. He does have a very lovely GF. We will just sit in the wings and wait and see. He loves children and is so good with them. She has a 9 yr old and 4 yr old and know that if they do end up together, he will be a good step-pappa.

Eva...isn't it funny how that works when you are eating out? I just hope I do not stare with my jaw dropped when watching others eat. We have numerous potlucks during the summer with friends at our resort. Also, when we were down south, there were many cookouts. I really am not judging others for the heaps of food on their plates (well, maybe a little...lol)....I am just amazed to think that I used to pile it on like that also. It used to be around here that ALL restaurants had a huge salad bar and it was the norm to fill a plate and a cup of Soup b/4 a meal. The salad bar was a buffet in itself...kind of like a 5 course meal b/4 the 5 course meal. What's nice is when, we as bandsters, get to the point of feeling comfortable when eating socially and not worrying if others are paying attention to the little amount that we are eating. I let that get to me way too much and then I would not be able to eat what I should have because I was nervous. Now, none of that bothers me. I was brought up in the "full plate club". Pile it on and had to finish every last bite. Warped perception of healthy eating.

Jodi...thinking of you this weekend and your upcoming surgery. Looking forward to walking along with you on this journey. Just hoping the best for you. You set yourself up the right way by coming to LBT for added support. I know it was my main means of support (besides DH). Ppl knew exactly what you were going through and jumps right on to help. I'm still popping in for support, guidance and friendship over 2 yrs later.

Hoping you all have a great day. Awwww typing that word makes me miss Great. I feel as if I have not talked to her forever. I am just happy to have my computer and being able to post when I want. Now, better hit the pile on my desk.

Good morning to all! Sounds like there have been some trials and tribulations here...family...friends..FORMER friends...God did not promise easy, he just promises to be with you.

This is a remarkable group of women. I learn so much from your posts--even every day living.

Show is going well, but there has been some trouble with the sound system. LIVE theatre can be so much fun--(sarcastic). Oh well, it ain't Broadway! The show is again tonight and next weekend.

My next door neighbor died this week. She was 74 and was in rehab (nursing facility) for some spinal surgery she had in January. She had a massive heart attack. I was told her cholesterol was over 400 and she refused to take meds. She was thin, but cholesterol is 75% genetic. Another reason to make sure we eat right.

One of the reasons I got this band and rationalized the money for it (self-pay) was this thought--WHO AM I KIDDING? I have heart disease on both sides of my family. Why NOT me? Now, I am taking control.

(with your support and love.....)

Gotta get ready--I go to the animal shelter on Saturdays. I write thank you notes to people who make $$ donations. Then I play with dogs and cats!

oxox Judy

Judy...in this day and age 74 is considered young. One of the reasons I revamped all of my recipes to low fat is that DH has high cholesterol. Detected a year ago at his annual physical. He is a normal weight for his height. He boo-hooed taking meds at first and says he cannot tell the difference in the low fat dishes and baking that I do. His numbers were 1/2 of what they were a year ago. Being pro-active does make a difference in our overall health.

Your play is sure a long-running one. I am sure it is fun but bet you will be happy when it is over. Good for you for finding things like that to do that you enjoy. Have fun with the fur babies.

Morning................ Apples, we have that thick cover of ice, too.... DH said he couldn't even stand up..... Now my mother just called to say she was going somewhere.......WHAT????!!!!!!!!!! Have you lost your mind??? But there was no stopping her... She has 4-wheel drive....... like that does much good on ice.... But promised to turn back if it was too bad and she's only going a couple miles out of our little town... 5 miles total.... We'll see... A little raise in temp or some sun will make the ice go quickly.... DH did go to the neighbors and made it okay in the pick-up.. I'm staying inside and on my feet... I fear falling....

Apples, I have my paperwork mostly caught up except for the new job I just took on... Got all those books dropped off here yesterday.. I am the new Parish Treasurer for our 2-church parish... Not a big deal to the seasoned accountant that I am, but a very big deal to the old guy who just quit after about 100 years... He is driving me a little crazy worrying if I can do the job..... Anyway, I've got cleaning my kitchen on my mind today.. I want to get my new steamer out and try to use it on my appliances a bit... My stove has these lovely little vests on the door that collect dust and crud and it's so hard to clean... I'm going to try to steam it clean.... Wish me luck!!!!

Laura, sorry about Nels.... give him a hug from all his extra grandmas................. Mommies lap is always a comfort to those little ones... or grandmas in some cases....

I like to watch the food Network... Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is a favorite... But sometimes when I'm watching the portions they put out on some of those meals I just about get nauseous and think, OMG, I could never eat that.... How can they eat all that??? So, Yup, there has been more positive things happening to us than just the scale going down.. A different attitude towards food is emerging... Some go faster and some go slower, but we're all getting it... I was telling you about my guilt over bread and the snacking... But I also realize that I don't overeat..... If I have a real problem that is from my consumption habits, it would be not getting enough Protein and fluids... When I stop and write down what I eat it is rarely over in calories, but sometimes just not the right food.... I know the snacking thing would change if I got in the hard protein I should have.... Those are the changes I need... But............back to watching people.... I find myself doing that, too.... Especially if the person is a bit overweight... It isn't criticism, but concern... I have a couple brothers who eat way too much and too fast... I want so much to tell them to quit..... But I have to keep my mouth shut... They know,just like I did, that they are overdoing it.... But they have to make those decisions themselves...

Well, better get some work done... the wife of DH's friend just called and said she was sending them both back to me as they were being a pain... Maybe we have to send them both someplace else..... Have a great weekend girls.... Don't worry, Apples, Great will be back soon... with lots of pictures and stories... bye now..... Julie

Edited by Mrs. Bubba

Judy, we were posting at the same time.... sorry to hear of your neighbor... Were you close.?? Yes, that cholesterol can get you and you just can't tell by looking who's is high.... I guess she made her choices... God will heal her now....

Hope you get the technicalities worked out on your sound system... The little things can be such a bother...

You sound good.....so hope you are.... What a nice thing to volunteer at the pet place....... Take care... and have fun..... Julie

Julie...you hit the nail on the head in KNOWING what you need to do to turn your menu around (notice I did not say "diet"....didn't want Janet kicking me to the curb...for a little girl, she carries a lot of weight when she speaks). Protein and fluids. Two biggies in helping in weightloss and hunger.

Have fun with your new job. DH and I used to be treasurers for 2 community organizations for years. After about 20, we both decided something had to give and handed it over. Problem is...no one wants to take it on.

Ok...back to work for me.

Apples lol ' for a little girl I carry alot of weight when I speak - you made me chuckle on that one - I really do hate the word diet... Even though the meaning is what we eat - but we all know the bad cogitation that it has - it means being deprived to us - This journey isn't about being deprived it's about being healthy...

Judy - It's great that you volunteer at the animal shelter - but I would want to take them all home - I would assume that it's a no kill shelter - otherwise you couldn't work there - knowing one day you came in and one of your animals were killed.. I couldn't do that..

Julie - After I got back from the gym - I cleaned my kitchen cabinets - I can't remember the last time I did it and under neath the hood - taking a break - then have to go put some pledge on them ;0).. Must be kitchen cleaning day :0)

Great did post 1 pic on FB - haven't ck'd in a couple of days to see if there is a new one...

Well I better get back to it - cbl

Oh guess what Phyl is going to walk 2 miles today in an Alzheimer walk a thon - WTG Phyl !!

Phyll...Woohoo!!!! Way to go!!! Good luck with your walk for a very good cause.

Cleaning cabinets is on my list of things to do early next week. Have white with glass doors so need a good going over every month or so. Love the openess of having the white but would never do it again. A lot of work. Also have them in the main guest bathroom. Takes me all day to do them but I was the dummy that chose them.

Also going to switch a couple of my closets around and get ready for spring. Doing a small "girls" trip at the end of the month and am sure I will need lighter weight clothing. I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too into sandals and thinking I will need to build a room onto the house to store them. LOL. I could never wear thongs (not the butt ones) b/4 and now going nuts with them. I have sparkly ones, beaded, woven, etc., etc. ones. My weekness....well and reg. shoes...and ....

Phyll...Woohoo!!!! Way to go!!! Good luck with your walk for a very good cause.

Cleaning cabinets is on my list of things to do early next week. Have white with glass doors so need a good going over every month or so. Love the openess of having the white but would never do it again. A lot of work. Also have them in the main guest bathroom. Takes me all day to do them but I was the dummy that chose them.

Also going to switch a couple of my closets around and get ready for spring. Doing a small "girls" trip at the end of the month and am sure I will need lighter weight clothing. I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too into sandals and thinking I will need to build a room onto the house to store them. LOL. I could never wear thongs (not the butt ones) b/4 and now going nuts with them. I have sparkly ones, beaded, woven, etc., etc. ones. My weekness....well and reg. shoes...and ....

I am a Birkenstock NUT!!!!

I am a Birkenstock NUT!!!!

Never have had them but I have friends that buy nothing but. Have you seen the new spring sandals? Saw a few of them yesterday when out and about with a friend. They are kind of cute

Never have had them but I have friends that buy nothing but. Have you seen the new spring sandals? Saw a few of them yesterday when out and about with a friend. They are kind of cute

Nope, gotta check them out.

Good afternoon Ladies,

I am doing well.

I decided to start the C25K this week. I was gonna wait till I lost some more weight but I feel if I don't start now I will always have an excuse not to. I need to get more serious about exercising. This will certainly give me a jump start and probably a good nights rest too. I have downloaded some podcast for my mp3 player and copied the workout plan. I am throughly expecting this to be hard but I can do hard things. I plan on doing my C25K on our private road here on Mon and Wed after school and then Fridays.

I may end up doing it at the Y. I went and toured it yesterday. They provide childcare while I would workout. Plus the summer camps and pool. They even offer Zumba which I have heard so much about. I really wanna do it. Just trying to talk hubby into it.

Good afternoon Ladies,

I am doing well.

I decided to start the C25K this week. I was gonna wait till I lost some more weight but I feel if I don't start now I will always have an excuse not to. I need to get more serious about exercising. This will certainly give me a jump start and probably a good nights rest too. I have downloaded some podcast for my mp3 player and copied the workout plan. I am throughly expecting this to be hard but I can do hard things. I plan on doing my C25K on our private road here on Mon and Wed after school and then Fridays.

I may end up doing it at the Y. I went and toured it yesterday. They provide childcare while I would workout. Plus the summer camps and pool. They even offer Zumba which I have heard so much about. I really wanna do it. Just trying to talk hubby into it.

Way to go, Jessica...go for it even if DH does not. You sure have a great "I can do this" attitude. :smile2:

I was banded Nov 30th 2009. New to all of this and have a couple friends that have been asking me questions about what I do & how things are happening for me. I am nervous about this because I was only banded a month before them. I had my 2nd fill Feb 11th 2010 (2cc's 1st fill, then 1cc 2nd fill) & have been very restricted since. Some things I can eat more of and some I get sick on. I have had a significant amount of PBing since my 2nd fill. I honestly think alot of it is me either trying to eat to much OR too fast. My doctor seems to be the type that if I ask questions he refers to the "have you been on lap band.com?"

I didn't ask him that! But yes I have... I have gotten more help here than from him. I feel like everyone is different BUT alot of us are having the same problems, and can help each other.

I just want to do this right and not mess up my stomach or band because I have been PBin.

I was banded Nov 30th 2009. New to all of this and have a couple friends that have been asking me questions about what I do & how things are happening for me. I am nervous about this because I was only banded a month before them. I had my 2nd fill Feb 11th 2010 (2cc's 1st fill, then 1cc 2nd fill) & have been very restricted since. Some things I can eat more of and some I get sick on. I have had a significant amount of PBing since my 2nd fill. I honestly think alot of it is me either trying to eat to much OR too fast. My doctor seems to be the type that if I ask questions he refers to the "have you been on LAP-BAND®.com?"

I didn't ask him that! But yes I have... I have gotten more help here than from him. I feel like everyone is different BUT alot of us are having the same problems, and can help each other.

I just want to do this right and not mess up my stomach or band because I have been PBin.

Lady...welcome. Sounds to me like you already somewhat know the answer to your problem. Eating too fast, not chewing good enough, can cause Pbing. I would suggest that if you are truly worried about your band, contact your doctor. If you feel your symptoms are cause by the above behavior, it's time to take a good look at your eating and chewing habits.

If I were having the type of problems you describe, I would go on liquids for a couple of days to try and tame things down and then ease into a soft diet and be very aware of how you are chewing..taking very small bites...putting your fork down in between bites, etc. But, as I said above, best to check with your doc or his staff to let them know of your symptoms.

Pop back on this thread to let us know how you are doing or if you have any more questions. There's a load of experienced bandsters here just willing to help. Take care and good luck:biggrin: