Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi Friends,

Tomorrow's the day for my first fill and I'm still as nervous as can be. I haven't been around the board much this past weekend, because we held a 60th birthday party for my brother and it turned out to be a great family reunion. Lots of activity. Hope everyone's well. After this, I'm going to go back and read all the posts I missed.

I should have been so content with all the excitement here, but somehow my head hunger was AWFUL! I've been going up and down the same few pounds the last few weeks, so I'm looking forward to the help the fill will provide. Like I said, I'm still scared to death. How long were you on liquids and mushies after your fills? It seems like it's different for everyone. (I think I asked this question once before, so please forgive my repetitiveness!!!)

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Ellen

Hi Friends,

Tomorrow's the day for my first fill and I'm still as nervous as can be. I haven't been around the board much this past weekend, because we held a 60th birthday party for my brother and it turned out to be a great family reunion. Lots of activity. Hope everyone's well. After this, I'm going to go back and read all the posts I missed.

I should have been so content with all the excitement here, but somehow my head hunger was AWFUL! I've been going up and down the same few pounds the last few weeks, so I'm looking forward to the help the fill will provide. Like I said, I'm still scared to death. How long were you on liquids and mushies after your fills? It seems like it's different for everyone. (I think I asked this question once before, so please forgive my repetitiveness!!!)

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Ellen

I had a fill yesterday. My doctor gave me a numbing shot....then put in 2cc. I did not have any pain. I was on full liquids the rest of the day and soft food today. I can start back with a normal diet tomorrow. I am going back in ten days for another fill. I think altogether I have 3.5cc fill. It helps a little, but it won't help with the head hunger. Just write down everything.:thumbup:

Hi tonight girls! today is Tuesday and doing good so far. After my first fill, I was on liquids for three days and then back to regular food. Yep, my undies and bra thing was great:thumbup:. I finally got around to taking my measurements a couple of weeks ago and will be anxious to see how that goes in a month. Yesterday I was hungry most of the day. today I had coffee, oatmeal, Protein bullet Breakfast, lunch was two slices of turkey with cheese wrapped around and a cucumber, Tomato salad,. Supper was chicken breast, mixed vegetables. It seems like I can eat quite a bit also but I keep loosing. I walked 2.4 miles today. The way I walk is 60 seconds fast and twice that slower. I do that for 2.4 miles and man can I tell the difference than a regular walk. Anyway, Janet it is hot out there where you are:w00t:. Do you get in your pool alot. I sure would go jump in at night when I got home from work. I have 1.2cc in my size10 band. I go next Tuesday to dr. but don't know if I will get a fill or not. I would like to have another one but we will see. It was a beautiful fall day here today. Made it easier to walk. Long, congrats on your GREAT weight loss. Im not loosining:w00t:as fast as you but I'm still happy. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Beckyo:shades_smile:

Janet, with me.....the band takes away the physical hunger, but if I am bored or anxious.....that hunger is hard to tame. What helps me the most is to write the time and what I eat or drink. And if I go too long without eating, I eat the wrong foods. I am hoping a couple of more fills will give me a fuller feeling. I will vote . I think it takes care of 50% of my hunger.

Charlene I am glad that your band takes away your hunger - I think our head hunger issues are the biggest problem period - And I am a great advocate for logging your food - IMHO I think it's the best learning tool we can use.. To nite went grocery shopping at my new Winco grocery store (it's like a food 4 less) it just opened yesterday - I went then but 2 hr wait in the ck out line - so I left - well back to my story - being around all that food - I was getting really hungry - I see food I want to eat - so that's why I say advoidance is what has worked best for me... Any way those are the times that I am really tempted to eat out of my healthy realm - but 99% of the time I can ignore it... Got home put the stuff up and forgot about food - but am cooking dinner now - fish (white) cauliflower (white) not a very colorful dinner :0) but the cauliflower was 98 cents :thumbup:

I just got back from my exercise class, it was great. He showed us how to use some of the leg machines, and then we all sat on a ball with some cords and they went over a few routines that will be our homework for the week. There were 4 of us lap banders there and 2 bypass patients. I think I will keep going for a few weeks anyway and tonights class was free, then it's going to be $15. I liked the smallness of it as you got a lot of individual attention (there were 2 trainers). Of course, they are hoping you will hire them for personal training and I may down the road as finances go, right now I have a surgery to pay off!! Just wish it was a tad closer!

Lori sounds like a great thing that they do for you - ya the distant - I understand that - I am so lucky my gym is right across the street.. I like working with the ball - it really helps build up your core strength..

Hi everyone - I've been away for a few more days. It's so good to see how everyone is doing.

Lori - congrats on 60 lbs! Wow!!!

Ellen - good luck on your fill. It's not that bad, really.

I had my first fill yesterday. The doc put some in, then took some out. I guess I now have about 4 cc's. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention because I was so nervous! I have a follow-up appt next week. I'll ask then. I'm on liquids for the next four days.

I'm so looking forward to see some weight drop again and to feel more restriction when I eat.

I closed up my pool this week too. It's heated, but the cost of heat once the air temp dips below 70 is too high. I'll miss it, since it can't re-open again until next May.

- Kathy

Kathy - the sun heats our pools so much that they really are too useable the month of august - we need an ac system for the pool - they have one that's suppose to cool it a few degrees - but like $3500-4000 - no thanks.. 4 days liquids?? Yep that will help jump start the weight loss ans long as if they aren't of the alcohal varitiy :smile:

Hi Friends,

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Ellen

Hey Ellen - I was about to send out the possey for you.. Glad you had a great party and renunion - those are so important

Yes each doc is diff on what you do after a fill - mine 1 week each post op phase - but being the good catholic school girl that I am - I did about 2 - 3 days Soup then moved to soft - I would say that my eating plan is mostly on the soft side - fish - rice - veggies . But do have steak - hamburger once or twice a week..

You will be fine - but let us know when you get home how it went..

I am feeling sorry for myself tonight. I had a fill on 8/27. My doctor was out as he had surgery and the nurse practitioner did the fill. At first, she thought she was going to have trouble finding the port. Lucky for me, she found it the first time she inserted the needle. She said I had the 2.5 cc's in my 4 cc band and she added another .5 cc's. However, I have no restriction! I was waiting for it to kick in but nothing.....now I am eating to eat. I ate a pork chop tonight and had no problems getting it down. I have not slimed or PB'd since the fill. I am craving chocolate. Needless to say, I am frustrated and afraid I will gain weight. I guess I will have to contact the doctor's office. Could I have a leak? Thanks for listening.

I am feeling sorry for myself tonight. I had a fill on 8/27. My doctor was out as he had surgery and the nurse practitioner did the fill. At first, she thought she was going to have trouble finding the port. Lucky for me, she found it the first time she inserted the needle. She said I had the 2.5 cc's in my 4 cc band and she added another .5 cc's. However, I have no restriction! I was waiting for it to kick in but nothing.....now I am eating to eat. I ate a pork chop tonight and had no problems getting it down. I have not slimed or PB'd since the fill. I am craving chocolate. Needless to say, I am frustrated and afraid I will gain weight. I guess I will have to contact the doctor's office. Could I have a leak? Thanks for listening.

Tina Hugs girlfriend :thumbup:

I don't think you have a leak cuz .5 isn't a large amount - was this your 1st fill?? or 2nd... Yes call the doctor 1st thing in the morning - your band is a tool but that tool has to be maintained in order to work properly...

Ok - how many pork chops did you eat per meal pre-banding - I bet you it was more than one :smile: So don't beat yourself up over that - it's better than eating 3 piece of cake.. I eat 4 oz of meat (fish/beef/pork/chick) ever night - plus 1/4-1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup veggies and the weight did come off.

Even with proper restriction - you have to make good food choices and there is nothing wrong with a pork chop - as to wanting chocolate - have you tried the dary sf Jello puddings - omw yummy...

Eating for the sake of eat - come on girl - remember why you got banded - even when you have proper restriction you can eat slider foods and around your band.

1st are you tracking your calorie -my suggestion is that you do. Keep them between 800 - 1200 max and vary them daily - try dailyplate.com or fitday.com 3 meals - 2 or 3 healthy Snacks -

When I need to feed my hunger (head) I eat the 100 cal snack pack popcorn - one piece at a time - I budget my calories to allow for my nite time hunger - I stay within my calories but I still get to eat...

At lunch dinner eat extra veggies - with I can't beleive it's butter spray.

You can do this... You did the right thing you came here for help... We are here for you... When you want to eat - get up distract yourself -come here to lbt - look at the pictures - post - read - renew your devotion to get healthy .. Go wash your face - put on a mask - clean out a sock drawer - go for a walk and get rid of the junk in your house - replace it with low fat - sf things that you can eat..

Hugs - Let me know tomorrow after you call the doctor - when you can get back in for another fill..

Hugs - Janet

Thank you Janet. I am not upset I ate the pork chop because it was a lean piece of meat... what struck me was that it went down with no problem. Ususally when I have restriction, I get a funny feeling eating something that really needs to be chewed and then end up in the bathroom. But I have to tell you...it is nice not having that feeling which ends up having me slime or PB.

I will start tracking my calories. I need an easy to use website. I'll try both and see which one is best.

Thanks again for all the tips. I think it was important for me to admit this to someone. Maybe I will be more responsible for my actions!

Thank you Janet. I am not upset I ate the pork chop because it was a lean piece of meat... what struck me was that it went down with no problem. Ususally when I have restriction, I get a funny feeling eating something that really needs to be chewed and then end up in the bathroom. But I have to tell you...it is nice not having that feeling which ends up having me slime or PB.

I will start tracking my calories. I need an easy to use website. I'll try both and see which one is best.

Thanks again for all the tips. I think it was important for me to admit this to someone. Maybe I will be more responsible for my actions!

Tina

I kept my own little 3x3 notebook for my calorie tracking - it worked for me I carried it in my purse and when I didn't know the calories of what I ate I would look it up and log in my book - I have a scale which I weighed my food it gave me calories too and I read lable (well still read labels as I want to know calories and pt even today)

You really don't want to pb and slime you want to be able to eat a portion of food without those problems - were you full after you ate your dinner - how much in all did you eat just pork chop or ??

Yes being accountable helps - that's why I am here so much - it keeps me focused.

Again here for you anytime...

Hugs

Janet

Unfortunately I found out last night that the band works.(the hard way :cool2: ). and the fill that I got last week (of 5.2cc) is sufficient for now. Had my first stuck episode. I was very much distracted, tv on, my husband yacking at me...and 2nd bite of a piece of wonderful wild salmon did it. Immediately felt pain and sliming started. I walked around with my hands above my head and it finally passed. I didn't have any pineapple juice or papaya (cause I really didn't think it would ever happen to me :biggrin: )...I won't make that mistake again - going to Walmart today to make sure and have them on hand! I know you are not suppose to drink anything, but I took 2 sips of very HOT tea. That did the trick and within about 5 minutes I was fine. Back to liquids today.

Katarina

Good afternoon. I have not been able to get on this site since yesterday. I am so far behind now in reading. Not sure what was up. Obviously it was just me as my inbox is full of notices about new posts so others have been posting away.

Ellen, how did the fill go today? did you get a big one? I only had to be on liquids for 4 to 6 hours, then mushies the rest of the day, regular food the next. But, just like pre and post op diets, all docs seem to differ.

I went to the gym this morning and did the routine the trainer gave me on Monday night. I also got a new ball and cords to do that part at home. I had to take my first ball back, who knew there were sizes? He recommended I get the bigger ball 75cm since I am tall and at the end of the height guidelines for the 65cm ball.

Unfortunately I found out last night that the band works.(the hard way :scared2: ). and the fill that I got last week (of 5.2cc) is sufficient for now. Had my first stuck episode. I was very much distracted, tv on, my husband yacking at me...and 2nd bite of a piece of wonderful wild salmon did it. Immediately felt pain and sliming started. I walked around with my hands above my head and it finally passed. I didn't have any pineapple juice or papaya (cause I really didn't think it would ever happen to me :omg_smile: )...I won't make that mistake again - going to Walmart today to make sure and have them on hand! I know you are not suppose to drink anything, but I took 2 sips of very HOT tea. That did the trick and within about 5 minutes I was fine. Back to liquids today.

Katarina

Katarina - Yep your band is working :tongue2: I don't do the pinapple or papaya tabs cuz my stucks either go down with in a few - or come back up - I was starving monday night didn't had 3 phone calls and didn't get to eat til like 8:45 - ate my hamburger patty too fast - it came back up..

Good afternoon. I have not been able to get on this site since yesterday. I am so far behind now in reading. Not sure what was up. Obviously it was just me as my inbox is full of notices about new posts so others have been posting away.

Ellen, how did the fill go today? did you get a big one? I only had to be on liquids for 4 to 6 hours, then mushies the rest of the day, regular food the next. But, just like pre and post op diets, all docs seem to differ.

I went to the gym this morning and did the routine the trainer gave me on Monday night. I also got a new ball and cords to do that part at home. I had to take my first ball back, who knew there were sizes? He recommended I get the bigger ball 75cm since I am tall and at the end of the height guidelines for the 65cm ball.

Lori

We havent heard from Ellen yet - Great going on the exercise - yep the balls come in diff sizes - we use them at the gym - so I have seen the diff sizes... Keep up the good work...

HI Friends,

Well, I'm home and it wasn't bad at all. The Dr. put 3.5 cc into my size 9 band. I'm not sure what that's going to mean in terms of restriction, but I'll find out in a few days. He wants me on liquids for 3 days, then mushies, then soft foods, so it's going to be a long weekend.

I must admit that I'm still scared and I haven't even had much to drink today, because of it.

Have to write again later, since a computer expert is here to fix my hubby's computer and he's going to shut me down. I'll write again as soon as he's done.

How much can I eat after a fill like that?

Love,

Ellen

HI Friends,

Well, I'm home and it wasn't bad at all. The Dr. put 3.5 cc into my size 9 band. I'm not sure what that's going to mean in terms of restriction, but I'll find out in a few days. He wants me on liquids for 3 days, then mushies, then soft foods, so it's going to be a long weekend.

I must admit that I'm still scared and I haven't even had much to drink today, because of it.

Have to write again later, since a computer expert is here to fix my hubby's computer and he's going to shut me down. I'll write again as soon as he's done.

How much can I eat after a fill like that?

Love,

Ellen

Yea!!! Ellen is now a filled bandster! That's a long time for liquids. Don't be afraid to drink but don't gulp. YOu need to hydrate and you need to do it in sips. I forget a lot and take big swigs of Water and then burp a lot. Regardless how much the fill is, ideally my dr. wants me to eat 4 oz in a meal and eat 5 to 6 times a day. Solid Protein should be 80% of that. If I can eat more, then I need another fill. Hope that helps.

BTW, have you talked to our friend lately? If you do can you get an email? Also, saw on the previews for Dr. Phil today that he is doing another Weight Loss challenge and it's without us evidently! LOL I set the DVR to record but doesn't look like that episode was today's but haven't seen it yet.

Yea!!! Ellen is now a filled bandster! That's a long time for liquids. Don't be afraid to drink but don't gulp. YOu need to hydrate and you need to do it in sips. I forget a lot and take big swigs of Water and then burp a lot. Regardless how much the fill is, ideally my dr. wants me to eat 4 oz in a meal and eat 5 to 6 times a day. Solid Protein should be 80% of that. If I can eat more, then I need another fill. Hope that helps.

BTW, have you talked to our friend lately? If you do can you get an email? Also, saw on the previews for Dr. Phil today that he is doing another Weight Loss challenge and it's without us evidently! LOL I set the DVR to record but doesn't look like that episode was today's but haven't seen it yet.

Yeah, I missed it. I love Biggest Looser. Maybe I will get back into Dr. Phil.

Well, I got my tuna, water and Protein Shakes ready again for IKE. This time I think it is the real deal. We are under a voluntary evacuation, but tomorrow it will be mandatory.:omg_smile: I guess we will board up. You guys please pray for our area(Texas Gulf coast).

Well, I think this second fill has helped a little, but I still can eat a whole lean cuisine without restriction. Is that bad?

Charlene, I will say prayers for you the IKE doesn't happen there. That would be scary. Ellen, just go slow with your fill and you should be fine. Hey Janet, how are you doing?I cleaned out closets today. I sure have alot of clothes to get rid of. Why am I scared to give them away? Also, when I shop it is real hard for me not to go to Womens plus departments and look. I went to Catherines for my new undies and of course I looked around.

Beckyo:biggrin: