Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Charlene, I'm terribly sick right now. Haven't had a meal since Tuesday night. Yesterday evening is when it got real bad. Hubby and I met DS & DIL at Abblebees. I ordered Chili thinking I might be able to handle it. Ran to the bathroom after every tiny bite. The most embarrassing thing happened to me :tongue_smilie: I pd right there at the table, my salava. Luckily we were in a corner booth. Got up this morning, I had some coffee and felt pretty good, then about 1 hr later I started freezing, hands were shaking, then my fingers were numb. The Dr was called and their office was open til 10 this morning, but I didnt know. By the time we got ahold of the DR on call, they were closed. He said go to ER since I need an IV...there is a problem there, I can't go to ER, my DH changed our Insurance and it won't be effective until July 1st. He was told June 1st. My part would be 2000.00. When I went to the ER after surgery because I was too tight, the bill was 10,000.

Warning to all you newbies, don't let this happen, if you PB everyday...call Dr. I waited too long. :)

Oh my...........stay on liquid diet till you can get help. If it is gallbladder a liquid diet without fat in it will help a lot. I hope you get relief soon. That is miserable. Please let us know what is going on.

Good Morning everyone. Down 2 lbs since yesterday, I wasn't able to keep anything down last night. I tried chicken noodle Soup, and popsicles. Couldn't keep Popsicle down either. A bit ago I got 2 Tylenol down since my head is killing me. My body aches all over from dehydration. I'm sitting here now sipping on Pedialyte, so far so good.

Mrs Bubba, you have a great day today!!!

Hubby is taking me to Mom's today so she can drive me to the Dr tomorrow, since he won't be able.

Have a great day everyone....will post tomorrow.

Pam

PJ,

For me if I eat anything really cold and my band is tight it feels like it makes it tighter. You might want to try staying with warm or hot things like tea that might help. I know if I try to eat icecream it makes be pb after a bite or two. Also try liquid Tylenol this helps me it is in the adult pain isle not the kids.

Again this is just things that I find work for me many people are different but I thought it might be worth a shot to get you through till you can see the Dr.

Good afternoon guys~

PJ~ GOODNESS GRACIOUS! You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! As an option to the ER, does your town have an ambulatory urgent care clinic? Sometimes those are a bit more reasonable, especially if paying cash. Hang in there. I have never had PB like you are talking about. I am also wondering if there is something else going on besides being too tight. But I know from the times I had it.. that one episode and the swelling just gets worse. Keep sipping the liquids. 1 day is right, sometimes some warm chicken broth might set better. Good luck and keep us informed of what happens!

DS is home... more later guys!!!

peasout!

PJ, please take care of your self! Just be sure and keep on sipping on the liquids, you have to keep liquids going in, no matter what! The wedding is over and they are gone on a cruise to Cozumel for a wk. ( I'm so jealous !! ) We had a bad storm on Friday but Sat. morning, we woke up to a big blue sky!! It was a little warm but we made it thru o.k. I did make good food choices, some turkey and fruit, so it was a GOOD day !!

Hi everyone, Just wanted to check in and say hi. Had a busy weekend, but did get all my exercise in. Did both step aerobics and walking Sat. and Sunday. Heading off with my girlfriends (10 in all) to another friend's house at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. I'll return on Thursday. This will be a challenge for me to see how I do away from home and with eating out alot and drinking, etc. etc. If I can maintain and not gain I'll be thrilled. Her house is right on the lake, so hopefully the weather will cooperate (no rain) and I'll be swimming everyday. We'll also be shopping a lot I'm sure (big outlet mall there). Have a great week everyone! Linda

PJ, good luck at the doctor's tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you'll be all better by the time I get home. Take care of yourself. Linda

Good Morning Gang

Pj - I have emailed you I wasnt on the computer when you IM me (don't know what day it was) I hope you are better today..

Just a quick pop in - As you all know my lbt DD is here from Oregon so we have been talking and talking went shopping on saturday and yesterday did some wii EA and talked more...

For me it's been great - I haven't snacked at night and have been sleeping like I have never slept before - scales this morning 136.5 !!! They have never gotten there before and I don't expect them to stay ;0) ... but as long as they don't go above 140 I'm cool.

Well just wanted to pop in real fast to let you all know I havent dropped of the face of the earth....

Hugs Janet

PJ, I hope you are feeling better. I am wondering, too, if your problem is something other than a tight band. The muscle pain and headache makes me wonder - that could be dehydration, but it could also be a flu bug... As others have recommended, keep with the warm liquids, broth, tea, etc. Those things help loosen my band when it is tighter in the mornings. Will you be able to see a doctor soon?

PJ- You poor thing. I hope that you get better soon! Lauras suggestion about the clinic is a great idea. Check into that if possible.

Well everyone, I am on day 4 of strict liquids. I have NOT cheated at all even though I have been tempted to. I am on 4 Boost high Protein 8 oz drinks, 2 light yogurts, and am allowed 2 half cup servings of sf Jello and 2 one cup servings of low sodium broth per day. The broth is disgusting to me, so I think I'm gonna steer clear of that, but the jello does help a little. I actually feel pretty good, it has given me so much energy.

I went today and bought a new pair of running shoes, sports bras, socks, and work out capri pants. The weather is beautiful here and I am excited to go for a walk this evening. Before I do that though I have to do some housework and a TON of laundry!

The countdown is on until June 26th!:)

More later. Gotta get to work here!

-Meredith

Hi everyone~

PJ~ Thinking about you and waiting news to hear what the doctor said and did. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Janet~ WTG with the 136.5!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! That is awesome! I am so proud of you! Also so glad you are having fun with your lbt DD. : ) We've missed you on here daily, but are holding down the fort in your absence. ; )

Meredith~ It sounds like you are doing great! More than a 1/3 done! That's wonderful that you have so much energy! I never tried the Boost. I remember looking at them for post op and b/c of the calories didn't get them. But if they are tasty, it might be a good solution to the post fill days when I have to stay on liquids. Which flavor do you like the best? I love the positive attitude about the exercise! WTG!

I went to the gym this morning after taking a week off for the vacation. I did walk a lot last week.. but nothing like I usually do in the gym. Boy, did I feel it today! Before I left I was able to do 15 full sit ups (the good ole fashioned army ones)! When I first started working out with this trainer a month and a half ago I couldn't do ONE! Well, today.... I was so bummed... I couldn't do ONE! I also wasn't as strong with my other weights as I was. It taught me a valuable lesson.. that even on vacation, I can do some stuff in my hotel room (push ups, sit ups, squats...etc.) I know I will get back in the swing of things.. it just showed me how easy it is to lose it if you don't use it!

I talked my sister into coming to visit next month. She hasn't been away for a LONG time. For the last few years she was always working, until she got laid off in November. And then since then she has spent every free moment trying to get approved and scheduled for surgery. Now that she is 2 weeks post op and doing great... she decided she should come down before looking for work again. She is doing REALLY well. She went from 259 surgery day to 247 today! That's a bypass for you! I told her I was proud of her and she started crying when she realized she had passed my weight already. It was sweet really. She felt "bad" and was afraid it would hurt my feelings. I told her that I am so happy she is getting healthy and would NEVER be sad b/c she is losing weight! We had a long talk about her decision to have bypass and mine to have the band. I still stand by my decision... that for ME... the band was the RIGHT choice. It's funny that I am the younger sister and find myself reassuring her most of the time, for many aspects of life. But what are sisters for?

ok ... off to cook some dinner. SH on-call... and DS is hungry after a busy day of summer camp!

peasout~ Laura

Hey Gang........Life is good. Got home today about noon. Just in time to make the farmers their meal. Knee deep in laundry, scrubbing, etc.

Have a great time with DD, Janet, and congrats on the scale news!

Sounds like you are doing great, Meredith. Hang in there and just grab a SF Jello when you feel tempted. I love the jello with FF cool whip but not sure if that is included in your diet. Think so? Just adds a little something to it. I will be my bandiversary on Wed of this week. I was also on the 14 day liquids and can barely remember it now. Just think how you will feel a year from now. Try to start with mini goals and you will be on your way!

Long.....sounds like you are in the right frame of mind with DD. At her age you kind of just have to be there for her but let her make her own mistakes. Been there and done with with both our DS's. If you feel you did what you could in raising her, she will come around and remember what she was taught.

PJ...anxious to hear how you are doing today. Hope things are better.

LJV...have fun with your GF's. Sounds like a nice, relaxing vacation.

Julie...how was the pie social. Try to put the troubles of last weekend in the past. Just a bump in the road. You did what you should have by apologizing. I notice with myself that I am somewhat more emotional and sensitive this past year after my banding. Think it's just been so many changes, so many new emotions to deal with, so many weird reactions by so called "friends", etc. I just try to stick to what I think is right and go from there.

Well, off to try on some dresses that have been hanging in the closet for a couple of months with the tags still on them. Have 5 weddings coming up and going to put on a "style show" for myself. Gotta see how the dresses look with the few new pair of shoes I got to go with them.

Hope everyone has had a good day and a good weekend.

Hey Gang........Life is good.

I will be my bandiversary on Wed of this week.

Apples~ Congrats! WOW! You have done so amazing! Where did the year go? A year ago, Did you ever think you would be where you are now? Can you repeat loudly "I AM AN INSPIRATION!"? B/c that's what all you successful ladies are to us newbie bansters! : )

peas

Apples~ Congrats! WOW! You have done so amazing! Where did the year go? A year ago, Did you ever think you would be where you are now? Can you repeat loudly "I AM AN INSPIRATION!"? B/c that's what all you successful ladies are to us newbie bansters! : )

peas

Thanks for the kind words, Laura. I had a lot of people that inspired me in the beginning and am continued to be amazed by all of you.

Not sure where that year went but think it flew by because I had my nose to the grindstone. And did I think I would be where I am now??????? Yep is my answer. I just KNEW that with the help of the LB that there was a light at the end of the tunnel!:bored: Best thing I ever did. I am so happy. Mostly with how healthy and active I am. I wish that for all of you.:thumbup:

Laura, how nice to have your sis come down. You two are going to such great support for one another. Congrats on getting back to the gym after vacation too!

Apples, yep do feel that DH & I did the best we knew how raising our kids, but still when she makes such stupid decisions I can't help but wonder if we could've done something differently. I'm getting better at accepting regardless she has free will and can either accept or reject what she was taught. She's one that always has to learn things the hard way. Hopefully she got it this time! GRRRR

Janet, congrats on teh 136!! WOW!! I can't imagine. I just want 179 right now and then 169, am still stuck about 180 to 181 though it fluctuates daily. I want 179 by my one year post op visit with my surgeon as his first goal for me was anything under 180. It would be so coool to hit it by then.

Had dinner with a friend of a friend who had lap band surgery last Oct. She hit 100 lbs lost already. So cool to see, and they said us banders would take 3 years to lose weight like that!

Edited by Great2BThin
I shouldn't post at 4am

Good Morning Gang

Apples - Happy Band-Anniversary today !!! WTG !!!

Meredith - WTG you are doing great - pre-op isn't easy- make homemade broth - it's so much better - save the meat and veggies for when you get to full liquids (freezed them) then thaw and blend....

Laura Glad your sis is doing well - and that you are getting back into your exercise - my trainer says you gotta keep up with it or it's easy to lose

Long - Your 179 will come - I know how bad you want it - but remember 125 in 1 yr...

Well Just a quick ck in before dd gets up - today is her last day - we were up till 1 last night - gotta be at the airport around 2:30 today

Here's pic of Me & DD in our size 2 pants...