Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I didn't die! Thank you Jesus!

Dear Kathy,

I am praying even now that Kathy and her band be restored to perfect condition and without surgery. "Be alert and always keep on praying" (Ephesians 6:18). Don't be afraid; just believe" (Mark 5:36). Everything is possible for him who believes." (Mark 9:23). "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God" (Mark 10:27).

Dear Lord for Kathy I pray God promises: His grace is sufficient to help you stand firm today. "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?"( Romans 8:35). Also, Father let us all be amazed and joyful by Kathy's recovery...whatever is best for her health.

Amen!

Always,

Judy

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Kathy!!!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) This is the sucky part of the internet...you are too far away for me to do anything but sit here and hope you are okay. Sending you a huge plast of the good old white light, the brightest and bluest I can! (white being the color of protection, and blue being the color of healing)

I am overwhelmed by the caring of all you nice people! You can't know how much I covet your prayers, well-wishes, and white and blue lights...what comes from your hearts is your concern for me and I am SO grateful.

Went to the ER, got 2 bags of Fluid and an IV of something similar to Prevacid (anti-ulcer anti gas type med) and had a Water soluble Upper GI...loads of info there I cannot interpret...look soon for a new thread with those pics...first step is to e-mail them to Kuri. My fear is the pics comfirm slippage...no Band doc at the hopital to say one way or the other...but they gave me copies of the films (27 pics in all!!!) to take to my band doc in Winston. If Kuri can look at a few pics I e-mail and says "Yes, slippage" I am heading back to TJ for repair. I trust Kuri, and I can't afford the US hospital prices!!!! I know Kuri will repair well if needed. Okay, it takes me forEVER to get all this computer e-mails with attachments yada yada together but as soon as I get Kuri correspondence done, I will start a new thread with my GI pics...and we'll go from there!!!!!!! Back here ASAP with more updates...

(((((((((hugs for everyone back!!))))))))))))))))

I have been away from the board these past few days. I am soooooo Sorry to hear you still are not healing. I hope it is not a slippage but something that only time itself will take to heal. Praying Kathy that you get your answer today and that you are feeling better..

Seems to me that you had a problem before the Jello incident. Didn't you feel horrible from the get-go? I mean, didn't you have a hard time getting even Water down before that initial PB five days out?

You are right that Kuri won't gauge you with prices. He cares more about patients than money. I hope he's able to view the e-mail attachments easily. You probably don't have to send every single image. Only attach a couple, and then start a fresh e-mail. If the file is too large it might cause problems.

I wasn't going to spend time at LBT today, but I've been worried about you all weekend and won't feel right till you make it to that "recovered" thread. We are all glad that you have test results and hope to hear good news soon.

Meanwhile, I challenge everyone on this thread to drink an extra bucket of water today in Kathy's honor (or whatever huge receptacle you normally drink from.)

Okay, here's the latest and we can close this leg of the saga...

I sent Dr Kuri the pics of my Upper GI (the ones I posted on the "Is this slippage?" thread under Support. He read the e-mails and saw the pics and called me this morning and said "you band loooks pear-fect! No sleepeege" (tanslate, your band looks perfect, no slippage) Whew! So I am not facing a repair surgery, thank God! So I said, "So what's wrong? Why am I having so much trouble?" He said "Have you been taking the Prilosec?" So I explain that it's 24hr slow release and it says not to crush. And he said "Crush it, twice a day" So there. No more nasty liquid Zantac, I crushed a tablet and mixed it into some guava nectar with Protein Powder I have been sipping on this morning and it went down fine. And as I sit here, my lower tummy is growling...a good sign that I have been drinking well today, however slowly. But what I wouldn't give for a bucket of Water that wouldn't take me a week to drink!!! Ya'll drink that water and appreciate the ease with which it goes down, now! I guess it's like Mary said, time itself will heal it. And Prilosec. And NO V-8. And even no coffee or Tomato Soup. Anything the least bit acidic if off my list for now. And that's that.

The good news is, I may be back at square one with the menu, but my belly is really healing nicely. The incisions now look like scrapes, no swelling, no infection, and I'm getting around lots better. I am not as sore, although the port area is still tender and I really protect it from little knees and elbows and head butting from little man. It's gonna be a long haul, and I read others banded around my time starting in on very smushy mashed potatoes and pureed Soups and yogurt smoothies...aahhhh. It's hard not to resent just a little their uneventful recoveries. But I remain supportive, just as you all have so faithfully supported and encouraged me. I can't thank you enough.

Thank God! But if you are drinking Guava nectar already (which is a thick liquid) then why not drink some thinned down Cream Of Anything Soup with the bits sieved out, or thinned down (with milk) mashed tater soup? What good news. You're probably just a slow healer with some acid issues.

Kathy, Thank You For Getting Back To Us... I Am Soooooooooo Happy To Hear, "no Sleepeeg". Lol, Your To Funny....keep Up The Good Work.. It's Wonderful To Hear That You Are Feeling A Little Better Every Day... Delara Wanted Us All To Drink A Bucket Of Water For You, Mine Is Half Gone, Cheers, Wish She Did That Sooner... I Don't Like Water Much..(((((((hugs)))))))

80) Tara

Oh Kathy what a relief for you to know that it was not a slippage.. I am so happy for you in that area and also that your incisions are healing nicely..

You should try what Lisa suggest try going with something not as thick as the Guava juice or at least Water it down some at least till your pouch feels a little better and can tolerate something thicker.

It's always a hit and miss for me as well..

Everyday is a new day and tommorrow will be better than today.. I know it sounds Korny but I always go by it.

Bottoms up... just chugged another glass for you. Penni is on the road but I talked to her on the phone and she's thinking of you too. I told her about my Water challenge so she's drinking to your health as well. Cheers!

Oh yes, Im in the Water challenge for you, Kathy!

Gosh, things are getting better and better every time I come check on you! :)

Praise God!

Kathy I am so glad you are going to be okay and that nothing is seriously wrong with your band. Hang in there and I hope you continue to get better with each day.

wow, do you see how long this thread is? you are soooooooo loved girl!

Me too, I am in on the Water challenge as well. Especially since I am a big bad girl on drinking it. Today I got 3 bottles down (regular size)!!

Sounds as if you are on the road to speedy recovery! Just think about how much extra weight you will lose by being in liquids longer! (even though it was hell)

Come on kathy! Start poochin again!!!!