Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks for the pep talk. I went to the endocrinologist today.....my Vitamin D has gone up and I am in good shape. My bp was really high.....I told him it was stress, but it probably was the chex mix. I put a huge amount of season salt and butter in it. So, no more for me.

Apples

You are just to damn busy for me - cooking - baking - voluneerting doing the books - clean - decorating

- omw you are busy 24/7 - do you ever rest!!!

Type A personality????

I am pretty kicked back- I hate having too much on my plate - after the last 2 weeks - I am looking forward to some down time this weekend.. I can go for a few weeks - then I need some do nothing time - well I do small things but nothing that has any pressure - nothing that I have to be some where at a certain time..

I am really an introvert !!! People would never guess that about me but I am...

Charlene - It's mostly the stress - the salt didn't help - but not the main cause.. Glad your blood work is good..

Apples, what is your 'side business'??? was that your 'real job'? My husband would love to farm. He loves to go back to the farm in SD. His brother inherited his grandparents home place but most of the land around it went to his aunts, they want to sell, he can't afford to buy it all so it's getting all parcelled out.

Charlene, Never heard of ChexMix called Texas Trash, I have heard of one kind called Puppy Chow though. I've never been a fine of any kind of Chex Mix though. Hope things calm down for you and also for Ellen. You two have a lot of stress around you.

I am meeting a gal for lunch (ZippyKat) whom I originally met on LBT, we've met in person many times now. We meet tomorrow, she is finishing up a 5 day pouch test, will ask her about it. I know I am stressing about the plateau but I think it has more to do with the timing of it and this contest. I know the scale will move again eventually, I know I am doing everything right so it has to. What I don't know is if I am going to retain first place at the Weigh In. Janet, didn't think of the laxative. HMMMMMM Can't decide when to take my diuretic to give me optimal weigh in results. Do I take it Sat. or Sun?? Decisions, decisions. Think I'll have salmon this weekend too, that always jumpstarts me it seems.

Long, I grew up calling it Texas Trash, but that is probably a family name for it. I use alot of spices including Tobasco. It is addicting. Oh, and I don't use peanuts.....only cashews and pecans. My kids look forward to a container of it every Christmas. Too bad that isn't something that gets stuck. I guess you would call it a slider food.

Apples

You are just to damn busy for me - cooking - baking - voluneerting doing the books - clean - decorating

- omw you are busy 24/7 - do you ever rest!!!

Type A personality????

I am pretty kicked back- I hate having too much on my plate - after the last 2 weeks - I am looking forward to some down time this weekend.. I can go for a few weeks - then I need some do nothing time - well I do small things but nothing that has any pressure - nothing that I have to be some where at a certain time..

I am really an introvert !!! People would never guess that about me but I am...

Charlene - It's mostly the stress - the salt didn't help - but not the main cause.. Glad your blood work is good..

NEVER in my lifetime would I guess that you are an introvert, Janet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Long story but I grew up taking care of a lot of people in my family at a very young age. Worked 30 hours a week by the age of 13, put three square meals on the table three times a day for ten people, went to school, did drama club, glee club, etc....Made my first two batches of white and wheat bread at the age of seven and continued to do so every weekend for the rest of my growing up years and many years later.

And yes, type A...very much so. Even when I was heavy I didn't spend much time on my A$$. I just think it's normal (but in my mind I know better)! I do so wish I was "normal". But, darn it, I love me the way I am 98% of the time.:)

Apples, what is your 'side business'??? was that your 'real job'? My husband would love to farm. He loves to go back to the farm in SD. His brother inherited his grandparents home place but most of the land around it went to his aunts, they want to sell, he can't afford to buy it all so it's getting all parcelled out.

Charlene, Never heard of ChexMix called Texas Trash, I have heard of one kind called Puppy Chow though. I've never been a fine of any kind of Chex Mix though. Hope things calm down for you and also for Ellen. You two have a lot of stress around you.

I am meeting a gal for lunch (ZippyKat) whom I originally met on LBT, we've met in person many times now. We meet tomorrow, she is finishing up a 5 day pouch test, will ask her about it. I know I am stressing about the plateau but I think it has more to do with the timing of it and this contest. I know the scale will move again eventually, I know I am doing everything right so it has to. What I don't know is if I am going to retain first place at the Weigh In. Janet, didn't think of the laxative. HMMMMMM Can't decide when to take my diuretic to give me optimal weigh in results. Do I take it Sat. or Sun?? Decisions, decisions. Think I'll have salmon this weekend too, that always jumpstarts me it seems.

I owned two insurance agencies in two different towns for many years. I sold in 1997. I knew the stress on the farm was not going to let up and my husband was begging for a break and had started his business in 1996 so I sold mine. I had built up a pretty big client base so at least I got paid for all the years I was in it. The business we have besides farming is a drain tile business which we do almost every waking hour from May until December when it freezes. My son is taking it over next year but I will still do the books for him. He does all the estimating, quotes, etc. (besides doing the tiling with other guys including DH.)

I hate to say anything about diuretics or laxatives..not a dr., but, if I were you, I would take on Sat. and then really watch sodium intake, etc. on Sunday and fast until weigh in on Mon.

Charlene...LOVE Chex mix. And, with pecans and cashews. God made pecans and cashews JUST FOR ME:omg_smile: The puppy chow snack is that chocolate and powdered sugar covered thing. Actually makes me so sick to think about it I could slip my band. Turns me off. (not a sweet eater).

OK girls..off to my lap band support party. My house smells of garlic so time to get the stuff out of here. Have a good evening everyone.

Allie...haven't talked to you for awhile. Can't remember if I complimented you on how great you looked in your new sweater. You've got the HOT chick thing going on! Enjoy:thumbup:

Lori - What time is your weigh in early Monday - I would take both before you go to bed sunday nite - you might not get alot of sleep - but heck $700 is worth a little loss sleep...

NEVER in my lifetime would I guess that you are an introvert, Janet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Long story but I grew up taking care of a lot of people in my family at a very young age. Worked 30 hours a week by the age of 13, put three square meals on the table three times a day for ten people, went to school, did drama club, glee club, etc....Made my first two batches of white and wheat bread at the age of seven and continued to do so every weekend for the rest of my growing up years and many years later.

And yes, type A...very much so. Even when I was heavy I didn't spend much time on my A$$. I just think it's normal (but in my mind I know better)! I do so wish I was "normal". But, darn it, I love me the way I am 98% of the time.:ohmy:

Apples -Sorry for your childhood struggles - but you sound quite happy and being happy is what counts

Yep I am totally an interovert - Being an introvert doesn't mean you are shy - I know most pple think that but it's not what an introvert is

I like being around pple but find them draining after a length of time - I use to belong to Insurance Women of Desert - it was a chapter of NAIW (nat assoc of Ins Wmn) we had conventions etc - I was President one year - any way when we would go to convention - after about 2 days of being with pple 24/7 smiling, making polite conversation etc - I would need a break - The lady I roomed w/knew this and I would go up to the room alone and get a couple of hours alone time to recharge my batteries...

Here I googled - what's the meaning of an introvert - it says just what I said above..

Definition: Contrary to what most people think, an introvert is not simply a person who is shy. In fact, being shy has little to do with being an introvert! Shyness has an element of apprehension, nervousness and anxiety, and while an introvert may also be shy, introversion itself is not shyness. Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.

Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."

When introverts want to be alone, it is not, by itself, a sign of depression. It means that they either need to regain their energy from being around people or that they simply want the time to be with their own thoughts. Being with people, even people they like and are comfortable with, can prevent them from their desire to be quietly introspective.

Being introspective, though, does not mean that an introvert never has conversations. However, those conversations are generally about ideas and concepts, not about what they consider the trivial matters of social small talk.

Introverts make up about 60% of the gifted population but only about 25-40% of the general population.

This fits me to a T...

So I guess this is why I like being single - even being around a DH is draining - heck he would sometime get a little upset that I would go into my bedroom to watch t.v. Heck I work all day and when I get home I like my quite time

So for me - pple like you who are around pple 24/7 and always doing something all the time - is just so mind boggling to me - just reading what you do on a daily basis exhaustes me :wink:

My weigh in on Monday is anytime between 6am and 9pm, but since I have to be there for work at 6am I will probably weigh then. Though am contemplating waiting til I leave at 830 as long as I can go that long w/o drinking anything. Also gotta wear something light and I wear jeans while working, so I'll have to change into a weigh in outfit. Too bad the scale is in the lobby, so I can't strip down. :wink:

Janet, that was an interesting piece on introversion. I am also an introvert and it describes me well. So often people think it refers to being shy, but that's not necessarily true. I think one reason DH and I get along reasonably well most of the time is because we are both introverted, so understand when either of us needs some alone time for recharging.

I esp liked that part about the "gifted population," didn't you???

teehee

My weigh in on Monday is anytime between 6am and 9pm, but since I have to be there for work at 6am I will probably weigh then. Though am contemplating waiting til I leave at 830 as long as I can go that long w/o drinking anything. Also gotta wear something light and I wear jeans while working, so I'll have to change into a weigh in outfit. Too bad the scale is in the lobby, so I can't strip down. :tt2:

Lori - I wouldn't worry about a little coffee in the morning that usually gone within an hour - but I hear ya on the lite clothing :0)... I weigh nake :wink:

Janet, that was an interesting piece on introversion. I am also an introvert and it describes me well. So often people think it refers to being shy, but that's not necessarily true. I think one reason DH and I get along reasonably well most of the time is because we are both introverted, so understand when either of us needs some alone time for recharging.

I esp liked that part about the "gifted population," didn't you???

teehee

Joann - I guess that's most of my bfs & my xdh were extrovets - I would say my xdh was one... I am not shy at all - heck I will talk to complete strangers in the stores etc. But most pple do think that they go hand in hand.

Yep I loved that "Gifted Part"":w00t::ohmy::)

Lori - I wouldn't worry about a little coffee in the morning that usually gone within an hour - but I hear ya on the lite clothing :0)... I weigh nake :ohmy:

Yep I loved that "Gifted Part"":w00t::laugh::tt2:

I'd be very worried if I had to drink coffee in the morning. :) Personally can't stand the stuff. :unsure: But I do drink a lot of Water. But will take small sips if need be before weighing.

With that definition of introvert that fits me too. Fits DH pretty good too. He's much more gifted than me though. :wink:

Well I gotta hit the sack. This 445am alarm is killing me. Hopefully I'll get used to it. OH and today they sprang it on us, come JAn. they will start opening at 530am meaning we will start a half hour earlier. :ohmy:

I owned two insurance agencies in two different towns for many years. I sold in 1997. I knew the stress on the farm was not going to let up and my husband was begging for a break and had started his business in 1996 so I sold mine. I had built up a pretty big client base so at least I got paid for all the years I was in it. The business we have besides farming is a drain tile business which we do almost every waking hour from May until December when it freezes. My son is taking it over next year but I will still do the books for him. He does all the estimating, quotes, etc. (besides doing the tiling with other guys including DH.)

I hate to say anything about diuretics or laxatives..not a dr., but, if I were you, I would take on Sat. and then really watch sodium intake, etc. on Sunday and fast until weigh in on Mon.

Charlene...LOVE Chex mix. And, with pecans and cashews. God made pecans and cashews JUST FOR ME:omg_smile: The puppy chow snack is that chocolate and powdered sugar covered thing. Actually makes me so sick to think about it I could slip my band. Turns me off. (not a sweet eater).

OK girls..off to my lap band support party. My house smells of garlic so time to get the stuff out of here. Have a good evening everyone.

Allie...haven't talked to you for awhile. Can't remember if I complimented you on how great you looked in your new sweater. You've got the HOT chick thing going on! Enjoy:thumbup:

Can't beleive I missed this post - but I guess we must have posted around the same time - and then when I got on last night I just ck to see who as posted below my last post..

Insurance - OMW - same field as me - what kind - health - personal or commercial - or all of it - Plus my Dad was a Date grower - I never got in to the farming side - but have a couple of date ranches we lease out..

Apples obiviously you haven't ever played the what can I do before a weigh in at like Jenny Craig or WW :lol: to make sure the scales go down on your weigh in day... I know it's bad but can't help it - that scale is still a demon when you are in your weight loss phase and espescially if you are in a contest... I'm Bad I know it :wink:

I'd be very worried if I had to drink coffee in the morning. :crying: Personally can't stand the stuff. :sleep: But I do drink a lot of Water. But will take small sips if need be before weighing.

With that definition of introvert that fits me too. Fits DH pretty good too. He's much more gifted than me though. :wink2:

Well I gotta hit the sack. This 445am alarm is killing me. Hopefully I'll get used to it. OH and today they sprang it on us, come JAn. they will start opening at 530am meaning we will start a half hour earlier. :mad2:

Lori

OMW I couldn't get up without my coffee :angry: Ya that's a tad early even for me - I get up around 5 - have coffee - read till about 5:40 and then in the shower and out the door between 6:45 & 7 ..

Apples

I was looking for Choc Chip Cookie receipt with Splenda - I found some but they use splenda in place of white sugar only and real brown sugar - I want to use both splenda white and brown sugar - and the receipt calls for 2 sticks butter - what can I use in replacemnt of butter... Applesauce??

Do you have any receipts - and by chance the calories :0)

Apples

I was looking for Choc Chip Cookie receipt with Splenda - I found some but they use splenda in place of white sugar only and real brown sugar - I want to use both splenda white and brown sugar - and the receipt calls for 2 sticks butter - what can I use in replacemnt of butter... Applesauce??

Do you have any receipts - and by chance the calories :0)

Great definition on introverts, Janet. I actually am not around people 24/7..that's one of the reasons I volunteer. I work out of the home and 15 miles from town and miss seeing people. Heck, there are times that I would not leave the farm for a week at a time. Too much for me. When I had my business I had enough of people by the end of the day and loved just being at home.

Yes, had severe physical and sexual abuse as a child but took care of business and sought help when I was in my thirties. It's something that is always inside of me but I learned how to deal. Plus, broke the pattern and was (and still am) the best damned mom in the world!!!!!!!!LOL

This is the recipe I use for Cookies. It only makes a few and I just stick them in a baggy. When I have a large amount of people, I use the regular recipe. But for me and DH this is the one:

3 TBLS non fat ricotta cheese

3 TBLS light butter (I use I can't believe)

2/3 cup Splenda brown sugar

1/4 cup Splenda white sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup slow cook oats

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

about 1/2 cup choc chips (more if you like)

350 oven. Not a crisp cookie but pretty good

As far as my insurance life...I sold all lines. Independent agent. Towards the end it was really difficult keeping up with all the laws and regulations for all lines. I spent a great amount of time getting educated. Got my last CIC designation the month b/4 I sold. I have been asked a number of times to work for agencies in our area but "Been there done that"! I do miss the clients though and the work scene.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. I am sitting in front of the fire place with my Under Armour on. It's a cold day here and the coffee is wonderful!:wink2: