Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey Ladies and I see we have a gent now too. I am just checking in.So my doc really got onto me friday about beating myself up. Also told me to enjoy my new shape. So wed I decided to dress up and wear heels to school. Boy did I get alot of attention in those heels. Everyone said how great I looked and some of the other ladies started cat calling me. Even a man in the local hobby store commented. It felt great.

My grades are really good. I have 3 exams on monday and tuesday. Next week I will actually be in the hospital.

We went to disney last weekend and had a great time. That place just amazes me. We had dinner at a resturaunt called T-Rex. It was full of animatronic dinosaurs and was decorated to make you feel like you were in a forest. Every 15 min was a meteor shower. I was able to ride on the childrens rides with my son and didn't need to stop for a rest at all. I can't believe I sat in a childs ride and was able to buckle in. Sometimes we even sat 3 to a seat no problem. I can run for a full 3 minutes now no problem. I wore my bikini in the hotel pool.

The other day at school the elevator broke and I hauled all my books up to the third floor. Everyone was moaning and groaning and I was just happy that I could do it.

Congrats on the 3 minute run! That's awesome.

I know what you mean about just being happy to be able to climb the stairs. My boss put in for "reserved parking for he and I. All I could think, as he was proundly telling me this, was "WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING?" I go to the gym and pay a trainer to get me to exercise and this will take my walking away.:biggrin: I smiled and said thank you. When I get it I will give it to my secretary. Hopefully, it will make her day.:thumbup: It amazes me how much I have changed. A year ago I would have been greatful for the up close space. Today, I am grateful I can walk far enough to not need it.

Hey Ladies and I see we have a gent now too. I am just checking in.So my doc really got onto me friday about beating myself up. Also told me to enjoy my new shape. So wed I decided to dress up and wear heels to school. Boy did I get alot of attention in those heels. Everyone said how great I looked and some of the other ladies started cat calling me. Even a man in the local hobby store commented. It felt great.

My grades are really good. I have 3 exams on monday and tuesday. Next week I will actually be in the hospital.

We went to disney last weekend and had a great time. That place just amazes me. We had dinner at a resturaunt called T-Rex. It was full of animatronic dinosaurs and was decorated to make you feel like you were in a forest. Every 15 min was a meteor shower. I was able to ride on the childrens rides with my son and didn't need to stop for a rest at all. I can't believe I sat in a childs ride and was able to buckle in. Sometimes we even sat 3 to a seat no problem. I can run for a full 3 minutes now no problem. I wore my bikini in the hotel pool.

The other day at school the elevator broke and I hauled all my books up to the third floor. Everyone was moaning and groaning and I was just happy that I could do it.

Jessica...congrats on your numerous NSV's. Love hearing the confidence in your posts! Photos please!!!:biggrin:

Julie...it got up to 86 here today. I dressed too warm and was about to die by this afternoon. Came home and put shorts on. Still 84.

Congrats on the 3 minute run! That's awesome.

I know what you mean about just being happy to be able to climb the stairs. My boss put in for "reserved parking for he and I. All I could think, as he was proundly telling me this, was "WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING?" I go to the gym and pay a trainer to get me to exercise and this will take my walking away.:biggrin: I smiled and said thank you. When I get it I will give it to my secretary. Hopefully, it will make her day.:thumbup: It amazes me how much I have changed. A year ago I would have been greatful for the up close space. Today, I am grateful I can walk far enough to not need it.

Sandy...tell your boss you will trade the reserved parking for an annual gym membership...it's worth a try

Went to Walmart today on my way back from dropping off motor. I had a coupon for the Campbell's V-8 Soup. I picked up 1/2 dozen boxes to try them. (They come in a pourable box and on the shelf by the other Campbell soups). Only 2-3 grams of Protein but would come in handy on a hungry day as a snack.< /span>

I got the Butternut squash and the Garden broccoli. 90cals per serving (1cup) and 2 servings per container. There were other flavors that ranged 120-140 cals per cup. I picked up these cuz they are flavors I thought both DH and I would enjoy. There are lots of evenings when we eat supper early that I heat up soup at hand for myself and DH.

Also, if any of you like black grapes, (sometimes called holiday grapes) they are in stock now and only last a short time. They are very low in calories and would make a nice snack. Make sure they are not the softer dark purple ones (those are loaded with sugar).

My tips for the day! I get the gold star for today.

Cheri, your loss is great and your grief is part of the process... You should be so proud that you gave this child the best part of yourself.... your care and concern...... It's a tragedy that he is gone and although he can't be replaced, there are so many waiting to get what you have to offer.... they are lucky children and you are blessed by God.... take care.... Sing, sing, sing, your heartache away if you can.....

Arlene, glad you were able to get out and stretch those sore muscles.... keep up the good work....

Laura K, what's up in your life these days....

Jodi, you did a great job of handling things with the Snacks and such.... Sometimes us mothers need to know if we overstepped.... It's easy to want to give your grandchildren whatever they ask for..... Your mother will understand...... I try very hard to follow my DD's "orders" about things, but I do tell her if I disagree with her thinking..... Now my mother had a hard time hearing those things.... still does...... but she is very bullheaded.......but I love her anyway.....

Sandy, so glad your dog's reports came out good... pets are special family members..... and on this site there are many special ones.....

Joyce, it was very nice here today, too.... I didn't walk but did spend time outside with Mimi......

I had my therapy session... Insurance approved the tens unit, so the therapist showed me how to do it and I took it home... Won't go back to see him unless this doesn't work and we have to regroup again... I am to wear it for three hours twice a day.... so I did the three hours from when he put it on me and then this evening at 8:00 had DH put it on for me so it's still on... I'm keeping it on mild right now.... so far no horrible pain like last night... Tomorrow I go to see my gal who does acupunture and accupressure and etc... I think my neck might be a bit out as I've had a headache most of the day... I don't get them with my usual pain..... So, I'm still hoping for some help before the wedding... That's about as far as I can see right now... DH wanted to talk about Christmas presents for the girls and I told him I just couldn't do it now... Gotta get through this wedding and then I can think about other things...

So, tomorrow I will start ordering food..... Will be getting all the Buns at Sam's..... they have a certain kind that are just wonderful and they package them so well when you have to move them so much.... Will order the meat next week and can freeze it for a few days... Just have to cut it.....DD and I sat and figured out what little details are still undone and hopefully we have a handle on everything... In the past I've been very good at organizing and catering for large crowds... but I admit that the pain and these drugs have to a little off my game... I hope I don't forget something and screw things up for my daughter...... We have a lovely old apple tree in our back yard and it has the best apples... this year is a great crop.... Decided tonight to add fresh apple slices and carmel fruit dip to the menu.... should be a nice addition without much cost....

Well, sorry for talking your ears off, so to speak...... Just felt like sharing..... Love to you all..... gonna go have my evening popsicle and try to get to bed early tonight... Sweet dreams dear friends... Julie

Yes, Cheri.... AMEN to Julie's comments. Julie... your comments are always so insightful and thoughtful!! I would just add that my strategy in getting through difficult things is very similar... to praise and thank God for however He is going to use these difficult circumstances for HIS good!! Hard things happen because we live in an imperfect world... but God can use these things to further HIS kingdom. It's difficult to comprehend why these awful things happen... all we can do is pray that some good will come from it. Somehow, some way!! HUGS, Cheri! You know we all care and are so sorry for the loss of this very special boy!

Arlene.... good work on the exercise!! You know what hey say... "No Pain, No Gain!!"

Julie... I am so glad you got that TENS unit! I am sure it will bring you some relief and hopefully help you avoid some of those pain killers! They used it at PT on my back this summer, after the accident, and I really think it helped. Does yours have heat/ice options?? Can't remember how they did that, and couldn't really see, but they did incorporate ice when they used it on me, and I remember him giving me the option of hot or cold and I opted for the cold even though I HATE being cold, because I know there was some swelling and ice is more effective for relieving swelling.

Sounds like you have a handle on all the wedding preparations! You are very talented in that area!! Do you want to cater our 50th high school reunion??? LOL!! Here I am 3000 miles away and I seem to be the only one interested in getting arrangements made!!! Trying to light a fire under the "locals" is so far not too effective!!

Yes, Jodi.... you handled your Mom very well!! Have to make her understand that you expect her to follow your rules when you're not there!

Love you, Julie!! You're doing a great job pushing through the pain. I think the TENS is going to make a difference!!

Hey apples!! I am doing good. Just waiting on the 13th to get here so i can start my preop diet. I watched videos on both of my surgeries this weekend. That seemed to ease the nerves a bit. I am more concerned about the shoulder work than the band. I am having the AC joint cleaned up. Thats mainly from throwing 100,000 to 200,000lbs of product a week at work. They are going to remove about 3/16in of my collar bone. FUN?? Thanks so much for the support so far. I may be leaning on yall between now and the 27. Chris

OUCH!! I was going to say.... no problem... cleaning up the AC joint until I read the part about removing part of your collar bone!!! You are correct in being more concerned about that pain than the band!! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!! We're here for you!

Chris - You may want to pick up an inverter to keep in your truck. A magic bullet blender would also help. With these two items you can get through the soft and mushie stages (while trucking) with no problems.

I have an inverter to use for my CPAP. Where we go fishing there is electricity only during the day. What I do is charge a marine battery during the day and then draw off of it with the inverter at night. The inverter also has a cigarette plug which would be useful to you while trucking.

Great suggestions, Sandy!! I used my Magic Bullet all the time in the early stages, and we still use it a lot. My DH uses it to grind coffee all the time, for instance. So it's not a purchase you'll make and then only use for the initial post-op period.

We have in inverter in the RV that we use for the laptop and other things when we're on the road. It would be very useful.

Why wait for the 13th for the pre-op diet? Nothing like the present. I started mine early because I was motivated, anxious to get things started, and wanted to decrease the chance of having too much fat around the liver/stomach which can make the surgery difficult (thus part of the reason for the preop diet). Just an idea. Need to have your last hoorays though. I had a seafood buffet (all you can eat crab legs, etc.) and pizza. Glad I did those too. Wishing you lots of luck! Welcome to the thread.

Peasout... Laura

I was thinking the same thing, Laura. I started my pre-op diet the first part of May and my surgery was July 20th. But the surgeon wanted me to get my BMI below 60 before he would do it.. so I had that hanging over my head. And I was concerned about the liver after that was explained to me.

ok guys........ DH leaves at 2pm today and had a crappy night of call (up ALLLLLL night!) At least maybe he will sleep on the flight. Snifffffffff... pout. Need to get focused. Change of plans. Taking Nelson with us to airport- will be tough on everyone but better to deal with the emotions than avoid them. peasout... laura

You will be FINE!! Stop your pouting!!! LOL!!

Didn't you say he hadn't seen his mother in 20 years!!!

He's overdo for a visit!! We are all praying for safe travel!!

Keep busy and the time will pass quickly!! HUGS!!

Good Morning Peeps! Well, I am going to Water aerobics this morning to work out soreness from Wednesday.

Laura, Safe travels for DH!

Julie, I hope the unit helps with the pain. Therapist used it on me after therapy.....I loved it.

Tx....I though you had the surgery already. The Magic Bullet will be your friend. It makes shakes so easy and you can drink them right from the container. Check Kohls. I think they may be on sale.

Okay, gang, gotta go get ready to workout. Then tonight is baking night with Jakob. The Brazoria County fair starts tomorrow.

Janet, how was the dinner with your friend?

Phyl.....I am gonna go see if that wine is still on sale. I did buy Resveratrol juice......the anti-aging stuff in red wine. It tastes like grape juice. I saw on Good Morning America that it is good for us old farts. lol

How was Water aerobics today?? I was so grateful not to have that cold wind today.. it's been with us most of the week!

So was the wine still on sale??? I'll look for it tomorrow.. I'm sure we'll be making a shopping trip tomorrow. I am finishing my last bottle of the homemade wine I bought in NY this week. It is so good. This one is Blueberry Shiraz! Earl says it's too sweet, so I have to drink it myself!!

:tongue::biggrin::frown::thumbup::frown:

Good Morning everyone. On the run today for the guys. Heading out in a bit to pick up tiling parts and back to the field. After that, don't quite know what is in store. DH mentioned me taking a motor to a shop for repair. Travel time involved with that trip also. Looks like I will be spending most of the day in the truck. Fine with that. Too much time home alone the last couple of days. Need to get out.

Chris....you came to the right place if you are looking for ideas. We can be a bunch of Mother Hens but as I stated yesterday, it's good to have ppl to rely on that have been through the process. How much down time from work did you take. With doing the shoulder surgery also, I imagine a couple of weeks? You all have a good day. Later.

Hope you and Tanker had an enjoyable day driving around the countryside!! Sounds like a beautiful fall day to do it! It's a little warm here today, but I LOVE it!!

Yes, we are ALL mother hens... and with different perspectives that complement each other!! And we care about each other!!

Actually my Dr is telling me 4-6 weeks with the shoulder. I figure I will be healed and back to normal from the band. I am doing them together so that I can use my short term disability. It will cover the shoulder. Ya I am being told that it will hurt, but I have been dealing with the pain now for two yrs. I'll take a few days of harsh pain to get my shoulder back to normal. I may regret saying that come 3 weeks from now. Dr has given me loritab for the last yr and it has done nothing. So they are giving me good stuff for post surgery.

Sounds like you have a good plan for recovery/rehab!

You can get some of the pain meds in liquid form.

Yep, Pup Pup. He is my baby. My DD is 23 and won't let me baby her any more. I was so happy when I got the news I sang a song (made up as I went) and Charlie got excited too. He jumped up on me so I grabbed his paws and danced with him.:lol: Crazy I know. Just don't tell anyone.

Not crazy at all!! A free spirit!! I love it!! I can picture that! I have been known to make up songs, too, to express my exuberance... or sometimes other emotions!! LOL

No offense to my ND friends, (sorry, Julie), but my most famous was called "I Hate Minot"!! It came about shortly after DH dropped me off at Minot AFB, in an empty 4 bedroom base housing unit with 4 kids from 1 1/2 to 8 yrs old.(he had to go back to Denver to finish an AF school he was attending!) Hardwood floors (imagine the pitter patter of 4 kids and a dog in a gym), cushions from our li ttle travel trailer were my couch, camping cooler was my end table. Cot from family services, card table and folding chairs I think some gracious neighbors lent me. The kids amused themselves by playing "Hide and Seek" and sometimes used the kitchen cupboards to hide out!

Not to mention having a 2nd grade teacher put me through weeks of hell because our oldest daughter was "shy" and it was all my fault because I was an overprotective mother!! GRRRR!

It was an interesting 6 weeks.

The song was therapy!!! HAHAHA!!

morning everybody..... another long night.... pain never got horrible but just enough to keep me from sleeping... I saw 4:00 and then DH woke me at 8:00.... went back to sleep for an hour, but I still hurt..... I'm gonna take a shower and try to get it to give in a little before I leave for Bismarck..

Laura, keep a stiff upper lip!!!! He'll be back home before you know it.... My DH was gone for 15 months while on duty in Iraq in from 12-03 to 2-05...... It was a long wait while it was happening, but I kept busy and did what I had to do and one day it was time for him to come home...... Looking back on it was much easier than looking forward to it..... Like I said to Cheri,,,,,,sing, sing, sing....... your heartache away.... HUgs.Julie

Mmmmmm, yes... been there, done that!! DH and I spent about 3 1/2 hrs apart during his 21+ years in the AF including a stint in VietNam, leaving me in NY near my family with a 6 mo old, 20 mo old and 3 1/2 yr old! We make it through, with God's help! Family was great, and joined a group of wives whose husbands were all deployed. That was a great help.

But what really stands out in my mind was all that my Dad did! He would babysit those three little ones so I could go places with my Mom... WW, etc., and he always did it joyfully and often would be giggling about something the kids did while I was gone. I could call him at 10pm and tell him... Dad, I just realized I have NO milk for morning and the kids are all asleep... and he'd go out and buy me some milk. He was wonderful... and I'm not sure I ever told him how much that meant to me!! When I think of Earl being gone all those months... that's what comes to my mind!! Not the pain of the separation, but all the support of family and friends, but especially my Dad!!

Okay... I've obviously had too much wine because I'm getting all sappy!! (only 2 small glasses, honest!!)

I LOVE all of you!!

Sandy - great news about your pup pup. They are our babies, as Karen said. Mine is at the groomer this morning, so I have free time.

So, did you enjoy your free time??? Zoey needs to have a visit to the groomer... just can't decide who to take her to down here in the desert. She needs ears, face, butt and nails done SOON!

We are all SO excited about how well you are doing!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Being an RN myself, I am VERY impressed with your grades and how well you are doing in nursing school!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Sandy...tell your boss you will trade the reserved parking for an annual gym membership...it's worth a try

What a GREAT idea!!!

7_5_139.gif 10_8_8.gif

Edited by phyllser

Phyll....I haven't had any wine but I LOVE YOU TOO!!!! And all the rest of you guys!

Now that I'm back in the desert, I realize there just wasn't enough time to visit last weekend... especially one on one... I had good visits with some, but not enough time with others, and definitely not enough HUGS!! Some of that was my own fault and I regret that! I am such a slug in the morning! Half of Saturday could have been spent much differently if I had gotten out of my room!!

Missing all of you!!

Whew! Jakob finished his cake and bars for the fair. I was so proud of him He loves to use the mixer. He has a football game tomorrow then turn in his entries by noon. He shows his calf next weekend. I can't wait to see him in all dressed up in his cowboy duds.

I went to aerobics today. It actually worked out some of my soreness from the training session.

Phyl....I haven't bought that wine yet. I will go tomorrow. I did buy a sweet red wine called Barefoot. It was kinda tart so I spiked it with that Resveratrol juice

....pretty good. I might become a wine drinker yet.

Jessica......WTG! on the three minute run. Congrats on the grades!

Linda......where are you?

Janet.......hot date?

Apples....I'll let you know about Jakob's Cherry Nut Cake.....send the JUJU!!!!! I need all of y'all to send it!!!

Jessica...congrats on your numerous NSV's. Love hearing the confidence in your posts! Photos please!!!:lol:

Julie...it got up to 86 here today. I dressed too warm and was about to die by this afternoon. Came home and put shorts on. Still 84.

I tried to post pics and couldn't let me give it another shot.

Yes, Cheri.... AMEN to Julie's comments. Julie... your comments are always so insightful and thoughtful!! I would just add that my strategy in getting through difficult things is very similar... to praise and thank God for however He is going to use these difficult circumstances for HIS good!! Hard things happen because we live in an imperfect world... but God can use these things to further HIS kingdom. It's difficult to comprehend why these awful things happen... all we can do is pray that some good will come from it. Somehow, some way!! HUGS, Cheri! You know we all care and are so sorry for the loss of this very special boy!

Arlene.... good work on the exercise!! You know what hey say... "No Pain, No Gain!!"

Julie... I am so glad you got that TENS unit! I am sure it will bring you some relief and hopefully help you avoid some of those pain killers! They used it at PT on my back this summer, after the accident, and I really think it helped. Does yours have heat/ice options?? Can't remember how they did that, and couldn't really see, but they did incorporate ice when they used it on me, and I remember him giving me the option of hot or cold and I opted for the cold even though I HATE being cold, because I know there was some swelling and ice is more effective for relieving swelling.

Sounds like you have a handle on all the wedding preparations! You are very talented in that area!! Do you want to cater our 50th high school reunion??? LOL!! Here I am 3000 miles away and I seem to be the only one interested in getting arrangements made!!! Trying to light a fire under the "locals" is so far not too effective!!

Yes, Jodi.... you handled your Mom very well!! Have to make her understand that you expect her to follow your rules when you're not there!

Love you, Julie!! You're doing a great job pushing through the pain. I think the TENS is going to make a difference!!

OUCH!! I was going to say.... no problem... cleaning up the AC joint until I read the part about removing part of your collar bone!!! You are correct in being more concerned about that pain than the band!! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!! We're here for you!

Great suggestions, Sandy!! I used my Magic Bullet all the time in the early stages, and we still use it a lot. My DH uses it to grind coffee all the time, for instance. So it's not a purchase you'll make and then only use for the initial post-op period.

We have in inverter in the RV that we use for the laptop and other things when we're on the road. It would be very useful.

I was thinking the same thing, Laura. I started my pre-op diet the first part of May and my surgery was July 20th. But the surgeon wanted me to get my BMI below 60 before he would do it.. so I had that hanging over my head. And I was concerned about the liver after that was explained to me.

You will be FINE!! Stop your pouting!!! LOL!!

Didn't you say he hadn't seen his mother in 20 years!!!

He's overdo for a visit!! We are all praying for safe travel!!

Keep busy and the time will pass quickly!! HUGS!!

How was Water aerobics today?? I was so grateful not to have that cold wind today.. it's been with us most of the week!

So was the wine still on sale??? I'll look for it tomorrow.. I'm sure we'll be making a shopping trip tomorrow. I am finishing my last bottle of the homemade wine I bought in NY this week. It is so good. This one is Blueberry Shiraz! Earl says it's too sweet, so I have to drink it myself!!

:tongue::biggrin::frown::thumbup::frown:

Hope you and Tanker had an enjoyable day driving around the countryside!! Sounds like a beautiful fall day to do it! It's a little warm here today, but I LOVE it!!

Yes, we are ALL mother hens... and with different perspectives that complement each other!! And we care about each other!!

Sounds like you have a good plan for recovery/rehab!

You can get some of the pain meds in liquid form.

Not crazy at all!! A free spirit!! I love it!! I can picture that! I have been known to make up songs, too, to express my exuberance... or sometimes other emotions!! LOL

No offense to my ND friends, (sorry, Julie), but my most famous was called "I Hate Minot"!! It came about shortly after DH dropped me off at Minot AFB, in an empty 4 bedroom base housing unit with 4 kids from 1 1/2 to 8 yrs old.(he had to go back to Denver to finish an AF school he was attending!) Hardwood floors (imagine the pitter patter of 4 kids and a dog in a gym), cushions from our li ttle travel trailer were my couch, camping cooler was my end table. Cot from family services, card table and folding chairs I think some gracious neighbors lent me. The kids amused themselves by playing "Hide and Seek" and sometimes used the kitchen cupboards to hide out!

Not to mention having a 2nd grade teacher put me through weeks of hell because our oldest daughter was "shy" and it was all my fault because I was an overprotective mother!! GRRRR!

It was an interesting 6 weeks.

The song was therapy!!! HAHAHA!!

Mmmmmm, yes... been there, done that!! DH and I spent about 3 1/2 hrs apart during his 21+ years in the AF including a stint in VietNam, leaving me in NY near my family with a 6 mo old, 20 mo old and 3 1/2 yr old! We make it through, with God's help! Family was great, and joined a group of wives whose husbands were all deployed. That was a great help.

But what really stands out in my mind was all that my Dad did! He would babysit those three little ones so I could go places with my Mom... WW, etc., and he always did it joyfully and often would be giggling about something the kids did while I was gone. I could call him at 10pm and tell him... Dad, I just realized I have NO milk for morning and the kids are all asleep... and he'd go out and buy me some milk. He was wonderful... and I'm not sure I ever told him how much that meant to me!! When I think of Earl being gone all those months... that's what comes to my mind!! Not the pain of the separation, but all the support of family and friends, but especially my Dad!!

Okay... I've obviously had too much wine because I'm getting all sappy!! (only 2 small glasses, honest!!)

I LOVE all of you!!

So, did you enjoy your free time??? Zoey needs to have a visit to the groomer... just can't decide who to take her to down here in the desert. She needs ears, face, butt and nails done SOON!

We are all SO excited about how well you are doing!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Being an RN myself, I am VERY impressed with your grades and how well you are doing in nursing school!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

What a GREAT idea!!!

7_5_139.gif 10_8_8.gif

Thanks Phyll it means alot to me that you guys are so supportive and happy for me.

Edited by JeweI

Whew! Jakob finished his cake and bars for the fair. I was so proud of him He loves to use the mixer. He has a football game tomorrow then turn in his entries by noon. He shows his calf next weekend. I can't wait to see him in all dressed up in his cowboy duds.

I went to aerobics today. It actually worked out some of my soreness from the training session.

Phyl....I haven't bought that wine yet. I will go tomorrow. I did buy a sweet red wine called Barefoot. It was kinda tart so I spiked it with that Resveratrol juice

....pretty good. I might become a wine drinker yet.

Jessica......WTG! on the three minute run. Congrats on the grades!

Linda......where are you?

Janet.......hot date?

Apples....I'll let you know about Jakob's Cherry Nut Cake.....send the JUJU!!!!! I need all of y'all to send it!!!

Jacob - good luck with the cake, game and calf!!! A picture would be nice. I would love to see your calf:wink:

Hi all,

Good day today. I think yesterday was good for me. I needed to grieve. I kept putting it on hold in order to get to LV and then to handle all the details of my job.

Tonight's memorial was a celebration of Mikey's life. Kid's choir sang; they were very good.

Today I could feel some of the anger at Mikey's death coming out.

I realized how angry I am at people who say he's in a better place. That's a given. However, God's intention for each of us is that we live full, productive, God-honoring lives. We were designed to experience life. Death entered the world because of evil. Tragic, unnecessary,stupid, early death is never God's intention for our lives. Doesn't mean he hasn't planned for it and can't turn it for our good. But I have a God who grieves over tragic, unnecessary deaths just like we do. This isn't a matter of death coming as a release and a relief.

I don't know if any of you know the poem, "Do not go gently into that good night. Rage, rage against the dieing of the lgiht." That's how I feel about Mikey. I rage against the dieing of the light in him. I already see God bringing good things out of his death. I see a difference in his classmates, who were one of the most difficult groups I've had to deal with. Was it worth his death? No!

Someone tonight said our loss is God's gain. God gets to enjoy him now. Well, I want him back. I know I can't have him. I know I have my memories of him, and I am coming to the point of acceptance. I can't change what happened. But I really wish I could.

So, denial, anger, grief, acceptance. Part of death, part of life. Moving on.

Cheri

Just a note to welcome all of you Vegas girls back. I've enjoyed the pictures that have been posted, and I can see that you had a great time. Can't wait to meet you all someday.

I'm still strugglying, up 7 lbs :biggrin: going to the band Dr in the morning. Its not the band, its me!! ( stress ) Divorce still isn't final yet. Hubby is being very difficult !!!! Will be so happy when my life is somewhat normal again.

Hugs to you all. Pj

Hello, hello...... I really don't want to jinx anything, but I have had no pain to speak of yet today and have only taken a couple Advil this afternoon while doing all my running around in Bismarck...... I may try to go to bed without any pills..... except stool softener of course!!!! I had a good treatment (chiropractic, accupunture, accupressure and something else I don't know the name of)... So, I'm crossing my fingers this tens unit is going to make a difference..... Phyll, It is just a little bit of a thing......it has 4 leads that I place on the trigger spots and turn it on.... Chiropractor suggested doing 15 minutes per hour rather than 3 hours at a time... I agree so that is what I'm doing... but there is no hot or cold... Just a little unit that fits in my pocket or on my wasteband......... Oh, and thanks for all the kudos and I love you all, too..... I do love to entertain and such, just not when I'm in pain...... I'd love to do your 50th if I lived closer..... I did my dad's only he died the morning that it started and didn't get to attend, My DH and I managed to get it all done, but it was terribly hard.....

Karen, glad you had a good day and yes it got hot here too... DH even suffered in the heat and that's unusual... It's supposed to cool down for the weekend..

Jessica, wow......... you look so good.... you deserved all those compliments.... and wtg on the good grades.... and all the things that were so good for you at Disney..... Just wonderful.... Keep up the good work....

Cheri, that anger is just another cycle of grief.... you are definitley progressing... Hope you'll feel back to your old self soon....

Sandy, so nice of you to think of your secreatary for the parking space.... she'll love you.....

Arlene, good luck to Jakob, but you'll be so proud of him no matter what color ribbon he gets and that's what is so important.....

Just now on our 10:00 news they ran a story about a man who had bypass 10 years ago... The lead in was about whether these people keep their weight off or not.... Well this guy was the first bypass patient in Bismarck, ND>... he weighed in at 420......Well, ten years later he is still where he was shortly after surgery..... 200 pounds down!!!!!! It was a very nice story and they interviewed the doctor, too.. I know him as he has done a surgery for my mother's hyatal hernia... I was actually afraid this was going to be a negative story, but it wasn't.... It was promoting WL surgery..... Good to see.....

well, I'm going to try to get to bed early again....didn't work last night... hopefully tonight will be different. Hugs and prayers to all..... Julie