Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Great news. My Mom sent me a message in Facebook telling me how proud she is of me for losing 60lbs and how great she thinks I look. Made me feel so good. Today my niece who is also a bander and at her goal sent me a message too. Still following my plan of keeping mouth shut.

Lori...you look so good. You look like a different person. WTG !!

Janet...enjoy your company, I'm getting grandbaby girl tomorrow for the weekend, I treasure the time I have with her.

I'm beginning to wonder if I may be too tight. I never go a day without pb'ing. Mornings are usually ok, but lunch and dinner..not good. I need stick to the Slim Fast at lunch I guess and make sure I dont skip my Vitamins and Protein Shots.< /span>

Will keep posting here, it does help so much.

Thanks gals :)

Great news. My Mom sent me a message in Facebook telling me how proud she is of me for losing 60lbs and how great she thinks I look. Made me feel so good. Today my niece who is also a bander and at her goal sent me a message too. Still following my plan of keeping mouth shut.

Lori...you look so good. You look like a different person. WTG !!

Janet...enjoy your company, I'm getting grandbaby girl tomorrow for the weekend, I treasure the time I have with her.

I'm beginning to wonder if I may be too tight. I never go a day without pb'ing. Mornings are usually ok, but lunch and dinner..not good. I need stick to the Slim Fast at lunch I guess and make sure I dont skip my Vitamins and Protein Shots.< /span>

Will keep posting here, it does help so much.

Thanks gals :)

That's different, usually it's in the morning when folks are more tight and can't eat and are fine later in the day. You are opposite. But if that's all you can do is liquids for lunch and/or dinner, then I'd say you are too tight. However, before saying that, how are you eating? Are you taking tiny bites, the size of your pinkie nail or a pencil eraser...chewing lots....eating slow...eating small portions??? If the answer to all that is yes and you still can't eat and can just do liquids then you are probably too tight. But if you are taking big bites, eating too fast, too much, etc. then maybe not.

Well it's not even 6pm here and I have visions already of putting my jammies on and going to bed shortly.

An idea....do any of you gals ever go to the chat room? I did a lot when first signing up here but haven't in a long time. Thought maybe it would be fun if we had a set time to all meet in a chat room. Not sure how you make a private room etc. in there though.

Hi Everyone,

I thibnk in the past some of you guys stated you chat on Face Book I just signed up How can I find you guys to add as friends. And I think someone said there are games. Can somone give me the down low on face book?

I am doing well I have started working out with a trainer two days a week and my schedule recently switched to 9am - 6pm so it has been hard adjusting to the new sleep schedule.

Meredith,

Don't worry about the liquids the time will fly by fast for you.I am so happy for you! You go girl you can do it and we are here for you.:)

That's different, usually it's in the morning when folks are more tight and can't eat and are fine later in the day. You are opposite. But if that's all you can do is liquids for lunch and/or dinner, then I'd say you are too tight. However, before saying that, how are you eating? Are you taking tiny bites, the size of your pinkie nail or a pencil eraser...chewing lots....eating slow...eating small portions??? If the answer to all that is yes and you still can't eat and can just do liquids then you are probably too tight. But if you are taking big bites, eating too fast, too much, etc. then maybe not.

Well it's not even 6pm here and I have visions already of putting my jammies on and going to bed shortly.

An idea....do any of you gals ever go to the chat room? I did a lot when first signing up here but haven't in a long time. Thought maybe it would be fun if we had a set time to all meet in a chat room. Not sure how you make a private room etc. in there though.

Lori..that may be my problem, bites not small enough, eating too fast. I am going to pay close attention to that and see how I do over the weekend. Thanks for bring that to my attention.

Never been to the chat room, I think that would be fun to all meet there.

Meredith, I did the full two weeks of liquids. I was able to have Tomato Soup, broth, yogurt, sugar free pudding and Jello, all juices, Tomato, orange, apple, etc. plus Protein Shakes. I made my own and sometimes added strawberries (blended in, no chunks) to it (used non-fat milk). I was told to drink as much as I wanted so I would not get hungry. I also used Unjury chicken Soup. I found that by drinking lots of Protein it kept me satisfied and I really never felt too hungry. Good luck to you, I know you'll be fine. Just try to stay away from people when they're eating and don't cook for anyone else if you can avoid it. That would make it much harder, I think. I just made my DH cook for himself. LOL Good excuse to stop cooking. Janet, enjoy your company. I head out to Lake of the Ozarks with 10 other girlfriends Monday and I'm sure we'll have a great time. Linda

Hi all! Thank you so much for all of your words of encouragement. I am so sick of food and actually I am finding myself happy to finally be at this point. My wonderful boyfriend Andrew took me out to dinner tonight to my favorite resturant. So sweet. And, when I got to work today, the receptionist suprised me and made me a cake that said "Happy 'Last Supper' Meredith". It was cute. It was in the back room at work where only the employees go. I've told everyone and they are so supportive. We are like a huge family and in a large salon like ours there are no secrets! It's ok, from telling people about the surgery I am about to have I have found so many others who are interested in getting it, or have already gotten it.

Anyhow, it's way past my bedtime. We didn't get home until late. After dinner we went to my parents house and then I filled out all of my surgical paperwork. I'm getting really excited! I find that now I am more excited than nervous, which is good.

Have a wonderful night everyone! Thanks again for all of your suggestions and positive reinforcement! You are all the best!

-Meredith

Lori..that may be my problem, bites not small enough, eating too fast. I am going to pay close attention to that and see how I do over the weekend. Thanks for bring that to my attention.

Never been to the chat room, I think that would be fun to all meet there.

The July Butterflies tried the chat room, but our schedules got in the way of meeting up.

I went in a month ago and got an unfill because I was pbing everyday. It might help .......it helped me. It takes time for the tissue to go down after you pb alot. Now, I am ready for a fill, and can't get in till the 29th.

Hi, I was banded on June 3rd. I think I have lost 7lbs. I am a hard time with my meals. I am suppose to wait 30 mins after a meal to drink but if my meals are liquid it is difficult. I sometimes forget which is a meal and which is suppose to be fluids. Do you think it really matters?

Welcome Debbie! Congratulations on your recent banding.

I remember wondering the same thing about the liquids vs. Water issue. The answer I was given was - don't worry about it. At this point, while your whole diet is liquid, the timeframe is not important. Liquid is liquid. Once I went to the full liquids (cream Soups consistency) I was more compliant with that rule, and as the diet went to mushies and soft foods, I was very strict with it. My surgeon's office recommends 1 hour after meals before I start the Water, and that is what I do. I know some docs say 30 or 45 minutes is okay. I just stick with the hour because it works for me (and that's what Dr. B says to do...). You should follow your doctor's recommendations.

Going through these stages is not the easiest part of the process. But just remember how important it is for the band/stomach connection to heal, and that's what these stages are all about.

Come back and visit with us. This is such a great thread for support - and reading how others are experiencing all aspects of the process, from eating issues to dealing with our friends and families. We sure cover a lot of territory and I love my band buddies around here!

Also...

I'm happy to be Facebook friends with my LBTalk buddies. Search for Joann Haley Farley - I'm out there. It helps if you let me know your LBTalk name as well as the real one.

Good Morning All !! Well, I weighed in this morning and stayed the same and that's o.k. My son is getting married tomorrow and every thing is so crazy around here, with all the preps, getting the family ready, and just plain nervous, when all of this is over , I am getting back on track!! The rehearsal dinner is 2night and pictures at 3:00 2morrow, then the wedding is 2morrow night at 6:00. I am so excited for him and my new DIL, she is really a sweet girl! Well, I need to get off here and get busy!

Good Morning All !! Well, I weighed in this morning and stayed the same and that's o.k. My son is getting married tomorrow and every thing is so crazy around here, with all the preps, getting the family ready, and just plain nervous, when all of this is over , I am getting back on track!! The rehearsal dinner is 2night and pictures at 3:00 2morrow, then the wedding is 2morrow night at 6:00. I am so excited for him and my new DIL, she is really a sweet girl! Well, I need to get off here and get busy!

Congrats on your son getting married!!!

The July Butterflies tried the chat room, but our schedules got in the way of meeting up.

I went in a month ago and got an unfill because I was pbing everyday. It might help .......it helped me. It takes time for the tissue to go down after you pb alot. Now, I am ready for a fill, and can't get in till the 29th.

Charlene, I'm terribly sick right now. Haven't had a meal since Tuesday night. Yesterday evening is when it got real bad. Hubby and I met DS & DIL at Abblebees. I ordered Chili thinking I might be able to handle it. Ran to the bathroom after every tiny bite. The most embarrassing thing happened to me :blink: I pd right there at the table, my salava. Luckily we were in a corner booth. Got up this morning, I had some coffee and felt pretty good, then about 1 hr later I started freezing, hands were shaking, then my fingers were numb. The Dr was called and their office was open til 10 this morning, but I didnt know. By the time we got ahold of the DR on call, they were closed. He said go to ER since I need an IV...there is a problem there, I can't go to ER, my DH changed our Insurance and it won't be effective until July 1st. He was told June 1st. My part would be 2000.00. When I went to the ER after surgery because I was too tight, the bill was 10,000.

Warning to all you newbies, don't let this happen, if you PB everyday...call Dr. I waited too long. :drool:

OMG.....pj.....how are you doing today? Are you sure this is a band issue and not something else? It must be miserable to know you can't go for help because of insurance. I hope you are feeling better today and can get something down before you get dehydrated.. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

I'm doing pretty well... Took the little one to the county fair yesterday... She wasn't too interested in most of it.. Loves being outside... Ended up going with her and her mother to the ER last night.. Baby got a huge bump on her forehead.... We were't sure if it was from a fall she had taken the night before or if it was a bug bite.... She looked like she was about to sprout a horn and this bump got very big and squishy... Doc says bug bite.... Her "sperm donor" had lots of allergies and DD is so afraid she inherited this from him... Any little mosquito bite on her arm or leg swells, too... Anyway, I think she is fine.. We got home by midnight and I was tired... Time to get ready for church... Lots of plans to finalize for our big fundraiser coming up this week.. Homemade ice cream and pie social at my house during the town's annual celebration.... Lots of tempting goodies, but usually I don't get too tempted... We do this every year, but this is the first year it hasn't been out at our little country church.. Trying something new.. Then later today must take my mother to a family thing... My father's twin sisters are turning 70 and there is a get-to-gether for supper in Bismarck... A fancy supper joint... Not my favorite thing to do, especially when I have food prepared for today already... It was a last minute deal, but oh, well... have to do these things for mother.....

Well, better go get myself presentable.... You all have a blessed Sunday.... Julie

Good Morning everyone. Down 2 lbs since yesterday, I wasn't able to keep anything down last night. I tried chicken noodle Soup, and popsicles. Couldn't keep Popsicle down either. A bit ago I got 2 Tylenol down since my head is killing me. My body aches all over from dehydration. I'm sitting here now sipping on Pedialyte, so far so good.

Mrs Bubba, you have a great day today!!!

Hubby is taking me to Mom's today so she can drive me to the Dr tomorrow, since he won't be able.

Have a great day everyone....will post tomorrow.

Pam