Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I'm here. Took me an hour and a half to catch up. Taught yesterday, went to Dr., ate, went to 2 and a half hr choir practice, crashed. Came home today, ate, tutored, watched taped "Chuck" and then checked e-mail and read 5 pp of this. No time left to post.

All those with adult children issues-hugs. My daughter's still shaky. Hope the meds kick in soon for her. But she's not calling me so that's an improvement.

I'd love to win big in Vegas and pull my school out of its financial hole. They are down 25 kids since last year. Once again we don't know if the school will open next year. We need to reduce tuition so parents can afford it but we need to increase donations to make up the difference.

Husband's reading all the fine print on air travel. PIA. Too much to remember. I'm hardly going to bring anything. KISS (keep it simple, stupid).

Love to all

Cheri

Cheri..:smile2: sad about the state of your school. I'll help you pick out an extra suitcase to carry your winnings in.

Relax and just enjoy your flight. No worries about a lay-over. Ask the stewards on your first flight to direct you when you get off the plane. See you in Vegas!

Hi all....... I wrote a nice post this afternoon, but got called away from my computer and when I came back to it..........it went away.... I hate losing a post....now I can't remember what I said to who.....

Oh well, I'll just go from here...... Phyll, I think I missed something about twins...... Who has twins???

Laura K, I don't envy you dating again..... I was over 40 when DH and I met and started the whole ordeal... wasn't fun at all at first.... but I'm sure glad we stuck it out... I have a wonderful husband that I thank God for everyday....... It'll happen for you when you least expect it......

Linda, my mother always did that drawl thing everytime she spent time with her sister from California..... I used to tease them.... but the sister is long gone now, but you reminded me of something nice...... I'll enjoy hearing you change......Maybe we'll all do it before we leave....

Yes, I agree about the gals who aren't able to come this time... We'll miss you and I'm so glad to already have met Laura, Jessica, and Judy in February..... ddon't be afraid to call of use the computer if we can... Then you can feel like you are there, too.....

Went to my 7th grade niece's volleyball game this afternoon.... DH got home early and went with me and then DD and the little girls came, too.... So fun to watch them enjoy things and clap and holler.... We haven't had much to do with school for 8 years now, but soon will be back into attending things... In a small town like ours kids events are very popular.... Everyone who wants to play gets to.... One of the things I love about small town USA..... you don't have to be the best to do things... Just have to give it your all......

gosh I just can't remember much from before now... Glad to hear from Cheri,,... I figured you were busy catching up and getting things organized so you could be gone a few days.... Can't wait.....

It just seems like so many of us have so much in common.... not just the weight issues, but kids and health and such... We'll be able to talk no-stop...... We'll take enough time out to win that jackpot, though.... That would just put the icing on the cake, so to speak.......

Well, I love you all and am going to try to sleep with all good thoughts in my mind..... My pain only got to about a 4 this evening and I've taken my pills and should be ready to crash before long..... Sleep well, friends... so many of you haven't been and you need to rest up for all our fun........Hugs and prayers for everyone.... Julie

Hey, those of you who are flying alone for the first time, remember how scared I was in February......almost didn't come..... Well, I was so glad I did....... I knew what I needed to do.........I asked for help if I needed it and it just relaxed..... I didn't have to worry about anyone else but me.............. All went well....... so this time I'm not having any of those anxious thoughts..... If I could do it, you all can too......... Just remember what charming, lovely, capable, strong women we all are.... We're conquering the worst foe of all.............food.... we can handle a little flying...... Love ya.......... Julie

Drive by - Had boot camp tonite came home had some drama on my #7 thread - now it's almost 9

Hugs & Love to all - hell it we all seem to have drama lately - some more than others -- some lesser than others but drama is drama..

We will get thru this - we have each other !!!

For our full time posters who aren't coming

Laura - LauraK - You will be missed - sure wish you both could make it..

For our part time posters - Judy Pam Jessica wish you could be their 2 - Since I have met both of you - I know you would enjoy meeting the rest ;0)..

(hope I didn't miss anyone - not on purpose)

Charlene - they haven't invented plastic surgery in a bottle yet - I know cuz I keep looking for it too ;0)

Ok I gotta have some me time - dinner

Hope we all get some sleep tonite - I didn't get much last night eithers...

Sweet dreams..

Hi everyone.....

OKAY.....Its hot!!!! In LV....arrived 6PM this evening.

I checked in a bag and had a carry on....Jetblue.....no charge for baggage as of yet.

Lori...im sorry to read about your friend.....sad.

I wish everyone can come this weekend.....It wont be the same without everyone who posts and gives so much support not to be with those who can....but hopefully next time we can all be together....will def, think about everyone and send posts and skype.....hopefully.

okay...just to reiterate as all has something to say about that buffet......yes there are cheap and moderate priced however.....the one that was referred as really great are about 100 bucks a pop.....I think weve all ruled that way way way out there.....lol

There are several restaurants that are really good. An Italian/fish in town square....a sushi place and steak place that people frequent that are good and very moderate. Have the names of those...but most of the hotel buffets are good and reasonable. I am staying about 5 min from hotel so will easily arrive in the AM and leave last to sleep! lol

Sooooo....

Ive now experienced sliming....and when??? For dinner after landing with Jeff....how embarrassing!!! NO KIDDING!!! Ive never gotten stuck like this before....nerves? eating to fast?? What??? Flying? I had to stop get up and walk around...felt terrible but Jeff was so good about this all and was supportive...what a way to begin?? And all he said was hey this is me.....its okay that he was more concerned about me and how scared I looked when I was sliming. I was more terrified of what he would think when seeing this....and all the time promising that this didnt happen when I ate at all ever....( wonder if he believes this)

Was scary and just when meeting after geting off the plane. well I guess the indoctrination is over. lol

I dont have to worry any more!!

SO...it seems everyone is up for the club on Friday night. Jeff said he will get us a limo and that seats 14 so one car. yea.

He will get us all in for free and is trying to get us drinks comped as well. Apparently there is this big country singer famous who will be singing there....forgot his name....So he needs to order the limo....as long as we are all there before 8:30 we will be good so is it okay that he will order the limo for 8. Is this good for everyone??? It sounds like fun! What time should he order to come home he wanted to know?? lol (like we know now??)

No Dassi isnt here......No Dassi this is a mommy vacation!

Besides no babysitter. lol

Guess what......Jeff asked what he should have in the house to eat/drink etc and asked about wine...when I arrived at the house....he stocked it for me just as I asked....and he got organic red wine sulfite free!!!!

WOW that won major points. It was good to boot.

Okay must go...tomorrrow night we are going to see Phantom of the opera 8th row orchestra...woo hoo and Thursday we are seing Cirque de solei.

I can recieve texts as well....so text me and ill text back.....lol

Ill program numbers in tomorrow.

Jodi - I'd love to have Breakfast together and visit while we wait for the others to arrive. I sleep late & usually have breakfast at the crack of 10.

yes that sounds great. Give a call when arrive so we can arrange....

Have a great night all....

Jodi

btw it was 104 degrees at 6PM...hmmm White...is deff as it is still most summer!!!

Jodi, welcome to the desert!! Limo that holds 14...that will be an experience I haven't had yet! It's going to be around 100 here for the rest of the week.

Yes, middle of the night post again. It will be good when I'm not employeed and I have these back/foot issues and don't have to worry about feeling like crap at work.

I'm bad, I haven't read the rest of the posts but figure I'd catch up with you soon.

Just checking in.

Eva

Good Morning Gang

LOL Jodi - yep welcome to Eva & my world and Phyl's right now - 106 is nice weather ;0)

Don't know about show since most of us are traveling on Friday and they might be pooped - will have to see what the censuses is .. I'm up for it - think it would be fun !!

Jeff is a great guy and he doesn't even know us - are we going to get to meet him ;0)

Sorry about the slime - that would be awful..

Enjoy your time w/out Dassi - it's always good to have me time

Eva - hugs on lack of sleep - that's the pits .. I got about 5 hrs last night - looking forward to Vegas no Bella to wake me up at 4 a.m.

Packing - well - have an idea of what I am taking - but that's about it - will pack on Thursday..

Have gym tonite - don't think I will go to yoga as I need to do stuff around the house before I leave on friday and have haircut after work on Thursday..

Yes gang last yr was Julie's 1st flight alone and she did just fine..

Well off to shower ttyl

Edited by IndioGirl55

btw it was 104 degrees at 6PM...hmmm White...is deff as it is still most summer!!!

I don't have your cell #. Pm it if you can. Have a great time before we come!!! This old woman has never ridden in a limo for 14.....new adventure indeed. See ya soon!

Jodi...I cannot speak for anyone but myself but I am up for anything. What an accomodating guy that Jeff is. Enjoy your time with him and see you in a couple of days.

Too bad about the sliming incident. I am one that gets tight when I fly and have to be careful the first 24 hours. Being nervous can cause me to get stuck also. Just try to eat slowly and relax.

Edited by Apples2

Jodi, welcome to the desert!! Limo that holds 14...that will be an experience I haven't had yet! It's going to be around 100 here for the rest of the week.

Yes, middle of the night post again. It will be good when I'm not employeed and I have these back/foot issues and don't have to worry about feeling like crap at work.

I'm bad, I haven't read the rest of the posts but figure I'd catch up with you soon.

Just checking in.

Eva

Sorry you are experiencing aches and pains, Eva....time to relax!!!!!! See you in a couple of days....:smile2:

Morning..... I've not much time to post, but wanted to say that I'm up for the club and limo on Friday night.... Sounds fun and the price is sure right...... Thanks Jodi... Talk to you all after while.... got a busy morning and it's half gone already..... Julie

I'm up for the limo and club on Friday night, too. What is the dress code.... we said casual, right?? Hope the limo is easy in and out. The one we rented for our wine tour last month was wonderful, but unless you were on the back seat... rest of the seats sat so low it was a real challenge getting in and out. I won't worry about it. I'll make it work. Or claim "seniority" and sit on the back seat!!

B):biggrin::rolleyes2:

Yesterday I spoke to a lady here at the park who does nursing home ministry about taking my dog with them to do visitation. She thought it would be a great idea for the home that she goes to, especially, because they are mentally challenged adults... Down's Syndrome, etc. Zoey would be great for that. I'm excited about the possibility! She is going to speak to the people at the home about it when she goes there tomorrow.

Jodi, you are really getting me excited. I definitely need a break!! DH has been miserable with his sinus problems. And so living in the RV with a grumpy man has not been fun. Though he was only a small part of my funk yesterday! It was mostly a sister issue!

I have not slimed, PB'd or anything since my unfill and refill this spring/summer. I have what I feel is good restriction without all that misery!!

Phyl,

In the homes that my com. manages all that is required is a shot/vac record. Our residents sound like the people you are looking to visit. The residents love animals and a lot of the homes have either a cat or a dog.

Well I'm not the deciding voice in LV but it sounds like you called save seat already in the limo. lol

LauraK

Phyll...I just KNEW you'd be an in for the club. I was wondering the same thing about the fact their might me a dress code. Jodi...do you know if there is one??? Oh well, we can all just go casual and get in on our good looks.

I love the animal ministry programs. Our homes around here have them. Zoey is such a loving little puppa....she will excel and steal some hearts.

Gotta say this, Phyll...nothing worse than a sick man. An earache at our house means a week on the couch with a tray of food every 30 minutes and LOTS of whining during the other 30. LOL