Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

First off, HAPPY BANDIVERSARY, Apples. You've done so great and are an inspiration to many. How kind of you to take your friend out for her bday. Mine is a bday that gets overlooked most of the time, so I know she is going to appreciate it. (dh only forgot one year though, it's everyone else in my family and circle of friends).

PJ, glad you are feeling better. Congrats on the 9 lbs though not a good way to lose it!

Bubba, you can do anything you set your mind to. You gotta stop the negative thinking though. You can do this, and you can do this for yourself. Give Janet's suggestion a try, sounds like what I know of the 5 day pouch test. Hopefully your next refill will help too.

Meredith, put those olives away! :wink2: You are doing great and it will all be worth it. Can you have broth at all to help with that sweet taste?

Larry, yes banding works, it works as good as you work it. I have lost 125 lbs my first year and would do it again in a heart beat. It has been life changing for me, for the better!

Laura, good luck with this fill, hope it is just right for you!

Well I just got home from my support group meeting. WE had a psychologist come speak to us on relationships. It was insightful but not real helpful as far as solutions. My volunteer day at the hospital got cancelled tomorrow so I have a free day!! WOO HOO!! will probably spend it cleaning.

Oh and Charlene, I read on another thread that DH is having his bypass tomorrow. Good luck to him and let us know how he is.

Hi everyone, sorry its taken so long to post here. I tried last night but I couldn't get in. I went to the Dr yesterday and he took out half of what he put in on my last fill. I was down 9 lbs yesterday since last fill. I feel so much better now, still a little weak since I've been taking it slow with my food. I should never have let the pb'ing go on for so long that it made me so ill. The Dr looked at the band which he always does at every visit and said there is no damage.

Thank you all for your support. I love you all, wish there was a way that someday we can all meet each other.

Hugs to all of you.

Pam

Pam so glad to hear that you are doing better - take it easy the next couple of days - make sure you stay hydrated and get your Protein in and some good carb....

I guess I'm the lucky one cuz we have met !!! and gang I can tell you all she's a sweet sweet woman !!!

Pam~ I am so relieved you are feeling better! I got worried when we didn't hear from you... and was worried you got admitted or something. Phewwww! How long does your dr do liquids after unfill?

Two appts ago, I was too tight after a fill. I kept getting stuck and having some PBs. Two weeks ago he took out half. Then I was totally fine, but the last week or so felt I could eat a bit too much. Although I was basically staying within my allowed. (although I lost 7 lbs in two weeks!) So today he put it back in. On liquids for 24 hours and can test it tomorrow. It's funny... they have one of those really really expensive digital scales in the office... and it is a full 2 lbs less than my scale at home! LOL. The last fill I psyched myself out though by changing my ticker to their scale... and then when mine didn't move, it upset me. I am sticking to one scale!

I discovered a Protein Drink that I cannot tolerate these days! I had a high Protein SlimFast this afternoon. (15gms of protein) Holy cannoli, talk about the gas pains... and then diarrhea! I will NOT drink those again. I do so much better with the isolate protein powders (like unjury or Biochem).

I am having a sudden craving for pie and icecream! I don't even know what a Juneberry is... but I'd probably love them!:eek::):wink2: Good luck Mrs. Bubba! I don't know how you do it girl! There will be no sweet socials at my house for a while!

There is a new doc that joined my husband's group.. and we usually invite the doc and their spouse over for dinner. Well, surgery came.. and then it has just not been a good time to do it the last couple months. Well this afternoon the doc came over to study for his anesthesia boards. (since DH is an old seasoned gas passer...LOL, and a great teacher) So DH and the new doc were studying... and I told him to tell about my surgery. I didn't want him thinking we were being mean. His reaction was so cute, "well you look great!" That fine balance between being nice... and not pissing off one of the partners by hitting on his wife! :wink2:

Nite nite everyone!~ TTYL

peasout

Laura - I stick with the weight on my scale at home... The doc's is 4 lbs heavier - but again at home I'm naked where as at the doc's have clothes on...

No Pie or Ice Cream not an approved mushie :0) - Juniperberries I think is what gin is made from !!!!

oh Ya almost forgot - Charlene isn't dh having surgery - i remember he and my friend from virigina had 6/17 as their surgery dates..

Tell him we are sending good thought his ways - prayrers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery....

Thanks Long...not sure where the time went. I know you probably feel the same way. I can't even say that the worst is behind me cuz I feel that this last year was mostly a positive experience.

Now...tomorrow...the start of another new year with my band.

Morning gang~

Janet.... you look AMAZING in those photos! WOWZERS! And regarding the Juniper Berries reference... are you telling me I can have gin?! LOL. Kidding. Back in 2001-2002 during my struggle with infertility and 10+ IVFs, I didn't have a sip of alcohol for two years. And ever since then really lost my taste for it. I will have one glass of wine on special occasions, but that's it. I am a cheap date these days! Really.. on vacation, DH was commenting how much less our bills are now that I am eating off the appetizer menu and he is eating less and no dessert! : )

Apples.... Happy Anniversary Baby, got you on my mind. <singing>

Meredith, Meredith... you made me laugh and cry regarding the olives. You have no permanent damage my dear. : ) After all, we are only human! You are almost done! Keep up the good work!!!

TOM is visiting AGAIN, darn it. And he's back with a vengeance and 9 days early! Actually had to cancel my gym today... feeling horrible, crampy and accidents. And of course I had my annual appt with the gyn for tomorrow but had to cancel b/c they can't do pap. Any of you menstruating women notice a change in your cycles after being banded and losing weight? My cycles are ALL over the place and crazy heavy! TMI I know.

I had the 0.2cc put back in yesterday... and I know it's early to say, but I think I am either VERY close or at my sweet spot! Things going down well but feeling very satisfied after a small amount! yeah!!!

Have a great day everyone!

xoxo peas

Thanks for the wishes, Laura. Too bad after troubles with fertility that you have to even deal with TOM. I am no help to you, girl. Have not experienced it for about 5 yrs. I remember after my second child and being told that there were just not going to be any more babies carried in my ripped uterus that I just wished the TOM would not longer exist. Not that lucky. Tubes were tied at the age of 27 right during C-section and accepted the two beautiful boys God gave me (even though the plan was to have at least 5 children). I do consider myself lucky to have had easy and right-on-schedule TOM and also lucky that I hit menopause early at the age of 38 and done with it all by 48.

Heading out the door...house is clean, all the farmers meals are made for the next three days. Just have to grab the dog and go! I will be sitting on the lake shore with a book and a dog shaking his wet fur all over me. But, that baby boy can get away with anything!

Morning gang~

Janet.... you look AMAZING in those photos! WOWZERS! And regarding the Juniper Berries reference... are you telling me I can have gin?! LOL. Kidding. Back in 2001-2002 during my struggle with infertility and 10+ IVFs, I didn't have a sip of alcohol for two years. And ever since then really lost my taste for it. I will have one glass of wine on special occasions, but that's it. I am a cheap date these days! Really.. on vacation, DH was commenting how much less our bills are now that I am eating off the appetizer menu and he is eating less and no dessert! : )

Apples.... Happy Anniversary Baby, got you on my mind. <singing>

Meredith, Meredith... you made me laugh and cry regarding the olives. You have no permanent damage my dear. : ) After all, we are only human! You are almost done! Keep up the good work!!!

TOM is visiting AGAIN, darn it. And he's back with a vengeance and 9 days early! Actually had to cancel my gym today... feeling horrible, crampy and accidents. And of course I had my annual appt with the gyn for tomorrow but had to cancel b/c they can't do pap. Any of you menstruating women notice a change in your cycles after being banded and losing weight? My cycles are ALL over the place and crazy heavy! TMI I know.

I had the 0.2cc put back in yesterday... and I know it's early to say, but I think I am either VERY close or at my sweet spot! Things going down well but feeling very satisfied after a small amount! yeah!!!

Have a great day everyone!

xoxo peas

Thanks Laura !!! I feel great and ya I love the way I look now - it's what my mine's eye saw me at even when I weighed 250 (lol) - the whole looks thing is really icing on the cake..

TOM - Thankfully I'm done with it too... But when I did have it watch out ever 21-23 days towards the end (perimenopause) and I bleed like a stuck pig - it was terrible - but again all pre-banding - I think I had one spotting right after banding - but haven't had a tom in over a year - wish I was as lucky as apples and was done by 38 :0)

I only drink when I go out - which isn't often... I don't have a glass of wine everynight or a cocktail -to me what's one drink going to do - and I like it but don't need it

Thanks for the wishes, Laura. Too bad after troubles with fertility that you have to even deal with TOM. I am no help to you, girl. Have not experienced it for about 5 yrs. I remember after my second child and being told that there were just not going to be any more babies carried in my ripped uterus that I just wished the TOM would not longer exist. Not that lucky. Tubes were tied at the age of 27 right during C-section and accepted the two beautiful boys God gave me (even though the plan was to have at least 5 children). I do consider myself lucky to have had easy and right-on-schedule TOM and also lucky that I hit menopause early at the age of 38 and done with it all by 48.

Heading out the door...house is clean, all the farmers meals are made for the next three days. Just have to grab the dog and go! I will be sitting on the lake shore with a book and a dog shaking his wet fur all over me. But, that baby boy can get away with anything!

Apples - the year after isn't bad - and for you I don't think you will have any problems since you have to eat so much just to maintain.. I really haven't found myself struggling this 2nd yr - Since I never dieted - I have continued to eat the way i did for the 1st yr - I am fine - it's all about eating healthy - and since you are of the same mind set and have had your ah ha moment - I know you will do just fine this 2nd yr..

Enjoy your time away - think of us who are at work - wishing we were on the shore w/a good book :0)

Hugs Gang - CBL

Good afternoon.... I don't know what Juniperberries are, but Juneberries are a lot like a wild blueberry... A little more red than purple... Makes great pie... or ice cream topping if cooked.... I plan to manage the social just fine... Will probably have a little ice cream and taste the pie, but not worried about overdoing that.. It's the other things that get in my way... bread and crackers and pasta..... and those lovely slider foods.. Today I've been good... Had a Special K Protein drink for breakfast.. They are relatively new and hadn't tried one.. I hate Slimfast and won't drink one again..... But this wasn't bad... Smaller and not as much protein, but still a good Meal Replacement I think... And then I've just had hard protein the rest of the day.. I haven't been doing the grazing like yesterday.. I also did a workout today.... I used to own a fitness center and still have the equipment in storage... DH set it up for me and I did twice around the circuit with a friend... It's like Curves..... I handled it pretty well, so am happy to have accomplished that..... Then got all my ice cream mix made and dishes done.... Had a dip in the hot-tub and then a nice shower and am now ready for my little one to come at 4:30...... She will be here until noon tomorrow and then I'm off grandma duty until Sunday afternoon... I'm feeling better today.... Thanks for all the cheerleading girls.... I know I can get this back on track...... just need to concentrate better and quit being lazy about my food choices...

Pam, so glad you are better... I was worried about you. I'm a little gunshy after what happened to me.... Take care....

Meredith, the olives won't hurt you as much as the guilt over eating them... We have all done things like that... so relax ...you're almost there, girl....

I'm happy to say that I'm post menopausal and loving it... Don't miss all that monthly junk at all..... Was lucky to have it be easy, but still don't miss it....

I, too, wish we could all meet..... We'll have to work on that when we are all closer to goal. Hope you all have a nice evening... Too bad we can't all join Apples at her lake cabin and relax and enjoy the outdoors... She's a lucky girl that way...... Take care everyone... Julie

Ok peeps. Since my mishap with the olives I have done soooo much better. I hated the way the guilt made me feel! Mrs. Bubba, you are right, the guilt is what feels the worst. I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought more Boost High Protein, yogurt, and broth. Thank heavens I found Organic Mushroom Broth! It is just delicious! It's more expensive than other broths, but I don't care at all. To me it is so worth it. I am totally done with the whole cheating thing. No more for me! Especially after surgery! I WILL follow every single rule. I have vowed that to myself.

Laura- The Boost is actually pretty good! I know that it seems like a lot of calories, but if you use it as a meal replacement it might be good for you. It has 240 cal and 15 gms of protein in an 8 oz bottle. I put it over ice for Breakfast and lunch and blend it with a light yogurt for my dinners with some ice as well. Mrs. B, this might be a better option for you as well? To me, slim fast tastes metallic or something.

I just cannot tell all of you how much I appreciate all of this help and support! I really don't know what I would do with out this site and especially this group. You have made this process much smoother than I could have ever imagined.

I've also begun to adopt a new mind set about food. I have to look at it as nourishment only, not a source of enjoyment. Thats a total 180 from how I used to think, but thinking this way will make it just that much easier to get to my goal.

I, however, was disappointed yesterday. For the first time since I started this pre-op diet I got on the scale. I only lost 3 lbs. Everyone has been telling me how much weight they lost when doing this diet and I feel like I haven't lost anything. BUT, most importantly, I feel soooo much better than I did a week ago, thats for sure!

Well, thats about it. Once again, thank you to all of you!

~Meredith

Apples congrats on your Bandaversary!

mishap I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought more Boost High Protein,

I, however, was disappointed yesterday. For the first time since I started this pre-op diet I got on the scale. I only lost 3 lbs. Everyone has been telling me how much weight they lost when doing this diet and I feel like I haven't lost anything. BUT, most importantly, I feel soooo much better than I did a week ago, thats for sure!

~Meredith

Meredith, Boost has a good flavor, but It is to help you maintain weight, not lose it. I had boost and when I told My Dr. I had them he told me to be careful and not to drink them everyday because they are to help you maintain. So just use good judgment on them. I use a powder Protein mix and throw it in the blender with frozen black cherries or other frozen fruit and sometimes add 1 tbs of SF pudding. Taste so good! The frozen fruit helps me to stay full longer. I wish you all the best!

I have been done with Aunt Flo since I was 48. I am so happy I went through menopause early. Anyway after banding I had a little spotting 1 month and then I had a full blown period the next month and nothing since then. My Dr. said when we are obese our body sometimes acts like we are in menopause when were not. Then the band starts to straighten our bodies out and you start to have periods again. But I had been tested for menopause years ago when I first started having symptoms. I thought something was wrong. I know my mom started menopause early but never drempt I would also. But thank God I didn't go through it as long as she did! Any way the point I wanted to make was yes you could have periods all over the place until your body gets evened out.

Meredith, Boost has a good flavor, but It is to help you maintain weight, not lose it. I had boost and when I told My Dr. I had them he told me to be careful and not to drink them everyday because they are to help you maintain. So just use good judgment on them. I use a powder Protein mix and throw it in the blender with frozen black cherries or other frozen fruit and sometimes add 1 tbs of SF pudding. Taste so good! The frozen fruit helps me to stay full longer. I wish you all the best!

Thanks. I'm just going by what the nutritionist at my surgeons office told me to do. There are different kinds of Boost though. There is one that is made specifically help people maintain their weight and then there are 2 other types. The type I am on is the High Protein kind. I am staying under 1000 calories a day, so it is just to provide me with the proper Vitamins and nutrients before surgery. The dietitian also told me that it is ok to replace a meal with one after surgery as well. They are 240 cal and provide 15 grams of protein. So I guess if you are careful with them and use them how they are supposed to be used they can be helpful. Thanks for your insight.

Off to bed folks. Just thought I would check back in before bed to see if there is any new news.

Oh..... PJ- Glad things are getting back to normal for you. Hang in there girl!

~Meredith

Good afternoon.... I don't know what Juniperberries are, but Juneberries are a lot like a wild blueberry... A little more red than purple... Makes great pie... or ice cream topping if cooked.... I plan to manage the social just fine... Will probably have a little ice cream and taste the pie, but not worried about overdoing that.. It's the other things that get in my way... bread and crackers and Pasta..... and those lovely slider foods.. Today I've been good... Had a Special K Protein drink for breakfast.. They are relatively new and hadn't tried one.. I hate Slimfast and won't drink one again..... But this wasn't bad... Smaller and not as much Protein, but still a good meal replacement I think... And then I've just had hard protein the rest of the day.. I haven't been doing the grazing like yesterday.. I also did a workout today.... I used to own a fitness center and still have the equipment in storage... DH set it up for me and I did twice around the circuit with a friend... It's like Curves..... I handled it pretty well, so am happy to have accomplished that..... Then got all my ice cream mix made and dishes done.... Had a dip in the hot-tub and then a nice shower and am now ready for my little one to come at 4:30...... She will be here until noon tomorrow and then I'm off grandma duty until Sunday afternoon... I'm feeling better today.... Thanks for all the cheerleading girls.... I know I can get this back on track...... just need to concentrate better and quit being lazy about my food choices...

Pam, so glad you are better... I was worried about you. I'm a little gunshy after what happened to me.... Take care....

Meredith, the olives won't hurt you as much as the guilt over eating them... We have all done things like that... so relax ...you're almost there, girl....

I'm happy to say that I'm post menopausal and loving it... Don't miss all that monthly junk at all..... Was lucky to have it be easy, but still don't miss it....

I, too, wish we could all meet..... We'll have to work on that when we are all closer to goal. Hope you all have a nice evening... Too bad we can't all join Apples at her lake cabin and relax and enjoy the outdoors... She's a lucky girl that way...... Take care everyone... Julie

Julie - You sound so up - I am so happy to hear that you are feeling back in control - and it's not lazyness - it's just that eating healthy is more work - I know if I'm tried and don't feel like cooking - I could make a pot of Pasta and chow down on that - but you know what - I'm worth the work and really it's not that much more work to eat healthy as long as you shop that way - cuz there will always be something in the fridge that you can eat - last Thursday after house work was done for my LBT DD visit - I was hungry - it's 9 and I wasn't going to cook - so I had eggbeater with some veggies and a little 2% cheese - along with a whole wheat english muffin - eggs were 80 cal - english muff 130 - margerine - 50 - 260 cal for dinner - and I was happy and satisfied..

Ok peeps. Since my mishap with the olives I have done soooo much better. I hated the way the guilt made me feel! Mrs. Bubba, you are right, the guilt is what feels the worst. I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought more Boost High Protein, yogurt, and broth. Thank heavens I found Organic Mushroom Broth! It is just delicious! It's more expensive than other broths, but I don't care at all. To me it is so worth it. I am totally done with the whole cheating thing. No more for me! Especially after surgery! I WILL follow every single rule. I have vowed that to myself.

Laura- The Boost is actually pretty good! I know that it seems like a lot of calories, but if you use it as a meal replacement it might be good for you. It has 240 cal and 15 gms of protein in an 8 oz bottle. I put it over ice for breakfast and lunch and blend it with a light yogurt for my dinners with some ice as well. Mrs. B, this might be a better option for you as well? To me, slim fast tastes metallic or something.

I just cannot tell all of you how much I appreciate all of this help and support! I really don't know what I would do with out this site and especially this group. You have made this process much smoother than I could have ever imagined.

I've also begun to adopt a new mind set about food. I have to look at it as nourishment only, not a source of enjoyment. Thats a total 180 from how I used to think, but thinking this way will make it just that much easier to get to my goal.

~Meredith

Meredith

Glad you are over the guilt - this is pre-op not post op so no big foul - My doc gave me my pre-op shakes and bars -

you might want to check out " Bariatic Choice" Search Results for "bariatrichoice.com" they carry the Proti brand food - shakes - bars - snack - and clear Protein drinks that are like crystal lite - they are my fav... I used te clear pt drinks between meals to make sure I got all my protein in...

Hi gang~ Cute story to tell: A few weeks after my surgery, I was shopping in my local Publix grocery store. Diane, the produce manager, had noticed I had not been in (i think I told you guys that part), well.. I told her I had surgery and then she told me that her sister had Bypass a year earlier and was an NP as well. Then she told me that the Asst Mgr. of the store had the LapBand. Later we met and she was 2 years post op and had lost 90 lbs. She said she had another 90 to go, but certainly felt MUCH better and was off some of her meds. We had a nice chat for about 30 min or so. Well, these days I rarely go to the grocery store, as I try to stock up the freezer with Protein from wholesale(indiv. wrapped portions) and buy produce from the farmers market or stands. So I only go in Publix about every 2-3 weeks for milk/yogurt and such. Today I ran into the same asst. mgr. She had lost weight and looked soooo good! I immediately went and told her and she hugged and thanked me! She said that seeing me all "bright eyed and bushy tailed" about my gastric band had helped her re-evaluate her situation. She had gone in for a fill, attended a support group, and had started keeping track of her food and increasing Protein. She has lost 25 lbs in 2.5 months! And is now off all her diabetic meds! It was just a nice turn of events. Here i thought I was bugging her... picking her brain... and asking her tons of questions.. but in the end we were helping each other! : ) I love that.

Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to share.

peasout~ Laura

Hi gang~ Cute story to tell: A few weeks after my surgery, I was shopping in my local Publix grocery store. Diane, the produce manager, had noticed I had not been in (i think I told you guys that part), well.. I told her I had surgery and then she told me that her sister had Bypass a year earlier and was an NP as well. Then she told me that the Asst Mgr. of the store had the LapBand. Later we met and she was 2 years post op and had lost 90 lbs. She said she had another 90 to go, but certainly felt MUCH better and was off some of her meds. We had a nice chat for about 30 min or so. Well, these days I rarely go to the grocery store, as I try to stock up the freezer with Protein from wholesale(indiv. wrapped portions) and buy produce from the farmers market or stands. So I only go in Publix about every 2-3 weeks for milk/yogurt and such. Today I ran into the same asst. mgr. She had lost weight and looked soooo good! I immediately went and told her and she hugged and thanked me! She said that seeing me all "bright eyed and bushy tailed" about my gastric band had helped her re-evaluate her situation. She had gone in for a fill, attended a support group, and had started keeping track of her food and increasing Protein. She has lost 25 lbs in 2.5 months! And is now off all her diabetic meds! It was just a nice turn of events. Here i thought I was bugging her... picking her brain... and asking her tons of questions.. but in the end we were helping each other! : ) I love that.

Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to share.

peasout~ Laura

That is so cool that you meant someone that you actually helped and did not even know it

Hi everyone !! I have been so busy this week with different things that I haven't had time to post. I am feeling great now, I am starting to get really hungry. I believe I irritated band and caused it to swell and it made me so sick. I will go back June 15th and hopefully get back what he took out.

Have a great weekend. We are heading Saturday morning to a family reunion. I'm looking forward to this, I haven't been in a few years, 1 of the reasons is .. well...you know. :)

I have a story I want to share with you before I get off and go Iron a blouse for tomorrow. Last night I was over at DS & DIL for dinner. After dinner we were sitting around and I took out this little book I carry that has my before pic in it. I showed it to DS and he said Wow...he was amazed. He called his wife to take a look and she was shocked too, she said " you look like a totally different person " . I think since seeing me twice a week at least they didn't notice the weight change that much. janet...lol, It made me feel great !!!!!:thumbup:

Nite all, hope you are all doing well.

Charlene, sry about your hubbys surgery being put off. Hope all is ok with him.

Hugssss !!