Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could my first fill be enough?

OK, I was banded on 3/25, Had my first fill, 3cc in a 10cc band last week. I am wondering if it is enough? I have never had food stick, never had a PB, I can eat anything, but I'm full after 3/4 cup of food, I start to get hungry about 2 1/2 to 3 hours later. I'm eating about 1/3 of the calories I was pre Band. And am losing a pound or so a week. Clearly more restriction would cut down on the food I eat but I don't want any problems.... Any thoughts?

OK, I was banded on 3/25, Had my first fill, 3cc in a 10cc band last week. I am wondering if it is enough? I have never had food stick, never had a PB, I can eat anything, but I'm full after 3/4 cup of food, I start to get hungry about 2 1/2 to 3 hours later. I'm eating about 1/3 of the calories I was pre Band. And am losing a pound or so a week. Clearly more restriction would cut down on the food I eat but I don't want any problems.... Any thoughts?

every one is different. I had my first fill about two weeks ago and had to go back yesterday for a second fill because I was eating too much. He said that the first fill with air bubbles sometimes isn't the full amount. they had put in 2 cc and he only took out 1.5 yesterdy so he added enough to make 3.5 cc's and I feel good restriction now. I can eat only about half cup at a time. So just wait it out and then you can decide. He told me to come back in a few weeks if I feel that its not working. I have a 10cc band. I feel like I have control now. I was working out 3 times a week with a trainer and walking the other days and only lost 1.5 pounds in two weeks. Not good....so just waitit out...you'll find your place....at least that's what i've seen from others who have written. good luck

sharon:)

:)

My first fill was perfect. Unfortunately, I had to have a partial unfill because I was sick, coughing alot, had some irritation, and couldn't even swallow liquids. I had a fill last Saturday back to where it had been, and it's finally kicking in. I don't think a perfect fill the first time happens often, but it does happen. You're lucky!

I was at the behavior modification seminar they have us take locally and there was a woman there who has lost 120 lbs in the last year, she looks wonderful by the way, she only had a single fill. I think that would be great......so much less radiation. It actually worries me a bit that they want to x-ray or florascope when they do fills.....wonder if that is normal? well anyway maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who has the perfect fill the first time!!

My doc only flouroscopes if he is having difficulty or there is an emergency for that very reason. I have to agree with him. I've had two and he hit it right on both times. He also only gives fills if you stop losing and are eating to much. If you continue to lose 1 -2 pounds a week on one fill....then that's all you get. It would be a waste of time and money to do one you don't need. If the band is working, why "fix" it? It's not unheard of, but it's rare.

Moonshadow I was banded on 3/31 sounds like we are about the same. Tuesday I got my first fill 4cc that gave me a total of 5cc. I went on liquid again for about 3 days I stop myself at 4-5oz. I have never had a pb , and I dont feel hungry at all. I am also losing about 1-2 pounds a week. I still have not felt the fullness but then again I dont ever eat more than 4-5oz I hope this is fine. Any thoughts ?????? What type of Protein are youtaking ????

I am 2 years out, almost to my goal weight, have surgery scheduled later this month for a Tummy Tuck---and I have had 2 fills.

Like you say, I could likely have done it quicker with more restriction, but I have not had any problems, and feel the spot I am at is ideal!

At our seminar, he said there are very rarely people that never even need a fill! My band has eliminated my hunger----which is a godsend!

I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Too many times, it seems an overtight band, and resulting unfill, lead to more of the same problems as time goes by.

I am scared to have my fill removed for my TT. I am required to do so, and understand completely doing it, but I am scared I won't ever find this happy spot again.

My Dr. is one who will not fill you more if you are losing weight, he feels being too tight is not healthy for the stomach. We got along well in that manner. He also only uses fluoro under request or if he has a problem locating of hitting a port. Never have needed it----we used it at a year out, and looked at my band---but that was a check up, not a fill.

Keep up the good work!!!

Kat

I had three ccs put in at surgery and have never needed anything else. I was banded on March 5. I haven't had any hunger and I can eat about a cup of food at a time.

I'm not sure that a volume measure is really much to go by because a cup of chocolate cake vs. half a cup of Protein and half a cup of green Beans is a world of difference.

I just track my calories and stay under 1200. I'm totally content and not worried about setting speed records, as long as I'm losing steadily.