Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good afternoon 'chickies' (stealilng Apples word of the day). Bummer DH just called and has to go out of town tomorrow again, I think this is going to be the new way things are. Once the wedding is over, I hope to be able to pick up and go with him a lot. He's off to Phoenix again and I am sure I could find some sunshine and a pool with a lounge chair by it at a hotel some place.

Apples, you go to that support meeting with your head held high. I know some of those comments come from pure jealousy. I stopped going to mine for some of the same reasons. I was a 'newbie' as well and way past many of them in terms of weight loss and most of them were bypass as well and would make comments all the time about how slow I was going to lose my weight with the band. Well look who's laughing now, I'm at goal and it took only a year to do it. That and the fact that after being asked to be a leader for it, going through the Obesity Help training etc. the gal over support groups decides she wants someone else. So I got ticked and stopped going. Of course, when this someone else said no, she came scrambling back but the damage was done as far as I was concerned. I have thought of going back and was actually going to go this week but totally spaced it out on Tues. night.

Our weather is gorgeous today in the 70's the past 2 days but they say 5 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow. EGADS!! Maybe I will go with DH to PHX!

Great - Soon the wedding will be behind and you can pick the perfect lounge chair by the pool with a great book - then share dinner with DH.

So interesting that the "support" groups are NOT providing support. Women can be so jealous of each other, which only proves how insecure they are.

Our support group usually has 60+ people. I've only gone twice and both were "complaint fests". Mostly those having issues with NOT following the standards and using the band - expecting the band to do it ALL.

I continue to go b/c I pick up a few hints here and there.

This afternoon was spent in the home office pulling together all the info needed for our accountant to prepare our personal taxes. So glad I've completed it and can turn it over to him/her.

Beautiful high 60's today - but expecting snow again on Saturday. Please, please - may spring come soon.

My first fill will be 4/7 and I'm ready. Hunger waits outside the door - all the time.

Joyce in KC

Good afternoon 'chickies' (stealilng Apples word of the day). Bummer DH just called and has to go out of town tomorrow again, I think this is going to be the new way things are. Once the wedding is over, I hope to be able to pick up and go with him a lot. He's off to Phoenix again and I am sure I could find some sunshine and a pool with a lounge chair by it at a hotel some place.

Apples, you go to that support meeting with your head held high. I know some of those comments come from pure jealousy. I stopped going to mine for some of the same reasons. I was a 'newbie' as well and way past many of them in terms of weight loss and most of them were bypass as well and would make comments all the time about how slow I was going to lose my weight with the band. Well look who's laughing now, I'm at goal and it took only a year to do it. That and the fact that after being asked to be a leader for it, going through the Obesity Help training etc. the gal over support groups decides she wants someone else. So I got ticked and stopped going. Of course, when this someone else said no, she came scrambling back but the damage was done as far as I was concerned. I have thought of going back and was actually going to go this week but totally spaced it out on Tues. night.

Our weather is gorgeous today in the 70's the past 2 days but they say 5 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow. EGADS!! Maybe I will go with DH to PHX!

Yep, I agree......jealous, insecure, and some people are just MEAN. I don't have that problem with the few supports I went to......all of them were gastric bypass and they had lost way more than me. I will start my new class next Tuesday. I am ready.

YIKES! snow......it is in the 70's here.....so should I expect more cold coming?

How are the wedding plans going? When are your parents coming in?

Okay, gang.......later!

Better clarify...my support leaders are great and so are many that are in the group. I have had quite a few "side" comments while walking out, etc. and some comments right during the support meetings. It's usually one of the "slow" losers that have made comments. Lovely meeting today though. What I notice is that it is usually the more successful banders that are upbeat and positive that are the most supportive. Was a small group and very friendly. I am very lucky, our leaders are both my surgeons nurses and have been banded. They are both truly lovely ppl and very supportive. They now my struggles. Ppl just don't think b/4 they blurt sometimes. Anyway, my meeting went great even though I had myself worked into a tizzy and ready to defend myself.

Heading over to our get-together. Should be fun. Frying fish, visiting with neighbors. Have a good evening!

You guys are the best DANGED support group ever! (Sound like I live on a farm)

Good evening girlies~

Hope everyone is doing ok. Relatively slow day on the thread. Where is everyone?!

Janet~ Hope the dinner went well for GS bday. Also, confession is good for the soul... I haven't been to the gym this week. Monday and Tuesday had an excuse- the vertigo. Yesterday was hair appt at 930, can't go after color and all that time blowing dry straight/straight Iron, etc. Today had appt with DH at 10, then lunch after with DH before he was on call. Then grocery shopping- brought them home- then ran to get Nels- then TKD- then home. See? Tomorrow I will go. whewww, I feel better.

Apples~ How did your support group meeting go? Glad the weather was better. : ) And LOVE that you appreciated the garbage truck. Nels smiled when I told him.

Great~ sorry DH is OOT. : ( And 70s and then 5-10 inches of snow?! OMW......... that is just crazy!!! HUGS on wedding stuff. DD is so lucky to have you! Have you told her that lately?

Joyce~ Your fill is around the corner! Hang in there!!! You are doing great! I still think of Lady Zucchini every time I read your name. I did tell you Cousa is Arabic for zucchini right? Cousa mashi is stuffed. :unsure:

Julie~ How are you feeling? One thing I was thinking of... when you get the pain, how long has it usually been since you took a pain pill? Sometimes there is rebound pain as your body is just without the Vicodin. Do they have you on a 24 hr anti-inflammatory like Celebrex (or one in that class). (not sure if you can take that b/c of your previous stomach surgery... or any other GI problems). Just was thinking about that. I really really really think you need to push for this MRI. It is just not fair. I think you have had enough pain and suffering and should have an answer. IMHO. HUGS.

Phyl~ Was thinking of you today and wondering how your friend who had surgery is. How is your back pain- sleeping any better?

LauraK~ How did your hair come out? Corn beef... hmmm. green mashed potatoes? LOL

And everyone else... HELLO! I don't go past one page of postings. Too much CRS syndrome! LOL

Nels is asleep. House is clean. Laundry is done. DH is @ work/on call. Life doesn't get much better than this. : ) Talk to you all in the morning.... peasout... Laura

Hi ladies,............. tv is very boring tonight... NCAA basketball on the channel we usually watch and ND boys BB on another.... I was hoping for a nice relaxing evening... I'm thinking about heading out to the hot-tub with a book...... Might make sleeping better tonight, too...

I had my PT and she said to back off the hour massage and only do a 1/2 hour light massage next time... Don't have one until 3-31 and don't have PT again for a week... My body will get a rest.. We'll see how that goes. Did a little shopping today.. I felt my LBT sisters on my shoulder when I went to Old Navy because I heard they were having a sale on skirts and dresses.... I actually tried some on and bought one skirt and one sundress type....I can't wear it without a tank or something under it, otherwise I'd have to go bra-less and that just can't happen anymore...... I got it in blue and put a white tank under it when I got home and thought it looked okay... The other skirt has a peasant look...in brown... will look good with sandals and a cute tank or shirt and jacket.... So, there... I shopped for clothes.... XXL in the dress and but XL in the skirt... yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wearing a pair of jeans today that I've had quite some time and finally was able to get them on... I haven't really lost much weight but must be changing shapes or something... I'll take it....

Apples, glad you decided to head back to your group... Just for pride purposes especially... Don't let them chase you away with their stupid comments... I got asked today if I go to a support group.... I said, "Yup, I have the very best support group ever... they are all over the US and are right at the tips of my fingers every minute of every day." Can't beat that..... Thanks to all of you..........

Joyce and Lori and Arlene and Laura, you are all having nice weather.. Hope you don't get all that snow and/or cold weather again... Arlene, you don't need anymore temperature changes... We had 40's today so only took a light jacket with me while out today... I was too warm most of the time... Laura, I like to come home to a clean house, too, but it only happens if I leave it that way when I go somewhere and DH and Mimi come with me!!! Enjoy your cleaning girls... Wish I had some....

Well, I think I'm going to head to the hot-tub... I'll check back later to see if anyone is here sharing their lives with us..... See ya.......... Julie

Oops, almost forgot to say to Apples that I ate about 3-4 oz of roast beef tonight with a few carrots and onions... Got full... Not looking for more food yet......

Ok got to rant..........

Watching the show Bones and they were talking about a women that was killed in a fire. They said something they found was a Lapband remains, checked the serial # traced it. yada yada. Then they all made comments about "oh that's how she lost 100 lbs, so much for will power" That really burned my a$$. When they show that sh!t on tv what kind of message are they sending all over the country.

Whew got that off my chest.

Julie and Laura, yes green mashed potatos. Something my Mom always did for holidays. We didn't have a lot of $ so she would make the day special by making meatloaf shaped like hearts, clovers, pumpkins and then make mashed potatos colored for the corresponding holiday. I just continued that for my kids, told them they were a special kind of holiday potato. We even have made red, white & blue. Now my kids are 23 & 20 and they still want me to do that well at least my DS does. Took them a long time to figure out that I was putting food coloring in them.

I go tomorrow to get a fill, we'll see how much. I can say this is the first time that I have payed enough attention to the hunger and when it starts. Been thinking & I confess even snaking a bit. Ok Laura said confession was good for the soul so there it is.

Apples, glad you went to your meeting. Got you out and about so that gargage truck might not be so fascinating. lol

Take Care everyone.

Laura K

Hello,

I was banded March 6th 2009. I have lost 90 lbs, I had my 4th fill two days ago, and I feel terrible. I have pain across my stomach and I feel achey all over and there seems to be pressure under my sturnum.

I did not feel like this on my 3rd fill back in May. Does anyone know what is going on and will it go away?

Any thoughts you have would help me get through this.

For the Kids - congrats on 90 lbs. lost. I'm only 5 weeks post-op and can't help, but many others here will respond.

Hang on.

Joyce in KC

Ok got to rant..........

Watching the show Bones and they were talking about a women that was killed in a fire. They said something they found was a LAP-BAND® remains, checked the serial # traced it. yada yada. Then they all made comments about "oh that's how she lost 100 lbs, so much for will power" That really burned my a$$. When they show that sh!t on tv what kind of message are they sending all over the country.

Whew got that off my chest.

Julie and Laura, yes green mashed potatos. Something my Mom always did for holidays. We didn't have a lot of $ so she would make the day special by making meatloaf shaped like hearts, clovers, pumpkins and then make mashed potatos colored for the corresponding holiday. I just continued that for my kids, told them they were a special kind of holiday potato. We even have made red, white & blue. Now my kids are 23 & 20 and they still want me to do that well at least my DS does. Took them a long time to figure out that I was putting food coloring in them.

I go tomorrow to get a fill, we'll see how much. I can say this is the first time that I have payed enough attention to the hunger and when it starts. Been thinking & I confess even snaking a bit. Ok Laura said confession was good for the soul so there it is.

Apples, glad you went to your meeting. Got you out and about so that gargage truck might not be so fascinating. lol

Take Care everyone.

Laura K

Yes, LauraK..it felt sooooooooooo good to get out of the house. 5 days in a row was way too much. Leaning my arms on the kitchen counter watching that garbage truck was my WAKE UP CALL.

I found some Columbia pants in a 2 long (yep, I wear a 2 long) for $4.44. And, a Relativity sweater for $6.00. All packed away for next winter. Also, sitting around the campfire sweat pants for $4.00 each....sooooo...I bought 5 pair....you can never have enough. I also found a Jones NY sweater to go with another shell I have for $6.00. Life is good!:unsure:

Hello,

I was banded March 6th 2009. I have lost 90 lbs, I had my 4th fill two days ago, and I feel terrible. I have pain across my stomach and I feel achey all over and there seems to be pressure under my sturnum.

I did not feel like this on my 3rd fill back in May. Does anyone know what is going on and will it go away?

Any thoughts you have would help me get through this.

All I can say is to pat yourself on the back for the 90lbs. lost. Wonderful. The next thing I have to say is that you might just be too tight. Call your doc, tell him your symptoms. He might just want to unfill you a bit. Gotta be comfortable with your restriction. Let us know how things go. And...welcome

Lots of stuff going on again.

Great...well if you come to Phoenix, let me know...I'll take the day off if I can and meet you. It's only a couple of hours away. Glad you haven't heard from future MIL again......as many concerns as you've had, it still is the kids' decision and their lives. Hope she isn't one of the meddlesome MIL's.

Julie, I haven't been able to color my hair myself successfully yet. I miss spots and when it grows out, I get that dreaded "line" that is so much more noticeable than when my professional does it. I really like having my hair colored...it looks natural and when it does start to grow out it just sort of blends. That's why I pay him the big bucks...it's one of my few personal indulgences. Sorry about your shoulder again. I take it you are still fighting for that MRI.

Apples....yep you needed to get out....great deals on the clothes too, wow!! Glad your support meeting went well too. It's a nice surprise that you didn't have to defend yourself.

Janet, I hope your dinner went well tonight. Tell Andrew Happy Birthday. Hope your job calms down some. There is only so much stress that you can take before you rip someone's head off.

Phyl, great posts. Yep I do believe prayer can make a lot of difference. The joining of kindred souls praying for something can be an amazing thing.

Joyce, Jodi, Charlene, Laura, LauraK...and I know I'm missing people...Hi, glad to hear you are all hanging in there.

It's getting to ge the end of the week and I'm tired still. I just don't sleep enough...go to bed late and get up early. Work is still busy and that won't stop any time soon, but at least I'm not in a rant about it right now.

I've been listening to audio books again and so I haven't been so good about being on line....it's one distraction or another.

Okay, I'll check in again tomorrow (hopefully). Think I need to go relax.

Eva

I had my first post - op yesturday and I cannot believe I lost 16 pds!!! I was like....no way. I dont feel like I did; I dont see it for sure....but thats what their scale says...and apparently they pride themselves on their scale. lol

I can now eat mushies...and thank god....as youve all heard I could not stand another day of just Clear Liquids and Protein Drinks.

SO...after I came home from the doctors I sat and had a tablespoon of cottage cheese...and let me tell you...that was like a little heaven!!! SO, yummy. It was the most delicious thing Ive ever eaten!!!!

Today...I had the same. (sad but true)

Tomorrow....I think something else maybe...lol

I asked the doctor...about what exactly happened to me...and why....after explaining I felt alot better!!!

Turns out it wasnt a prefil at that was put in and had to be taken out. What happened was...... apparently what happened was....they put the band in and yes your right its not filled with solution its empty however....when the surgeons attach the band to the port..air does get in the band which secures a tight fit around the area its placed. In my case the area around it became too tight due to the normal inflamation and so to relieve the tighteness that was causing the liquid to not pass easily....too slowely.....he took out whatever air was in their.....due to the attachement above right away the band fit like a glove..as its supposed to. I was on only clear liquids this whole week to help with the reduction of the inflamation..over the week...and I feel great now!!

I actually dont feel like I had surgery at all. I feel really good. Ive been taking the vitamins....and all that other stuff..but bottom line...im feeling fine.

I dont feel the port or incision at all and all the gas pains have dissipated.....Im a happy camper.

Ill have to eat mushies for a month and April 14th I go back. Im happy to eat mushies!! Yea

Hope everyone had a great day!

Have a good night.

Jods

I was banded 07-14-2009 it seems like I'm in band hell.....The weight just is not moving enough for me I think I have lose 30 pounds since then ...i REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO ANY IDEAS.....

Phyl~ Was thinking of you today and wondering how your friend who had surgery is. How is your back pain- sleeping any better?

Nels is asleep. House is clean. Laundry is done. DH is @ work/on call. Life doesn't get much better than this. : ) Talk to you all in the morning.... peasout... Laura

Gotta keep this short because it's midnight and I need to go to bed! Our little friend is dong SO much better. They got her up in a chair today and were planning to walk her tonight. She was complaining that they were STARVING her to death and she hasn't had anything to eat since Sunday, so a good indicator that she is better!!! Complaining, and hungry!! LOL! Wait until she realizes that she's missing all the basketball games!!! She is a BASKETBALL FANATIC!! She's going to be really mad... and she has a little TV right there next to her bed on a big telescoping arm tat she could pull right over in front of her! It never dawned on me until we were back home that she's missing her tournament games!!

36_8_2.gif 18_8_8.gif

Back was hurting some today and I had to really back off on the Water exercises. I kept moving for the whole hour, but quite a few of the exercises were hurting so I went easy!