Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! Eating to much

Hi i was banded Jan 15, 2008. I have lost about 80 lbs to date but have been eationg alot more than normal. I have 4.5 cc in a 10 cc band and get another fill on May 30th. I was wondering if it is possible that i may have stretched my new pouch since i have been eating so much. I have never PB and hardly ever slime. I was also wondering how come after my last fill i could eat so little but with time i have gradually been able to eat more and more. I can eat anything steak bread and salads. do i just need a fill or have i messed something up. Thanks Jeremy

You just need a fill. Do not eat to the point of pain and you should be ok. You have probably lost fat around your stomach and that's why it's loosened up as you have lost weight. Hang in there, you'll be ok :thumbup:

As with everyone else i am pretty sure we didnt get this way with feeding just our hunger.

I think what Jack was asking was at this point...right now...are you eating because you are hungry or are you eating for another reason. I agree... we pretty much all got this way because we ate for the wrong reasons. Have you started doing that again, or are you just truly hungry. You do lose fat around your stomach and that is why the band loosens up. If that didn't happen, we would never need fills. You most likely have NOT stretched your pouch, you just probably need a fill...if you are eating because you are hungry.

A fill probably wouldn't hurt. As you lose the fat around your stomach, the band gets looser.

Jack's right though, you need to know WHY you're eating. Are you truly physically hungry or is it mental hunger? We all struggle with this.

Jeremey, Hey how FANTASTIC for you, I was banded on Jan 30th and have lost 22lbs.I've been beating myself up because it isn't more ! But when I talked to my Dr. he said i could be 1cc off of loosing and my next fill is June 3rd.It will get better, It's all new territory to all of us and I think you are doing GREAT,try to eat veg's and good stuff and hang in there,we WILL do it BUT TOGETHER ! Peg

:thumbup:

Jeremy,

you are doing fantastic! I was banded 01/07/08 and I lost ONLY 10lbs and then managed to find it back again, I have 4cc's in a 10ccband. I struggle every single day and am obviously feeding more than just my hunger! I am on the exercise train and just started journaling my food today and we shall see what happens. keep up the good work. I am going to ask my doctor for a fill next month and see how it goes. wish me luck. take care and dont beat yourself up...you are pluggin along just fine.