Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lori - the pedicure was $66 - plus tip of $20. It is called a spa pedicure and includes exfollient, mositure (with heat) and massage of feet and legs. Takes 2 hours. A real treat in a nice spa.

If I don't spend the $$$$, all the kids ask for it. I made it, I'll spend it. We help all of them lots.

iPhone class was so much fun. About 8 others and we all enjoyed learning. No judging, but I was the oldest and already had mastered it more than any of them. lol

Just a quick nite time fly by...

Thanks for all the compliments girls. : ) Yes, I am busy... BUT... I find that I actually get more things done when I have a packed schedule. I just flounder about if I have nothing planned. I do need to get more diligent about getting the exercise in. I still don't know what my work schedule will be and whether it will change my school volunteer day. Once I get that set- I will PROMISE Cop Janet and others to get my regular workout schedule planned!

Melissa~ Sounds like gyn issue but could be early appendicitis. I am glad they are watching it. Does it hurt when you jump up and down? Any nausea/vomiting? Did they feel a mass? I would have a CT scan if they are unsure. The radiation is NOTHING compared to unnecessary surgery or a ruptured appendix. I need to look up that new tubal thing you had. Seems they fill the tubes with something to block them. Perhaps that formed an abscess or something? Keep us informed.

ok, brag time. Nelson had a private taekwondo lesson today. Next week is testing/tournament and it is optional to do a wood board break. He's never done one and was quite nervous about it. Usually they have them do their first one in class around the other kids, but I didn't want him to have too much pressure. I even told him he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to. Well, his Sensei (2nd degree black belt) and Master (6th degree black belt) talked him into it. He asked DH NOT to come today (which hurt his feelings but I think Nels was just too afraid to let him down). Long story short... HE DID IT! The look on his face was just PRICELESS!!! So proud of his accomplishment! I had tears in my eyes. I didn't take photos in the dojo (actually so emotional that I forgot my camera!!! Can you believe it??!!) So I took this one in the car!

Got my car fixed. The rear wiper/window motor went out and decided I don't need them. $1000 for a window and washer just seemed so high! Took DH shopping for clothes for his trip. He's going overseas in 3 weeks to see his Mom (can't remember if I told you guys). He hasn't seen her in 20 years. LONG STORY. But she is not doing too fell (healthwise) and being around my parents got him emotional. He spoke to his mom for their holiday on Friday and she said she wanted to see him before she died. I don't think she is close to dying, but I do think he needs to go. There is a lot of healing that needs to go on. I think having Nels and I there would be such a handicap. He needs to enjoy some family time and soak up his culture/language/food that he hasn't seen in a while. I will miss him for those two weeks- but it is so necessary. We scored great for him! New suit/shirts/shoes/pants. Had coupons for Men's warehouse. I didn't find any shoes for me. DSW didn't have ANY wide shoes today for some reason! I found one pair of clarks but they had stitching around the sides and DH said they looked like men's slippers..LOL. Not very sexy and decided not to get them. Might order some from zappos- free shipping and free return shipping.

ok guys.. need to hit the hay, new job orientation in the a.m.! Peasout... Laura

Edited by peascorps

Today is my DS 21st B-day. We are going to dinner to Celebrate and I will buy him his 1st legal drink. lol

Laura K

I remember my 21st bday - ordered bourbon and coke - my Dad said - can't you tell she's 21 ;0) - Have a great time - love the Legal Drink ;0)

Hi gang! I posted last night, but it wouldn't post. Oh well, nothing to shout about.

Eva and Janet, do you have choices in electric companies? I switched to Ambit Energy.......My bill dropped at least 75.00. I don't know if they are in your area yet. Check in to it. I signed under a friend who is actually selling the service.

Well, helping my DD has slowed now. She is so much better this time than the last pregnancy. Her husband is off for a week to help her. Sydney is being such a sweet sister. She is so gentle with Bethany.

Melissa, is that a banana Spider? We have those in the pecan and oak trees down here. They are everywhere. Skeeters are really bad right now. I have six bites on my leg. I really sprayed down before walking this morning.

Lori, have a great time this week. Watch out for the skeeters.

Apples,??????

Laura, I did not know your dad was in the hospital again. Whats going on with him. Is he getting treatments again?

Joyce, I pay 25-35 depending on whether I go with the deluxe. They are always trying to push something on me.

Okay, better finish the housework.........later peeps!!!

Charlene - no I only have imperial irrigation which is cheaper than So Cal Edision - so I am lucky there.. Problem is hall says it's 80 - my room will be 78 and so while I am asleep it's running too much - plus last month was our hot month - it should be going down now that it's just me - a/c's turned up to 81-82 while I'm at work..

Laura's Dad isn't in the hospital - she took Nelson to see his Dad who works at the hospital ;0) I had to read it twice ;0)

Ya nail shops are always trying to push stuff on ya.. I use to go to a Caucasus Lady - for years - but had to do nails every 2 weeks they would break or lift - now that I go to the Vietnamese they last 3 weeks and I can push 4 sometimes ;0)

Janet, yes I have a/c, I run it most days in the summer just during the day, try to open windows at night if it's not too hot. My electric bills get to right at $100 and then in the winter it got to about 16 below zero a couple times in Denver, does that count as cold? For heat we had (and have here) natural gas and I try to keep that bill from going over $100 too. Though this house here in UT has gas appliances as well so imagine that will account for a little higher as well. I love this time of year because I need neither heat nor air and it's perfect!

Spiders: To me there's no 'good' spider, they all freak me out and if I dare get close enough they are dead spiders. LOL

Well got my house all clean and am the only one home to enjoy it. LOL atleast it won't get dirty again. LOL Gathered all DH's stuff up he had lying around and put it in a pile in the basement. Then I sat and messed with my DVR to set it up to record all the new fall shows. I hadn't touched the thing since moving so even the old shows I recorded regularly like Biggest Loser, NCIS etc. had to be changed as they were set for Denver channels. Hopefully I didn't forget any. Not sure if I will watch everything I have set but figured I'd rather have it and not like the show and delete it than be mad that I missed a good one. LOL

Great - I guess it's the pple who have propane to heat their houses that have $600 bills - I rarely turn on the heater - I just wear sweats around the house and the back door stays open - I do turn on the fireplace I think 60 is like my high gas bill..

That was a chore to reset dvr - I have mine set for the new survior - but the new shows don't start till the following week - so will have to wait to set those - I think I like 187 that looks good (cop show) greys anotmny - bro & sister - those are all programed.. I record too much and end up deleting w/o watching - but since I don't have lost this year - I will have a little more time.. Sometimes I catch up on the weekends - cuz too busy during the week..

I'm going to make a valiant effort to respond to a few recent posts!! I told you guys we are in OK! Threatening weather here ALL week and the sky has been dark most of today. I just heard some thunder. I do NOT miss the OK weather! It's hot and humid and severe weather warnings all the time!!

Hope you get some answers soon, Julie!!! HUGS!

I am thinking we will be in your area not this coming weekend, but next weekend. Maybe Thurs/Fri time frame. Texas this weekend... then make our way south to I-10, and then west. Not sure how long that will take, but surely next weekend at the latest. Don't remember what you told me, but we need to park in a place where there is enough room to turn around.. can't back up while towing the car and try to avoid unhitching it at all cost! I have your address in our trip plan, but also found an RV park nearby in case we can't park at your place. But think we should be able to stop and see you. If in an RV park, you can come over and visit. Also, depends on what kind of progress we are making. We like to stop about every 200-300 miles. Earl gets too tired and cranky if we drive longer than about 2pm! Very stressful driving this rig!

Anxious to hear what the doc says. Could be appendicitis, but I kind of doubt it. Sounds more like a gyn problem.

I LOVE Merrills.. have two pair of their sandals. I have small, kind of thin feet, with toes that cross over and are arthritic!

We paid big bucks for mani/pedi for the wedding... about a dozen of us.. sisters, nieces, bridal party, etc. went to a place on Friday morning before the wedding. One of my nieces brought lunch and champagne and several bottles of wine! Made the bill a little more painless, but I think my total was over $50 and then I tipped... got the deluxe pedi. Guess what?? Mani lasted ONE WEEK, and some had to redo their nails the next day before the wedding!

Yes, Cody is a cute kid! Very sweet, but, like I said, a few residual problems from what his mom and our son have put him through. Wish we didn't live so far away!

Yes, he had a great time with the dog, but what was really kind of sad is how he craves some male attention. As soon as he got here.. "where's Grandpa??" Then he wanted to ride with Grandpa when we went to dinner, and go for a walk with Grandpa, wanted Grandpa to take him golfing, (RV park is part of a golf complex...Grandpa is NOT a golfer, has no golf clubs... Cody just didn't get why grandpa couldn't take him golfing, and he wanted to spend the night with us (school day today!), etc. I could kick our son! When I talked to him on the phone earlier that day he says, "wait til you see him. You won't believe how much he's grown!" And I'm thinking.. when is the last time YOU saw him???? So I asked him.. and he tells me he picked him up in the summer and took him out of state with him for a week. YEAH!! That was like May 2009!!! GRRRR! He has NO idea how much he's grown! Then he told me to be sure and call him when Cody was here so he could talk to him! I called twice, texted once, left one message tagging it "URGENT", and no call back! So today he texts me and asks how the visit went!!! Sorry... do you hear a little hostility!??? He texted me last week wanting to know if we could "help" his older son, Kurtis, get to Nebraska to spend some time with him because he needs some "supervision"!! Don't know that he is capable of "supervision" and don't know why he would need our "help" since he had just finished painting a train (in Nebraska) and I know that usually means a big pay day.

Your estimate is about right. I would like to be in DHS by weekend of 25-26 and hoping to get appt at Eisenhower Spine Center first part of that week to get things rolling before our Vegas trip. No hope of getting any resolution before that, but need to get MRI lined up and maybe some more appropriate pain pills. I don't want to take the hydocodone. Sister gave me Darvocet and sometimes it works and usually it doesn't. I suspect she'd had it a while and maybe had lost it's potency.

Keep forgetting to ask... did you ever find a housesitter for the Nov. vaca???

We have two granddaughters that turn 21 next May. Told them both we'd take them out for lunch/dinner and a "legal" drink!! I know they've both been drinking for a couple of years! One is at U of WA..living in sorority house, going to frat parties.. so... just sayin'!! LOL! The other.. arrested for DUI when she was about 17!! SNOT!!

That is such a SWEET baby! Can't believe the SMILE in that photo.. never saw such a smile on a newborn!!! And I worked a long time in labor and delivery and in newborn nursery!

Phyl - Yes my workout partner Vickie is going to house/dog sit for me ...

Just spent the afternoon on the phone scheduling appts. When I had my 'well woman' exam 2 weeks ago he suggested I get a colonoscopy, bone density scan and of course mammogram. So have all those scheduled in about 2 weeks, should feel real poked and prodded after that's all done, especially the colonoscopy. I am dreading that. Anyone have one done since banding? Is drinking the liquid the night before an issue?

Then more phone work in getting DH's hotel frequent guest accounts all squared away. Might as well get some benefits from all his stays but he always forgets his numbers and had duplicate accounts etc. so got them all fixed and written down on a little card to put in his wallet. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I just hate phone calling stuff and put it off. My butt hurts from too much sitting. LOL

Great - I would tell them about the band - maybe they can give you a pill - I don't see how you could drink that much in the amount of time you are suppose to - I was about to throw up by the time I finished pre band - can't imagine doing it (drinking all that crap) w/the band...

Okay back from the day with the OB DR and a surgeon. Symtoms seem like Appendix but my White Blood Count and other labs were fine. Ob did and internal ultrasound and no cysts to be found not pregnant (I told him I was not) BP normal so he sent me to my surgeon that did my liver surgery in 07 he did a fun rectal exam (did not know this but apparently that is the old school way of knowing if it is the appendix or not) When he did that test nothing different as far as pain so so he did labs that came back normal. So he wants to re run labs on Wed and see me again in case today is actually the first day of pain and I got confused due to the cramping of my monthly. He does not want to do a CAT Scan because I had so many in the past and they are just now realizing that CAT scan put out more radiation than they thought so he only likes to do them if the blood work shows something.

"Melissa, is that a banana Spider? We have those in the pecan and oak trees down here. They are everywhere. Skeeters are really bad right now. I have six bites on my leg. I really sprayed down before walking this morning.

"

I asked my Hubby and he said they are different but when I googled it they look the same so only GOD knows

Hugs Melissa - Hope it's nothing more than cramps

Hi everyone,

Just catching up on all the posts. Julie, I hope you get some answers this time around at the mayo. It seems a shame you had to leave and go back again. And congrats on the new baby news!! I'm jealous -- but happy for you and your DD.

Katie is coming home - should be getting home soon -- DH went around 2 to pick her up. Aylah was so very excited. She will spend the mornings at her apt. and have a visiting nurse come in to do her pic line every day (for 3 weeks). Then she will come spend the afternoon with Aylah at our house, have dinner and then her dad will take her home. She won't be driving for awhile either. We don't want her to do too much and get sick again - plus she's very weak. We just want her to heal and get stronger. Aylah will be fine spending the night with us and we'll get her up and off to school every morning.

Sylvia Browne was pretty good - the first hour she did a little lecture -- we felt like she was talking directly to us as it was mostly about adult children taking advantage of parents, not taking care of themselves, etc. As we arrived, we each received a raffle ticket and were told to keep that. Then they drew the tickets and the people who were drawn got to ask one question - she spent the entire second hour doing that -- she made people limit it to one and only one question -- she moved through them quite quickly -- probably about 70 people got questions answered. Sadly, most of the questions were "I lost my job, do you see me working soon?" All in all, it was worth the $32 each we spent on the tickets - we enjoyed it.

Had a nice evening away and swam and soaked in the hotel hot tub (we had one in LA and sure do miss ours) .

Lori, I love NO -- we were there just a week before Katrina -- we were soooo lucky in that regard. But definitely a place I want to visit again -- love the people and hospitality.

Our house is all electric and our bill is $130/month total on a budget -- for heat, air, all appliances, etc We are lucky, but we live in Iowa and it's cheaper to live here. Sometimes I actually pinch myself when I pay that bill, it still seems unreal to me -- even after six years.

Janet, I kept forgetting to tell you that in that pic of you and your girlfriends at the concert, you looked like you were out with your "older" sisters - don't tell your friends I said that but you looked so fabulous and young in that pic!! You looked fantastic!!

Arlene, glad to hear your DD is doing so good and that the new older sister is being so careful of Bethany. I just love little kids with their new siblings - usually so sweet. Sorry to hear the mosquitos love you too - they always love to drink my blood.

Phyl, hope your having a fun trip -- glad you're able to visit family all along the way.

Melissa, hope you're okay -- hope it wasn't appendix. Sure sounded like it though.

Laura, loved all the pics -- you are one busy lady!! Wow, hope you find some time for yourself too.

We got home late yesterday afternoon -- stopped at the store, then I went home and made a bunch of food -- homemade sauce with meatballs, cooked some chicken and made homemade chicken noodle Soup and enough chicken for another casserole. Then I had to make a dessert for this guy at work who won the gourmet dessert of the month raffle we did for Relay for Life -- it was my month to make it -- lucky for me he requested the Buster Bar Dessert - so easy to make -- So I whipped that up and dropped it off to him after my lunch today. So at least there's food there for the gang this week -- maybe Katie will be able to eat and get fattened up a bit. They do have her on some new meds which she said have been helping with her eating -- she's gained several pounds this week -- so that's good.

Apples, you are working today, should be back on line tonght I figure.

Joyce, I love the American Dolls - your GD will love it.

Hopefully things will settle down a bit with me. I did manage to go to Water aerobics this morning. I feel so much better when I can get in the Water and stretch.

CBL. Have a good night everyone,.

Linda

Linda - Thanks ;0) from Left to right Ann will be 55 next month - Linda is 61 - Deb 56 and I'm 55

Glad Katie is coming home that's such a relief

Lori - the pedicure was $66 - plus tip of $20. It is called a spa pedicure and includes exfollient, mositure (with heat) and massage of feet and legs. Takes 2 hours. A real treat in a nice spa.

If I don't spend the $$$$, all the kids ask for it. I made it, I'll spend it. We help all of them lots.

iPhone class was so much fun. About 8 others and we all enjoyed learning. No judging, but I was the oldest and already had mastered it more than any of them. lol

Joyce - I agree 100%

Just a quick nite time fly by...

Thanks for all the compliments girls. : ) Yes, I am busy... BUT... I find that I actually get more things done when I have a packed schedule. I just flounder about if I have nothing planned. I do need to get more diligent about getting the exercise in. I still don't know what my work schedule will be and whether it will change my school volunteer day. Once I get that set- I will PROMISE Cop Janet and others to get my regular workout schedule planned!

Melissa~ Sounds like gyn issue but could be early appendicitis. I am glad they are watching it. Does it hurt when you jump up and down? Any nausea/vomiting? Did they feel a mass? I would have a CT scan if they are unsure. The radiation is NOTHING compared to unnecessary surgery or a ruptured appendix. I need to look up that new tubal thing you had. Seems they fill the tubes with something to block them. Perhaps that formed an abscess or something? Keep us informed.

ok, brag time. Nelson had a private taekwondo lesson today. Next week is testing/tournament and it is optional to do a wood board break. He's never done one and was quite nervous about it. Usually they have them do their first one in class around the other kids, but I didn't want him to have too much pressure. I even told him he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to. Well, his Sensei (2nd degree black belt) and Master (6th degree black belt) talked him into it. He asked DH NOT to come today (which hurt his feelings but I think Nels was just too afraid to let him down). Long story short... HE DID IT! The look on his face was just PRICELESS!!! So proud of his accomplishment! I had tears in my eyes. I didn't take photos in the dojo (actually so emotional that I forgot my camera!!! Can you believe it??!!) So I took this one in the car!

Got my car fixed. The rear wiper/window motor went out and decided I don't need them. $1000 for a window and washer just seemed so high! Took DH shopping for clothes for his trip. He's going overseas in 3 weeks to see his Mom (can't remember if I told you guys). He hasn't seen her in 20 years. LONG STORY. But she is not doing too fell (healthwise) and being around my parents got him emotional. He spoke to his mom for their holiday on Friday and she said she wanted to see him before she died. I don't think she is close to dying, but I do think he needs to go. There is a lot of healing that needs to go on. I think having Nels and I there would be such a handicap. He needs to enjoy some family time and soak up his culture/language/food that he hasn't seen in a while. I will miss him for those two weeks- but it is so necessary. We scored great for him! New suit/shirts/shoes/pants. Had coupons for Men's warehouse. I didn't find any shoes for me. DSW didn't have ANY wide shoes today for some reason! I found one pair of clarks but they had stitching around the sides and DH said they looked like men's slippers..LOL. Not very sexy and decided not to get them. Might order some from zappos- free shipping and free return shipping.

ok guys.. need to hit the hay, new job orientation in the a.m.! Peasout... Laura

Laura - Glad DH is going to see mom - reminds me of moonstruck :0) the DF going to italy to see his dieing mom ;0)

Tell Nelson Congrats !!!

Well - gang - I am having salad for dinner w/my chicken - hungry so going to go eat - cbl

xoxoxo J

viewpost.gif Just spent the afternoon on the phone scheduling appts. When I had my 'well woman' exam 2 weeks ago he suggested I get a colonoscopy, bone density scan and of course mammogram. So have all those scheduled in about 2 weeks, should feel real poked and prodded after that's all done, especially the colonoscopy. I am dreading that. Anyone have one done since banding? Is drinking the liquid the night before an issue?

Lori, I haven't had a colonoscopy since banding.....I have to get one in about six months. Anyway, I know a lady that had one last week......she said that you don't have to drink the gallon size Golightly now. There is something that is about half that amount of liquid. I would definitely tell them about the band. My friend had a colonoscopy after her bypass. The doctor told her to start drinking the stuff earlier in the day so she could get it all down.

Janet, sometimes I just read stuff and skip the key words of the post......glad you caught it.

Laura, I is good your DH is going back to see his mother. Congrats to Nels!

Linda, so happy for your family.... that Katie came through this scare and Aylah will get to see her mom.

Apples,?????

Phyl, I think the picture of Brittany was before she was taken to the nursery to be cleaned up and measured. Does that mean she is going to be a easy going baby.......we will find out soon.

Melissa, don't you have adhesions? Do you think maybe one is forming from the procedure last month? I hope not. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I had appendicitis when I was eight so I don't remember much except being really sick. I am glad you went to the doctor.

Joyce, sounds like a wonderful pedicure.........AH! massage.......well worth the bucks!!!

Goodnight All!

Today I got to school and found out one of my students had been killed over the weekend. He had found the key to a locked gun cabinet and he and his older brother took out the shotgun and the older brother accidentally shot him.

I've had Michael, the boy killed, since 1st grade and he was now in 6th. I also taught the brother who killed him. I've taught two older siblings as well.

I had a very rough day today and cancelled my classes and went to hug my grandchildren.

I just couldn't function at school.

Both those boys were good boys. They worked hard and brought their grades and test scores up. They could be silly but they were never malicious and never disrespectful.

The last time Mikey was in my room I'd had to discipline two boys and after they left he said to me, "I didn't get in any trouble!"

And I replied, "No you didn't! Good Job." Then I gave him his treat and he said, "Thank you." He always said it. And I said, "You're welcome." And now I'll never see him again--not in this lifetime.

His older brother was taken by the police and questioned a long time. I just saw a post by him on Facebook asking for prayers. I was so proud of all the RCS students who responded with love.

Pray for the family and for RCS. We are all in deep shock and mourning.

Cheri

Laura - How exciting that DH will reunite with his family. You are a wise woman to allow this healing to occur without you and Nels. A very loving decision.

Have you tried Shoes, Clothing | Zappos.com Free Shipping You can enter the size, style, brand name, etc to search for exactly what you want. Delivery within 24 hours and free shipping and return. I LOVE IT.

Dansko is a comfortable brand you might investigate.

OMG Cheri - so sad about your students and the accidental shooting and death. I'm soooo sorry.

Hi...IMMM BAACK

Fire Island was amazing this past season. It was just beautiful. Its over and now its back to reality.....Ive tried to skim through all the posts just now but its been about a week so....im sorry wasn't able to keep up them......

Cheri, god what a horrible tragic accident. I'm so sorry for the family you and all the students in your class and school. My heart goes out to you all at this time....keep your strength up Yul need it over the next few weeks. Thinking and praying for you all.

Arlene is that baby smiling?? lol What an adorable new born. She is just beautiful!! Enjoy her thoroughly.

Glad your DD is doing great and there was no complications.

Karen - sorry the wake was so painful for you. In answer to your question, closed casket causes less pain for me. However, not wishing to offend anyone - just my opinion - I believe the whole burial ritual in America is barbaric. Fill the body up with fluids and putting on makeup and closes - why. Why not P.J's, if we are sleeping.

I always said I wanted a tennis dress, racket and a couple cans (new) of balls.

Please - not meaning to offend anyone - just my thoughts.

Our bodies are just the vessel to take us thru this life. Really have nothing to do with the soul/spirit of the person. I've told my girls, when I'm gone - don't visit the graveside, I won't be there. I'll be in the wind, the sound of the chimes on the deck, the invisible person riding in the convertible that passes them on the highway, the traveler boarding the flight, that small voice in their hearts and that warmth wrapping arms around them while they sleep.

ry -

This plan has made me cry and cry. Thanks needed that!! Sometimes it takes what someone says to snap us back into reality...and this BTW is mine as well.

I guess.....I will have a typical Jewish funeral. No open casket that irks me anyways...I believe as well that once your body is considered dead your soul is gone. The body as you said is just a vessel given to us to do work here in earth which is just part of a journey to something else....heaven? another dimension? something....and the body helps us do the work to get to another a higher level or some sort....like a ladder.....we have hands to do good work and legs to help us walk or run to do the good work...eyes to see where to go to do it and a mouth to use to speak good works....

the rest of the body well....to carry those important parts...but its the soul that is important and the body enables the soul to do the work...as the soul cannot. So....we need to do as much good as possible for this earth and to all living things to make this place we are in a better place for all...I digress slightly but the point being....that after we are gone....well the soul moves on...to another level to complete work elsewhere....I also believe that we were meant to do something specific in this world and if we don't complete that we will come back on another body or something...over and over till we get it right....perhaps other souls might be involved and therefore we might get together with them or miss them and come back over and over till we meet the key players...and then complete and thereafter move on to the next level. Its complicated...I think lol.

What is interesting to me...is that in Judaism people are buried in white...a holy garment. I think....If I recall. The men are buried with their teffilin that they have had since their bar mitzvah the profilactics...that are worn daily in prayer and their Tallit...prayer shawl.

I would not have know the above except for when Ron was burried....I asked to keep his talit...because I had it hand made for him in Israel and I loved to see him in that talit every morning...when he prayed. I would wake up and come paddling down the steps and there he would be wrapped up in this beautiful colorful shawl and I would just watch him praying in it for several minuets in awe of his ability to be totally absorbed in his prayer and how I was so proud that he can do that...as my experience with prayer never really was able to reach a deep level....and I was just so inspired by him......

well, suffice to say when I asked for this....I got the strangest looks from his brother...and I was like what?? I loved him and loved this talit it was special...and even if we were divorced Id like Dassi to have it. He said....well thats nice but he needs to be buried with it. That is what a body is wrapped in when buried. hmm never knew that. I still think of this...and after hearing it I thought....you know I could see the importance of this somewhat...he should be comforted with the items that were most special and meaningful and this certainly fit for him..as he did love it as much as me...the relationship with this item out of cloth that was made was uplifted to a holy level...that was nice...

but sill think about that talit and wish Dasi had it for a memory of him.

Me?? again...not sure if really the things we are buried with matter as no matter how holy they are tangible so...its not coming with me...so dust to dust....

A wooden pine box...next to my parents in a cemetary....where ever they will be when that happens. A small ceremony before and at graveside. I guess my child and future anyone still around related...lol will sit Shiva for seven days....talking about me and my crazy life....

After which I would hope that some or all would do something good for this world no matter how minute in the merit of my name.

Well.....pretty morbid....but even today I do things in Ron's name even though...for Dassi sake...whatever we do thats considered a "good dead" I say we are doing this in honor of your Abba...Daddy.....she appreciates it and god I hope he does as well....

Today Julie is off to mayo to get final answers I believe..I hope they are what she wants to hear.

Rosh Hashana was great....The weather was perfect....although more sun would have been preferable but no rain....so yea!! All the food turned out amazing...and that Lamb Tzimmus that I said I would post the recipe for....was gone before the night began! lol

As far as food goes....well not too bad. Got allot of walking in but not enough...it has not been a good week for exerxcize...since we've been back. Sunday night....well its been non stop...the start of the new year for school for Dassi and me and the holidays are basically hell.

I have a meeting every night this week. Last night was training for one agency, tonight is meet the teacher at Dassi school, tomorrow is orientation for my full time position and Thursday is lap band support group. No babysitter so juggling around Grandmas help and friends across the street. I am also working during the day of course 6 hours....lordy lord.....Friday night is Yom Kippur...and then Sunday I need to start cooking for the next holiday which is next Wednesday night again....

Whats keeping me going???? LAS VEGAS!!!!

Printed out the tickets....last night almost forgot to do that. until Mom reminded me.

I am not going to stay at hotel with you guys as much as id like to. My Friend achum yes...him he lives 10 min from hotel and I cant afford to stay at any hotel at the moment after the school clothes, tuition and holidays that are a fortune...but will have a limo pick up and drop off when ever I want it, whatever time that would be...and Jeff knows that the weekend is all Lap Band from Friday till Sunday. He is working anyways Friday-Sunday so he can take off Tuesday to Thursday.

So....I am excited.....just keep me away from the quarter machines...they are seriously addictive.....

well I need to head off to work now.

Have a great day....

Jodi

Hi there, found the motel computer so thought I would tell you we made it here last night and now we are waiting for the bus to Mayo.... My appts aren't until afternoon, but hope to get there early and get in earlier.... The ride wasn't too bad this time, but I paid for it last night..... C an't wait for some help...... I'll try to check in after we get back here tonight.... Hugs to all..... Sorry I didn't get time to read... Hope all are fine.... Julie

Julie - sending our love. Please God, may she receive some answers and be given a plan of treatment for return to pain free life.

Just a fly by...

Cheri~ OMG........ that is so so sad. What a tragedy. Hang in there. Hugs.

Julie~ I am thinking about you! I hope someone there can think outside the box and find a solution. hugs

More car drama. I left to go to MY work... and DH was leaving 15 min after me. I shut my phone off since I was going into a meeting. His car wouldn't start. ALL the cases at the surgery center were waiting on him to arrive. (the CRNAs cannot start until MD is on premises). I felt bad b/c I was just in orientation and could have left but phone was off. DH took a cab. Now, you city folks won't find that odd at all- but we live in BUM FUDge. There is ONE cab company..lol.. and it has one car and one driver. It took them 50 min to pick him up and he smelled of alcohol. After I got out of orientation I came home- had car towed by AAA (starter they think) and then drove my car to hospital and had Hertz pick me up- went there to rent a car. Now have to take Nels to TKD, have a friend pick him up and take boys to dinner, b/c I have curriculum night at his school. (DH is on call tonight.ughhh) The joys of life. I still always say, if this is the toughest stuff I deal with all day............ then I am doing OKAY! : )

My Dad is having a rough time this week. He had to go to the oncologist b/c he's not able to eat or drink much the last two days and has had REALLY bad diarrhea for a couple weeks. Usually he can keep up with fluids but now he can't. His potassium is really low and he's had two days of IV fluids with K+, but my gut tells me he needs to be admitted. Crossing my fingers he's ok. He said last night he is glad he didn't let them take the port out b/c all his veins are shot. SIGH.

peasout............Laura

First off, Cheri, I am so saddened and sorry to read of your students accidental shooting.

and, Laura, about your dad not doing well. Hope he improves soon.

Well my New Orleans trip just got cancelled. So frustrated, I was packed and everything. DH has been so hard to make plans with everything changes. Our last trip to Hawaii took forever to pin down. I know I shouldn't complain and it's his job and sometimes out of his control (but not always), I am lucky to get to do what I do. Now I gotta call the boarding place for the dogs and cancel that, call the book club to tell them never mind I really can be there after all etc. Oh well.

JOdi, is that a Jewish belief as well about the soul coming back to finish it's work? I never realized that, I am learning a lot from you. Also about the prayer shawl, I am sure Dassi would've cherished something like that of her fathers, but am sure there are other things. Did the prayer shawl have the blue cords on it? I remember reading about those some where.

Apples, where are you today? Usually you are home on Tuesdays, hope all is well.

Julie, hope you are getting some answers!

Hope the car starter virus isn't contagious like the dead battery one was several months ago.

Oh forgot to mention, guess what I finally bought (at least I think I forgot to mention LOL), I got a full length mirror at Ikea when DD was here. I've been standing in front of it at least once a day, not naked yet but am trying to really study my body shape so I can hopefully get rid of this distorted body image I have.

Julie - sending our love. Please God, may she receive some answers and be given a plan of treatment for return to pain free life.

AMEN! Julie, HUGs! HUGS! HUGS!