Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Just got home from Walmart and getting my Miralax, it looks like it is a powder (haven't opened it yet). I will give it a try. I will also up my Water and be more concious just how much I am getting. As for fat, I think I am getting that in okay. I am going to go back to daily tracking on dailyplate so I can figure out what's working and what's not. I saw some new drink mixes by Kellogs in the fiber/laxative section. You mix it in a bottle of water and it has 10g of Fiber in it. Am wondering if that would be worth a try as well. Thanks for all the helps for my 'problem'. I was never so miserable as I was last night and I don't want that to happen again.

Everyone must be busy with holiday preparations. I am about ready. I have the kitchen set up so hubby has to take me to dinner tonight! Having issues with DSIL that always has to get her 2cents in everything. She doesn't want to host things but wants to tell everyone else what to do. DH spoke up to his mom anyway and think he got his point across. DSIL wasn't home. Am sure he'll be speaking to her tonight. I just hope there's no bad tensions or feelings tomorrow night. I did find out DH is getting me a medical ID Bracelet from Lauren's Hope. He couldn't figure out how to order it and exactly what I wanted put on it so I am supposed to help him order it. Even though I had it all written out for him. LOL

If I don't get back on tomorrow (though I think I will) I don't want to miss the opportunity to thank each of you for all the support you provide and wish you a very

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I need to talk Constipation, excuse the topic and bluntness. Since banding, I've had issues in that area but normally can resolve them with stool softners, Fiber tablets etc. But it seems to be getting worse and harder and harder to relieve. I am now taking Colace stool softners daily (dr office said this was okay), taking 4 fiber tablets a day, and going to up my Water. Last night my husband went to the store for an enema, which luckily I ended up not needing. I guess I am needing more fiber??? I don't get much, and maybe things might, ummm, soften up with more Water so am making efforts to double my intake there. Any other suggestions? And when it happens how do you relieve things? Sorry to talk about such an unpleasant topic. My fiber intake went down, when I uppped the Protein due to hair loss and wasn't getting the minimums there.

I have had chronic constipation since long before surgery. I too take stool softeners (I get generic Colace--cheaper--you can get a two-pack at Costco). The pharmacy told me it was safe to take up to two a day, which I do, routinely. When that is not enough, I take a senna laxative (Senokot or generic versions) for a day or two, and that usually straightens me out. I investigated colon cleansers, but the one I finally tried (First Cleanser--for first timers) didn't impress me; I do better with the senna laxative. I take fiber tablets sometimes (chewables) but I am finding they increase flatulence. The chewables have Inulin as their fiber source. GNC carries a flavored powder, Women's (and Men's) Ultramega, which technically is a Vitamin supplement, but it has Inulin in it and is sweetened with Spenda (sucralose). It doesn't have as much Protein as some of the protein powders, but it has some, bumped up with skim or light milk and you get a decent amount of protein. It has Vitamins included too. I sometimes make a smoothie with the vanilla flavor, adding some cinnamond, ground flax seed, and frozen fruit (no need for ice--fruit takes care of that). I get a tasty smoothie with protein, Vitamins, fiber, and it tastes pretty good too. I also find sometimes exercise helps with the constipation. The abdominal machine at Curves especially. I walk a lot also.

Well hello tonight Gang! (Tuesday Evening). I got all of my gifts in order for the family and got my house cleaned up. Tonight I am going to do some cooking for tomorrow night. We are having terrible weather here today and tonight. Like an ice storm. I feel sorry for the people here who have to travel cause the roads are really bad. I was going to go out for a while tonight but dont know now. Anyway I havent walked in 4 days. I haven't made time and the weather hasn't helped either. After Xmas I will join a fit club. Also, I haven't been eating right either. I have been trying to get all Protein in every day but having a little something here and there. I have been to two parties and LUCKILY I was hungry when I got there, had some wine, who too stressed because I was hungry and could not eat much. Thanks to this band I could not eat alot even if I wanted to. I am going to clear out my house after christmas and get back on the horse. I am not eating alot, but I am nervous right now from the holidays so I am just picking at things off and on throughout the day. :thumbup: I forgot, but what do the papaya tablets do? Got some good deals at the malls lately. I am pretty much getting holiday broke now so need to slow down with shopping. After this, will head to the movies for a while on Fri nights. Thats my night out with my sister. If I don't get on here tomorrow then I would like to wish each and every one of you fellow bandsters a very Merry and safe Christmas:tt1:. I will take some time to count all of my blessings (including this band) and going to Xmas mass tomorrow evening.

Beckyo:thumbup:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

8_2_85v.gif

8_2_63v.gif

5_2_109.gif

8_2_110.gif

8_2_109.gif

8_2_111.gif

8_2_94v.gif 8_2_57v.gif

8_2_61v.gif

8_2_76v.gif

36_15_61.gif

HUGS!!

Edited by phyllser

Long, I answered you on the 50 thread. Anyway, Miralax is not thick like metamucil. You shouldn't have a problem with it. It is a little expensive, but it works without side effects.

I have had chronic Constipation since long before surgery. I too take stool softeners (I get generic Colace--cheaper--you can get a two-pack at Costco). The pharmacy told me it was safe to take up to two a day, which I do, routinely. When that is not enough, I take a senna laxative (Senokot or generic versions) for a day or two, and that usually straightens me out. I investigated colon cleansers, but the one I finally tried (First Cleanser--for first timers) didn't impress me; I do better with the senna laxative. I take Fiber tablets sometimes (chewables) but I am finding they increase flatulence. The chewables have Inulin as their fiber source. GNC carries a flavored powder, Women's (and Men's) Ultramega, which technically is a Vitamin supplement, but it has Inulin in it and is sweetened with Spenda (sucralose). It doesn't have as much Protein as some of the Protein powders, but it has some, bumped up with skim or light milk and you get a decent amount of protein. It has Vitamins included too. I sometimes make a smoothie with the vanilla flavor, adding some cinnamond, ground flax seed, and frozen fruit (no need for ice--fruit takes care of that). I get a tasty smoothie with protein, Vitamins, fiber, and it tastes pretty good too. I also find sometimes exercise helps with the constipation. The abdominal machine at Curves especially. I walk a lot also.

Thanks, might have to check out GNC after the first of the month. I do have flax seed, just not using it like I should. I am exercising, though skipped today and probably tomorrow. I did seem a little better today.

Long, I answered you on the 50 thread. Anyway, Miralax is not thick like metamucil. You shouldn't have a problem with it. It is a little expensive, but it works without side effects.

I saw that, I thought I had my threads confused. Thanks. The bottle says not to be taken more than 7 days, but you take it daily?? I know some laxatives can become habit forming in that your body gets so used to it that it can't 'go' without it anymore. Does Miralax do that? Just took my first glass and it wasn't bad at all, virtually tasteless, I really didn't beleive that it would be.

Long, after my last colon surgery the surgeon put me on Miralax and Dr. Davis said it was fine to take daily. I buy the large bottle.....30 day supply. You may not need it daily, but I take as a preventative against colon problems.

Long, after my last colon surgery the surgeon put me on Miralax and Dr. Davis said it was fine to take daily. I buy the large bottle.....30 day supply. You may not need it daily, but I take as a preventative against colon problems.

Thanks Arlene. I bought the 14 day supply to see how it works, that stuff is expensive. But if it works it will be worth it.

Just got home from work, got my chili in the crockpot at 5am before work and now to work on the rest and I am going to try and take a nap this morning so I can stay up later tonight and not be so tired and enjoy it.

Peeked at the scale this morning, up 2.5!! YIKES!! Dang Fritos! I had them in the house for the chili, they are a major red light food for me. And something I turn to when upset, etc. We are dealing with an issue with our son (25yrs old so he's not a kid) and I opened them and have eaten a whole bag in a couple days. That's my confession. Unfortunately they go right through my band no problem at all.

Good Morning Gang...

Merry Christmas Eve.....

Got the Cookies done last night really only had like 2 1/2 - one broken one and 1 1/2 choc chip - I gotta say baking with splenda isn't the same as real sugar - I made a batch of sugar Cookies with the splenda - when you cream the butter & splenda together it turns watery.. They came out a little doughy - could have used more sugar/splenda - with frosting on them they aren't bad - but they aren't great - The choc chip aren't the greatest either - but I guess that's good so I won't keep eating them... We didn't tell DS, DGS OR DGD that I made them w/splenda or he wouldn't eat them...

I am not a big chip eater - but I have some in the cupboard right now had a cup full the other night... Those 2 lbs are most likely mainly Water :thumbup:

Becky with your weather I wouldn't be out walking either - we have our bands to help us that's why we got them. We do have a better way of thinking about what we are eating and we are at least thinking before we eat - where before we didn't even thing about what we put in our mouths.. and I am really proud of all you ladies here - cuz imho you are all doing so great - I am almost 1 1/2 yrs out and you guys are mostly just 5 - 6 months out..

I will send my Christmas wishes when I get home today - so I can insert my cute smileys -

Well gotta get back to work - TTYL

Janet I hope you had a Merry Christmas too! Of course I ate too much. I am not weighing till Monday. I got stuck on a deviled egg. So I will just add that to my list of "no! no! " foods. Of course the sliders slid right down with no problems. I left all the sweets at my DS's. Tomorrow it's "back to the future"......walk.....journal......walk....journal. I am ready for a NEW YEAR!:tongue2::thumbup::blush:

8_6_45.gif

Hi Gang! This is Christmas night!. My family has all gone to their homes and so it is now just me and DH. I hope all of you had a safe and very fun holiday. I know I did. My kids all loved everything that we gave them and my grandboys really had a good time. I didn't "overeat" because the band won't let me but I have noticed today that it seems very hard for me to eat Protein. If I don't go real, real slow then I have been getting stuck very easily. I gotta get back on it tomorrow also and back to walking. I had alot of compliments over the last week. Everybody thought I was looking good.:tongue2: I just hope I can get back in the groove and follow the plan without too much problem. I hope I didn't mess up my weight loss momentum cause I was going real steady. Tonight I am really tired from all of this. Tried to get a nap today but didn't happen, so early to bed. Love ya all.

Beckyo:teeth_smile:

hello was band in may lost so much weight inthe beginning i thought this would be easy sailing well now iam at a stand still the weather is cold so i can't walk or jog and i hate the gym even though i pay for a membership just needed to vent! and i am over eatting like a PIG more borded then anything:(

hello was band in may lost so much weight inthe beginning i thought this would be easy sailing well now iam at a stand still the weather is cold so i can't walk or jog and i hate the gym even though i pay for a membership just needed to vent! and i am over eatting like a PIG more borded then anything:(

Ladie - you did not say anything about fills, but do you think you need one? I know the band won't do it all - but if you need a fill the band can't help you... I hope you can get out soon - the weather has been so bad for so many around the country! Maybe getting in your walking and/or jogging will get you back on track.

Hi there,

Gosh this is big, every once in a while I have trouble with fonts and it won't let me change them, so please forgive the hugeness.

I had a great Chrsitmas. Ate too much and am up about 4 lbs total. Some has to be Water retention but I know from some of the foods I ate that it can't be all. I also seem to be getting quite loose again so will monitor it and see if I need a fill. Last night I took my sox off and I had a big ring around my ankle so I know they were puffy. I got Ann Taylor gift cards for a total of $75, a Visa gift card for $100 and $200 cash for clothes, from hubby, kids and others. I am set!! I plan on saving some for some spring clothes. Today I went bargain hunting. My biggest bargain was a leather jacket at Penney's. They were marked from $225 to $49.99 until 1pm today. I had to work til 1030 so was worried they wouldnt' have any left. They did, and then when I checked out she asked if I had the coupon for $10 more off, I didn't but she gave it to me anyway so got it for $39.99!!! I got to Ann Taylor and tried to use one of the gift cards and they said it had 0 value. My daughter is upset but luckily still has the receipt so once she can get it to me, I hope to be able to get that rectified. I did get a sweater there.

We had Christmas eve here and Christmas day at my inlaws. I took all the left over goodies there in zip loc bags and left them, so thehouse is almost purged of all the bad slider foods that I nibble on way too much if they are around.

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

I was just thinking, this is going to be the first New Years in like forever, that my resolution won't be to lose 100 lbs!! WOO HOO!!