Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey guys~

I just got caught up on the last 3-4 posts. I have felt so behind here for the longest time. I figured there are things from the last 3-4 weeks that I will just have to miss. Just not enough time in the day. I have had a cold/allergies since we were up in NC. That lead to my ears getting blocked- vertigo- then hearing loss in left then right ear. (crackles when I blow my nose). I had to go on steroids and antihistamines after seeing the ENT. sigh. He wanted to go look up in my sinuses with a camera and I refused. (not my first rodeo). He slammed me with SEVERE pain that brought me to tears AND a $600 bill for that last year. I told him he had to give me anesthesia before I would have that done in the office again. He laughed. I was serious. Here's an interesting observation. He has 3 band patients (small town I guess...LOL), and he said all 3 have said when they have congestion in their nose/throat/sinus/chest that they also get really tight. I had to have a small unfill yesterday. I was so tight that broth was causing me reflux. Every time I laid down DH could hear "air" burps from across the room. 2 nights in a row I woke up with GERD symptoms. I am NOT going through that again- so decided to get the emergency unfill. (not sure how good a decision that is now that I am on steroids- which will increase my hunger here in a couple days- but had to be done). I can't hear $hit but am feeling better already. I was really upset with my GP- they couldn't get me in this week, said they were booked. (even with his PA and NP). You know, it's pretty bad when you work IN HEALTH CARE and you get the run around. I have such sympathy for my patients these days. A patient shouldn't have to wait a week to see someone when they are sick. <stepping off my soap box>

Cheri~ OMG. <hug> I am so sorry to hear about that tragic accident. Just so sad. Really there are no words. Things like that just make me question the world we live in. We had that young girl in out town that was 9 killed in a car accident 2 months ago and I was filled with grief and barely knew her. I can't imagine a child who you had known all these years. I hope your faith and your work helps heal your heart. Thinking of you.

Great~ I think it's great that you are going shopping with DD. Trust me, once the baby comes- her world will be upside down and she won't think about things like that. It's like when we were in France and took a "day" trip to London. Everyone thought we were nuts- but I thought when do you get a chance to do something like that again. If you hit 3 stores, have lunch and a hug- it was a WINNER day. I loved your status update on FB- had me LOL today. I read it to the bus stop moms and they laughed. There's been a lot of us not sleeping lately. Hearing of your snow has me jealous a bit. yes. I want Nelson to see snow. Mom had some in her freezer for Nelson (had turned to a ball of ice). He's never seen snow falling. A side effect of living in FL.

Jewel~ I think you can reach your goal. WTG on the plan and the 5 lbs!!! I think that's great that your dr said he would run the race if you did! How is your son doing in school? How are classes for you? When are exams?

Meredith~ Love your positive attitude! ALMOST contagious : ) How are you feeling? Actually thinking of you motivated me to get my unfill. I don't want to abuse my tool. Scares me when I am tight.

Phyl~ Hope you feel better soon. You will have to send us a photo after you pimp your golf cart! We (Santa) is getting Nelson a 24v ATV. We hemmed and hawed about gas and it just scared me for his age. (although you can have a kill switch). He's 75 lbs (and the height of most 3rd graders), and his little 12v gator barely carries him in the grass. Our next thought was a golf cart actually! But we just weren't too sure if he could reach the pedal that good. We paid a little less that your cart though! I was also shocked to hear how many batteries golf carts need! Does your hold 5? Loved your jewelry. Wish I had the patience for that.

Tx~ congrats on your fill. It's much better to go slow and sure. I can imagine it being tough to lie down with your shoulder. The fills get easier and easier as you lose weight. I hope one day my port sticks out!

Apples~ How are you friend? Please stay safe on the roads! You have to take photos of your next snow fall. It's the closest I get to seeing real snow. : ) I need to send you a PM. Thanks for your warm thoughts about my Dad.

My Dad starts radiation tomorrow. Yesterday was the consult with the radiation oncologist. To update (new ppl and those who missed my post), my Dad was diagnosed with stage 4 ureter cancer last year. By the time it was found (after 3 major medical centers missed it) it had spread to his lungs, liver, nodes and spine. It was inoperable and incurable. He had 6 rounds of chemo which put it in a dormant like state. But now a year later it showed up on his 3rd follow up PET scan in the spine (T3) and some pea size tumors in lung and abdomen. He and my mom are really bummed. They were planning on a 2 week cruise this Christmas. (their 50th anniversary party got canceled last year after his diagnosis) They will be married 51 years on December 14. Cancer sucks. I am feeling so helpless. There are no words to say and nothing to do. I find myself sending him a text message daily with a photo of Nelson smiling. Figure maybe that might help. I am worried about my mom. They say God doesn't give you more than you can handle- but I am worrying that she is running on fumes. Not sure even she knows what will recharge her battery at this point.

I miss Janet. When does she get back? I can't wait to see photos of her trip!

ok. time to make some dinner and fold some laundry. If my life gets any more exciting- I might just burst! <said with a hint of sarcasm>

p.s. my neighbor's daughter just gave Nelson a "pickle" for the tree. Anyone else ever heard of this? HIDE THE pickle?

peasout...Laura

Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish friends. : )

call me nieve, but I don't get the pickle thing, what is this pickle thing?

:welldone: :biggrin: :coffee: :party: :sifone: Apples- I see we were posting at the same time! woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo on the teeth being done! Post us a pic!!! PLEASE! Funny I was just listening to that song "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"! LOL. Nelson's two front teeth are loose. He's such a chicken and won't wiggle them. I should tell him you changed ALL yours! So proud of you for sticking it out! WTG on that sweater! Karma. You deserve it.

I agree with Peasecorps, come on Apples, we want to see your new teeth........do they resist stains? Wow I want some!:D

Apples, I wanna see a pic too. How bout you put on that red sweater and smile big! Will you think of me when you wear that sweater? LOL

Apples~ (chanting) Teeth! Teeth! Teeth! Teeth! We wanna see those pearly whites!!!!! I'm so glad I'm back posting again. It feels like home. Thank you!

Lori~ So excited for you to go with just your DD. It will be a fun time for the two of you before the baby gets here. I'm excited for you to make a mess in the kitchen when she gets here! Some of my best memories are spending time with my grandma in the kitchen making biscuits and sugar Cookies. I am lucky that I still have my 91 year old grammy (have the 90 yo too!), but also lucky that my mom made my sister and I a recipe book of all of both of our grandmas best dishes, meals, and Desserts. I have taken over the duty of making the christmas Cookies now. This will be my 3rd year doing it. It's amazing how you don't eat as many of them when you are making them yourself!

Laura~ Girl, you better not let that bad boy get too tight!!!! Glad I shared my story when I did! Did you see my post back to you a few pages back? I described how they diagnosed and blah blah blah. I was just curious what you thought of it and what you would do? Also, we have the pickle on our tree tooo!!!!! Have done it for years, and my dad did it when he was young too.

Phyll~ I LOVE your cart!!!! What a great surprise from DH! He certainly has redeemed himself from last week when you weren't very happy with him! ;)

Cheri~ Still thinking about you guys and praying.

Kelly and Jewel~ WTG on the weight loss!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Off to my LB support group meeting! CBL ~Meredith

Kelly...my teeth are all glazed porcelain and will not EVER stain. I will get DH to take a photo when he wakes. He has a nasty cold. He was resisting sleep and outside working. I did the "little white lie" thing. When he came in at 3pm for coffee and homemade pie, I told him I was giving him liquid daytime Tylenol. I made it the nighttime so he could settle in for the day and get a nap b/4 dinner. Drugged my own hubby. Yep, I did.

Kelly...my teeth are all glazed porcelain and will not EVER stain. I will get DH to take a photo when he wakes. He has a nasty cold. He was resisting sleep and outside working. I did the "little white lie" thing. When he came in at 3pm for coffee and homemade pie, I told him I was giving him liquid daytime Tylenol. I made it the nighttime so he could settle in for the day and get a nap b/4 dinner. Drugged my own hubby. Yep, I did.

Wow Apples, that is amazing....I intend to do that also sometime down the road!

I LOVE IT! You slipped your own hubby a micky! :D:lol:

So what is the meaning of a pickle in the Christmas tree? Sounds interesting!

Apples, your DH sounds like mine. Won't slow down for nothin'. He has to be really really sick to stop. I'll have to remember the Nyquill trick. LOL

Well it's official, I am going to Denver in the morning, then MSP the next. HOpe we don't run into a snow storm or anything. Should be fun. And I just emailed Grandma and told her I'd be in town tomorrow and asked if she'd go to lunch with me. I doubt it but asked anyway and will stop in and say hi, if nothing else.

Apples, your DH sounds like mine. Won't slow down for nothin'. He has to be really really sick to stop. I'll have to remember the Nyquill trick. LOL

Well it's official, I am going to Denver in the morning, then MSP the next. HOpe we don't run into a snow storm or anything. Should be fun. And I just emailed Grandma and told her I'd be in town tomorrow and asked if she'd go to lunch with me. I doubt it but asked anyway and will stop in and say hi, if nothing else.

Great...just looked at our MPLS newspaper. High of 24...low of 8. Cloudy day with chance of snow late. You shouldn't run into any troubles. You realize that there are MOA shuttles. Just go onto their website for when they run. I think it is every 1/2 hour.

It was 5 degrees when I left this morning but by afternoon it was 15 with the sun shining so it felt fairly warm. You most likely won't be outdoors at all except to catch shuttles and they are pick up and drop off just outside the doors in a parking garage.

Thanks for the info Apples. DD is planning it all out, but I did go to the mall's website to see if they have lockers. Wasn't sure what to do about my carryon bag since airports don't have lockers anymore since 9/11 but it says the mall does. So hopefully I can stash my bag and maybe coat there.

Your teeth look wonderful.

Why is it that when you click on an attached photo, it is soooooooooooo big. You can see nose hairs. But, I will have to say that I like the way my eyebrows lay that day. Darn that's a big me face

Thanks for the info Apples. DD is planning it all out, but I did go to the mall's website to see if they have lockers. Wasn't sure what to do about my carryon bag since airports don't have lockers anymore since 9/11 but it says the mall does. So hopefully I can stash my bag and maybe coat there.

Your teeth look wonderful.

There are lockers back by security...look on their map. They are by one of the entrances but not the one you will come in. Get a big locker for shopping. Have DD bring an empty carry on so you can fill it!

The Christmas pickle is not really a pickle at all. It is a pickle-shaped ornament that is the last one hung on the tree on Christmas Eve. The first child to find the Christmas pickle gets an extra gift from Saint Nicholas. Or so the so-called legend goes.

http://mymerrychristmas.com/2005/pickle.shtml

I had never heard of it before my neighbor's girl asked Nelson where he found the pickle yesterday. Today she showed up at the bus stop with a pickle ornament that sings! Nelson has been playing with it ALL afternoon!

xoxo PEAS

Apples~ OMW............. beautiful teeth! Thanks for the sneak peek! woohoo!