Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Just trying to liven things up, Arlene. Can you tell I don't have enough to do??????????

OK...about time for Great to come home. Wed, right?

Eva - Irish Cook-off - Interesting - I was looking at cornbeef over the weekend - can't believe how expensive it's gotten - I thought it use to be a cheap piece of meat - I love corn beef and cabbage - but won't be making it - cuz I am the only one who likes it - I am pretty sure Andrew doesn't - plus the last one I got was way too salty...

We love Corned Beef and cabbage, too. Maybe we should get one and have Earl cook it for us while we're shopping Friday. No promises, but I'll ask him.

Oh Phyl, I hear you on the smoking thing. My DH smoked 1-2 packs a day since he was 16. EVERYONE smokes in Syria where he grew up. He quit in 2002 while we were going through infertility. Just in the last year he started smoking cigars. He was having one a weekend and when my Dad was here he started having them every day (b/c Dad was smoking cigars). Then he didn't have any a for a few days. He doesn't sneak. Neither of us are good liars, and tell all. I don't mind the cigars per se. He has it outside by the pool and he cleans up his own ashtray and doesn't leave it there. My concern is that he will start smoking cigarettes again. When he quit it was REALLY REALLY REALLY hard for him. We tried everything and it took several attempts and he was a bear to live with (and the nurses say to work with!) Several times they would BUY him cigs just to see if he would get nicer! Now, keep in mind- he went from being the really mildly mannered guy some of you met to being an ASS. He didn't handle the sudden nicotine loss well. I think any of us that have had addictions- whether it be food, smoking, or other substances (alcohol/drugs)- it is the same personality that allows you to be addicted to something. So usually, we understand each other. That's also why I don't give him a really hard time, just let him know I am concerned. He doesn't ever smoke in front of Nelson.... peasout.. Laura

Yeah, there's nothing I can do about it. I just don't like the sneaking behind my back and lying about it.

Junking up the thread...just-a junking up the thread....that's a song in my head today.....don't want you girls to get sick of me today but need to just stay busy and visit....so I'm junking up the thread!

Anyway...so thankful for the day my son was born (other DS too) and he adds joy to every day of our life....teenage years...not so much...but still a joy to have around. I LUB him (other DS just as much). Just had to share and talk about the good things in life. I LUB you guys too!

Love the cake story!! Great idea! Junking up the thread!! Too funny! We LUB you, too!!

I did the C25K day 1 today. I actually did it. I jogged. It was over before I was expecting it to be. It seemed so quick. Not easy but quick. I found out there is a track at my campus. So I did it there. On Wed and Fri I can do it at home (with more shade and privacy). I was a little self conscience about my butt bouncing around behind me but I forgot about that quickly as I got into the music.

I told my MIL about my C25K. I told her I wanted to do it but wasn't confident about it. She was so supportive and said she knew I could it would just take some work. Hubby gave me a look like HUH? a 5k? Then when I explained the conditioning he was supportive too. I am trying to find a 5k to register for so I have a definitive goal. I found one in Madiera Beach S. FL. But still trying to find one closer to home so my family can be there. When I get to that point it will be a huge deal for me and I want to have people there to cheer me on and Celebrate with me as I cross the finish line. Still trying to talk hubby into a Y membership.

Don was in school to become and electrician and the minute he graduated things went down hill. He lost his job because he became too expensive. So we moved to NC so he could go to a seminary there. We lived in the dorms with a 2 year old and felt cramped so we bought a house. Then came the drought and my illness at the same time. Don lost his job, dropped out of school and we lost our house. Then, we had to move in with his parents. He got a job here but lost it due to lack of work a few months later. I can't wait to be on our own again. It means so much to me. I better get off cause I am tearing up. I am so tired today.

Congrats on the 5K! You're doing GREAT!! So sorry about the challenges you've faced the past few years. But things will be better soon! You are moving in the right direction!

I even have the "Junking up the thread" song set to music in my head all day. I need to go back to therapy

YOU WON!!!

:thumbup::w00t::thumbup::w00t::blush:

Yep, It should be Tues. or Wed. I just ate Mexican food. I know, I am on a "last supper" jag. I did so good.....then, yep, I had to Celebrate. I had a stuffed Avocado. I did not eat the crust....just the beef and avocado......now I am done with Mexican food. Tomorrow I have to go eat with my grandson for "grandparents day". I think I will just watch him eat.

Apples, I bet your son that was born today was your sweetest......lol....I'm just saying....

Congratulations, Apples...................you did it again.... got both of them this time..... I knew you would...... Now on to the next 100 pages...

I've sort of done what Janet suggested about my Lenten sacrifice..... I've switched horses in mid-stream.... Not really giving up anything, but am going to try to stick to the "no bread" thing, but also add a committment to try to do mostly hard Protein with a few veggies... and more liquids... I've done well today.. no snacking yet, either.... Had a slice of pork roast with about 5 cooked carrot gems for supper.... Had 2 eggs with a bit of Miracle whip and some Special K crackers (only 5 cals each) for brunch and a slice of deli turkey breast at about 2:00..... Threw part of that up, but I think I didn't chew it enough... Anyway, that is an improvement for me with hard proteins..... And I've already had almost 3 large glasses of liquid.. Will try to do a couple more while doing TV with DH tonight.... My weight this morning was just as it has been for ages..... So, anyway, I've started something new... We'll see if I can keep it up... I'm a carb kid.... I'd rather have split pea Soup with a couple crackers than hard meat.... Still protein, but doesn't stick as long....

Arlene, you're entitled to your "last supper" thing.. I did it last night with some buttered popcorn..... DH likes extra butter so I had to have some, too.....

Apples, I loved your cake story, too.. I have done something similar as I have a half dozen little angel food pans... always make one for the 1st birthday thing... But one year I made a bunch and did something like you did.... Mimi plays with them now when she is looking in my cupboards.... And yes, we lub you, too..... And by the way this is your therapy now..... We'll bill you later................. LOL.............. I do really love you, my friend.......

Time for some TV time with DH... He hates it when I sit in here on the computer.. I can hear the TV just fine and listen to the shows, but he needs to see my body in the chair next to him I guess.... Talk to you all later..........Hugs and love to all......... Julie

Time for some TV time with DH... He hates it when I sit in here on the computer.. I can hear the TV just fine and listen to the shows, but he needs to see my body in the chair next to him I guess.... Talk to you all later..........Hugs and love to all......... Julie

Get a laptop.. set up a network!! LOL!

Apples, sorry for what you're going through.

Does anyone know how many calories are in Hollandaise sauce? Holy Oleo (and butter)! My husband bought the premade kind instead of the package. But it is what makes the chicken divan taste good. Gotta do an Apples and find a way to get the same taste and texture without the cholesterol. Heart attack on a plate. Slides like silk. Great flavor. Froze a lot of the leftovers or I'll be out of maintenance in a heartbeat. Take it out next time someone comes over.

Birthday party was great. stepGD was a riot. Everyone was there by 2:30 and didn't leave till 8. My husband's personality has done a 180. If my husband quits this job in a huff, I just might have to shoot him. Or feed him chicken divan till he dies a "natural" death. LOL.

Jessica, there comes a time when we quit letting circumstances and other people's mistakes and desires rule our lives. It's amazing what can happen when we start to take care of ourselves and start meeting our own needs rather than expecting others to meet them. Good for you.

Caught up on posts. Can't comment on all but love you all.

Cheri

Apples, sorry for what you're going through.

Does anyone know how many calories are in Hollandaise sauce? Holy Oleo (and butter)! My husband bought the premade kind instead of the package. But it is what makes the chicken divan taste good. Gotta do an Apples and find a way to get the same taste and texture without the cholesterol. Heart attack on a plate. Slides like silk. Great flavor. Froze a lot of the leftovers or I'll be out of maintenance in a heartbeat. Take it out next time someone comes over.

Birthday party was great. stepGD was a riot. Everyone was there by 2:30 and didn't leave till 8. My husband's personality has done a 180. If my husband quits this job in a huff, I just might have to shoot him. Or feed him chicken divan till he dies a "natural" death. LOL.

Jessica, there comes a time when we quit letting circumstances and other people's mistakes and desires rule our lives. It's amazing what can happen when we start to take care of ourselves and start meeting our own needs rather than expecting others to meet them. Good for you.

Caught up on posts. Can't comment on all but love you all.

Cheri

Ask and you shall receive:

Chicken Divan Ala Apples2

In 8x13 baking dish...layer 2, 10 oz bags brocolli spears or can use the same amount of fresh. Add 3 cups cubed or chopped chicken, top with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar.

In a sauce pan: 1 cup skim milk, 1 10 oz low sodium cream Soup (mushroom, chicken or celery). At 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp pepper and 8 oz of 1/3 fat cream cheese. Heat on low, stirring often until well blended. Pour over chicken/brocolli/cheese layers.

Bake covered in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes b/4 serving.

The way I have it figured, there's about 300 calories per serving. 12 servings per pan.:thumbup:

Well back from the gym - got the dogs feed and my Soup warming and kitchen straighten up..

Ok Apples - CONGRATS ON JUNKING UP THE THREAD - :party::w00t::w00t::der::blush::laser::thumbup::huggie::thumbup:

Understand your feelings right now - you have been on my mind with all that you went thru w/family and now this - I know you will get thru it - Hugs gf...

Julie - I don't think you will like the greek yogurt - It's thick like sour cream - I am so so on it - I could see using it in place of sour cream - I put granola in it - again it was vanialla but I like regular vanilla yogurt - but it's sweeter (reg sf yogurt) where as this greek stuff isn't very sweet - but it has alot more Protein - I think dannon lite & fit has 5 or 6 grams of pt - where the greek I had today had 16 grms..

lunch meat make me full even chewing - last week I had Oscar Meyer Deli ham (6 slices 60 calories) divided it up into 3 slices - took 1 piece of 2% cheese and divided that by 3 added mustard and made 3 roll ups - that was my Breakfast last week..

I like my carbs toos - but they make you retain Water and you really do have to limit them to lose the weight - not cut them out all together but just have them like at one meal

We are able to eat sliders easier than hard protein and it's not just about the food we eat but how much - we want to eat more than 1/2 cup or 1 cup of food - we think oh - I have to eat more that was nothing - that's thinking with our old brains - I know I struggle with this most days. But we have to remember why we got the band - to help control our portions - well when we eat around it we are defeating that purpose.

As to where keeping on track - for me it's been not thinking I have been on a diet - Understanding that how I ate pre-banding is why I was fat.. Besides the portions - I ate very high fat and high sugar - I didn't think about what I ate - I just ate what tasted good and living alone (well you know what I me - Andrew doesn't pay attention to my eating) I could eat like I wanted to when I wanted to.. And I move the least possible amount that I could.

Like I have said a million times - I think the light bulb went off in my head - I can't eat like I use to and have the body I have today - I am finally the person who I always imagined myself to be - I love hearing - oh you are tiny..

Exercise - I am very fortunate that I am able to do it and that my body responds to it - I don't hate it like I use to - There are days that I have to force myself to go - but I feel so good about me on those days - hell to be able to leg press 400 lbs at 55 is pretty damn empowering.. Being able to do inner thight machine at 130 - 120 lbs makes me feel good.. I feel strong

Losing the weight was liberating - caterpillar into a butterfly

Like someone said - there's still a fat chick inside of me who wants to take control of my life again - (like a split personality) but I just don't let her - I have my treats but I don't over do it - Like I said I have a 5 lbs limit and when I go over that - it's back to the basics.

You all keep me honest - I am not sitting here preaching and not walking the walk - I am no diff than any of you - if I can do this I know you all can do it. I want everyone to feel as good as I do -

Jessica - You are our baby and I am so proud of you for taking your life back now - you are so lucky that you have this tool available to you - I wonder why I convinced myself I was ok being fat - I wasted so many years..

Charlene - How long will the liquid stage be ;0) Nothing wrong with last meal mentality imho - but it's just that it's not really your last mex meal - you just can't eat like that every day all week long - once the weight gets off - once in a while indulgence in foods that aren't the healthiest are ok -

My band has kept me from over eating - when eating out - I can maybe eat 1/2 taco couple bites of Beans and a few chips and salsa - or 1/2 enchillada - like I said - it's understanding that you can't eat the way you did pre-banding - post banding - cuz for 99% of us - we ate unhealthy pre banding - it wasn't just our portion size it was what we ate for bf - lunch - dinner - Snacks and dessert.. I ate the same way all week long (high fat/high sugar) now it's a treat and it's only one meal - not every meal..

Ok I've preached enough - hell started this 1 hrs ago - it's 8 I need to go eat....

cbl

Jodie hugs & prayers for tomorrow - let us know how it went..

Joyce - what was your 1st meal..

Phyl - sounds good

xoxox

J

]Julie...DH loves to see your body in the chair???? Is that necked TV watching?????????

Now Apples, you know better than that!!!! I told you about this, remember......??? I'm shy!!!!!! Laura is the one who would do that!! She's not shy!!!!!!

Night girls.................... Julie