Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

at my wits end

dude your toooo tight !!!! I have been banded for almost 8 mos the only time i feel that way is either eating too much or too tight you should not be throwing up that is not normal or feeling like your going too go see doc have some Fluid adjusted! good luck

dude your toooo tight !!!! I have been banded for almost 8 mos the only time i feel that way is either eating too much or too tight you should not be throwing up that is not normal or feeling like your going too go see doc have some Fluid adjusted! good luck

He had a complete unfill.

I wish you lots of luck. I hope what you find out isn't to awful and that things are going to be okay. I love the positive attitude. Good luck.

i forgot to mention, i am completely empty! No Fluid in the band at all and have been that way for 6 - 8 weeks :laugh:

People keep telling you to go for an unfill and it would seem to me that

it's the logical answer, if you hadn't already done that. I have never heard

of anyone continuing to have these problems with no fill. I hope you

get some answers soon.

I am also having a horrific time right now with reflux and this pain in my stomach that can only be described as the most terrible hunger pains i have ever had, it has woke me straight up out of bed at 3 am

I had an esoghogram and the Dr said everything was passing thru fine.

I am only 5 weeks out from surg and no fills. right now I am getting by mostly on crackers and Water. anyone have any ideas?

I will be sending helpful thoughts your way Teddy. Hopefully the other tests will give you some answers. Please keep us updated on how you are going.

Teddy, I feel your pain and fright. I had a perferation, but my doctor was able to save my band. Don't give up on the band. Please let us know how you are doing!!!

I am also having a horrific time right now with reflux and this pain in my stomach that can only be described as the most terrible hunger pains i have ever had, it has woke me straight up out of bed at 3 am

I had an esoghogram and the Dr said everything was passing thru fine.

I am only 5 weeks out from surg and no fills. right now I am getting by mostly on crackers and Water. anyone have any ideas?

When I first developed GERD I mistook the pain for hunger pangs. Are you taking anything for the reflux? It can cause real damage to your esophagus and isn't something to take lightly.

Gastric Esophageal Ruflux Disease---it causes damage to the esophagus, and must be treated.

Band being too tight can be one of the causes, but it is a VERY common issue even among unbanded people. Your stomach sometimes produces too much acid, or things do not pass through your system quickly enough, allowing the built up acids to back into the esophagus, causing some to feel extreme heart burn symptoms, while others feel nothing at all while the damage is taking place. Many times you will wake up choking on the saliva/acid in the night. If you wake up with a nasty taste in your mouth, or a sore throat----definitely have your Dr. check for GERD.

I too would ask to have my gall bladder checked, and also maybe another swallow study, even a complete unfill cannot help a serious slipped band sometimes, and slips will cause restriction even if there is no Fluid in the band, the position it has slipped into creates its own restriction.

Good Luck, please let us know how it goes for you!

Kat

Well the pain is better and I have switched meds which seesm to have helped a little bit better. also changing my diet seems to have releived some of the pain also. I am going to call my Dr today and see if there is anything else he can do for me.

Thanks for the response

Harold

the good news is I am down 20 pounds at a month post op

Good Morning All,

So I had the endoscppy yesterday, still not able to keep anything down. Turns out, no perforation, whihc is a good thing, but i was kinda hoping it was the case, then i would have no choice but to have the band out. The bacd has slipped and my band dr said well do you still want to have it out?

I have an appt with him this afternoon to discuss. if it is slipped, don't i have to have it out?? OR can it be fixed without having it out?

I thought i had made my decision to have it removed, i am so sick of being miserable and sick and tired and have zero energy. I feel like if i have it out, having come as far as i have, I will be able to maintain my current wait. I actually need to add about 10 lbs back to my frame.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks Everyone.

The slip can be fixed without removing the band. I had a serious slip, and the doc ended up removing the band, repositioning the stomach/pouch and placing the same band back on all in the same operation. It's been working fine since (normal post-op procedures apply, it's just like getting it the first time).

Slippage can be fixed without band removal. My doctor told me just 2 days ago that when the band is removed 95% of people gain all of their weight back within 2 years. He said those were national statistics, not just his statistics. I do think however that you do need to get your band fixed as you have been having a VERY rough time, but I would really consider long and hard if you want to have it completely removed. That is as big of a decision as having it put in. I wish you the best of luck and hope that the surgeon will be able to fix it with no problems.

You have gone through a very difficult time. It seems as though your band slipped some time ago, at least before your complete unfill.

You have come so far and done so well. The last two months or more have been hell but you have had a specific problem to make it so. How was band life before this began . . . was it tolerable?

At this point, I could understand your feelings to just have it out and be done with it after suffering for sooo long. You may be able to do this unbanded, but you will have to deal with hunger and no restriction which gets harder and harder over time. I think the worst part is that you went so long without a diagnosis.

Please carefully think about not just having it taken out. If there is a means to fix it in place, that would be sooo much better in the long term. This is especially true if band life was OK pre-slip.

Can you remember what may have caused the slip? Did you have a case of the flu or some other sudden onset of symptoms that might indicate when this would have happened originally?