Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Continuing to benefit from all that was shared in LV. Made new grocery list today and a master list of changes that I will incorporate into my life.

Had lunch with fellow bander at a Japanese restaurant and actually tried sushi. (I know Jodi - I failed to try it in LV). Will use that as my Protein -- THEN I DON'T HAVE TO COOK. Yippee

Adapt, adapt........

Will use popcorn as snack in the evening (if needed) and find Bolt Salad Dressing. Karen suggested hard boiled eggs as an ever present snack.

Watch amount of sugar in foods.

Journal again and educate myself on calorie, carbs, etc in foods that work for me.

Buy prepared chicken in deli dept and eat with salad for lunch..

Hope some of these hints will help others who were unable to attend - or refresh ideas for those who need to punch up their weight loss.

Thank you to everyone for tips.

JOyce

Joyce...you are on the ball! I have something else to add to your list. Share, share, share. Start posting and sharing what you are eating on a daily basis. The rest of us can take a look at it and revamp or give advice if needed. Keep in mind that new ideas and advice are what we are all here for. So good to see you taking charge to make this change. Congrats!:thumbup:

I am back from nutrition class. Surprise, surprise......my class was moved to 1pm instead of noon so I can't go. I have to pick up my DGD from Mommy's day out at 2p and that is 30 miles away from class. Another door closed, but the gym is my new open door to success. If I see I am gaining I will join WW and go get a fill. Right now I think your support and the gym will keep me on track. I was going to take my ticker down, but that is my accountability to you.

Now I need to do some chores. I will check in after the trainer session.

Darn on losing your nutrition class, Arlene. Read previous post to Joyce. Share with all of us what you are eating. Maybe we can help you out. Good going on having a positive attitude about replacing with exercise.

Julie, I don't leave for Maine until Friday, tomorrow is packing day. I am not sure if you were on this thread then or not, but the fall of 2008 I had a goal of getting to Vermont as well. Actually my goal is to get to all 50 states and I had 5 left to go at that time (now 3) and Vermont was one of them so DH and I flew up for a weekend. We had a poster here, Kathy, at the time that lived in Vermont but just my luck when I went there, she was somewhere else, she travelled all the time for her job. But it is beautiful country and hopefully will be peak time for the leaves. Right now the report says it is moderate so by the weekend, possibly.

Just got home from dropping about $1000 bucks at costco. GRRR won't DH be happy about that? Actually he won't be surprised, I ordered tires for my vehicle and then had brought in all my old super 8 movies to be transferred to DVD and they came in and that was $150. I can't wait to watch them but gotta wait for DH to be here as I will probably cry like a baby. LOL

More work is done, but I also had a nap..... and I'm still hurting pretty bad...... It hasn't let up much all day.... It's just barely tolerable now.... I did take some Tylenol now, so hope I can make it till evening to take the Hydrocodone.... Leftovers will work for supper I think, so I'm about done for the day.... maybe fold a couple more loads of clothes.....

Joyce and Arlene, you both seem to be re-committed to your plans... That's wonderful..... I just plain didn't feel like eating at all yesterday, but today was better... But I still gravitate to the carbs.... I must get back to my proteins....

Lori, tires always make a big dent in the wallet.... As for the DVD's..... that's money well spent.... My mother did that with all her old super 8's and then gave me and my brothers copies of the discs... It was a great gift..... I'm sure you will cry..... but that's what memories are about sometimes...

Sandy, good luck finding a yoga class...... How's the skunk situation?? I hope it's all behind you by this time...

Well, I'm ready to get away from my computer for awhile.... talk to you later......... Julie

Worked out with my trainer today after work. I am good and tired tonight.

16_3_159.gif

Julie, Caught another skunk this morning. I am starting to believe it will never end.

I had my Charlie, my dog to the vet last night. He has a lump on his paw. The vet put him on antibiotics and took a needle biopsy. He just called me and said there were some cells present that were not consistent with infection. They could be a hematoma or possibly cancer. He wanted to get permission to send it out to a pathologist for interpretation. Hopefully, it won't take more than a day or two.

Joyce, it really sounds like you have recommitted yourself. Good for you!

I haven't found any yoga classes but I haven't looked too hard. My trainer is keeping me busy. Heck, she even gives me home work.

Sandy

Edited by sndycnrd

Okay gang......back from my punishment with the trainer. I told him my core was weak...and my arms. OMG, I don't think I will be able to move tomorrow. I did mostly exercises with weights and a few machines. He is a retired Marine......need I say more! Kicked butt and took names.....mine!

My DN that had the baby I am holding in my profile pic went to the emergency room with kidney stones. She is in the hospital and on morphine. I guess her breast feeding will be on hold till she is better. My DS said when she got to her house she was rolling on the floor in pain. She said it was worse than having labor. My DS suffers with stones too and so Apples.......you know what she is going through.

MY mother will be 87 tomorrow. We had planned to take her out, but now she has a bladder infection. So I guess we will do her birthday on Friday.

Apples.....I know the nutrition class was a real let down today. Okay, starting tomorrow I will report my food. You know me too well. lol

Lori......Safe travels.......enjoy Maine!

Joyce......sounds like you have got it in gear......good for you!

Syndy......My dog is a Charlie too. Sorry you baby is sick.

Julie.......how is the wedding food going? Do you have all the bars done. We are doing your Pecan Pie Bars for the fair if I can find the brickle. Walmart and Koger have started selling Heath toffee bits with chocolate. I have to hit a couple of different grocery stores tomorrow.

It is time for an Ibuprofen.....just one.....or I won't be able to move in the morning. lol

So, I'm having a hard time catching up on all the posts. Someone said something about Dassi's pics and someone else's and I can't find them. Apple's cryptic messages.

Thanks for all the encouragement about Mikey. Couldn't sleep last night. Not about Mikey. Just think I went back into hypervigilant mode after letting go over the weekend. Hope to sleep tonight.

Simplified my work schedule somewhat. It's always a balancing act. If my groups become too big I lose the advantage of small group instruction. Some kids need one on one and can't give it to them.

Next week got all day conferences on Dyslexia on Thurs and Fri. The following week I go to a Christian teachers convention on Thurs. and Fri. Stay in a hotel in South Bend In.

Gonna go to bed, see if I can relax and sleep.

Cheri

So, I'm having a hard time catching up on all the posts. Someone said something about Dassi's pics and someone else's and I can't find them. Apple's cryptic messages.

Thanks for all the encouragement about Mikey. Couldn't sleep last night. Not about Mikey. Just think I went back into hypervigilant mode after letting go over the weekend. Hope to sleep tonight.

Simplified my work schedule somewhat. It's always a balancing act. If my groups become too big I lose the advantage of small group instruction. Some kids need one on one and can't give it to them.

Next week got all day conferences on Dyslexia on Thurs and Fri. The following week I go to a Christian teachers convention on Thurs. and Fri. Stay in a hotel in South Bend In.

Gonna go to bed, see if I can relax and sleep.

Cheri

Sweet dreams, Cheri!

Arlene, check the ice cream isle section for the brickle/tofee bits. some times I find them there.

Hope you sleep well Cheri, take care of yourself.

No yoga tonight so I walked 4 miles with my sister.

Laura K

I'd still like that pecan bar recipe if anyone is willing to share.

Pecan Pie Bars

2 cups unsifted flour

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

1 cup cold margarine or butter

1(14oz) can EAGLE Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 bag (6oz) Heath toffee chips...not the ones with chocolate

1 chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 (325 for glass). In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar: cut in margarine until crumbly. Press firmly on bottom of f13x9 in baking pan> Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in chips and pecans. Spread evenly over crust. Bake 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator. makes 36

Sorry Janet for putting a sweet treat recipe on thread.....just wanted to share Julie's best bar recipe.:thumbup:

Cheri - hope you get good rest tonight.

Arlene - that trainer sounds like just what I need. No worry about me taking that recipe. Could not even find the pan to cook it in.

Fly by...

Lori, I only spent $600 at Sam's last week... i don't feel so bad now. : ) Have fun on your trip. It should be BEAUTIFUL! I have family up that way. Best time of year to go.

Julie~ Hope the pain eases up!

Arlene LauraK and Sandy~ WTG! You are my heroes this week!

T minus one day until DH leaves on trip. Snifffffffffffff. <pout> <teary eyed> I think Janet and a few others know how much I hate goodbyes. I bawled saying by to my LBT girls... just imagine tomorrow! OMG. This will be the 2nd longest time in whole marriage that we are apart. First longest was going to Turkey to adopt Nelson- 6 weeks. But had my boy to keep me busy! Hey, I still have my boy to keep me busy, now that I think about it!

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.” - winnie the pooh

Fly by...

Lori, I only spent $600 at Sam's last week... i don't feel so bad now. : ) Have fun on your trip. It should be BEAUTIFUL! I have family up that way. Best time of year to go.

Julie~ Hope the pain eases up!

Arlene LauraK and Sandy~ WTG! You are my heroes this week!

T minus one day until DH leaves on trip. Snifffffffffffff. <pout> <teary eyed> I think Janet and a few others know how much I hate goodbyes. I bawled saying by to my LBT girls... just imagine tomorrow! OMG. This will be the 2nd longest time in whole marriage that we are apart. First longest was going to Turkey to adopt Nelson- 6 weeks. But had my boy to keep me busy! Hey, I still have my boy to keep me busy, now that I think about it!

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.” - winnie the pooh

That Pooh Bear sure is one smart little guy! Sorry this separation with DH is upsetting you, Laura. Plan something special every day for you and DS to look forward to. Take him for a bike ride or walk. Plan one mile at first and then build on there. He might get a kick out of it. Let him cook a meal for you (supervised at his age), plan a sleepover with some of his friends, let him plan a party with dad's favorite foods for when he gets back, etc. And for mom....go to the gym any chance you get....it will make you feel extra good about filling up that time.

Morning Gang...Another beautiful day here. Indian Summer. Just catching up around the house. Not much else. Have one guy working 15 miles north and one 11 miles south. I can always expect at least one trip either way throughout the day.

Great...have a good trip. Lucky Girl! Now, aren't you happy you did the lapband???? Think of what travel would be like if you had not.

No dental appt this week. Seems strange not to be in that chair. Next week Wed and then maybe 4-5 appts remaining. It's been so worth it. I am forever catching myself with my closed-mouth smile. I am working on it. I think I have had a tougher time adjusting to my new smile than I had to adjusting to my new post-weightloss body. Weird.

Gotta go pretend that I am happy about doing housework. Later

Edited by Apples2

Hi everyone, just a fly by. I'm keeping up with reading but no time to post. But enjoy reading everyone's updates. Everything is fine, just super busy right now. I'm so mad cause my computer is messed up some how and I can't get my pics to download. Will try to do them at work today and post them on FB so I can copy them from there. Missing all of you -- a week ago I was leaving - hard to believe it's been a week already.

Lori, enjoy your trip to Maine, I'm sure it wil be lovely (hope the rain is gone by the time you get there).

arlene, wtg with the trainer -- wow -- sounds great. Sorry about your nutrition class -- why are they moving it? Maybe they'll move it back if you can't attend.

Gotta run and go to work. Will CBL. Love and hugs to all of you.

Linda