Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Had my first dinner out at a nice restaurant with friends who do NOT know about my band. They didn't notice a thing. One hurdle down - should be easier every time I do it. It was my birthday dinner (67 yuk) - or the 17th anniversary of my 50th b'day. lolol

I feel empowered that I can pull this off and not share the private decision I've made. Joyce

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Joyce!!!

:scared2::party::thumbup:

Good job on the birthday dinner!

I'm not far behind you!! I'll be 67 in November~~!!

But I feel about 32!! LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOYCE

:w00t::cake::scared2::cool2::cake::thumbup::cool2::rose:

Thank you ladies for all the greetings.

Joyce

OMG, I missed a lot today... so much to read and try to remember...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOYCE........ Be happy with 67... the alternative isn't that great....... that's how I look at getting older.... I'd rather be older than dead just yet... Have things I want to do yet.... so I happily tell people how old I ammm

Apples, sorry about DS's Water problems.. Did they get things cleaned up?? Sounds like we're going to have a big mess here in ND again this year, too.... Expecting 50 tomorrow so it's going to melt fast....

Janet, glad you are feeling better...

Laura, so happy to hear your mom got help for gout.. My dad had it along with his leukemia and it was so painful for him.... glad they could help her... Your dad is doing well so far... great news... Easter will be a good time for all of you... How's our little John Deere lover.???

Lori, you are handling things well with this woman... I'd want to slap her.... She has a lot of nerve... and she should be voicing these concerns to her son.... has she talked to him... or them..... or just you..??? Is she just trying to upset you??? What a not-nice person.. Hope your DD doesn't have to have mil problems right from the start...... You take it easy...

I'm not remembering alot else... Lots of veritgo problems... hope you are all better soon....

I had a busy day with PT this morning... driving in the pea-soup type fog for 36 miles was no fun... but made it fine.... my massage got cancelled.... got my perm at 5:00 so I'm curly with lots of body again... maybe a bit shorter than I like, but it will grow... Hate the smell, but this too shall pass.... Had a bad food day today... not too many calories, just not the right foods... This is a problem for me... I have no desire to eat meat often... Have to force it and don't.... eggs are my go to Protein and I didn't have any today....

Well, got a couple things to do before bed so will say goodnight for now... I'll try to do better with everyone tomorrow.... Where is that Meredith girl??? We gotta get her back soon.... I miss hearing about her life..... Night all........... Julie

Happy Birthday Joyce!

So far no more responses from DD's future MIL. When DD first got engaged she sat them down and listed a whole list of 'concerns' she went so far as to say my DD needed pshychiatric help! So yes she has voiced issues to her and her son before. She has gone far enough that she may lose a relationship forever. I just don't get what she thought she was going to accomplish by dragging me into it 10 days before the wedding. The woman has infuriated me and it is goign to be hard to be civil to her at the wedding. And now I am worried what will she do at the wedding.

Apples, sorry to hear about your son's flooding, hope they got it cleaned up okay and that the repairs aren't too costly.

Arlene, hoping for good test results.

Oh my, just scanned the posts....

Janet, sorry about the job being so frustrating....I completely understand...do more for less money....and don't do a crappy job, you have to do a quality job because we are watching you....blah...blah....blah....oh well, we have to keep plugging away for a while longer. We will get through it.

For all you vertigo people, so sorry....hope it clears up for you...I get it too sometimes, just not right now.

JOYCE--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Oooppps hit enter too soon.

Jessica, good luck on your move, it will go just fine. The B grade is alright...you are still doing really well. Keep going to class, you too will get through it.

Phyl, get those taxes done....ours just dropped off at the CPA last week. Beautiful beadwork too!!

Charlene, hope they can find something with your CT scan. Take care of yourself.

Jodi...oowwww....protein drink on couch...yuck. Not my favorite thing either. But I do drink them once in a while. I use Isopure and it's not great, but not too bad either.

Okay, I can't remember anymore...sorry to those I've missed...Great, Cheri, LauraK.....HI

We just had "date" night at a tapas restaurant...drank too much Sangria and the food was pretty good....little plates of food was very nice.

Busy at work as usual and I'm listening to a book on tape, so I'm distracted. I'll be more attentive after I finish this book.

Have a good night everyone.

Eva

Turned out to be an unusual day. Our "old" friends from OK.. the ones who are here for the winter in their RV... we knew them from Winnebago club when we lived in OK.. we get together with them several times over the winter for lunch. They don't get here until well into January, and they usually leave about mid-March... so we were to meet them Thursday for lunch as they head home next Tuesday. Well, this afternoon we had a phone call from him to tell us his wife was in emergency surgery. He sounded very scared and near tears, so we just dropped everything and headed to the hospital. They are both 87 years old!! She is extremely frail and has asthma and other lung issues. She's a tiny little thing... doctor said her bowel was twisted and he thought he was going to have to do a colostomy. But, he was able to repair the problem without taking that drastic of a measure. Their daughter was flying in this evening from OK, so then he won't be alone.

So that took several hours of our aftenroon. When we got home, I started working on the taxes again! I'd just started them when we left So, it's about midnight and I have them almost done. Just have to wait for AmEx to post a couple of last year's statements for me so I can see what we spent on dental and eyeglasses.. we may meet the 7.5% for last year! We both got glasses and had some pricey dental work done. But as soon as those lsat few things are entered,, I'll be done! Got NO beading done today at all. I went up intending to stay for an hour or so, but apparently she had a small turnout today. So the last lady was leaving and teacher was packing up her stuff!

And that was my day!

Woke up sick again this morning, uggh. Woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. I just have so much on my mind (plate). We are moving when I get back from my brothers so I have 2 weeks to get everything ready to go. The past 2 moves I was in tears the whole time because I was stressed out. Hopefully things will be better this time. I have been feeling better lately, though, I do still feel over stressed by the move. I just feel flooded by all the new "to do's". My husband keeps reminding me though that it will so be worth it. It is just a few weeks and then we will be sitting in the jacuzzi relaxing. I need to remember all that I have accomplished lately and that I can do this.

I'm up early, too... My shoulder pain just woke me up and I took half a vicodin and have heat on it... Maybe it won't get crazy.. It's been doing better lately.... dang it!!!

Jessica, I understand why you feel so swamped with all you have to do.... But your DH is right... You can do this and it will be so worth it... Last time you were moving in with you in-laws.... This time you are leaving to start a new chapter in your life with all these new positives you have created for yourself... You are going to be tired and maybe even a bit crabby, but it will be just what you need to have your own place and make all your own decisions again... Your attitude is all up to you.... And I'm positive you cana do this... You have come so far, don't let this little moving thing set you back..... There..............that's your pep talk..... Remember you have this whole bunch of mothers and sisters to pull for you here.... Stay in touch and let us help you through it.... Try to have a good day now...

Eva, you stay so busy, but you seem to find time for everything... You must be an organized person....

Phyll, good you could be there for you friends... And you'll get your taxes done.. It's just so nice to have them over and done with.. We had ours done 2-2 and filed 2-4.... Just found out last Friday that there was some problem.... I couldn't figure out why our refund hadn't come yet... So, I went into the website and find out and it said there was a problem.... Called our CPA and he said he fixed it, so should be a couple weeks now... Hoping anyway...

I'm going to try to get back to sleep... It's about time for DH to get up so I might just shut the door and crawl back in and see if I can get back to sleep for a bit.. Mimi comes at 10:00 today.... My cancelled massage from yesterday is now today at 3:30.... That should help some, too...

Talk to you all later.... Julie

Woke up sick again this morning, uggh. Woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. I just have so much on my mind (plate). We are moving when I get back from my brothers so I have 2 weeks to get everything ready to go. The past 2 moves I was in tears the whole time because I was stressed out. Hopefully things will be better this time. I have been feeling better lately, though, I do still feel over stressed by the move. I just feel flooded by all the new "to do's". My husband keeps reminding me though that it will so be worth it. It is just a few weeks and then we will be sitting in the jacuzzi relaxing. I need to remember all that I have accomplished lately and that I can do this.

You will get through this, Jessica. Just try to calm yourself. First of all, just keep a note pad with you to jot things down that come to mind that you need to do. Don't become overwhelmed by this list. Just see it as your aid during the move. It helps to just have one list instead of many. Just check duties off this list as you you go along.

Next, delegate. Yep, ask anyone you can to give you a hand. DH, DS, MIL, FIL, friends. You cannot take on the world all by yourself. Nothing wrong with asking for help.

And, not the end of the world if you do not have everything ready to go with one trip. What if it took you longer than that one weekend to move? Would it be the end of the world? The move is going to happen whether you smile through it all or cry through it all.

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well today. Take care and hope you are better very soon.:scared2:

Good morning girls~

Woke up with a terrible crick in my neck. So, Julie- I have a taste of what you have. Although no pain pills available! This happens after I have had vertigo symptoms for a couple days- you try so hard not to move your neck, and then by not moving your neck you cause muscle spasm. Vicious cycle.

Julie~ hope you feel better and get some more rest. : ) Thanks for asking about our John Deere Boy. He's doing great. Yesterday I had lunch at his school. He was able to pick a friend and we got to leave the class and go have a picnic. They were so funny, had me laughing. I had picked them both up a pumpkin bread muffin and they barely ate their lunch in anticipation! Every day I put a note in Nels' lunch box. Usually it has a picture of something I found on the internet. He saves them in a drawer and one Sunday I saw him in there going through them all. Warmed my heart. To think that this will be one of those things he remembers long after I am gone. I am attaching today's photo. Some photoshopped the hell out of two pics but it will crack him up!

I am on day two of just being so hungry. I didn't do too bad yesterday but the hunger is constant. And DVR didn't record A.I. last night- so pissed. It recorded something stupid DH had added and forgot to change priority. (repo man or something!!!) urrrghhhhhh. Uncle Tom should likely be stopping by for a visit to just make this week complete. (although he's such an unreliable guest these months- who knows) DH forgot to pull his car outside last night. The garage shares the wall with Nels' room. When you open the garage door or start a car it wakes him up from a dead sleep. So, Mr. Sunshine has been up since 5:50 am. : )

I will write to everyone later. HUGS to everyone.

peasout..Laura

Edited by peascorps

Joyce, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry, I was late.

Great, I did not read the posts yesterday........What is going on with that MIL? Sounds like she is going to be a pill.

Julie, I am so sorry you are in pain again.

Phyl, I prayed for your friends. I saw it on face book. It is not good when older folks have surgery....recovery is so hard. Abdominal surgery is hard at any age. Keep us posted.

Apples, someone said your son's place flooded??? Sorry to hear that. That has happened to us. Cleanup is a b____!!!

Thanks for all the concerns. I am thinking positive about this issue. I finally got all that contrast out of me....I think. I am going to take my friend to the doctor. I hope she hears something about her BRAC test and CA125.

OKay gang, I will check in tonight.