Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi All,

I've jumped on that train. food for today.

Breakfast, Carnation instant Breakfast, coffee

snack, Tomato juice, sf Jello, hot Water with lemon juice

lunch, Carn instant breakfast

dinner, roast beef Soup I made yesterday. Lots of meat, carrots, celery, onion, pinto and garbazo Beans, portabella mushrooms. Just kind of thru it together.

I take a Protein shot (drink), vitamans, & Biotin at night. Walked on lunch and walked on my treadmill tonight. This train is a rollin, rollin, rollin......

Eva...I keep forgetting to comment on your hummingbirds...I am also very fascinated by them. I have so many flowers and a feeder at the lake. They know me so well that they feed on the plants just inches from me. They are just so interesting. Hey...I thought DH's text was great. Quick witted guy! I know it does not good to say this, but, don't work so hard on that rental house. Appreciated though. love

Meredith...good going on the food plan today. Keep it going. So good to hear you are journaling again. It really does help. Good luck with the icky math test tomorrow. Be calm, don't panic...walk in like you own the place! LOL

Hi All,

I've jumped on that train. food for today.

Breakfast, Carnation instant breakfast, coffee

snack, Tomato juice, sf Jello, hot Water with lemon juice

lunch, Carn instant breakfast

dinner, roast beef Soup I made yesterday. Lots of meat, carrots, celery, onion, pinto and garbazo Beans, portabella mushrooms. Just kind of thru it together.

I take a Protein shot (drink), vitamans, & Biotin at night. Walked on lunch and walked on my treadmill tonight. This train is a rollin, rollin, rollin......

Rawhide, right???? Yum...your soup sounds wonderful Good going, LauraK. Night everyone

Good evening, I am watching Biggest Loser now. They sure aren't showing much of the new trainers but sound like they are doing great iwth the huge losses some on their team have bad. The Olympic wrestler that's on there is big news on the local news here since he is from Utah area. Guess there's another couple from here as well, not sure which one.

Arlene, WW has weigh ins more than one day a week. Why don't you go to one tomorrow? Face the scale and be accountable?? It might make it easier to go next week and not put it off again.

I ended the day today at 1100 calories and 99 grams of Protein. A little higher than yesterday but still good.

Meredith, good job on the Protein today. Good luck on your math test tomorrow.

Apples, I promise I will go next Tuesday. Just ask me every Monday evening. My DD weighs in on Monday evening and I watch the kids. We discuss our plans every day. We usually try to walk together, but the weather has been too crappy to take the kids out. When I went to Dr. Davis I had the right mindset. When his new Nutritionist changed the time without notifying me...... then asked me to leave the class and wait an hour for the next class.... I knew I wasn't going to respect her. When I went to Vegas they separated the class into the liquid diet peeps and those eating food. I had no clue when I showed up the next Wednesday. I didn't discuss it with Dr. Davis. It was my sign to move on. I will get my focus back. Thanks for the support!

**I posted this in another section but someone suggested I post it here. Hope that's okay!**

Hi all...I am planning on having the Lap-Band surgery and am still trying to decide which surgeon I want to go to. I will likely be self pay but all of this information will be useful. I was hoping to hear from people who have had the band in place for a long time, hopefully five or more years.

Have you had any problems with the band or associated side effects?

Have you had to have it readjusted (not including fills)?

How long did it take for your weight loss to taper off and plateau at your goal area?

Have you had any significant regain (15lbs or more) once reaching your goal?

If you have any other thoughts or information for me I would most appreciate it.

Thank you.

Where is everyone today? Or am I going to find out when I go to try and post that the board is down?

I am still very sore today from my workout. DH and I did take the Kinect back last night and exchanged it for a new one that comes in a bundle with a new XBox console unit. DH hooked it to the TV last night and I am working on getting it set up today. The workout program I am following on there says today is a day of rest. So we'll see. I am pretty sore so I might just make it that.

Not much else planned for today, DH is in Phoenix til this evening. DS told me to take the old XBox to Game Stop and they might give me a few bucks for it so might check into that. And I need a pedicure. Not sure why I get them in the winter when I never wear sandals but they feel so good, it's my indulgence. Plus I get ingrown toenails a lot and sicne getting pedicures I get very few.

Arlene, going to go to a WW meeting today??

Bugwitch, good luck on your banding. I've not been banded 5 yrs and don't think anyone on this thread has been banded that long. But several very successful ones.

Great, I am here. I just got back from walking. I am not weighing today. Tuesday is the only day time. I don't do evenings. I am finally getting ready to go get a pedicure. I'll check in later! CHEW! CHEW! The train is pulling out of the station.

Breakfast- Protein drink

lunch-green salad with chicken

snack-jerky

**I posted this in another section but someone suggested I post it here. Hope that's okay!**

Hi all...I am planning on having the Lap-Band surgery and am still trying to decide which surgeon I want to go to. I will likely be self pay but all of this information will be useful. I was hoping to hear from people who have had the band in place for a long time, hopefully five or more years.

Have you had any problems with the band or associated side effects?

Have you had to have it readjusted (not including fills)?

How long did it take for your weight loss to taper off and plateau at your goal area?

Have you had any significant regain (15lbs or more) once reaching your goal?

If you have any other thoughts or information for me I would most appreciate it.

Thank you.

Banded 7/17/07 starting weight 250 - current weight 136-138 - Lost my weight t in 1 yrs - They band your stomach not your head - WLS of any kind is just a tool - no matter which one you go for you have the make the committemnt to change you eating and exercise habits for the rest of your life - No surgery is the quick fix

I have maintained my weight loss for 2.6 yrs - why cuz I don't diet - I eat healthy foods (low fat/sf/limited starches) and I go to they gym 4-5 times a week..

Every surgery has it's issues - Knock wood I haven't had any..

Good Morning Gang..

Drive by post - at work and have tons to do...

Great - Yep if you are sore - rest - just move to help get rid of the acid in your muscles that's makeing them sore -that soreness means you are working out hard WTG

Eva - Yep I was and still am very pooped...

Arlene - I have taken my vitimans all week

Morning....fly by because I'm on my way to "the house".

I finally got on the scale and don't like what I saw and knew it was happening. So that has ended and I'm back on the wagon. I have set a new goal for me, although it's baby steps, at least it's steps in the right direction. Although I've gained weight...10 lbs, this is a first for me. Usually my weight gains are all of what I've lost plus....you all know this cycle. This time it wasn't even 1/4 of what lost. This still isn't good, but I'm not going to beat myself up too bad, just get on Arlene's train and chug away at it. I haven't had to go up a size in my clothing yet.

What I seem to be having trouble with is eating hot food. By the time I can get things chewed everything gets cold. In some ways that is good because then it's unappetizing, but I'm getting really tired of cold eggs. So the last couple of days (since I've been on the train) I've been adding Protein powder to my coffee and then about 10:30 or 11, I've poached an egg in V-8 (for some that may sound disgusting, but I love it). I've actually been able to eat the egg hot and then sip the V-8 warm. This seems to be helping me deal with the cold food issue. This could be because I've been so cold lately. I'm also doing more Soup, but that is also helping with the cold food issue. Last night I had shrimp with leeks and mushrooms. I made a one-pot dish and put the left over brown rice in it. It was very good, but because I really chew the shrimp slowly, I end up eating it cold. I threw out the rest of it.

So this is my confession and it's probably the last you will hear about for a while. New year, new focus.

Eva

ps....I'm very tired still from yesterday's yard work out so I'm empathize with you Lori.

ee

Morning all -- at work so this will be quick. Before I forget, LauraK are you down to 122??? Just wondering when you say you want to lose 18 more and you're goal is set at 104. Good going on getting on the train.

Great, good for you on doing the exercise -- you will get used to it again - it's truly the one thing I dislike about our journey, but as I mentioned previously, I tell myself "you CAN and WIILL spend 1 hour per day for YOU." Taht seems to help -- and I do do something every day unless I take a planned day off. My routine right now is M,W, F I do a one hour Water aerobics which is 45 and sometimes 50 minutes of aerobics and 10 to 15 of stretching. On Tues., Thurs. and Sat. I go to the gym and do at least one hour and many times 70 mins. of cardio (elleptical and stationary bike) and then half an hour of weights. On Sundays I usually do my one hour of step aerobics which is a really hard cardio work out. Just keeping it moving -- I can't do the really hard core stuff like some of them here because of my fm and my rods/screws and arthritis in my back and my bionic hip, but I do keep it moving.

Anyway, Cheri -- yes, I do think about the weight of the excess skin but I wonder why our surgeons don't discount it at all? My surgeon goes by the weight on the scale, doesn't even give us any for the clothes. They do have us take off our shoes though. I have the opposite problem -- when I weighed this weight before I wore much smaller clothes - of course I was a bit taller -- lost almost 3 inches with back surgery and then around 1/2 with my hip replacement. Used to be 5'4-1/2 and now I'm lucky to be 5'1". I know my belly skin is much bigger than last time I lost the 100 lbs. Sigh.

Anyway, Arlene, hope you can stay on the train today. My food yesterday was pretty much identical to day before -- had salad with chicken and sf pudding and popsicle for Snacks. I added a Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge with my dinner as well. Love the garlic/herb one. Yum.

Today so far, Protein drink with powdered pb and some holiday grapes. Looking forward to some low carb salmon patties and green Beans for lunch. Tonight will most likely have salad and chicken again. I use baby greens and add baby spinach to that for my salads. I buy a big tub of each the spring or baby greens and baby spinach at Sam's for very cheap ($3 each package and it lasts at least a week and some times 10 days). I ususally add sweet onion and cherry tomatoes and that's about it. I like plain -- hate uncooked carrots and cabbage in my salads . Yuck. Also dislike most uncooked veggies -- like broccoli,etc. Yuck.

Okay, gotta get going.

Meredith, hope that test went well,

Apples, proud of you for limiting yourself to only 12

Morning all -- at work so this will be quick. Before I forget, LauraK are you down to 122??? Just wondering when you say you want to lose 18 more and you're goal is set at 104. Good going on getting on the train.

Great, good for you on doing the exercise -- you will get used to it again - it's truly the one thing I dislike about our journey, but as I mentioned previously, I tell myself "you CAN and WIILL spend 1 hour per day for YOU." Taht seems to help -- and I do do something every day unless I take a planned day off. My routine right now is M,W, F I do a one hour Water aerobics which is 45 and sometimes 50 minutes of aerobics and 10 to 15 of stretching. On Tues., Thurs. and Sat. I go to the gym and do at least one hour and many times 70 mins. of cardio (elleptical and stationary bike) and then half an hour of weights. On Sundays I usually do my one hour of step aerobics which is a really hard cardio work out. Just keeping it moving -- I can't do the really hard core stuff like some of them here because of my fm and my rods/screws and arthritis in my back and my bionic hip, but I do keep it moving.

Anyway, Cheri -- yes, I do think about the weight of the excess skin but I wonder why our surgeons don't discount it at all? My surgeon goes by the weight on the scale, doesn't even give us any for the clothes. They do have us take off our shoes though. I have the opposite problem -- when I weighed this weight before I wore much smaller clothes - of course I was a bit taller -- lost almost 3 inches with back surgery and then around 1/2 with my hip replacement. Used to be 5'4-1/2 and now I'm lucky to be 5'1". I know my belly skin is much bigger than last time I lost the 100 lbs. Sigh.

Anyway, Arlene, hope you can stay on the train today. My food yesterday was pretty much identical to day before -- had salad with chicken and sf pudding and popsicle for Snacks. I added a Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge with my dinner as well. Love the garlic/herb one. Yum.

Today so far, Protein drink with powdered pb and some holiday grapes. Looking forward to some low carb salmon patties and green Beans for lunch. Tonight will most likely have salad and chicken again. I use baby greens and add baby spinach to that for my salads. I buy a big tub of each the spring or baby greens and baby spinach at Sam's for very cheap ($3 each package and it lasts at least a week and some times 10 days). I ususally add sweet onion and cherry tomatoes and that's about it. I like plain -- hate uncooked carrots and cabbage in my salads . Yuck. Also dislike most uncooked veggies -- like broccoli,etc. Yuck.

Okay, gotta get going.

Apples, proud of you for limiting yourself to only 12 pairs of shoessz

Okay, gotta get going.

Apples, proud of you for limiting yourself to only 12 pairs of shoes. LOLL. I k