Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constitutional change

With the change of consumption I wonder if there are other changes with the bodies ways of emptying.ie haveing a dump(poo).As I must admit this does worry me some as I can't think of anything worse than being in the loo 1 minute longer than nessary.I know therethose who like to read or ponder on things.Could you please tell me if Iam to expect changes in the rear end side of things.Not a nice subject but nessary.

Many thanks Annette.

I have a problem then.As Iam already a very windy person.They don't call Perth the windy city for nothing.I first thought it was onions then milk then chocolatenow my breakfast.Who knows but maybe I shall go the other way with less food going in.Thanks for your input.

Annette

Annette, being banded can indeed create changes in one's bathroom routine because of the smaller amount of bulk in the diet. Getting enough Fiber is a bandster challenge indeed. A lot of people take to adding fiber with supplements, but you have to be careful not to choose one that bulks up in the stomach. Benefiber is a good brand, because it doesn't thicken and can't clog the stoma.

Annette,

Being a new bandster I am surprised that I still go to the bathroom everyday but just not as much comes out like it use to. The gas rumbling is a lot different it is really loud but so far other than that everything seems to be normal.

I can't say that I have noticed any changes. I still burp, still fart, still poo normal just like I used to. I do try to take Benefiber tablets everyday just to help keep myself regular, but I had to do that before I got banded too.

I can honestly say that I have no difference. Hope this helps.

I do not take a fiber suplement, but I do consume large ammounts of Water every day which helps in my bowel movements not being so strained. I do go alot less but like Nykee have lots more gas then I ever had pre band.

I do not take a fiber suplement, but I do consume large ammounts of Water every day which helps in my bowel movements not being so strained. I do go alot less but like Nykee have lots more gas then I ever had pre band.

I'm the same way Michelle! If I have a problem (which I usually don't) I eat some prunes or drink some apple juice.

BURRRRRP.......scuse me.........................FFRRRRRT.........FRT!!!!!! I'm so sorry I'm a new bandster!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! I definatly have more of both of these problems sice banding but I still love my band.

A new air freshener for your car and blaming your husband when you fart will help witth all those stinky problems!!!!!!! Just say IT WASN'T Me!!!!!

I poop the same as far as I remember anyway. No difference. I use to have IBS...I don't have that anymore thank goodness

I didn't poop for almost a week on the clear liquid phase, but I guess that is normal.

Now that I am on solids, I poop normaly as I always did, about once every other day. I pee a lot more with all the Water I am pumping in though.

I was also a very "windy" person and hubby calls me them "trucker farts". But I don't have any extra gas other than my normal ones I have always had. :D

I don't have any rumbling tummy or gurgling noises either. Maybe this will change after my fill, I don't know yet.

Another topic I think is important to not is a woman's period or "time of month". I was about 3 weeks late (and am never late) after I had the surgery. I kept waiting and waiting and nothing. I knew I wasn't pregnant (first you have to have sex for that and second I would of had to have my tubes untied). Other bandsters told me they had the same issues that they were expecting their periods right after surgery and it was WAY late. Also a note... it is veryyyyy heavy and scared the crap out of me to bleed so much! Sorry, but again, important to say in case others are wondering or concerned.