Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Local Restaurants, Bandster Discounts/Substitutions/Unfriendly

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a bit leery to flash my card to get the child's price at buffets, and have pretty much avoided them. But, avoidance isn't always an option. Today my family took me to the Mother's Day Brunch at Deerfield, which was expensive enough that I decided to give it a try.

So, I thought a thread where we can all list restaurants that we've tried to get accomodations at would save us all a lot of stress.

I'll start the list... Deerfield did give me the child's price. :welldoneclap: (And extremely yummy, btw!)

I can also mention that the Perkins on Kirkwood Highway lets me substitute a side salad for the potatoes and pancakes when I order an omelette. (No flashing of the card required.)

I have to agree with you Jack.

I no longer have my card (and with my insurance no longer in Iragau's list of approved / accepted insurances I have not been to them in probably 2 years or so. {my wife is still on their approved list and - in fact is on her way home from them right now}.

I also either order form the appetizers, plan on 'take home' or split with my wife (when we can agree on an entree to share)

Hi Pattman,

Since I was the main reason we went to buffets, we just don't go. I do exactly what everyone else does, but my wife's preference is usually good enough for me. I usually only get a bite of hers and an appetizer. BTW, I know it's not much Protein, but the shrooms (that's cream cheese stuffed mushrooms, with a panko bread crumb coating, not magic mushrooms) at Houlihan's is an amazing stray.

Since my band works wierd, I don't seem to be stretching my pouch much. I splurge with a very inexpensive creme brulet for dessert and that's about all I can eat, except for a bite of what my wife's ordered. Those are about my two favorite foods now. I have to hit the Protein Drink at some point to make that work though.

BTW, I make the shrooms last three "meals". My wife eats one and I eat two at a sitting.

Now for my update:

I had my check-up with Irgau and didn't get a fill. It turns out that I didn't have a leak, but that I was eating the wrong kind of stuff. I can't eat meat, unless it's ground, but if I eat crackers, chips with brie (stay away from that stuff folks), Soup, or Cereal, it goes straight through. Well duh!!!, Irgau said that's normal, but I never knew that. I may even be too tight, as I should probably be able to eat chicken thighs without feeling scratchy pain. Is that right? Anyway, I'm finally losing weight again :D and didn't get a fill this time. I don't see the doc for two months this time and it feels great.

Does anyone else feel this scratchy painful feeling when they eat something too coarse for them? Or is it because I can't live without regular leaded coffee for Breakfast? I sleep all day without it.

Blessings,

Rob

High = 415 lbs. in November 2007

Banded on 4-2-08 by Dr. Irgau, at 402.5 lbs.

362 today, oorah!

PS. How do I get rid of all of that crud at the bottom of this message? :thumbup: I'll try to change my preferences.