Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Evening Gang...

Back from the gym..

I know you guys understood what I meant about Churchie pple - the hypocritical kind - like the churches that vote to let you join their congregation - I know you guys arent' that way - I just hate hypocrits.. It's that those without sin can cast the 1st stone - well hell - I don't know any perfect person - I don't think God made any - it's that our purpose here on earth - Adam & Eve were prior to the whole apple thing - but look she wasn't perfect then either ;0) I truely believe in do unto others as you want them to do unto you..

Charlene - Glad you are back and had a good time !!! I missed you :0) - Sorry your tummy is acting up again.. I am lucky my band doesn't get tight while flying - just stress.

Laura - Back at work - ok it's work not that bad - but I have only one more day and I will be off for 3 - I like these furlough fridays - infact - I only have to take one vacation day when I go to FL cuz that Friday will be my furlough Friday..

Apples - Love the pic - what a cutie your baby is - but you can keep the snow - I like our weather - mid to high 50's maybe some rain again on Friday..

Great - I remember you saying something about a lady who came to your house for bible study - yep it's those kind of pple I was referring to ;0) - I go on Friday to get my knees ck'd out - this is a biggie for me cuz I am not a doc person - but I gotta be able to exercise - so I need to see what's up - did I just over do it or do I have some issues..

Julie - you sure get alot done in a day :0)...

Jewel - You go girl - getting an education - taking charge of your health you are on your way..

Well, need to go feed my babies and see if my fish has defrosted - cb in a bit..

Quicky fly by....didn't get home until 8pm...worked late then had to do grocery shopping...really empty fridge.

Apples, do I see a little gray on pupper's muzzle?

Bought more gift cards at the store tonight so I'm almost done with my shopping. Hopefully, I will finish this weekend.

Take care everyone and I'll chat later...need to get more cards done.

Eva

Hello girls!

This one is going to be real short! It is finals week and I just finished 2 papers for my physics class. Ick. Physics is not easy! Ok, so it's 2 am and I have to get up so early to go to class and then to work.

I just wanted to ck in and tell all of you "hello" and I am so sorry that that I haven't been around as much as I used to. School has been so super busy right now that I just cannot post as much right now. After next week and my NY trip next weekend, I will be around on here so much you will get sick of me!

Can't wait for Florida!

Love all of you! More tomorrow,

Meredith

Quicky fly by....didn't get home until 8pm...worked late then had to do grocery shopping...really empty fridge.

Apples, do I see a little gray on pupper's muzzle?

Bought more gift cards at the store tonight so I'm almost done with my shopping. Hopefully, I will finish this weekend.

Take care everyone and I'll chat later...need to get more cards done.

Eva

Yep...the puppa is going to be 8 on Feb 2. He actually still has a lot of pup in him in some ways, but in other ways, he is a big ole' lazy dawg.

Hello girls!

This one is going to be real short! It is finals week and I just finished 2 papers for my physics class. Ick. Physics is not easy! Ok, so it's 2 am and I have to get up so early to go to class and then to work.

I just wanted to ck in and tell all of you "hello" and I am so sorry that that I haven't been around as much as I used to. School has been so super busy right now that I just cannot post as much right now. After next week and my NY trip next weekend, I will be around on here so much you will get sick of me!

Can't wait for Florida!

Love all of you! More tomorrow,

Meredith

NY? How fun! You just do what you need to do Meredith and check in with us when you can. It's just that we miss you when you're gone. Take care and good luck on your finals. Yes, physics suck as far as I am concerned. Should have hooked you up with youngest DS and he could have helped you by phone. He used to tudor Physics students at his Universtiy.

Take care! Love back at ya!:scared2:

Good Morning..........Hey, which one of you up north sent this cold front?........it is freezing down here. Well, we took the new Samsung video/10p camera with us on vacation and it is defective. I have to send it back to QVC. I think the video of the Luau came out , but not the still pics. I did bring my Cannon so I got a few pictures. Speaking about the Luau......they had awesome food, but one of my first bites of Mahi Mahi I got stuck. So by the time I excused myself and got rid of it the rest of the food was cold. I did not gain weight from eating good stuff........it was from eating sliders. It is always from eating sliders. I am in the slider season. I am going to weigh in next week and may or may not get a tweak. I just need the accountability. I am still thinking I need to join WW. BRRRRRRR! How do you northern people stand this cold? God Bless you! and a special blessing for Apples and your family for farming in this weather!

Good morning. We are supposed to warm up to the 20's today and get above freezing tomorrow! WooHoo! Arlene, just how cold is cold in Houston? I bet I'd think it was warm right now.

Speaking of the cold, with the extreme cold yesterday it caused a sprinkler pipe to burst at the rec center I work at and it is closed today, meaning I got an unexpected day off and got to sleep in. No 4am alarm for me today! WOOHOO!! Also no pay today not so WooHoo!

DH got home late last night from Las Vegas seems all the flights were messed up with all the bad weather over the country. He has to go out of town again on Mon/Tues next week, my surgery is Wed. so makes me a little nervous that he gets home on time. Also I won't have him around to keep me from thinking too much about it the day before, gotta keep myself busy that day.

Meredith, good luck on that physics! And have a great trip to NY are you going to NYC? I love it there this time of year.

Arlene, are you sure you really want to do something like WW? I believe in their balanced way of eating but not so much in their counting of points etc. and for me to eat the points they say I should eat now would be very difficult unless I ate a lot of sliders etc. and that's what I want to avoid. Why are you eating so many sliders? Are you too tight? are the adhesions causing you problems? I hope you get it all figured out. If I did WW, I would try and follow their 'core' plan vs counting points. Okay, I realize you didn't ask for my opinion, disregard if you want.

Well gotta go dry my hair and get ready am going to try and take Grandma to Walmart today. DS is meeting us there to help us so I can drop her off at the door and not mess with the parking lot and possible ice and then there's this cold.

Good Morning..........Hey, which one of you up north sent this cold front?........it is freezing down here. Well, we took the new Samsung video/10p camera with us on vacation and it is defective. I have to send it back to QVC. I think the video of the Luau came out , but not the still pics. I did bring my Cannon so I got a few pictures. Speaking about the Luau......they had awesome food, but one of my first bites of Mahi Mahi I got stuck. So by the time I excused myself and got rid of it the rest of the food was cold. I did not gain weight from eating good stuff........it was from eating sliders. It is always from eating sliders. I am in the slider season. I am going to weigh in next week and may or may not get a tweak. I just need the accountability. I am still thinking I need to join WW. BRRRRRRR! How do you northern people stand this cold? God Bless you! and a special blessing for Apples and your family for farming in this weather!

Arlene...I think Great sent you that cold weather. It hits there, bounces off the mountains and heads your way. Guess we'll blame her?:scared2:

Too bad about the camera. DH and I were discussing our picture taking inadeqacy(sp?) this morning. We used to take loads of photos and now determined to get into again a bit more. When you're growing up your babies, lots of pics are shot.

DH bought me a pocket sized Cannon SD1000 Power Shot camera last year for Christmas. So handy, small and takes fairly good pics. What I like is downloading and being able to send to family and friends. I do scan old photos once in awhile to send to youngest DS who lives in Atlanta. Just reminders. Even scanned our wedding photo on our 30th and sent to him.

Not even going to whine about the cold today (-19). Working in the house and hoping for no interuptions today. Had ppl at my kitchen table ALL DAY yesterday so did not get done what I wanted to. All of the Cookies (6 doz.) are eaten along with all but two of the dozen or so cranberry bread I made on Monday and most of the fudge. Hungry visiting farmers. Was a nice day and happy to share but now I need to start over with some baking. (You all know how much I enjoy baking so good to go).

Remember all the discussion on the Champion pants? I think most of you were influenced and went out and got some. Well, got mine on Tuesday. I had ordered 4 pr in the talls. Always happy to find them at a good price. Well, got them and was missing my capris that were on sale but package included 2 pair that I did not order but in my size. Called Target to let them know I would be sending back and wanted the capris. Good news. They told me to keep the 2 extras and they would be sending the capris for no extra $$$. Merry Christmas to me.

Back at it. Later:cool:

Edited by Apples2

Good morning. We are supposed to warm up to the 20's today and get above freezing tomorrow! WooHoo! Arlene, just how cold is cold in Houston? I bet I'd think it was warm right now.

Speaking of the cold, with the extreme cold yesterday it caused a sprinkler pipe to burst at the rec center I work at and it is closed today, meaning I got an unexpected day off and got to sleep in. No 4am alarm for me today! WOOHOO!! Also no pay today not so WooHoo!

DH got home late last night from Las Vegas seems all the flights were messed up with all the bad weather over the country. He has to go out of town again on Mon/Tues next week, my surgery is Wed. so makes me a little nervous that he gets home on time. Also I won't have him around to keep me from thinking too much about it the day before, gotta keep myself busy that day.

Meredith, good luck on that physics! And have a great trip to NY are you going to NYC? I love it there this time of year.

Arlene, are you sure you really want to do something like WW? I believe in their balanced way of eating but not so much in their counting of points etc. and for me to eat the points they say I should eat now would be very difficult unless I ate a lot of sliders etc. and that's what I want to avoid. Why are you eating so many sliders? Are you too tight? are the adhesions causing you problems? I hope you get it all figured out. If I did WW, I would try and follow their 'core' plan vs counting points. Okay, I realize you didn't ask for my opinion, disregard if you want.

Well gotta go dry my hair and get ready am going to try and take Grandma to Walmart today. DS is meeting us there to help us so I can drop her off at the door and not mess with the parking lot and possible ice and then there's this cold.

You're the BEST granddaughter! Every Grandma that's 100 yrs old should have one like you!:scared2:

Good Morning Gang...

Charlene - I am a WW girl - but again I go by exchange (core I think) I don't know what my points would be - Think it's the most balanced eating plan out there - it's livable for me..

I would assume that you are eating sliders cuz they taste good and you can eat more of them than you can when eating hard protein..

Oh I would be pissed about the camera issue.. It was 43 when I came to work this a.m. - suppose to be 60 today

Meredith - NY this time of year - Oh lucky girl !!!

Great - try and stay warm - well all you northern or should I say eastern girls - stay warm

Charlene - I am a WW girl - but again I go by exchange (core I think) I don't know what my points would be - Think it's the most balanced eating plan out there - it's livable for me..

Oops forgot my post......Yes, I think the core plan would be the best for me and Lori, I just need the accountability. The nutritionist said I don't need to see her unless I want to make that drive just to weigh in and talk. WW is less than a mile away. I probably won't start until the first of the year or until they have a special.

It is in the 30's, but the humidity makes it really feel colder. Yep, I am a weeny about cold weather.

Had ppl at my kitchen table ALL DAY yesterday so did not get done what I wanted to. All of the Cookies (6 doz.) are eaten along with all but two of the dozen or so cranberry bread I made on Monday and most of the fudge. Hungry visiting farmers. Was a nice day and happy to share but now I need to start over with some baking. (You all know how much I enjoy baking so good to go).

Apples, talk about good-hearted! I would have been hoarding those cookies after all the work they took! Every year I make pizzelles (an Italian anise-flavored waffle-type cookie) on my grandmother's old pizzelle Iron. You have to stand over the stove making these things one at a time and they take forever. You should see the way I parcel them out! Once my husband took a batch I'd spent hours making to work with him for the "guys"---I called him up and told him he'd have to bring 'em back home!

Just call me the Grinch!!:scared2:

Oops forgot my post......Yes, I think the core plan would be the best for me and Lori, I just need the accountability. The nutritionist said I don't need to see her unless I want to make that drive just to weigh in and talk. WW is less than a mile away. I probably won't start until the first of the year or until they have a special.

Anything what makes us accountable is a positive, Arlene. I've tried 'em all. Does not mean a certain plan would not work for me now, though. I think the band would help a lot with almost any plan. Maybe you can take WW and make it a designer plan just for you. Just tweek a little of the info given to you. Those weigh-ins make a person accountable. I was thankful for my weigh-ins with my LB doc. Kept me on task.

Years ago when my doc warned me that I should get off the 40lbs I was carrying or I would be sorry down the road, he referred me to the nutritionist at his clinic. She was 3x more obese than me (not judging). At my appt. she would show me what a portion size with her plastic food, giggle and say "I eat 4x more than that"...giggle again. Needless to say, I gained another 100lbs after that little session. Never did anything about my weight until it got to the point where I HAD to.

My point is....structured plans work for some of us and weighing in is sometimes that challenge we look forward to and need. I know that's what worked for me. When a person is feeling out of control, structure is the way to go.