Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ouch! Hurt feelings!

50 pounds is awesome . . . you have come along way!!! Don't let others tear you down, you know how hard you have worked to get to this point. Congratulations!!!!!

Perhaps you should do a little celebrating . . . maybe a pedicure or a party at the park with your family. :0)

Thankyou all for the continued positive comments and support.

Today was a MUCH better day. It had to be because I chose that it would be! I spent an hour working out at the YMCA, I made good food choices and I focused on the positive.

I can do this no matter what anyone else thinks or says! You all are fantastic for reminding me of that!

:) Renee

Does it make any sense to have hurt feelings? Probably not. But I just can't seem to get over it. Maybe I need to keep my celebrations to myself in the future? Maybe I need to learn to not rely on others for positive feedback? Maybe I need to go get the damn donuts and get it over with and then just move on?? hahaha

First of all - 50 lbs is FANTASTIC girlie!! Be proud and wear that grin, you deserve it. Your MIL is obviously a bit of a b*tch, so next time I'd just not tell her, you don't need people to rain on your parade. Some people have no tact whatsoever. Congrats on your loss! And that bank teller whoa man, we won't even get into the class act that she is! Who says that?! I would have been hurt too hon, you are only human.

I am so sorry this happened to you. People don't think before they speak. When I got on the scale and learned I had lost 49.5 pounds I jumped for joy! When I told my husband he said it's not 50..your mini goal was 50....yeah.....

Men...

I can do this no matter what anyone else thinks or says! You all are fantastic for reminding me of that!

:) Renee

You sure can! Keep up the fantastic work!

I have yet to have any negative comments made (to my face at least, lol) and am okay with the comments that I do get about looking good or looking smaller, it makes me feel good. One of my sales guys that I work with is always complimenting me and telling me how proud he is, almost like I'm his kid lol. He says he is going to call me "skinny minnie" but only in private. And my boss (he has been fantastic through this whole thing) is always encouraging and telling me he's noticing the difference (he's always been supportive and inquisitive as he has a sister who has struggled with her weight for a long time). And if anyone does have anything not so nice to say to my face.. well f*ck'em cuz I'm doing this for me not them. :angry_smile:

I have 4 words for you: 50 pounds is FANTASTIC. 4 more words: other people are STUPID.

You have lots to be proud of - don't let some people's ignorance take anything away from that.

Robin

I just have to get this out....

In the last few days, I have reached what I think is a significant weight loss goal. I have lost my first 50 pounds! How exciting! Right?

Well, I was quite excited... texting and calling family and friends. I called my mother in law... and instead of her congratulating me and telling me she was happy or proud or any such positive thing... the first thing out of her mouth.... "well good, now you can start working on the next 50". WTF?!?!?! Nothing like bursting my bubble! Sheesh! Made me want to go gorge on some donuts! Then today I was at the bank and I hadn't been in there in awhile because I ususally just use the drive through (it is easier then getting my kids out of carseats and trying to keep them from running around in the bank) Deep down, I hoped the ladies at the bank might notice my weight loss. Then, as I am heading out the door... one of the ladies asked me when my baby was due? WHAT?!?! Are you kdding me? This is the smallest I have been in 10 years! I went back to my car in tears. I'm glad my husband was with me and I didn't have to drive.

Tonight I don't know how to feel. I am quite proud of my accomplishments so far. However, I feel hurt that I received what I felt to be negative feedback during a time that I was trying to Celebrate my success.

Does it make any sense to have hurt feelings? Probably not. But I just can't seem to get over it. Maybe I need to keep my celebrations to myself in the future? Maybe I need to learn to not rely on others for positive feedback? Maybe I need to go get the damn donuts and get it over with and then just move on?? hahaha

Sorry I am a late, but I wanted to throw my thoughts in.

First of all, I am sure your mother-in-law thought she was being encouraging, but it was an ass thing to say. I think you have reached a milestone and deserve to be proud of yourself. I know I am proud of you congrats and good work.

Second, I once got asked when my baby was due at 170 lbs, which is below my goal weight. Don't worry about it. Some people are just ignorant. Personally I don't ask anyone about their pregnancy unless they are wearing a shirt with an arrow pointing to their belly that says "Baby in here, ask me about it" Because 9 out of 10 times you look like a rude jackass for making assumptions. We all know what happens when one assumes. I am sorry that happened to you. Dang Bubble bursters.

And here is my most important point (to me) Does it make sense that my feelings are hurt? Probabley not--- Your feelings dont have to make sense, they are your feelings not your logic. You have every right to feel like you do. You let those feelings out girl. I am so glad you choose to come here and gripe instead of holding those perfectly justifiable feelings in and numbing them with icecream...which is what I have to fight with myself not to do.

You go girl.

I have yet to have any negative comments made (to my face at least, lol) and am okay with the comments that I do get about looking good or looking smaller, it makes me feel good. One of my sales guys that I work with is always complimenting me and telling me how proud he is, almost like I'm his kid lol. He says he is going to call me "skinny minnie" but only in private. And my boss (he has been fantastic through this whole thing) is always encouraging and telling me he's noticing the difference (he's always been supportive and inquisitive as he has a sister who has struggled with her weight for a long time). And if anyone does have anything not so nice to say to my face.. well f*ck'em cuz I'm doing this for me not them. :thumbup:

salesmen? What kind of place do you work at? I work at a toyota dealership. Mostly everyone is supportive.

Don't be discouraged. 50 is a lot to lose. I know this is easier said then done but. Hold your head high. And revel in the feeling of more freedom of movement, more energy to keep up with the ones you love. But, also remember the love of your immediate family. Husband, kids. They are the ones that matter most.

And CONGRATULATIONS! I look forward to the day I reach the 20 mark. Which is not far now. But not that close either.