Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does food ever not become the center of your life

I'm just thinking about a lapband, but what I really want is for food not to be the center of my life. I seems like after the lapband it is still all about food, just how you eat, what you eat, etc. Does it ever end?

YES!! When it finially becomes apparent that it is not what you are eating but what is eating you...you have finially lost the weight and realize that you can eat, live and lose weight--and the only thing that changes is your size and perhaps your abilaty to move. The rest is the confidence you gain in yourself when you stop beating yourself up for all the wrong choices and just get on with life!! Give yourself time!!!

I am still on that learning curve but I do NOT think about food all the time anymore. Thankfully. That has improved alot

I still have problems stopping sometimes when I know I'm full, but I am getting better.

I'm there with Ready....it's not there all the time, but I'm still learning.

I recently didn't want a fill because my b-day was coming. I'm still struggling with the holdays = food. I think once you have an addiction, it's always there.

It does morph into something different.

I don't wake up thinking about what will I eat.

I don't worry about what people will think about me when they see me eating.

Do I focus on food like I used to. Not so much. But I am more successful when I plan my meals and bring my food to work with me. But I think most people who eat mindfully pack their lunch/cook more, simply because you can make healthier choices.

It is vastly different, but it isn't an off/on thing. It certainly feels more in control instead of being controlled.

HTH

J

I am still on that learning curve but I do NOT think about food all the time anymore. Thankfully. That has improved alot

I still have problems stopping sometimes when I know I'm full, but I am getting better.

:thumbup:

It is a learned process...and I am still learning. Admittedly, sometimes I feel that I am a very slow learner, but it is coming.

I so agree. For me it is learning to eat with intention and not to eat as a social activity. My fear is that I won't enjoy eating anymore, that I will only use food for nutrition.

I get banded on Friday and already know that this was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. :thumbup:

I'm with Juli on this -- it feels more like being in control.

While I do plan what I eat in order to be successful long term, I don't obsess about it throughout the day. food doesn't have the power over me that it used to.

One of the things we all have to do is make sure we don't get hung up on it (our struggles with weight) not being fair. Yeah, maybe it's not fair that we have to work at healthy food choices, Portion Control, and exercise in order to be slender.

But everyone has something that's not fair in their life. Is it fair that some people work their butts off at minimum wage their entire life while others are born into wealth and privilege? Fair that we have so much food available to us here that we are able to be grossly obese while people in Africa, India and other parts of the world are dying of starvation? Fair that a kid born with severe food allergies can't have a piece of birthday cake at her own party?

So we suck it up, say "oh, well", and do what we need to so we can be healthy. Even if that means paying careful attention, for the rest of our lives, to our food choices, food portion sizes, and exercise. One day at a time. And the band makes that possible for a lot of us by removing that constant hunger that drives us to overeat.

[i don't at all mean this as a rant at the OP. This point of view is from the Beck book and it resonated with me... it's a helpful way of looking at things. My card for this says "What would be even more unfair is letting this stand in the way of me achieving a goal I really want: to lose this weight."]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches