Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy June Protein Preferences

I just bought the chocolate and vanilla Protein powders from Walmart--the brand is Fortress, I believe. I haven't tried them yet, but either way, it's what I'm stuck with. I'm officially a budget bandster, I can't really spend 40-50 bucks on a tub of Protein Powder. These were like $13 each for the same quantity of the more expensive ones.

That's the one I bought in bulk too. I have only bought the vanilla, but I like it. It has no after taste. I am going to try the chocolate too. Have you cracked yours open yet? I ordered the samples for so I can add some variety to my liquid diet, but don't see them as a long-range thing because it can get costly. I ordered 9 samples and it was like $20!

I have been using HMR Protein Shakes for 3 years and I really like them. They come in vanilla and chocolate and also in lactose free. I mix them with all sorts of things like the sugar free Torani and DaVinci syrups that come in several flavors. I mix chocolate with coffee. I put frozen fruit in with it and blend. Your options are unlimited. My favorite is the vanilla mixed with sugar free coconut Syrup, and frozen pineapple. I add a packet of Splenda and sometimes even surgar free Jello powder or sugar free jello pudding powder. I am scheduled for June 10th and looking forward very much to the rest of my life. You can find HMR, Torani and DaVinci online--just google the name.:lol:

Jill

I tried the chicken Soup unjury and was pleasantly surprised! I saved it for last, because I just assumed I wouldn't like it, but I was wrong. The directions said to just mix it with warm Water. Instead, I added it to a cup of vegetable Soup in vegetable broth. I didn't even know it was there. No Protein after-taste whatsoever.

After trying all the sample packets, I ended up ordering 2 full size containers of the chocolate and the unflavored. I just see myself using those the most.

I like Muscle Milk Protein powders in both chocolate and Vanilla Creme -- bought a bit less expensively in powder form at drugstore.com (and with a GNC card).

I learned quickly after starting Medifast that I have an intolerance for soy Protein. It's an ugly thing when your skin erupts into zillions of little blisters!

I'll be sticking to whey protein. I haven't found anything like chicken or Tomato Soup with when Proteins, but I'll post back when I have.

I am a May bandster and my favorite Protein drink is made by Herbalife. You can go online to order it. It is the best tasting by far!!

As far as Protein goes, yes you can consume too much!!! If you consume more than 50-60g per day, you will hinder your weight loss!!

Good luck to all of you Jazzy June bandsters!! The surgery was a breeze and my first fill was totally painless!!!!

only 50-60g per day? thats weird my Surgeon told me he wants me to consume 80g a day:crying:

I am on 50 - 60g/day as well.

wow! one more day for you!!! congrats & best wishes!:tongue:

only 50-60g per day? thats weird my Surgeon told me he wants me to consume 80g a day:crying:

You need to discuss your Protein intake with your dietician. Your Protein needs are determined by you ideal body weigth. Based on mine it is 73 grams per day. However for the first couple of weeks, my goal is only 40grams per day.

Hiya!!

I'm a bit worried about these Protein drinks you're all getting....I'm in the UK (or at least I will be when I get out of hospital) and not seen anything like this.

Someone mentioned slimfast....would that be ok..or Cambridge diet??

Amanda

xx

I use EAS Myoplex lite. The vanilla one has an after taste but the chocolate and strawberry are pretty darn good! I also have the plain powder they make and so far I haven't been able to tell when I add it to my drinks. Walmart is the obvious best place to buy them because they are the cheapest. But I found them at Fry's and Target too.

I am purchasing the nectar Protein whey from the Vitamin Shoppe. They sell it at my Drs. office but I found it at the Vitamin shoppe for less.. They have lots of flavors.. chocolate, Vanilla, Carribean Cooler, Roadside Lemonade. Iced Tea, Cookies and Cream, Some kind of Green Apple.. and others I can't remember.. They are 2lbs containers for about $32.00.. other places have them online but shipping will cost you more.. My Dr. sells them for $50.. I want a variety as I am not a big sweet person..

Tonight I wanted to try something a bit different, rather than just having a Protein Drink. So I put the vanilla drink in the blender and added 1c ff milk and 3 TBSP Cinnamon plus (from Pampered Chef, basically just has cin, nutmeg, and all spice) and it tastes just like egg nog, without the egg thickness! it's delicious! :cursing:

What a great idea!! I love cinnamon and hadn't thought about mixing it with the vanilla shake. I sell PC, but am at my parent's house, so when I get home, I'll definitely try it with the cinnamon plus! Thanks for the great ideas...Lord knows after 5 days of liquid, I need something to liven up life a little bit :) :tongue:

i bought EAS vanilla then i went to the grocery store and bought those sugar free syrups, they have all flavors! i found them in the coffe isle at Albertsons,you can turn a vanilla shake into any flavor you like