Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Have a ? hoping you all have some input for me.

Ok banded last Noveber, got 4th fill 3 of this month. Heres the problem, pretty much everything gets stuck, cept those lovely Protein Drinks & squishy foods, oatmeal, yogurt. I do eat my Protein when im spose too and drink my crystal light, but, my tummy still growls just after i eat anything, had some scrambled eggs this morning, but its like i didnt eat anything. Help Please! Thanks!

Ok banded last Noveber, got 4th fill 3 of this month. Heres the problem, pretty much everything gets stuck, cept those lovely Protein drinks & squishy foods, oatmeal, yogurt. I do eat my protein when im spose too and drink my crystal light, but, my tummy still growls just after i eat anything, had some scrambled eggs this morning, but its like i didnt eat anything. Help Please! Thanks!

Welcome back..not a good thing to be getting stuck on everything except soft foods. I am thinking that your last fill was probably a bit much. And, not a good habit to get into to just each soft foods and ignore such problems. (I guess you coming for help means you are not ignoring...reaching out). If I were you, I would give my doc's office a call and let them know your symptoms. You might just need a slight unfill. Let us know how things go for you.

Hi all!

I am 23 days out and on creamy things, cream of Soups, cottage cheese, yogert, clear juices and crystal light. I am ready to move on and ready to get a fill!!! I am starving shortly after drinking my Protein Shakes, and nothing else lasts as long as the shakes. I have eatin kids chicken nuggets(chewed into mush) and that has done great for me but again not for long and then I am starving again. I don't get my first fill for 2 1/2 more weeks and I am wondering should I call the Dr. and push up my appointment?

weight.png

Hi all!

I am 23 days out and on creamy things, cream of Soups, cottage cheese, yogert, clear juices and crystal light. I am ready to move on and ready to get a fill!!! I am starving shortly after drinking my Protein Shakes, and nothing else lasts as long as the shakes. I have eatin kids chicken nuggets(chewed into mush) and that has done great for me but again not for long and then I am starving again. I don't get my first fill for 2 1/2 more weeks and I am wondering should I call the Dr. and push up my appointment?

Most docs wait at least a six week period of time b/4 a fill. This period of time is for healing your stitches around your band and waiting for the swelling to go down. Never hurts to give him a call to see if he is willing to go ahead with it. In the mean time, it is very important to stick to what your doc recommends that you eat. Not sure if he would consider chicken nuggets to be a food for the mushy stage.

This six week period b/4 you start getting fills and the period of time until you reach a point of true restriction can be tough. We all know what you are going through...not easy. As I stated above, give your doc a call and see what he has to say. Good luck!

weight.png

I had my lapband a month ago. I was not hugely overweight, but it was enough to bother me (183 lb.s). I lost a quick +/-12 lbs. and inches all over my body, but haven't lost anything in awhile. Furthermore, I developed this stabbing pain (below my waist, on my left) and don't know whether to rush to the doctor, or not. I know it is not my appendix, since I don't have my appendix.

My concerns are twofold: When will the the weight loss kick in again and I'm wondering if this pain will disappear. I just do not want to have surgery, again, if there is a deeper cause to my pain, so I'm avoiding the doctor.

I had my LAP-BAND® a month ago. I was not hugely overweight, but it was enough to bother me (183 lb.s). I lost a quick +/-12 lbs. and inches all over my body, but haven't lost anything in awhile. Furthermore, I developed this stabbing pain (below my waist, on my left) and don't know whether to rush to the doctor, or not. I know it is not my appendix, since I don't have my appendix.

My concerns are twofold: When will the the weight loss kick in again and I'm wondering if this pain will disappear. I just do not want to have surgery, again, if there is a deeper cause to my pain, so I'm avoiding the doctor.

Call your doctor A.S.A.P. Never should avoid a pain that is giving you such discomfort. You doc might just tell you not to worry about it, but so important to let him know what is going on.

As far as the weightloss...12lbs in one month is a quite a bit to lose in a one month period of time. We all went through these times when the weightloss just seemed to come to a halt for a bit. Just continue to eat as your doctor has recommened. Make good/healthy food choices. Get an adequate amount of fluids daily. Move and get in your exercise (if you are already cleared by your doc to do so).

Let us know what you find out after talking to your doctor. Good luck!

Hi all!

weight.png

Chicken nuggets are not a mushy. Please don't push it, this 6 weeks is commonly referred to here as Bandster hell, you had surgery to get restriction and lose weight but you are feeling nothing but hunger right now. This will pass after you heal and start getting fills. This 6 weeks is for healing, you just had major surgery, please don't do anything to affect your band. Follow your docs orders, call the office for help if you need to. Some docs are strict about no fills til 6 weeks others prefill them during surgery. One point of advice I got ehre that helped a lot as so many docs have different opinions, 'Follow the advice of the one that will take care of you if you have complications'. Congrats on your band and remember these 6 weeks though tough will pass.

I had my LAP-BAND® a month ago. I was not hugely overweight, but it was enough to bother me (183 lb.s). I lost a quick +/-12 lbs. and inches all over my body, but haven't lost anything in awhile. Furthermore, I developed this stabbing pain (below my waist, on my left) and don't know whether to rush to the doctor, or not. I know it is not my appendix, since I don't have my appendix.

12 lbs in a month? That's over 3 lbs a week, pretty darn good! Check with the doc on the pain. Is this where your port is? Probably just healing but never take any stabbing pain for granted

Okay you nurses, I got a question today too. I started back up on my full Vitamin regime today. I had stopped it when I was on blood thinners from surgery, etc. Question is, is Calcium constipating? I've had no more issues with that after getting off the vicodin and now it's back. Only thing I can think of is the vitamin as that is all that has changed. And I am thinking i heard that about calcium before. I am doing benefiber, lots of Water, etc. I know calcium is important especially since osteoporsis is in my family but heck, it almost makes me not wnat to take it.

Got a response from that future MIL of my daughters. She has seen red flags for their marriage since the beginning. WTH, why now does she chose 10 days before the wedding to want to bring this up to me? what's her motive? ruin the special day? this woman likes to be the center of attention and by gosh she is going to be it no matter what. It's all I can to be civil in my emails back to her. DD and fiance are furious as well.

Call your doctor A.S.A.P. Never should avoid a pain that is giving you such discomfort. You doc might just tell you not to worry about it, but so important to let him know what is going on.

As far as the weight loss...12lbs in one month is a quite a bit to lose in a one month period of time. We all went through these times when the weight loss just seemed to come to a halt for a bit. Just continue to eat as your doctor has recommended. Make good/healthy food choices. Get an adequate amount of fluids daily. Move and get in your exercise (if you are already cleared by your doc to do so).

Let us know what you find out after talking to your doctor. Good luck!

I completely agree. Here's a little tidbit... last week when my back was hurting so bad I was in tears, ... I was praying for the Lord to take the pain away... I felt I had an answer when a "still small voice" spoke to my heart.... "PAIN IS FOR A REASON"! Pain that is that intense is indicating that something is NOT RIGHT!! So, YES, you need to contact your doctor. It may just be adhesions, it might be a port issue, but you must make sure it's not something more serious.

Checking in.......yes, my lower left side was hurting and I had a ct scan today on my lower abdomen. Now, I have a history of colon problems. I do think it is adhesions, but better safe than sorry. Get it checked out.

Speaking of the scan......whew, I hate, hate, hate, drinking contrast.....I think I drank two pints and then they were running late so I had to wait an hour. On the other hand, a good thing, I had to go, go, go. Did I mention I HATE drinking contrast.

Hey Gang,

I wasn't sure how my teacher would react to my story either so I just said I had car trouble. She did let me retake it today. I think I did well on it. I have another exam thursday.

With all this moving business I have been so distracted from school. I gotta get back on it and find a balance between housework, school, moving, motherhood and banded life.

You guys are right though. I do think a little organization would help.

We got approval for the apartment today. I am so thrilled but am starting to look at the big picture of everything I am trying to accomplish. Babysteps, delegation and organization gotta focus on that.

My husband wants me to go through all the boxes that we have in storage and throw things away we don't need. I actually declined that job. That would mean unpacking, repacking and unpacking again. I already threw a ton away when we moved in and besides when I am unpacking in our new apartment if I find something I don't want I can get rid of it then. My family thinks I have so much time on my hands because I don't have a job but I am busting my chops here.

I am gonna make a list of things for Don to do on his next 2 days off. He said if I made a list he would work on it so we will see.

I got a b+ on my film paper. I knew it was a little weak but I had alot of work to do. I really did put alot of effort and research into it. I just don't feel like I am learning anything new in that class. I don't even want to go to it anymore. I am just not a writer. Don't enjoy it at all.

I finally am losing weight again. I think the sweet tea really was killing my weight loss efforts. I just started craving it. I just let things slide.

So I will get back into the habit of making a todo list everynight and stick to it. Planning my meals too.

Checking in.......yes, my lower left side was hurting and I had a ct scan today on my lower abdomen. Now, I have a history of colon problems. I do think it is adhesions, but better safe than sorry. Get it checked out.

Speaking of the scan......whew, I hate, hate, hate, drinking contrast.....I think I drank two pints and then they were running late so I had to wait an hour. On the other hand, a good thing, I had to go, go, go. Did I mention I HATE drinking contrast.

Hoping for good results from your scan, Arlene. Do not envy you for having to drink the yuck!:scared2:

Ok banded last Noveber, got 4th fill 3 of this month. Heres the problem, pretty much everything gets stuck, cept those lovely Protein drinks & squishy foods, oatmeal, yogurt. I do eat my protein when im spose too and drink my crystal light, but, my tummy still growls just after i eat anything, had some scrambled eggs this morning, but its like i didnt eat anything. Help Please! Thanks!

Joining the choir - you may be too tight if you can't eat hard protein. Growling doesn't mean hunger - can be digesting - I ate lunch today - my stomach was growling big time - I was talking w/a co-worker and she could hear it..

You should be able to eat 4 oz of hard protein - tiny bites, eaten slowly and chewed very well

You should call your doc and get some taken out

Hi all!

Ledawn - No eating foods that aren't in your food phase you are healing and you can damange your bad - you are healing

You are in banderst hell - we all have been there - and like the others said most doc's don't fill b/4 6 weeks mine was 8 - you can do this - even with your 1st fill you may not feel tons of restriction

Hunger isn't an emergency - eat your meal (for whatever phase you are on) you get to eat in 4 more hours - it's not like Breakfast is going to be your last meal - if you are hungry drink crystal lite - v8 - do something to take your mind off your hungry - I find I am hungry (head) when I am bored and tired..

Call your doctor 1st thing in the morning regarding the pain

As to weight loss 12 lbs in a month is great - since you are a lower bmi er - you are going to lose slower than someone with a high bmi - also - what are you eating - what's your calories for the day and are you exercising

Lost my freaking post -

Charlene - when will you know the results of the test

Great - how did the email go

Jessica - glad you got to take the test and are moving

Well that's all I remember

I survived work - flaking on the gym - but not really I go tomorrow and Sat morning

cbl

Lost my freaking post -

Charlene - when will you know the results of the test

Great - how did the email go

Jessica - glad you got to take the test and are moving

Well that's all I remember

I survived work - flaking on the gym - but not really I go tomorrow and Sat morning

cbl

Janet, the dr's office will call in a couple of days. The guy doing the scan told me they get the results within 24hrs, but it is up to the dr when they call. I really think I will be okay. A couple of years ago it was adhesions. I think you are right about the shakes. I think they will be healing for my system.

Great - That e-mail from future MIL of DD is so troubling. Your very gracious invitations to entertain them in the past (which were declined) is also strange. The idea that she needs to be center of attention sounds very possible. Prayers for your daughter to have this gal for a MIL.

Had my first dinner out at a nice restaurant with friends who do NOT know about my band. They didn't notice a thing. One hurdle down - should be easier every time I do it. It was my birthday dinner (67 yuk) - or the 17th anniversary of my 50th b'day. lolol

I feel empowered that I can pull this off and not share the private decision I've made.

Joyce