Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Millington Tn

Hi Cindy,

This process is definitely time consuming and tedious. I'll be seeing Dr. Woodman on the 27th of this month. I'm not sure who Dr. Weaver is though.

I'll also be going to my second visit for my 6 month weight loss management. It is really not as bad as you would think. I am lucky because I work in a hospital and one of the doctors I work with frequently is handling my weight loss management. I have a total of 5 Dr appt.'s this month alone lol. Hopefully it will take care of most of the requirements that my insurance company is looking for.

A work of advice though. Make sure you do your research as far as your insurance is concerned. I have Cigna and they gave me some wrong information as far as the surgery being covered. I'm not sure if you are self pay or not but I had to go through the human resources department of my employer to get the correct information. I now know that my surgery will be covered 100% after my initial yearly deductible. Before they were telling me I had to pay the deductible and an additional 20% of the total cost, which was incorrect. So just dot all your 'I' and cross all your 'T's' so to speak.

Good luck on your journey. I know for myself I'm extremely excited about the surgery. I know that sounds weird but I have been heavy for most of my life as well. I tell my friends I'm just a skinny person trapped inside a heavy body...lol. But one day, with the help of this surgery that skinny or should I just say 'thinner' person will emerge and live a healthier life so that I can enjoy the rest of my life being able to do some of the things that my weight has prevented me from doing in the past. Lets keep in touch and hopefully we can lend support when it is needed. It helps to have people that are going through the same experiences.

Oh and by the way, Congrats on finding a man that was able to look at the inside as well as the outside of you. I am still searching myself lol. Good men are few and far between.

Gina

Thanks. I am excited for you too. We have some friends in Millington and sometimes go to a little bar up there with them. Small world.

I also have Cigna and used to work in insurance so I was prepared to dig for the insurance details. LOL. I haven't even gotten an appt with Dr. Weaver yet. Just filled out the app and advised I met the guidelines. I have had my psych eval but as of today they haven't recieved it yet and see my pcp on Friday (follow up on current comorbidities and see how much of previous visits would be construed as weight loss since we have discussed that since my first visit with her. I am soo hoping to not have to wait til the end of year around the holidays to actually have the surgery. Well continued good luck and keep me posted too.

Hi Gina,

I also live in Millington. So now you have a real neighbor! We just moved to milington in November and we love it.

Now I have to write in concerning Dr. Woodman. I know two people who went to him and one friend who went to Dr.Weaver. The ones who went to Dr. Woodman scared me with the talk of how negative he is when you are going through such a difficult time to do such a serious surgery and making such serious life changes. I heard good things about Dr. Weaver and her bedside manner. I decided to go to her and actually my appointment is tomorrow and I am so excited. I have finished everything but my visit with her and my insurance approval. I had to complete the six months and I was so glad when that process was over in April.

Well, good luck and I hope that you choose the right person who best suits you and your needs.

I am also sorry that you are now gonna have to battle with your insurance company. Good Luck and stay in touch!

Hi all!!!

And I hope everyone is doing great!!!! Good luck to everyone who is waiting on approval. I am a patient of Dr Woodman well at least until I can get an appt with Dr Weaver- McGrath. I had the lapband surgery in Nov 07 and did fine until July 08. I have not been back to Woodman since then. I refuse to go to a doctor that ends up upsetting me to the point of tears after I leave his office. I know I maybe hurting myself in the long run but I can not take his abuse anymore. I also agree with the post from some months ago about not knowing what is actually in your band. My best friend had surgery in April 08 and she asked him home much he has put in her band he told her not to worry about it. She is a nurse and was just curious. She is now in outraged with him because of the way he treated her. I hope you guys think hard before you make up your mind to use him. Again GOOD luck to all!!!!

Hello ALL!!! I had lapband Surgery and As some of you I used Woodman. I have not been to see him since July 08 because I refuse to pay someone to make me cry after I leave their office. I lost 70 lbs in about 6 months then when I saw him he told me he was doing a fill. We I am going to see Dr Weaver-McGrath on March 11 and her nurse seems to think that Woodman took all my Fluid out or almost all. I have not changed my diet or my excercise but I have lost like 15 lbs in 7 months. If I had to do it all over I would definately NOT use Woodman. He is an A$$ and If I wanted his abusive mouth I would have just listened to the voice inside me or memories of being an obese child and think about what cruel people said. I have PCOS and HS (boils from sweat glands getting infected) and Woodman said all I have is EXCUSES or I must be hitting the vendor machines and I have told him I haven't since a moth before surgery which was Halloween 07. I had surgery on Nov 19th 07 and I am looking for some support and HE is NOT it!!!!!!!! Good luck to all and I will tell you how my visit with Weaver goes....Charli

OMG'sh I work in Bartlett, and live in Tipton and I was banded on 12.30.08 and I used Dr. Woodman also, now I'm five weeks into it and I've called several times out of concern on things and speak with his office, they tell me I'm a worry wart, well yeah, I want this to work and make sure I'm doing the right stuff, thats what they are their for support right. Well I got feed up, and finally emailed him personally (thinking him being a M.D. would speak with me alittle more concerned or give me compassion) well, lordy guess what my response was from him.

"Feel free to make an appointment.

However, if you eat as instructed (3 small meals and a snack), low fat foods only, and REAL exercise as instructed, you will do fine.

Laura should be contacting you today. Reread your instructions and we look forward to seeing you soon."

Hello, Laura never called, and I had to call her. Its made me very discouraged, and I'm with him for the year as you would understand. Well I'm scheduled for my first fill on 02.09.09, and I've already cried several times since the band, and gosh knows he does'nt want to make me cry again....... thanks for the info on him, I wish I had it before I was banded.

Keep in touch with me you tennesse people, I would love it!

Beth,

I am sorry your going through that. Just stick it out for the yr then switch if you can't handle it or you could give Dr Weaver's office a call. They impressed me even over the phone and worked me in immediately. I was suppose to go last week but of course the snow closed the office. If you would ever like to chat you could email me at Charli0272@aol.com. I grew up in Tipton co and now live in Bartlett. Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts!!!

Charli