Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nike + Sportband

Anyone using one of these for running? I stayed away from the ipod one because i dont like ipods. But the new one seems way nice.

Mixed reviews online. Only 59.99 though! go to nikeplus.com to check it out.

Also how do you put the sensor in your shoe if its not a nike one? Just put it on the laces somehow?

I bought one of these the other day and they are fantastic. I was deciding between this and the bodybugg and figured this would be more helpful in my Quest toward the half and full marathons. I did go with the ipod only because I need a new mp3 player...but I don't like ipods at all...not a big apple fan.

But the nike + is great! You can publish it for the world to see (I put mine on my blog) so it keeps you motivated to run the distance that you said you were going to. I just bought a new pair of 100$ shoes that were professionally fitted, so I was not going to buy Nike's. You can buy a marware pouch (I think LJM said to look on amazon) or you can make a little pouch like I did and attach it to your shoe laces. Cost me exactly 0.00$ I took an old t-shirt (that I had shrunk out of), cut out a rectangle, folded it in half, sewed it into a pouch, stuck the sensor inside and finished sewing it up. Then I took another piece of fabric and sewed a loop on it so that I could run my laces through it. I tried attaching a picture but it is not letting me right now. I will keep trying!

Thanks Salsa. Yeah i have seen pouchs for 5 dollars on ebay for them.

Good info!

The only thing I read about the pouches is to make sure that the brand does not have a clip made of plastic as it can get brittle and break off and there you go having to buy the sensor again! This stupid thing won't let me post pictures!

You are welcome. If you want more info losingjusme has had one for a while. She was the one that suggested it to me!

Hows it going Salsa. I goning to be ordering my Nike + this weekend. Hope i can join a challenge. I know your Surgery is coming up on July 3rd...You ok?

Hows it going Salsa. I goning to be ordering my Nike + this weekend. Hope i can join a challenge. I know your Surgery is coming up on July 3rd...You ok?

I am doing great. My half-marathon is tomorrow! It is supposed to be 97 degrees here.:) The race starts at 8AM so I should be done by 10:45 so hopefully it won't be too hot. Most of the course is in the shade. I haven't seen the last 5 miles though.

As for the challenge, you should PM losingjusme and join our challenge. I already have 100+ miles logged, but I won't be able to do anything for a while. Everyone else has less than 30 logged so you should be able to catch up to them shortly.

As for the surgery...I am not worried at all. I guess I have been worrying much more about the run...which was why I decided to run it. My birthday is on the 1st and then I guess I will have to worry about the surgery on the 2nd. I am glad that I kept myself busy before surgery. Not a lot of time to fret about it!

ok it showed up last night. I am still waiting for the lil shoe thingie as i dont have nike plus running shoes. But it sure looks cool.

Ended up being $59 plus shipping.

I just got my Nike+, I have the Ipod and I love it...I have the nike+ shoes mothers's day gift its so cool to log on line afterwards and see your results It keeps me moving!!

Also how do you put the sensor in your shoe if its not a nike one? Just put it on the laces somehow?

I have the Nike+ for the ipod and love it! I first used a Marware pouch and hated it. Then I found the RunAway and love it!

Introducing RunAway