Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Phyl - you look beautiful in picture with Zoey and I LOVE YOUR T-SHIRT. Very funny.

Sandy - way to go on training for 10K in May.

Arlene - thank you for telling me how to change color on font & size.

Lori - glad you and daughter enjoyed shopping, sorry about bad weather and wait for deicing on plane.

Jodi - Happy Hanukkah. Enjoy family and friends.

Eva - welcome home. Glad to see you back.

Apples - cold weather there has spread to K.C. Got my coats out of storage on Thursday, just in time for really cold winds. They tried to sell me another, unsuccessfully. Don't need it.

Cheri - you are such a blessing to your students and families. I admire you and you inspire me.

Sending warm hugs to all my friends here. rolleyes.gif

Hey everyone,

Was a little bad last night and had a couple margaritas. So now I am working those off. Other wise I am right on target with eatting. My son had popcorn today and boy did I want some but I didn't have a single piece. I wanna keep lose weight more than I want to snack. I also ran /walked 2 miles today. I have 2 more runs scheduled before my first 5k. I can do the whole 5k. My legs have just been sore today so I cut it short. Don't wanna be sore on my BIG DAY. Which is next saturday. I am so excited.

I was thinking today, If my Doc does come to run with me he will meet my Dad. My Dad is about 350lbs. Maybe they can have a chat. My Dad could really benefit from the lapband. He is being stubborn. I don't know how to show him. I just know I had hit rock bottom and reached the point where I knew I had to admit I need help. My dad is 50 and I am real worried about his heart. I saw a 23 year old in the hospital dying because he was 500 pounds and his heart was failing. It is very much a reality. The way his case was discussed was disgusting to me. People don't understand. My dad told me he was feeling sick a few weeks ago and bought a pack of Cookies called the big sixty. He threw it away once he felt better but after he had chowed down. I told him my doc is trying to show me ways to cope without the big sixty. He took it well but I could tell it was something he hadn't considered. A few years ago he had a knee replacement and they had a difficult time waking him up after surgery. We were all crying and worried when they finally let us in to see him. I never want my family to feel that way because of me. Motivation for me to keep on losing.

I guess now that I am running I am having alot more contemplation time. Sorry it's spilling out here but maybe it will help someone.

Jessica, I know how you feel about your dad. My kids felt that way about my DH and I before we had WLS. My DH was 61 when he had gastric bypass and I was 57 when I had lap-band. I hope you doctor does run with you and gets and opportunity to talk to your dad. I think watching you run may inspire him to consider WLS. You go girl! We are all cheering you on!.

I just got back from Methodist Hospital in Houston. A very close friend of mine had a stroke yesterday. Her kids took her to the ER this morning. Her mind and speech have not been affected, but her left side is numb. She cannot walk. She is 65 and hasn't been to a doctor in years. She was one of my "eating buddies". She has always been heavy. I believe she will have a complete recovery and start living a healthy lifestyle. I am sure this is her Ah-Ha moment.

Joyce, glad you found the "fast reply". It is the easiest for me. Yep, the cold front should be here in a few hours. My body told me so. lol. I am going to be pro-active this time. I am taking a muscle relaxer before I go to bed.

Janet, aren't you home yet!!! Missing ya!!!

Goodnight Y'all!

Jessica, I know how you feel about your dad. My kids felt that way about my DH and I before we had WLS. My DH was 61 when he had gastric bypass and I was 57 when I had lap-band. I hope you doctor does run with you and gets and opportunity to talk to your dad. I think watching you run may inspire him to consider WLS. You go girl! We are all cheering you on!.

I just got back from Methodist Hospital in Houston. A very close friend of mine had a stroke yesterday. Her kids took her to the ER this morning. Her mind and speech have not been affected, but her left side is numb. She cannot walk. She is 65 and hasn't been to a doctor in years. She was one of my "eating buddies". She has always been heavy. I believe she will have a complete recovery and start living a healthy lifestyle. I am sure this is her Ah-Ha moment.

Joyce, glad you found the "fast reply". It is the easiest for me. Yep, the cold front should be here in a few hours. My body told me so. lol. I am going to be pro-active this time. I am taking a muscle relaxer before I go to bed.

Janet, aren't you home yet!!! Missing ya!!!

Goodnight Y'all!

Hey! TOPS walk today and I walked 1 mile!! Woo hoo! Pushed Zoey in her stroller. Let her walk about 1/4 mile and then she wanted back in the stroller. She was SO good! Rest of ted day is kind of a blur. I was pretty tired out after that. Came home and took a long ride in the golf cart with Zoey because DH was doing some maintenance around the RV and I wanted to miss it! Came back and people were starting to gather next door... so I took my glass of wine over there... developed in to a "Flash Mob" party... impromptu! So Earl put chicken thighs on the grill, cooked some baked potatoes and veggies, and took it all next door for dinner! Had a good time.

Hey! TOPS walk today and I walked 1 mile!! Woo hoo! Pushed Zoey in her stroller. Let her walk about 1/4 mile and then she wanted back in the stroller. She was SO good! Rest of ted day is kind of a blur. I was pretty tired out after that. Came home and took a long ride in the golf cart with Zoey because DH was doing some maintenance around the RV and I wanted to miss it! Came back and people were starting to gather next door... so I took my glass of wine over there... developed in to a "Flash Mob" party... impromptu! So Earl put chicken thighs on the grill, cooked some baked potatoes and veggies, and took it all next door for dinner! Had a good time.

Phyll...way to go on the walking the mile! Little Zoey must be a very independent little girl. 1/4 for her little legs is quite a walk. I just think it's so cute that you have a stroller for her. Just like a new momma walking her baby.

And.....you "Flash Mob" party made me miss the lake so much. That's the nice thing about being in a resort. There's always something like that going on. I cannot tell you how many impromtu pot lucks we have had. Ususally starts with someone stopping by to talk, then another, then another....and...before you know it everyone is running home to get their meat to grill and a dish to pass. I am actuallly sitting here bawling like a baby missing by lake friends. I have been feeling like a prisoner lately with all the snow and cold. One month from today we are heading south.

Jessica...you have such a way with explaining things. I completely understand how you feel about your dad. Our adopted family that we spend all our holidays with, are all very overweight. I love them all so much and worry about them. All are diabetic and really don't watch what they eat. When we get together, I always make low fat/low sugar but just throw my hands up because it makes no difference what I make cuz the choices they make in their food outweighs the healthy dishes I made. I have learned that I do not say it's low fat or low sugar cuz they won't eat it if they know. They are truly a gift from God in my life. I do not nag them about their eating habits but we do have discussions about healthier eating. That goes for a day and then no more. A person just has to "get it" themself. But, gentle urging from loved ones could be the thing that helps.

Good morning to all. Just gonna group ya all together this morning. Just waiting for DH to come to Breakfast. Made apple/cinnamon oat muffins with SG lite cream cheese frosting for Breakfast. Heading to church and then to brunch with DH after (he visits a friend while I go to church). Hope everyone has a great day.

I am ready for Janet to be back! Sending the loves to all.

Hi all,

I have been trying to keep up but not sure if I remember it all.

Cheri, hope your rehersal goes good and your kids are coping better.

Apples, hang in there less than a month and you get to escape your winter.

Linda, no I am not heading west my DD is coming home for a week at Christmas. I am very excited to see her.

Phyl, wtg on that mile walk. You go get em at Starbucks.

Kelly, How's your walks this week, I bet your weather is wonderful.

Meredith, I said a prayer for your doggie nephew.

Jessica, your Dad is probably watching and learning from you because your are doing so great.

LauraK

Jessica, good luck on your big day. I know you can do it, because you have worked so hard. A few words of advice, if I may, rest on Friday (no exercise), eat a good dinner and have a small breakfast at least one hour before the race. Also drink a bottle of Water on your way to the race to keep yourself hydrated. Have a bottle of Water and a snack, such as a banana or bagel, after the race too. Don't forget to stretch after the race so you don't get soar. HaHa, who would have thought that running had so many dos and don'ts. Oh yeah, take a camera and have someone take a picture of you after the race. You will treasure it. I just did my first 5K in September and this was the advice my trainer gave me so I thought I would pass it along to you. Oh yeah, start slow and finish strong. Sometimes when you start a race you get caught up in the excitement of all the other runners and you run faster than you can maintain. Try to maintain your normal pace until you see the finish line and then RUN LIKE CRAZY!!!

I hope seeing you in this race inspires your Dad. I know you would like to try to force him into it but only he can make that decision. All I can say is – keep doing what you are doing and hopefully he will see the light bulb go off.

Phyl – You go girl. And Zoey too. I'll bet you both slept soundly after that walk!

Charlene, sorry about your friend. It is so hard to watch someone you care about not take care of themselves. I look at my sister and it breaks my heart. I don't know how much she weighs but it has to be the upper 200 and I worry about her health. She has lupus and bad knees so losing weight would not only help these but would help to prevent the onset of diabetes which runs so strong in our family. All we can so is support them and hope their ah ha moment comes soon.

I am going to go dig my car out of the snow and go to the gym to give swimming a try. I haven't swam in years but I think its like riding a bike – you never forget. My gym is having an indoor triathlon in March and, oh my gosh, I think I will give it a go. You have to ride a bike for 20 minutes, run for 15 minutes and swim for 10 minutes. Your score is based on distance. No, I am not delusional, I know I will finish near the bottom of the pack but I will finish. Finishing after where I have been is so hugh!

Morning Gang! I made it through the night ......the muscle relaxer kept me asleep. Yay! Now, I just have to keep moving to keep the pain down. I am off to church. Please pray for my friend who had a stroke. She lives with her daughter and family. They have been pretty disrespectful to her. I just pray they realize how much she has done for them and return the love. She needs them now ......more than ever. CBL.

Janet......missin my sheriff! The posse needs direction. lol

Arlene...prayers said for your friend. Breaks my heart when families disrespect and do not realize what they have in a person. Hope she fully recovers. Nice to hear you had a good night's sleep. Try to keep that FM at bay. I think of Linda also and wonder how hers is doing with this cold weather.

Sandi...You ROCK! Thinking of doing that triathalon. All of you that are striving for higher and higher goals with exercise are so insirational. Just think a year back. Bet you would call someone crazy if they said you could do it. HIGH FIVE for all of you that set these goals for yourself. Weather it just be walking a bit farther each week, walking a MILE (Phyll), getting to the gym many times a week. Give yourselves a nice pat on the back. Me....I'm just stuck in the house running the stairs and doing the treadmill to work off the stress.

Hey Phyl,

never heard of a "Mob party" but anything with the word party in it sounds fun to me!

Apples....man does it sound cold where you live, I just love the winters here, 30 min from pine trees and snow. I get to look at it and not live in it!

LauraK...The walks have been going really good, yesterday afternoon was the first afternoon I took off in about nine days! Then today I will be back at it morning and afternoon!

Yeah, I had a nsv.....I fit into a pair of wranglers that were toooooo small! And my belly did not hang over when I zipped them up! I just get so excited and happy.....walk a little taller and smile at strangers a little more...well, because I'm feeling good in my wranglers!

Charlene----sending a prayer your way!

Today my sis is coming over and staying for dinner, I'm making meatloaf and a salad.

yum,yum.

Well everyone, take care, drive safe, eat right, and sleep well..(that just about covers it) oh yeah, get up and move!:D

I'm Back !!!! Just sorta scanned post - just wanted to let you all know I'm back safe & sound..

They had a computers at resort - but to busy to sit down and post ;0)..

Had a GREAT TIME - could have used another day.. Got there around 4-5 on Saturday - everyone was starving - and buffet didn't open til 6:30 - they made it - but we had some grouchy pple ;0) not me mostly Andrew the skinniest of us all..

We had rooms next to each other but my room was just a king bed and so we had to switch since Andrew slept w/me - so we were just separated by one room from Joseph

Sunday - Beach day

Monday - Tulum on a cataimarn - poor Melissa & Andrew got sea sick -

Tues Playa Del Carmen Shopping

Wed Scuba diving for me Joseph & Kaitlin (her bday) - Joseph/melissa/andrew/brooke went on wave runners - kaitlin and I were suppose to parasail - but that got cancelled - weather wasnt' great - so we had to reschedule for Firday

Thurs - Cozumel - glad neither Andrew or Melissa got sick on the ferries - but the did take some dramabean - We just shopped here.

Friday - Kaitlin & I went parasailing - it was way cool.. Then back to resort - and had a little beach time..

The best part was the scuba diving - that was way cool - the 2 guys who took us were great - one was a cutie (Jose) and Ralphe the other kid was so nice - he remembered our names when we went back on Friday to get t-shirt - and gave me a kiss on the cheek - he was like 20 something - so nice.. Joseph has the disk of these pic's so have to wait for him to email -

Weather 1st 3 days was great - but then it cooled down - a bit - but it was fantastic time - could have used 1 more day just for beach time - we would do what ever we had planned then by the time we got back - it was time for dinner - then saw a show or walked around normally back to the room by 9 ish for me as I was pooped -as I was normally up 6-7 which was my normal time here (4-5) 2 hr time diff..

Still unpacking washing - will get camera out in a bit and post pics later - sure glad to be home - sure glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow ;0)

cbl xoxoxo J

Yay Janet is back with us.

Janet, sounds wonderful. Just what the Dr. ordered--for all of us, if we could do it. Sunshine. Warmth. Water. Fun. Oh yah!

Sang in both services this morning. Will sing this afternoon in my big choir concert. Gonna be great.

Cheri

Welcome back Janet,

sounds like you had a mmmaaaavvvvuuuulllluuuusss time! Mue bien! :waytogo: