Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hello Everyone, there was so much to read since I was on last..... you guys have been busy...... today has been a rough day for me... I just couldn't come alive once I woke up.... Didn't really get going until ater 1:00 and Mimi was even her with DH.. They were mostly outside, so they didn't keep me from drousing...... Now that it is almost suppertime I am finally moving some.. Went to the store to get a couple things for me and DD... She isn't feeling well..... 1st trimester blues I think.... a little cramping..... She had a rather rough time with Mimi and I was hoping this one would be different....

Janet, I'm with the rest of you.... your kids should have more respect than to call you like that in the middle of the night unless someone was really hurt or something tragic...... You don't need their stresses on you..... I also agree with the other gals that you are truely amazing... You make a great coach......

Lori, glad you are feeling better now... I've been there, feeling so sorry for myself with this pain and all... It will get better and you will get back to your comfortable spot.....

All of you gals have been so busy sharing things but I'm just not remembering enough to comment on each.. Sorry................ Can't wait to talk to you face to face... Wish Melissa and Laura K and Laura and all the rest were coming, too.... Judy and Jessica...... And where is Gwen??? Is she still vacationing or did we lose her..???

I better go do something so my day isn't a complete waste....My desk is stacked very high right now... I need to do this paperwork....... You all take care and stay safe..... Love and hugs........... Julie

Back from my nails and errands..

Oh you guys don't have to worry about DS moving home - HELL FREAKING NO...

Is he serious about divorce - doubt it - She should be divorcing him a long time ago - He's a house husband - since they moved mostly due to child care issues and DIL being a nurse and working odd hours - No way to get Kaitlin to school and brooke would have to be pick up by 6 and Melissa doesn't get off work til 8.. And he was a truck driver - again odd hrs - so he says home w/the kids - etc - He's a lot like his Dad - who's 58 and still running the streets - i call it ripping and running - He's 39 yrs old and is far from being a grown up..

Oh and don't think I don't preach - I am not one to keep my mouth shut - I will tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. But ya I think cuz Andrews gone he thinks he can move in - nope nada never.. He would come back to Indio and get back on drugs and then we have the whole issue of the crap that happend them made them have to move in the 1st place - which was all his fault to being with..

Nope you guys don't have to every worry about that - I will stand firm on that and if he thinks I don't love him because of that - so be it - But he will not move home -

Linda - I'm not bringing pics - you guys have seen my before and afters - and most of mine are either on the computer or in alblums packed away..

Joyce - Yep Gravy is totally gave away your Italian heritage - You know in Godfather movie - Sorpano's - Good Fellows - they all call it gravy ;0) That's where I know the term from ;0)

They kids (ds & family) were suppose to be here Thrusday - as they have a wedding next weekend - while I'm gone - lets see what happens - I'm ready to cancel the whole Vacation - go by myself ... and then use that extra $$$ for a face lift ;0)

Great I'm glad you are getting out of the house - Good for you - ya your mushrooms don't sound great to me either :0) but I'm not a big hot wings person ;0)..

ok gotta get stuff out of dryer - to be continued

Janet, so sorry for DS problems. They still want to talk to mama. My DS that was in the service would call me from Germany when him and his wife were fighting. Sometimes she would call. What was I to do?......I was thousands of miles away. I would just listen. Then I would get on my soap box. Then they probably questioned why they called in the first place. lol. Heck, if they are going to call and whine.........I'm gonna preach!!!! That'll cure em!!!

Eva, You ready for a roommate? I will be there soon!!!

Julie......Are you feeling better??

Our youngest son lived with a girl who was kinda crazy for a couple of years.. mother of his 2nd son. She would call me when they were having a fight and yell and scream at me about whatever she was mad about. Then Steve would get the phone and he would be all calm, cool and collected and tell me she was crazy! She would get violently angry. Thankfully, grandson is with her mother and not with her!

Arlene & Cheri, you gals will do great flying alone. It's really quite easy, check in on the kiosk if you haven't online. If you can check in online do it there, if you are carrying your bag you are set then to go straight to security and your gate. Remember the rule on fluids & gels, 3 oz containers and those must fit into a ziploc quart size bag. When you get to security take out your ziploc and put it in the tub so they can see it. And Cheri if you aren't offended by the body scan machines at security it makes it soooooo much easier to go through those with artificial knees otherwise you gotta get wanded all over, at least I do as mine always set off the metal detector so I always look for the body scan machine.

Well this party I am going to tonight is a college football party. it's Boise State vs Oregon I think, some of the folks going are alumni of each school. I personally have no interest but am just going to be social and get to know folks. We are to bring something orange for food as I guess that is a common team color to both teams. I googled and found a recipe for some 'buffalo hot wing' flavored stuffed mushrooms. Safe bet for me as I dont care for them. LOL I hate bringing something I've never made but guess I have an excuse if they taste awful. LOL They have shallots, blue cheese (gross, yucky pooey) and Franks Red hot sauce in them.

OH... those sound really good to me! LOL

Back from my nails and errands..

Oh you guys don't have to worry about DS moving home - HELL FREAKING NO... Is he serious about divorce - doubt it - She should be divorcing him a long time ago - He's a house husband - since they moved mostly due to child care issues and DIL being a nurse and working odd hours - No way to get Kaitlin to school and brooke would have to be pick up by 6 and Melissa doesn't get off work til 8.. And he was a truck driver - again odd hrs - so he says home w/the kids - etc - He's a lot like his Dad - who's 58 and still running the streets - i call it ripping and running - He's 39 yrs old and is far from being a grown up..

Oh and don't think I don't preach - I am not one to keep my mouth shut - I will tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. But ya I think cuz Andrews gone he thinks he can move in - nope nada never.. He would come back to Indio and get back on drugs and then we have the whole issue of the crap that happend them made them have to move in the 1st place - which was all his fault to being with..

Nope you guys don't have to every worry about that - I will stand firm on that and if he thinks I don't love him because of that - so be it - But he will not move home -

Linda - I'm not bringing pics - you guys have seen my before and afters - and most of mine are either on the computer or in albums packed away..

Joyce - Yep Gravy is totally gave away your Italian heritage - You know in Godfather movie - Soprano's - Good Fellows - they all call it gravy ;0) That's where I know the term from ;0)

They kids (ds & family) were suppose to be here Thursday - as they have a wedding next weekend - while I'm gone - lets see what happens - I'm ready to cancel the whole Vacation - go by myself ... and then use that extra $$$ for a face lift ;0)

Great I'm glad you are getting out of the house - Good for you - ya your mushrooms don't sound great to me either :0) but I'm not a big hot wings person ;0)..

ok gotta get stuff out of dryer - to be continued

I have a few before photos in my phone!

b4.gif

Just hand a nice talk w/Charlene - Her accent isn't that bad ;0)

Well just cking in - got the dogs fed -sun going down - need to take bella for a walk and tire her butt out - she's wants attention and is scratching me as I type..

Great, those mushrooms sound great to me. I love hot sauce and blue cheese combo.

Julie, you sound like you are doing a bit better.

Janet, stay strong, kick butt.

Melissa, stick with it, it'll get better for you.

Well had my date today. Wow is he nice. We set there for over 2 1/2 hours just talking about everything. Both said we would like to see each other again.

Yeah so wish I was coming to Vegas. Post lots of pics for us.

LauraK

Phyl, is Earl feeling better?

Hey Gang ...

Julie I missed your post earlier - Sounds like you are a tad better - thats good - Yep can't wait till Friday ;0) - I think we may have lost Gwen - she hasn't posted in a while.. She's back from vacation..

LauraK Glad your date went well.. Yep Charlene and I were saying how much we wish the Laura's and other were comming ;0)

Yes everyone make sure you pack your phone chargers and that your camera batteries are charged ;0)

Well took Bella for a walk - longer to night maybe a mile if not a tad more.. Have gym in the a.m. - need to color hair and get some $$$ for the trip ;0) - Thats about it..

Well had a little nap ealier - till Andrew called and woke me up - I swear I can't get sleep - Kids or the dogs ...

Well I want to go watch t.v. will ck back later..

Well, I got my husband programming the LV group's phone #s into my cell. Does anyone know what the avg. temp is supposed to be while we're there? Do they over-air-condition everything to compensate?

I'm thinking jeans will be too hot unless we're indoors all the time. Swimming suit? Flip-flops are my favorite shoes.

It's getting real now. I'm actually starting to plan.

Janet. Hugs on the DS. Congrats on refusing to be a co-dependant. Exasperating and frustrating though. He should know that as a drug addict he can never safely drink either. Obviously he's not working a 12-step program, and his wife can't be either if she keeps taking him back. But poor Kaitlyn.

Took my 2 grandson's to the Dutch fest at Elim Christian School. They rode horses and petted llamas and I ate a little of my ethnic food. Pigs in blanket -sausage in pastry (could only eat a little of the pastry) and peasoup. Also bought some metwurst, a delicious Dutch sausage that I like to put into peasoup along with smoked ham hocks, onions, celery, carrots, cabbage, and potatoes. A fork would stand up in my peasoup. One of the few things I enjoy cooking.

They were out of banquet, a wonderful Dutch pastry made of almond paste wrapped in very thin flaky pie crust into rolls. My mother makes the best. Her rolls are skinny and her pastry is thin, not thick, and very light and flaky, not chewy. Fortunately, she hardly ever makes it because I find it irresistable.

They had other Dutch food, but I got the stuff I wanted the most. The Dutch are not noted for their cuisine, but they are noted for their pastries and Cookies, peppermints and chocolate.

Cheri

Great, those mushrooms sound great to me. I love hot sauce and blue cheese combo.

Julie, you sound like you are doing a bit better.

Janet, stay strong, kick butt.

Melissa, stick with it, it'll get better for you.

Well had my date today. Wow is he nice. We set there for over 2 1/2 hours just talking about everything. Both said we would like to see each other again.

Yeah so wish I was coming to Vegas. Post lots of pics for us.

Phyl, is Earl feeling better? LauraK

Glad you had a fun date! Yea, those mushrooms sounded good to me, too.

So sorry you can't come to Vegas. We will miss you.

Earl is feeling a little better. Has EENT appt on Tuesday.

Just hand a nice talk w/Charlene - Her accent isn't that bad ;0)

Well just cking in - got the dogs fed -sun going down - need to take bella for a walk and tire her butt out - she's wants attention and is scratching me as I type..

Yeah, Zoey is wanting some attention, too. She wants me to play ball with her, but eventually all the balls end up out of reach and I won't go get them. Game over!! LOL

Well, I got my husband programming the LV group's phone #s into my cell. Does anyone know what the avg. temp is supposed to be while we're there? Do they over-air-condition everything to compensate? I'm thinking jeans will be too hot unless we're indoors all the time. Swimming suit? Flip-flops are my favorite shoes. It's getting real now. I'm actually starting to plan.

Janet. Hugs on the DS. Congrats on refusing to be a co-dependant. Exasperating and frustrating though. He should know that as a drug addict he can never safely drink either. Obviously he's not working a 12-step program, and his wife can't be either if she keeps taking him back. But poor Kaitlyn.

Took my 2 grandson's to the Dutch fest at Elim Christian School. They rode horses and petted llamas and I ate a little of my ethnic food. Pigs in blanket -sausage in pastry (could only eat a little of the pastry) and peasoup. Also bought some metwurst, a delicious Dutch sausage that I like to put into peasoup along with smoked ham hocks, onions, celery, carrots, cabbage, and potatoes. A fork would stand up in my peasoup. One of the few things I enjoy cooking.

They were out of banquet, a wonderful Dutch pastry made of almond paste wrapped in very thin flaky pie crust into rolls. My mother makes the best. Her rolls are skinny and her pastry is thin, not thick, and very light and flaky, not chewy. Fortunately, she hardly ever makes it because I find it irresistable. They had other Dutch food, but I got the stuff I wanted the most. The Dutch are not noted for their cuisine, but they are noted for their pastries and Cookies, peppermints and chocolate. Cheri

Someone said the avg. temp was 80, but don't know for sure. It's been really hot this week here, and supposed to be about 110 for a couple more days. I suspect that we will want sweaters in the air conditioning. At least, I will. I am always cold. I bought a new pair of cotton twill capris and some sleeveless tops I can wear another blouse over. Planning on bringing one outfit that is a little dressier in case we go out to dinner to someplace where we need to dress up a little. But, nothing but sandals!

I would LOVE your pea soup! We don't make it very often, but like to put in all those veggies, too!

Great pictures!

Hi all....quick post.

Hope all is well...and all had a good week. Ive just finished cleaning up from the 4 day holiday and am wiped. Will post tomorrow in depth.

Wanted to give an update regarding LAS VEGAS.

yes, Limo to take us places at 5 bucks a pop where ever we want to go..Jeffs company has a contract with a limo comp. SO he will arrange for us to have at our convenienience however...dont hold me to that....after all....remeber who we are talking about....Ill have to arrange this for us when arriving on Wed to make sure..its for real lol

However...I was told that Friday night if wed all like to go to the famous country club.."Stoneys" he can get us on and the beers would be free. This seems to be a popular club and Jeff said he can pick us all up on him and bring us there....if wed like to..I said Id put it out to you all.....I would love that....country line dancing and all...but being from the city and most of you from not....you might not be interested. Then again you might...and being its a famous place it might be fun!!! That and free!! That too!

Let me know.....

anyways.....must go to sleep.

Have a great night!!!

Jodi

I think 80's is pretty cool estimate for Vegas, I am thinking 90s at least. Are we bringing bathing suits?

Just went and checked www.weather.com and Fri is supposed to be 101, Sat 97 and Sunday 94 and the low is 70 at night. And from my experience living there, yes they over compensate with the a/c or it is just such a drastic difference I always carried a sweater in the summer. Think I am going to wear jeans on the plane, bring capris and a pair of dress pants (if they fit after my 20 lbs) and that's it and interchangeable tops that match everything.

Jodi, I am game for anything as long as I don't have to dance or do kareoke but I love to people watch. No beer for me but I'll have a diet coke or Water. LOL That is nice of Jeff to arrange a limo for us.

Just got home from my football party. They said they liked my mushrooms but I brought about half home, but there was a lot of food. I had a piece of beef and some Beans and did sit too close to the M & M's and had a few of those. But not bad considering all the food there and what I didn't have.

I am trying to think more positive thoughts after last night. It's been a rough weekend. Think I let my mind get going and then it just keeps on a going. Then my mom called today and she's so negative it's just all so stressful. I really need my lap band girls weekend. I so appreciate all of you that had such great things to say to me since last night. Thank you for holding me up. Love ya all!

OMG, it sounds like it will be hot..... I promised myself I wouldn't overpack this time... I want to just do a carryon,(hoping someone will lift it up there for me!!) So capris, a couple shirts changes and sandals... works for me... Is white out of place in Vegas now?? I was thinking of my white capris....... A limo sounds like a treat for us all.... Thanks Jodi, if you are able to make that happen for us..... But really just can hardly wait to put a real person to the name of most of you... It so made it just that much better after meeting the gals in Orlando in February.... This is just going to be great...

I'm still up as I slept so long today I can't get sleepy... Shoulder is hurting some but not horribly right now... Yes, I'm almost afraid to say this, but I might be a tad better... Not gone and not great, but don't feel like crying near as often the last couple of days.... Have 2 therapy sessions and a massage scheduled before leaving for Vegas... Hope it will make it better for me to enjoy the weekend without so much pain.....

Well, nightie night, ladies..... sweet dreams... Julie

Cheri & Arlene - I can remember being anxious about traveling alone. Now I will travel alone to Guam or Bangkok or Bali. Sometimes become anxious about language barrier. We can't understand the gate change announcements in USA.

But there are soooo many nice people, if you just ask for help. Breathe deeply and relax -- you CAN do this and the end result will be worth it.

See you both soon.

Melissa - We own two companies. When the new employee starts, we want to be comfortable with their skill level and motivation.

We begin to assign responsibility as we become comfortable with their motivation and skill level.

Relax - breathe deeply and give this new situation time. They need to gain confidence in you - and you need to learn respect for them (if they deserve it). If they don't deserve respect, focus on what advantages for your family are received from this job. Then, look for another job, while you are employed.

This economy has left many people under-employed. It is a wonderful thing to be able to pay your bills and support your family. Sending my very best for your future.

Please be patient.