Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Becky and Apples, your weather sounds downright tropical! :confused_smile: Sitting here at 14 BELOW ZERO currently and it's only 6pm. We had a high of 60 yesterday and todays high was about 3 above. One more degree and we break the record low. When I went to bed last night it was 45 and got super windy abuot 11pm and woke up to 3 below. Amazing it can change like that. And that doesn't include the wind chill with that they said it was much colder. I hate to see my gas bill this month. I am so cold and the furnace won't shut off. And I have a new home that's super insulated.

BRRRRR! The older I get the more I like the warm weather even though it is humid. How do your knees handle the cold? My back hurts big time when a front is coming in. I think your weather will be moving down here in a few days. Of course it won't be that cold. And you have to get out early for your new job. :thumbup: Take care!

Hey everyone - I'm back from my business trip to Palm Springs. I have a week's worth of thread to read, but I don't have the energy right now.

Phyl and Janet - Thought of you both the rest of the week. It was so great to meet you. I know you were cold, but for me the weather was ideal. I had a little bit of time on Tues to sit by the pool.

Now I'm back tot he old routine. I see the doc on Thursday and I'm going to beg for a fill before the end of the year. I can still eat way too much. I'm sending out vibe that the fourth fill will be the charm.

Well, got to get back to work. Good to be back to LBT!

Kathy

Good Morning Gang...

Well I can't compete with the minus degree weather - but I live in the desert and it's raining today and @ 11:30 it's only 46 degrees - Cold for us :0)....

Lori - How did the weigh in go - I would use your regular weigh in day as what goes on your ticker... Fingers crossed

Apples - Your dog eats popcorn :) Glad you had a good time at the wedding - I know that I enjoy it when I see my Son dressed up too...

Becky

This is why I say stay off the scales -

I am too felt like you - that this whole weight loss thing was totally unbeleivable... I was just like you waiting for the shoe to drop and the weight loss to stop.. But you know what it didn't - the only thing I would say is that you need to increase your exercise some - you have been walking 2.4 miles for a while now - and with your extra treats - just add 15 minutes to eack walk...

There are days now that I might not get my veggies in - heck for the last 2 nights I have had chili - no veggies there - tonite I am back to my fish rice and veggies..

If there is no hair in your brush don't sweat it - and if there is increase your intake of fat some - my hairdresser says it's the lack of fat in our diets - I had a gf who did medifast and she lost tons of hair - so it's not the Protein issues - I agree with my hair dresser - it's the lack of fat issue - and since I am a lover of anything with fat/oil/butter etc - I still get enough and haven't had any problem with Hair loss.< /p>

Also I agree with Apples no unplanned treats -no impluse treats - I too plan mine - ie - none of the treats here in the office - so that I can have some next week with GD's...

I was at Target on Saturday - I love white choc - i almost (on impluse) got a white kit kat & white reese candy bars - I hadn't eaten all day - well that would have been 440 calories on 2 stupid candy bars - well I put them back - wasn't worth it - If you knew the caloires in that cookie dough I bet you might not eat it..

Kathy Glad you made it home safely - I was thinking about that last night :0)

Hey everyone - I'm back from my business trip to Palm Springs. I have a week's worth of thread to read, but I don't have the energy right now.

Phyl and Janet - Thought of you both the rest of the week. It was so great to meet you. I know you were cold, but for me the weather was ideal. I had a little bit of time on Tues to sit by the pool.

Now I'm back tot he old routine. I see the doc on Thursday and I'm going to beg for a fill before the end of the year. I can still eat way too much. I'm sending out vibe that the fourth fill will be the charm.

Well, got to get back to work. Good to be back to LBT!

Kathy

Hi, Kathy!!

WELCOME "HOME" (LBT)!!

It WAS great to meet you and thanks so much for the wonderful brunch!

Hope you get that fill you want/need!! Stand your ground! Cry and carry on! Do whatever it takes!! Throw a fit!

:):biggrin::frown::biggrin::mellow::biggrin::cool2::biggrin::tt2::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It is COLD here today and pouring down rain!! Was just light showers earlier, so we went to Water aerobics anyway. Pool Water is HOT, and no wind, so it was fairly comfortable. Then we all went in the hottest hot tub... the one we call the "Lobster Pot". Only 9 of us showed up... less than 1/2 the normal. The die hards!

Guess who is still in first place at the Weight Loss challenge?? Folks can weigh in til 9pm, there are 40 people in it, however, as of 230 only 6 have weighed in. I think folks have given up, etc. However, my biggest 2 competitors weighed in while I was there. I hadn't weighed yet. Oh the stress of not knowing. One guy (the closest to me) lost big and I figured his percentage and he was at 13.6% lost (I was at 11.40% before today). Could I do it? Well after Joye finished weighing in the boys, I ran in the restroom and changed into my weigh in clothes (it was 16 below zero when I went to work this morning I had way to many layers to weigh in). I put on my lightest capris and tshirt and even took off the socks. Stepped on the scale.....OMG!! 7 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That gave me 37 lbs lost for the challenge and 14.6%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I beat him by 1% only but it's enough. So I am at 14.6, he's at 13.6 and the other guy is at 12.6, very tight. So unless some bigloser comes in tonight, I should be the winner. I should find out sometime tomorrow. For the challenge you didn't have to do weekly weigh ins, you could just weigh the first and last week if you wanted to, but I would think if you were doing good, you'd go in for the weekly weigh ins and prizes. That's my hope anyway. Oh and that loss on my home scale takes me to a total of 92 lbs. but I will see what the scale says on Thurs. before I change my ticker to see if any of it comes back (fluid retention after no more Water pills).

And to make my day even better, went shopping to Bass Pro Shops for hubby's Christmas present. Well I did a little looking for me. Who knew? But they have some pretty decently prized jeans and I liked them, tried them on and VOILA!! 14's!!!!! Of course, I bought them.

I am sitting here wrapped my my blankie. It's so friggin' cold! We got -18 last night, broke some 1901 record. The high today is about 3 but wind chill is -12. It's DH's birthday today and we are going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, it will be so cold coming out tonight. He loves Italian but I don't and really don't want Pasta. Would've done it, but my daughter is having so many gastrointestinal issues and on a restricted diet til she she's the gastroentrologist on Fri. and she for sure can't have pasta, etc. so Option #2 was steak. Works for me!

Congrats, Long!!

Sounds like you're going to be the winner!!

We're under our blankies, too, but it's 47 degrees here, and pouring down rain! We're freezing. This is our "Judge Judy" and wine time, but neither of us wants to get out from under our blankie to go pour the wine, so I'm drinking my crystal lite!

7_4_33.gif

Hey ladies! It sure was a cold day today here (Monday). Didn't get my walk in today. Got so much stuff to do between now and Christmas. I rarely miss the walk though. I don't know girls. I feel like I am falling off. Today I had unjury and milk for b, lunch was 1 cup of chilli, supper was half cup of chinese. I feel like it was all wrong. I think too much sodium. Janet, no more scales. Tomorrow is my Dr day but depends on weather if I travel there or wait a week or twol. I don't think I need a fill but don't know for sure. Like I said I don't want to use all of my fill space up if I have a 4cc band and I am at 2.77 so far. Last week was the first week I did't loose something but I havent been following perfectly. I need to get back in the groove with fruits and veggies. At least I didn't eat cookie dough today. Apples, I don't know how you cook soo much good food and are not tempted. I cook alot also but alot of the time, I cook things for my lifestyle. If I had to cook all that good food for a bunch of guys, I would be in deep doodoo. I'll just be glad when I get all of this Christmas goodies out of here. I can resist if it is only there once in a while. On Wed. I will be making a German or Slyvanian yeast bread called "POTICA". No one in my DH family learned how to make it but me. I learned from his Grandma. Anyway, it is a yeast dough, rolled out into about a 3 foot circle. Then on that I spread a mixture of honey, nuts and chocolate, egg and butter mixture. I roll the bread on a large white sheet on my dining table. then I lift the end of the sheet and gradually roll the dough with the mixture on it, and it rolls and rolls until it is one long piece. Arrange it in an angel food cake pan. Raise it again and then bake. I make 10 a:rolleyes::):wink:t a time and it takes all day and night to get them finished. Pass them out to his family for Xmas. They are SCRUMPTIOUS. Thank god I only make them at holiday. We keep two (one for Xmas, one for Easter). That will be the last thing I make out of the ordinary. Then after Xmas I can get back to normal I hope. I am crabby tonight cause I have been sidetracked. I don't even want to go there with that issue. I have been doing so well on this program. Janet, it is hard for me to walk that 2.4 every day sometimes (got a large very steep hill and a small hill). In January I going to join Fit Club and do Water stuff. Have a bad back so have to build up very slowly. Thanks to all of you for all of your input. I need it right now.

Beckyo

I WON!!!!!

They told me today. I will get my money soon and she wasn't sure of the exact amount but it was over $500, rumor I heard was $700. YAHOO!! The man I was so concerned about beating me came in third, another woman came in 2nd, I beat her by less than a percentage point. WHEW!! My kids joked last night that it meant Christmas just got better for them, I said no way,that money is mine! I intend to either put it in my cruise fund or my wardrobe fund.

Speaking of Christmas, my son called while at the mall yesterday wanting Christmas ideas. I think I am getting an Ann Taylor gift card!! WOO HOO!! I usually think they are cop outs but this year would prefer the card than the item. My reasoning is after Christmas everything will be cheaper and I can save it to use for different sizes as I go down.

We went to dinner last night for hubby's birthday, we went to Texas Roadhouse, had never been before. Oh my it was yummy!! My daughter and I can split an entree and are completely satisfied.

I finished my Christmas shopping today so am going to wrap next. All I have left is food shopping for Christmas eve and I will do that on Monday. I was stressing over getting it all done and here I am over a week before Christmas. Now I can put my feet up, sit by the fire, put on the Christmas music and relax!

Good Morning Ladies -Sorry I was MIA yesterdays - I read but didn't have time to post.. Then last night went to see gf who's dh has blood clots in his lungs - ended up staying for dinner didn't get home till like 8. Oh ya I bp'd on carrots - I usually am very careful when I am out - the carrots were soft just ate too fast and didn't chew.

Lori -CONGRATULATIONS....

Becky - I am glad that you are going gym after the first - IMHO I think we need to increase the intensity or length of time we exercise (there are 2 school of thoughts on this one - you burn more calories in a shorter time when you increase intensity - where as you can still burn 300 calories but gotta work out for longer at a slower speed)..

Also - I do have days that I don't get my veggies in - but you know what now - after a day or two of not having them I really do crave them - veggie of the month for me is spinach...

Joann - How are you doing??? Have you moved to soft foods yet - I had to do 10 days each stage.. Oh I just looked at calendar you have only been banded 13 days.. Well I know you are on mushies - so your doc is diff - but that's not unusual :;0)

I will food shop this weekend for Xmas - We would normally have tamales Xmas Eve but since the kids have to leave Xmas day - I think we will have a nice Prime Rib dinner Xmas Eve -

I think my shopping is done - need to get gift cards - but may just give cash - will see how the weekend goes.

Well it's 8 gotta get to work - cbl - promise:tongue:

Hey Gang where is everyone !!!!

Apples - Lori - Charlene - Boos - Becky - Joann - Ellen

Hope you are all doing well..

The sweets were calling me today - I was just plan a$$ hungry today - had 4 oz of fish for Breakfast - chili for lunch and the 1/2 See's candy - threw the other half away - then had sf choc candy- clear Protein Drink - handful of nuts a piece of cheese. I guess about 736 cal - dinner will be LC Alfredo w/scallops so that's 400 - popcorn - and fudgecicle will give me about 1450 for the day - so I guess I am doing OK - plus I did 1 hr of arms at the gym tonite -

I am still afraid of eating too much... I feel too good to go back to a candy here a candy there... cuz it all adds up.. But gotta say I really could have eaten more today..

Not hungry right now - but never am right after the gym..

It has rained since 10 last night - it looks like its slowing down - it's been cold and really dark today - a day to stay in the house IMHO.

Well that's my day in a nutshell - how have all you been - how are you doing with all the Xmas treats?? Be strong - remember to allow yourself at least one indulgence - but make sure it's planned for.. And if you do go over board - eat a little less or lighter at your next meal & increase your exercise a bit..

Well, I was just cking in... Will check back later - stay warm and safe...

Janet, you are too funny. I was going to get on here and ask "where have you been", but now I know.

I am going to the dr. tomorrow for a fill or at least get back some of what he took out 2 weeks ago. I think I have figured out the pb thing. It is eating too fast the first couple of bites after I have gone too long without eating. Does that make sense?

Oh, good news....my DH will be called back to work on Janurary 5th. Thank you Jesus! .....and also my mother is out of the nursing home and back on her own at the retirement home. Now maybe I can conscentrate on my band journey again.:shades_smile::thumbup::confused:

Janet, you are too funny. I was going to get on here and ask "where have you been", but now I know.

I am going to the dr. tomorrow for a fill or at least get back some of what he took out 2 weeks ago. I think I have figured out the pb thing. It is eating too fast the first couple of bites after I have gone too long without eating. Does that make sense?

Oh, good news....my DH will be called back to work on Janurary 5th. Thank you Jesus! .....and also my mother is out of the nursing home and back on her own at the retirement home. Now maybe I can conscentrate on my band journey again.:shades_smile::thumbup::confused:

Hey Charlene - Ya Sunday I don't think I posted - then Monday nite didn't post got home late - same thing last night - but tonight back to my reg routine.

Yep - the eating too fast and not chewing will will do it everytime - heck last night I pb'd on soft carrots - it's cuz they tasted good - I thought oh these are just carrots - 1 bit - then another chew chew swallow - well back they came...

It really is about tiny bites , chewing and eating slowly... Thats the real key to not bping - and not taking that one bite too many..

Oh SO HAPPY FOR YOU - DH & MOM... GREAT NEWS - LOOKS LIKE 2009 IS GOING TO BE A GOOD YR AFTER ALL..

GREAT NEWS, CHARLENE!!!!!!!!!! Whew, huh?

Yep, this thread has been quite. Had computer troubles so had our neighbor swing by on his way home to take care of it (He owns his computer business at the age of 22). Cool kid and has a very nice store. Anyway, no access for most of the evening. Bought a lap top and was delivered tonight also. Will be fighting DH for it while we are on our trip.

Janet...been treating myself to Christmas goodies when I get the urge. My DH is my taste tester but every couple of days I want a bite for myself. I just cut a small piece off and eat it. What got me into trouble in the first place is tasting. I really watch that habit. I figure a couple of times a week and less than 50 cals can't be too bad. I'm still trying to build up my calories to where they should be. Just do not want anything to become a "bad" habit ever again. I find that my Pure Protein bars really satisfy and have 20gr Protein. I allow one daily and just take a bite or two at a time. That way I get to have a little choc with my coffee.

Delivered homemade treats today to some friends. Was nice to have a little Christmas visit with each of them for awhile. Tomorrow I volunteer, Friday I take an 88yr old friend to see her son who had surgery and is 70 miles away in hospital. Volunteer at 4 on Friday in hospital gift shop, Friday night have a Christmas party at friends. Saturday will be doing some Christmas baking for our family get togethers. Sunday going to have friends at our house for a Christmas party. I love this time of year!

Better catch the news...they are talking a bad winter storm for our area again starting on Friday. Everyone take care and will catch up with you tomorrow. sleep tight!!!!!!

Good Morning Gang...

Oh the snow on the mountains surrounding me (I live in a valley) is so beautiful!!! It's very very low.. Just a wondrous site..

Yep Apples - I too am very watchful of those bad habits - that's why I threw away 1/2 that piece of candy I started to eat yesterday - I will be doing my baking next week - so that will be my planned indulgence.

You have a very busy week - I bet your Friends are so surprised to see the new you !!!

Well just cking in - CBL :ohmy:

Hi everyone! Janet, wish I could have seen the snow on the mtns during my visit. It would have been fun sitting by the pool looking at snow!!

Went to the doc today and no fill. I was a little disappointed, but he wants me to work on better eating habits before he does the next fill. He's not sure I'm eating correctly - and he may be right. It's easy to get the wrong foods down so that's what I tend to gravitate to. I'm seeing him in three weeks and we'll decide then.

Oh well, off to lunch... Kathy