Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Great definition on introverts, Janet. I actually am not around people 24/7..that's one of the reasons I volunteer. I work out of the home and 15 miles from town and miss seeing people. Heck, there are times that I would not leave the farm for a week at a time. Too much for me. When I had my business I had enough of people by the end of the day and loved just being at home.

Yes, had severe physical and sexual abuse as a child but took care of business and sought help when I was in my thirties. It's something that is always inside of me but I learned how to deal. Plus, broke the pattern and was (and still am) the best damned mom in the world!!!!!!!!LOL

This is the recipe I use for Cookies. It only makes a few and I just stick them in a baggy. When I have a large amount of people, I use the regular recipe. But for me and DH this is the one:

3 TBLS non fat ricotta cheese

3 TBLS light butter (I use I can't believe)

2/3 cup Splenda brown sugar

1/4 cup Splenda white sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup slow cook oats

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

about 1/2 cup choc chips (more if you like)

350 oven. Not a crisp cookie but pretty good

As far as my insurance life...I sold all lines. Independent agent. Towards the end it was really difficult keeping up with all the laws and regulations for all lines. I spent a great amount of time getting educated. Got my last CIC designation the month b/4 I sold. I have been asked a number of times to work for agencies in our area but "Been there done that"! I do miss the clients though and the work scene.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. I am sitting in front of the fire place with my Under Armour on. It's a cold day here and the coffee is wonderful!:rolleyes2:

Apple

Thanks for the recipe - I will try it this weekend..

Hugs on the abuse issues and childhood having to be the grown up. Yes hopefully we do break the cycle - my Mom was a little heavy handed in the spanking dept and mean mouthed. I try not to be - but I do gotta say I am a yeller like she was... Hugs - to me you sound like a strong confident woman and have made it thru your battles..

I am a commercial lines account manager for an independent agency - I have my CPIW & AU designations (for those of you not in insurance CIC means Certified Insurance Counselor - CPIW Certified Professional Insurance Woman, AU Associate in Underwriting)- was going to go for the CPCU but heck my credentials didn't impress my bosses back then - so why go thru all the work - I was in my mid 30's when I got my designations.. and am happy with them..

Yep experienced insurance pple are very hard to find..

Thanks for the compliment, Janet. I figured early on that you most likely were a professional woman. Really makes me miss my job but I have the best life I could have right now. Not much stress and get to work with DH an

DS.

What's everyone up to this weekend?????????? We have a wedding which my DS is a groomsman. Should be a fun one. They are talking snow storm coming in late tomorrow. Hope it does not ruin things for the wedding. DS lives in town so we can always stay there or get hotel room if we get caught in it.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for the compliment, Janet. I figured early on that you most likely were a professional woman. Really makes me miss my job but I have the best life I could have right now. Not much stress and get to work with DH an

DS.

What's everyone up to this weekend?????????? We have a wedding which my DS is a groomsman. Should be a fun one. They are talking snow storm coming in late tomorrow. Hope it does not ruin things for the wedding. DS lives in town so we can always stay there or get hotel room if we get caught in it.

Have a great weekend!

Some would question that I am professional :rolleyes2: I gotta say I am pretty disengaged with my job - I figure I am on the down hill slide of working - It's boring most days and my bosses are buffoons - But need that pay check - Insurance is a pain in the butt now a days... You thought when we got fax machines things were bad - now it's email - you have your reg paper mail - emails - faxes and everyone wanted it yesterday... Information overload

I don't have any real plans - got a couple of gift to get still need to go grocery shopping - may do some wrapping but nothing really - will recharge my batteries this weekend cuz my DS & family will be here 12/21 and leave Xmas day - so I will have a house full ..

Have fun at your wedding... and drive careful in that snow...

Hugs - Janet

Good Morning Gang...

Yep I am up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday (5 a.m.) my little fur babies don't know it's Saturday :cursing:

I have had 1 cup coffee - fed the babies - made the bed - put a load in the wash. Hung up clothes in the closet that I had just drapped here or there...

Enjoyed the full moon - the biggest one we have had since 1993 - it was closes to the earth last night..

Last night I was still hunger (mentally) after dinner - so made sf cheesecake pudding - I put a ginger snap in the bottom of the containers (I use these 1/2 c glad container)

Dont' know how it will taste - but I did dip one snap into the pudding before it set and it was good - so I thought I was making little cheese cakes.

I know it's weird but sometime just making something I think I want - will take away the urge to eat - I made them - then went and watched some tv and read and the next thing I knew I was sleepy so went to bed - I guess I really didn't wake up during the night except to hear GS come in - saying he was home..

Gonna get the stuff and try apples Cookies this weekend - I want to make lower calorie stuff that I know I am going to eat when DIL & GD's get here for Xmas and we bake...

Well, just cking in - Hope you all have a good Saturday...

As usual CBL :rolleyes2:

Good morning. Plan for today is go to SIL's for a Dec. birthday party. My MIL was busy in Decembers (well maybe Marchs LOL). BIL is 50 today, so hubby and BIL are both the same age for 2 days and on Monday DH turns 51. Then SIL's bday is the 19th. Also, have a niece with a bday on the 17th. WHEW!! We have a beautiful day out, temp is almost 60 and tomorrow the high is supposed to be about 17 and low of 1. BRRRR what a drastic change. They say we are getting an 'artic blast'. Also, snow coming. So better enjoy today. I took my first diuretic this morning in prep for the big weigh in for $700 on Monday. Hope it's not too early, may take another tomorrow. I think all I really need to do is lose just a couple to maintain my lead. For the others to catch me they would then have to have huge losses. I'm just not sure this time of year if they will at least I am hoping. Also, I will take the lightest weight clothes I can find to change into to weigh in. I am for sure not weighing in the jeans and sweater I wear at work there. And will make sure not to weigh anyone in myself and will have the other gal do it. Don't want there to be anyone questioning the results if I do win.

Hi girls (Sat night) Just checking in. Sounds like everyone is busy right now with Holiday stuff and work. I shopped this weekend, getting nails done, went to Holiday walk, had kids over for dinner, cleaned, etc. I haven't been an angel this last three days. Have gotten sidetracked. I am not horrible but I have been waiting until I am starving and then getting something fast. I went out to dinner last night and did good. Had a grilled chicken breast, steamed brocolli and rice ( didn't eat too much rice). I go to Dr on Tues and don't know if I need a fill or not. I am doing pretty well so far. I keep walking every day but it seems slow for me. I guess not. I am at 55 lbs and it isn't even 6 months yet. Thing is, if my band is a 4cc, I don't know how much it holds and I don't want to use up all of my fill space if I don't need to. JoAnn, curious to know how you are doing so far. Everything going okay. Janet, I am also an introvert. I am not a stranger to anyone but I like my down time at home. I used to be really outgoing until I gained alot of weight and I guess it settled me down and changed me. My dh is a huge sportsman so I find other things to do alot. See ya all tomorrow!!!

Beckyo

Good Evening Ladies

This is the 1st time I have sat down today - and it's 7:44 p.m. :biggrin:

Went to gym @ 9 worked arms came home showered - got my boss his xmas gift - light blue sweater & yellow shrit - it should look good on him.. Picked up something for GS and a couple co-workers - Target shopping - food shopping (got the stuff to make the cookies) home - then had to haul all my bags in by myself (gs not home and it was like 4:30)

Got it all put up - gave Angel a bath & blow dry - she was dirty - bear most likely is too - but he's black and Angel is white :)- Polished some silver and cooked GS dinner and here I sit sipping hot choc..

Oh my GD just im me - so back and forth between typing here and answering her...

Ok I am losing steam now that I have sat down - I haven't even cooked yet...

Ok signing off - will talk to you all tomorrow - Sweet Dream:wub:

Hi All, just checking in. I've been doing pretty well. DD and I did a little shopping today. She was looking for beads (she makes jewelry for the gals at Christmas), and I wanted to visit the yarn shop for supplies for a couple things I want to make for the babies in the family. No busy stores for me today - I usually avoid them anyway, but this year I am definitely not interested in the Christmas crowds.

I had my post-op visit yesterday and everyone was pleased. By their scales I have lost 17 pounds since my pre-op visit two weeks ago. I'll take that. I am now on mushies - trusted by their office to move into real foods gradually. I go for my first fill on Jan 9, and the PA said I should be totally on the real thing by then. This morning I had the best scrambled egg ever eaten in the whole world. Everything is going down fine w/o problems. I am beginning to learn when I have had enough. Some discomfort if I go over that line so I've been careful about that.

DH is deer hunting this weekend. He called late morning to tell me not to worry about having meat this winter. Yay. We have the venison butchered by a local family, and get mostly burger and summer sausage. I use the burger with beef hamburger to make chili and other similar dishes. Long - our weather is sounding like yours! It was 50 deg here today, supposed to be 60 or so at noon tomorrow when the Chiefs game starts. They are warning the fans to bring their extra clothes because it could be in the 30's by the end of the game, accompanied by freezing rain, then sleet, then snow. 16 deg by tomorrow night. Winter fun. DH is planning to come home in the morning! He's so smart.

All in all doing well, and so very glad I made this decision. Funny - at each decision point in my day I find myself thinking of one of my cyber buddies and am reminded of some bit of wisdom that came from my friends. Thank you all for your wonderful support.

Hi girls (Sat night) Just checking in. Sounds like everyone is busy right now with Holiday stuff and work. I shopped this weekend, getting nails done, went to Holiday walk, had kids over for dinner, cleaned, etc. I haven't been an angel this last three days. Have gotten sidetracked. I am not horrible but I have been waiting until I am starving and then getting something fast. I went out to dinner last night and did good. Had a grilled chicken breast, steamed brocolli and rice ( didn't eat too much rice). I go to Dr on Tues and don't know if I need a fill or not. I am doing pretty well so far. I keep walking every day but it seems slow for me. I guess not. I am at 55 lbs and it isn't even 6 months yet. Thing is, if my band is a 4cc, I don't know how much it holds and I don't want to use up all of my fill space if I don't need to. JoAnn, curious to know how you are doing so far. Everything going okay. Janet, I am also an introvert. I am not a stranger to anyone but I like my down time at home. I used to be really outgoing until I gained alot of weight and I guess it settled me down and changed me. My dh is a huge sportsman so I find other things to do alot. See ya all tomorrow!!!

Beckyo

Becky - 55 lbs in 6 months is EXCELLENT - it's not slow girl !! You are exactly where I was at last year at this time (12/13 I weighed 194.5) and you know what I thought I looked darn good at that weight.. So you are doing VERY VERY GOOD...

Don't sweat the small lapses - as this is life and we aren't going to be perfect 24/7 - It' about knowing what we are doing - last year at this time - you just ate - you didn't even think about what you were eating you just ate - Now you are award of what goes in your mouth and are exercising..

Hi All, just checking in. I've been doing pretty well. DD and I did a little shopping today. She was looking for beads (she makes jewelry for the gals at Christmas), and I wanted to visit the yarn shop for supplies for a couple things I want to make for the babies in the family. No busy stores for me today - I usually avoid them anyway, but this year I am definitely not interested in the Christmas crowds.

I had my post-op visit yesterday and everyone was pleased. By their scales I have lost 17 pounds since my pre-op visit two weeks ago. I'll take that. I am now on mushies - trusted by their office to move into real foods gradually. I go for my first fill on Jan 9, and the PA said I should be totally on the real thing by then. This morning I had the best scrambled egg ever eaten in the whole world. Everything is going down fine w/o problems. I am beginning to learn when I have had enough. Some discomfort if I go over that line so I've been careful about that.

DH is deer hunting this weekend. He called late morning to tell me not to worry about having meat this winter. Yay. We have the venison butchered by a local family, and get mostly burger and summer sausage. I use the burger with beef hamburger to make chili and other similar dishes. Long - our weather is sounding like yours! It was 50 deg here today, supposed to be 60 or so at noon tomorrow when the Chiefs game starts. They are warning the fans to bring their extra clothes because it could be in the 30's by the end of the game, accompanied by freezing rain, then sleet, then snow. 16 deg by tomorrow night. Winter fun. DH is planning to come home in the morning! He's so smart.

All in all doing well, and so very glad I made this decision. Funny - at each decision point in my day I find myself thinking of one of my cyber buddies and am reminded of some bit of wisdom that came from my friends. Thank you all for your wonderful support.

Joann

Yep never thought scrambled eggs tasted so good :)- I think we truly appreciate our food once we move into the various stages after banding - and it's more about the nurtional value that the junk - well at least for me it was - I wanted good foods - I was so tired of the shakes to much sweetness - I wanted savory foods.

Yep - I think about all my LBT girls 24/7 - I have even had them in my dreams - I just love it.. We may not have met yet - but I feel that I know each of you for a lifetime.. I think that's cuz we have shared so much of ourselves here and we understand the struggles.. Like I always say - no one understands a fat chick like another fat chick...

Good afternoon. Well the 'Artic Blast' arrived in the night. Yesterday we had 60 degrees, at the bday party we had no coats and some were out on the patio. Today it is currently -3 outside. BRRRRRR We got 3 inches of snow overnight as well. It never ceases to amaze me in Colorado how quick the weather can change.

As everyone here knows I am in that weight loss competition and the final weigh in is tomorrow. I can just imagine how the finalists on the Biggest Loser TV show are feeling. Here my prize is $700 and I am nervous as heck, they are competing for a quarter million before a national audience. I did take my diuretic yesterday and was down 4 lbs this morning!! YAHOO!!! I hope it's enough. I knew I was feeling puffy but was amazed at how much. I'd love it if I got another pound or two tomorrow but am happy with the 4 if it holds. It put me at 90 1/2 lbs lost total. But I am not sure if I should count it 'officially' for my ticker and stuff here because it was with the aid of a Water pill. Think I will weigh on Thurs. and take what it says that day (surgery day was a Thurs. and when I am being good and staying off the scale I weigh on Thurs. and Mon.). Wish me luck tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow, Long...hope you win that $$$.

Snow storm here. Big drifts and cannot see across the yard. Even snow drifts in garage (actually blew in under door that is closed). Not sure how many days we will be stuck at home but hoping today is the only one. I am just sitting and watching my DH sleep and working on one of my volunteer projects.

Our wedding was so nice yesterday and DS looked so handsome in his tux. Had fun dancing with DS and DH and enjoyed some singing that my DS did with the band. He does a great Johnny Cash and Hank Williams, Jr.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Off to make some 100 cal popcorn. Have to make three bags...dog, DH and self!!!!!

good afternoon. Well the 'artic blast' arrived in the night. Yesterday we had 60 degrees, at the bday party we had no coats and some were out on the patio. Today it is currently -3 outside. Brrrrrr we got 3 inches of snow overnight as well. It never ceases to amaze me in colorado how quick the weather can change.

as everyone here knows i am in that weight loss competition and the final weigh in is tomorrow. I can just imagine how the finalists on the biggest loser tv show are feeling. Here my prize is $700 and i am nervous as heck, they are competing for a quarter million before a national audience. I did take my diuretic yesterday and was down 4 lbs this morning!! Yahoo!!! I hope it's enough. I knew i was feeling puffy but was amazed at how much. I'd love it if i got another pound or two tomorrow but am happy with the 4 if it holds. It put me at 90 1/2 lbs lost total. But i am not sure if i should count it 'officially' for my ticker and stuff here because it was with the aid of a Water pill. Think i will weigh on thurs. And take what it says that day (surgery day was a thurs. And when i am being good and staying off the scale i weigh on thurs. And mon.). Wish me luck tomorrow!

you go girl!

Hi tonight (Sunday). Well I had a good day today. Made Cookies again and did it again!!!! Got into the cookie dough. What in the #$^ is the matter with me. On M, T, W, I weighed 192 which put me at 55 lbs. On Thurs my weight was 193.4 and Fri was 194.4. Saturday was 194 and today was 195. Now I know Im not supposed to do that every day but I had to recheck and this is what I found. I have walked 2.4 miles every day though. I really haven't done anything drastic in my eating patterns at all except not eating 3 meals a day, instead, waiting too long to eat in afternoon and then become starved. Yesterday went to a hamburger joint and had a hamburger plain without bun and some baked Beans. I haven't been eating too many vegetables this week and today I had about half cup of chilli and I am stuffed. Janet, thanks for the boost in my weight loss. I know I am loosing really well but it is hard for me to imagine that it is going to keep going like it is now. This band process is surreal. I mean, I have days where I feel like I want to fall off but yet I dont. Plus, I feel like my hair is thinning even though I don't see it falling out. It just seems thinner these days. I am very faithful about taking my Vitamins and Protein. JoAnn, sounds like you are doing good so far. Good for you!. Apples you are in MN aren't you. I know it gets cold up there. The weather here is Springfield has been 50 today and by tonight it is to be 12. Soooo drastic. Well talk to ya all later.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Yep, Becky O, I am in MN. 9 degrees here today with at least 50 mile an hour winds. Our interstates are closed out state and visibility is down to very little. Cannot wait for our trip to FL.

STAY AWAY FROM THE COOKIE DOUGH!!!!!!! Actually, I am a believer in some treats now and then but plan on what my treat will be and never treat myself on an impulse. I know it's tough to do but also know that you want to get through the holiday season without a gain. Just think about how good you will feel if you can maintain your weight during this time and not gain. You can do it!

Becky and Apples, your weather sounds downright tropical! :tongue2: Sitting here at 14 BELOW ZERO currently and it's only 6pm. We had a high of 60 yesterday and todays high was about 3 above. One more degree and we break the record low. When I went to bed last night it was 45 and got super windy abuot 11pm and woke up to 3 below. Amazing it can change like that. And that doesn't include the wind chill with that they said it was much colder. I hate to see my gas bill this month. I am so cold and the furnace won't shut off. And I have a new home that's super insulated.