Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cosmetic Bliss

Hi everyone. I was wondering has anyone gone to Czech Republic with Cosmetic Bliss to have surgery? I had looked into going abroad with them in Jan and had a phone call from the lady who owns the company (I forget her name now). She was really nice and we spoke for about 45 mins.

I decided to look elsewhere as I couldn't find out much about the comapny and living in Northern Ireland I wasn't sure where I was gonna get my fills and aftercare. However, after having my hopes raised and now dashed about surgery at home I am once again looking into other options.

So if anyone has experience of Cosmetic Bliss please let me know, I look forward to your replies.:wink2:

Hiya,

I've just seen your request for information about Cosmetic Bliss and am here to say 'Use them!!!' I've recently had Gastric Sleeve surgery, on the 1st of April and I have since lost over 2 and a half stone in less than 5 weeks! The company itself is fantastic. When I was looking for a company to have surgery with I was very weary about booking with an internet company, especially outside of my own country, but as soon as I soke with Micheal at Cosmetic Bliss I felt more at ease. It was still daunting when I finally sent off the balance of the money, as far as I knew it was going into Cyberspace maybe never to be seen again, but I was willing to try anything I was that desparate!! I'm glad I did, its the best thingI have ever done for myself. I was met at the airport by Debra and Micheal who introduced me to the other girls who were going with me to have the same proceedure, they chatted to us about the surgery and general chit chat before we got on the plane. When we landed in the Czec Replublic, Debra and Micheal met us there and transfered us to the hotel, Which by the way completely lives up to its name of the Grand! It was an amazing hotel. We were then given time to take our bags to our rooms and we went back to the bar area to have a chat with Debra and Micheal to talk things over and ask any questions etc. They are the most wonderful, honest and caring people you could wish to meet, they completely put me at ease and any reservations I had were totally gone by the time they left the hotel. Debra is with you the whole day when you go for your tests, the hospital themselves are so thorough when doing the tsets and the doctors and nurses are wonderful, so caring and explaining all the time what they are doing. They all speak fantastic English too. Debra is like a Mummy while you're there, she was rubbing my hand as I was having the some of the tests and it is like taking your Mother with you. Following the operation I was a little uncomfortable but the staff at the hospital made sure you were looked after and that you had all the pain releif you needed. They are literally there the second you call them. The hospital itself is a bit dated from the outside and on the lower floor, but when you get to the ward that deals with the weight loss proceedures you can see they are newly refurbished and spotlessly clean, even the cleaning staff were masks when they come into your room to clean!! I can't really say anything but good things about the whole experience, it even continues after you return home, Debra and Micheal stay in touch with you, they call to see how you're doing and want to have regular contact to make sure you are doing well and getting the results you are looking for, they don't just take your money and forget about you! If I had to recommend them to anyone, I totally would, even my Mother is talking of having surgery with them in the New Year. So go for it - it'll be the best decision you'll ever make!!!!

Hi,

My name's Kath. I'm having surgery with Cosmetic Bliss next week, I'm travelling to Brno next Sunday. It's good to hear positive things. So far, the communication with them has been very good and i've been given lots of info. I'm actually having a gastric sleeve. I'm excited but nervous. Doing the pre-op 'liver-shrinking' diet at present. Have lost few pounds this week so far.

I did ask my GP about gastric banding, but with a BMI of 39.5 he wasn't interested, even though I have tried everything over the years. Amazing to be told after 30 years of being overweight that I am just not fat enough! So I looked into it privately and found cosmetic bliss, which is when i learned about the gastric sleeve operation. Once I had filled in all the details for the surgeon to consider, he recommended the gastric sleeve instead.

Would love to hear from anyone who is considering , or has had this surgery.

Kath x