Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning. I got a strange email this morning and don't know quite how to respond. It's from DD's future MIL asking me if DH or I have any concerns about this marriage. HUH? Why now 10 days before the wedding? We did have major concerns mainly about his passion for very expensive cars and electronics and debt situation, but that seems to be taking care of itself (he's decided to sell most of it), I know she had major concerns when they got engaged and caused lots of grief for them, but thought she was okay now. Just not sure what to say to her.

Plan for the day is to get my hair cut and colored and clean house and do laundry. It's gotten away from me and I have dust bunnies all over.

Apples, I think our situation is very similar. You wanting to wander but can't because the farm makes DH so happy. Me wanting to put down some roots for a change and DH's job making him wander. This promotion he got has been what he's wanted for years, I just couldn't hold him back from it. I know if I said no he wouldn't have pursued it. That means a lot to me too. Utah isn't the end of the world, it's an hour by air from Denver and I'll survive as long as we are together. I've loved all our previous moves, but this one is different. I am leaving family this time and mainly by family I just mean my kids and grandma, the rest doesn't phase me much. In fact it might be good to have some distance with the rest of them! :wub:

Janet, how are your feeling today? Did you end up having to stay home?

Phyl, look out I beat you once on Suduko, I'm getting better! I'm about half way through the games you sent me.

Morning....on page 615...will have to catch up tonight.

Just wanted to say hi....have a great day!

Eva

Great...I guess at this stage of the game it's up to DD and fiance if they take the leap or not. They took a good look at their situation and THEY made the decision to marry and I am sure at this point they have somewhat of a clue what they are getting into. If not, they will have to work at their differences. DD grew up watching loving parents with a good marraige and most likely picked up the skills to work on what she needs to. I guess if it were me I would just email MIL back and say it's in the kid's and God's hands right now. If they truly love each other, they can overcome anything. Comes a time when you gotta let their lives become their own. They've made their decision and all you can do is wish them well and hope for the best. Just my opinion.

My house sounds like yours, Great. Haven't done much since we got home because of feeling funky but really need to hit it and get some things done. Have a good start on it today. Want to change the closets over to spring but such a huge project and it will need to wait for another day. Did start and put it on hold.

Jodi....don't envy you on the Protein Drinks. I could have never done it. I, too, could only smell the Protein in them and could not choke them down. Hoping your time goes by quickly and you can start the next stage soon.

Morning....on page 615...will have to catch up tonight.

Just wanted to say hi....have a great day!

Eva

Hey, Busy Girl...been missin' ya!:wub:

Good morning sunshines.:wub:

Another morning running around like chickens without heads! Nels just did NOT want to get up this morning. "5 more minutes mom." Then I finally told him if we didn't get to school on time- then I won't be allowed to come eat lunch with him today. He JUMPED out of bed! : ) On Tuesdays they allow two kids to have their parents come eat lunch with them. There are 25 kids and they rotate the names. So you only get to lunch 2-3 times a whole year- so wouldn't miss it for the world. And they get to invite a friend to come join you. He's picking his girlfriend, Alexia. awwww.

I have a cold today too. Apples, you and I are so alike it is scary. I also get vertigo when I get stuffy.:laugh: I am feeling it starting today, and am trying to get red of the sniffles. Yesterday after not sleeping/starting to get a cold/having some mild vertigo......... i thought to myself, if I get pulled over by the cops, they will for sure think I am under the influence! Besides this cold, I am feeling tight today. Air/burping sound just keeps escaping. Might not eat at lunch- wouldn't want to "educate" the kids on the wonders of a PB.:smile:

Janet~ sorry to hear about the stress at work. :tongue2: It seems more and more companies are trying to squeeze every last drop out of their employees. hugs.

Great~ Have fun getting beautified today. And what a strange thing for DD's future MIL to ask you this close to the wedding?! WTF???? What are you going to do? Ask her if she knows something you don't?

Phyl~ You crack me up finding an icon thing for making a bed! WOWZA! ANd your jewelry is pretty. I don't' have the patience for that kind of stuff, but it is nice. :thumbup: I like this one, although I don't know what the letters mean (:smile2:)

Jodi~ How are the Protein Shakes going? You had me laughing about the smell. I always thought about how cool living in NYC would be. But I love having a car and driveway. And city living is so expensive. The plus side is ALWAYS being close to something fun to do.

Cheri~ WTG on the weight.

Oh, Meredith wrote on her Facebook "is so excited for St. Patrick's day that sleep will not come! 'Tis the eve of my favorite day of the year!!!!!" She has photos of her last st pattys day.

Spoke to my parents this morning. Dad had chemo (2 different ones) yesterday and he is hanging in there. His bloodsugar was 475 last night and he felt pretty crappy. His dr is still encouraged by his other labs and the way his kidney is hanging in there. Mom FINALLY went to the dr for this foot pain she has had for a month. When she was here I told her it needed to be checked and might be gout. No injury, just pain and swelling to the top of foot. BINGO.. it's gout. One day on the meds and she feels better. I worry for her b/c she wears herself out. She does EVERYTHING and won't delegate at all. They are really looking forward to our Easter visit. : )

ok guys, I better go get dressed and ready. I have to pack my lunch box and get outta here..LOL.:tt1:

peasout... Laura

Apples, that's sortta the response I've written so far. I've written something and saved it in my drafts to go back and read later today and if it still sounds right i will send it. Thanks for the input. I just don't get what she's trying to do, stir the pot at this late stage? In fact, I've invited them to dinner several times thinking if we were going to be co-inlaws would be good to get to know one another better, she's never taken me up on the offer and now wants to discuss this in an email? I think DD is going to have one challenging MIL going forward.

OK Laura...asking a medical opinion here. Will sign any waivers, disclaimers, etc. Should have gone to doc for vertigo but just the same old crap that doesn't help and if a virus, I know to just ride it out. My question...do decongestents help or would they just make things more dry? My nose never runs so don't know if decongestents would just dry things up more.

And, Laura...happy to hear some positives with your dad. I am sure it is a daily struggle for all of you but sounds like the chemo is doing it's job. I think of his situation often (and how tough this is on you and your family)

Sometimes I wish all my moves were in the same city but mine have been coast to coast. But I have also enjoyed living in various parts of the country and learning the different 'cultures'. Sure they've all been US cities but it's very different living in say Utah and Las Vegas or California vs east coast. Though I thought this time we were going to plant roots, guess not. I'm trying to be upbeat about this move but am struggling some.

Hardest move for me was in 1991 when we moved from WA back to OK with Boeing. DH had an offer for a management job, so we went. Our two oldest were living in WA at the time and our three oldest grandchildren were toddlers. It was a heartbreaker! DH said 5-7 years and it turned in to more than 15 yrs before we moved back! So I can relate to your pain in this upcoming move!

Hope you all have a great day. Hope everyone's work day is pleasant. Hope Phyll gets that damned earring done so we can finally see the final product. LOL. Now I'd better hit the shower and at least get dressed and finish the projects I started this morning. Later.

The earring is close to done! But I'm fighting the urge to go to beading again today to force myself to work on my unfinished projects, including the earring. Conflict is.. I really need to start the taxes!! Have I mentioned that before??? :wub::biggrin::tongue2: Software is now installed on DH's laptop, and I located last years' backup on a jump drive, so I have no more road blocks and need to just do it! Then I can relax and enjoy my other projects!!

Hope you are feeling better soon... and the flooding issues get resolved quickly!!

Phyl, look out I beat you once on Suduko, I'm getting better! I'm about half way through the games you sent me.

I wish that site would send a message when someone has played a game! I never know! I did go look for the one that you won! Excellent! I sure enjoy that game! I always add DH to every game... so I play my turns and then play his and try to beat my score! You see why it's so hard to get my "projects" finished!!!

Apples, that's sortta the response I've written so far. I've written something and saved it in my drafts to go back and read later today and if it still sounds right i will send it. Thanks for the input. I just don't get what she's trying to do, stir the pot at this late stage? In fact, I've invited them to dinner several times thinking if we were going to be co-inlaws would be good to get to know one another better, she's never taken me up on the offer and now wants to discuss this in an email? I think DD is going to have one challenging MIL going forward.

I would actually find it challenging to respond to her email AT ALL. Especially if she has never made the attempt to come to your home for dinner after being invited a number of times. Plain and simple...very rude. DH and I may be different than most but we only offer our opinion with the DS's and their relationships when asked. Otherwise we feel that something said would just come back and haunt us. Plus, never want to place the seed of doubt. Have always told my boys that when they make their choice with a mate, I will accept.

Laura...I, too, get tight when I have vertigo. And, that under the influence look you talk about? DH always tells me that I look like I got hit with a sack of nickels. Puffy face and bags bigger than some of the Coach purses I have seen.

Yep, Phyll...get those taxes done and out from hanging over your head. There's a real "freeing" feeling when things like that get done.

Is vertigo contagious like dead batteries? I battled taht yesterday and to a small extent this morning. I am being lazy and still have not started on t his house, now my excuse is I have to leave in 20 min for my hair appt. so guess it'll still be here this afternoon. DH is gone today to Phoenix so I have lots of time. Eva, is Phoenix near you? I almost went with him but have too much to do with wedding coming up.

Is vertigo contagious like dead batteries? I battled taht yesterday and to a small extent this morning. I am being lazy and still have not started on t his house, now my excuse is I have to leave in 20 min for my hair appt. so guess it'll still be here this afternoon. DH is gone today to Phoenix so I have lots of time. Eva, is Phoenix near you? I almost went with him but have too much to do with wedding coming up.

Yup...seems to be most things on this thread are contagious. Dead batteries, vertigo, a true dislike for Protein drinks, sh_tty days at work, knee replacements, dust bunnies, crappy attitudes, kid toubles, P.B.ing, etc., etc., etc.,:wub:

On the vertigo...I'm not a doctor, or a nurse, but I have had severe vertigo several times. Decongestants help me when the vertigo is due to allergies or a cold. The Fluid gets in my ears and messes up my balance. So the decong. dry up the fluid and the vertigo gets better.

Hope that helps, Apples!

On the vertigo...I'm not a doctor, or a nurse, but I have had severe vertigo several times. Decongestants help me when the vertigo is due to allergies or a cold. The Fluid gets in my ears and messes up my balance. So the decong. dry up the fluid and the vertigo gets better.

Hope that helps, Apples!

Vertigo really sucks, doesn't it? Affects everything you try to do. I still don't dare to drive today due to it. Thanks for the info, Deb. Gonna give it a try