Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Westbankers

Hi - I'm on the westbank of New Orleans. I was banded in November 2007 and so far am down 70 pounds. Do we have any westbankers here?

I am from Plaquemines Parish and was banded @ West Jeff by Dr Treen.

Where were you banded and what Dr. did you use?

I was banded on November 3 at West Jeff by Dr. Belott, same practice as Dr. Treen.

Hi

Happy to find this part of Lapbandtalk. I'm from Slidell. I was banded on April 1 by Dr. Treen on the Westbank. He did my first fill on May 1. He put 2cc in my 4cc band. So far everything has gone really well. I've lost 18 lbs. Not sure if that's good or not.

They seemed happy when I weighed in. I'm eating most of the foods I'm supposed to eat with no problem as long and I don't eat too fast and keep my bites very small. If I eat too fast, I can feel the food in the middle of my chest. Didn't realize that the top part of the stomach is so high in the body.

Anyway, I'm really happy with Dr. Treen and his staff. Karen and Michelle have been so sweet and helpful.

Let's all keep in touch.

Abby

Great to hear from you. I was banded November 3 then had some complications and slipped into a coma for ten days, nothing to do with the surgery, just my body had problems. I'm now 70 pounds lighter and feel good. I still have problems with vomiting but I can relate that to something I am doing wrong like not chewing enough or eating too fast. Still have troubles with red meats but chicken seems to do fine for me.

I agree with you Abby. Dr Treen's staff has been great from the start. I don't think we could have picked a better Surgical group to do our surgery. It was helpful having a Nurse like Karen who is an actual Lap band Patient.

In the last year I have spent a good amount of time seeing various Doctors for differant ailments. Dr. Treen's office has been by far the best experience I have had dealing with any of them.

Hello to All - I am in my 6 month diet which ends in June. I am hoping to be banded in July by Dr. Belott at West Jeff. I am ready to be banded and start losing weight. The office has been very helpful to me. I live in LaPlace. I glad I found this thread. Take care.

How did everyone find out about Dr.Treen/Belott? I personally was recommended to go see Dr Treen by one of my Cardiologist. The seminar I attended in August was the best 1 hour of my life (after the births of my three kids). I wish I had done this ten years ago.

I have been telling anyone who will listen about the Lab Band. I have two co-workers and 1 friend in the process of getting the Band.

I'm also a Westbanker/Dr. Treen patient. I'd like to see more support group meetings like once a week. I'd be willing to start it up if you come and we can find a place. I think it's important to share the good, the bad and the ugly.

Jeanie

I'm also a Westbanker/Dr. Treen patient. I'd like to see more support group meetings like once a week. I'd be willing to start it up if you come and we can find a place. I think it's important to share the good, the bad and the ugly.

Jeanie

Hi Jazlady,

How have you been feeling since getting banded? I am patiently waiting to getting banded. I am very impressed with their office. Karen has been very helpful, everytime I called or go for a weigh in. Yes I noticed they only have one support meeting once a month.

Take Care,

Totally agree with getting together and meeting. Would love to participate. I see we're kinda all over south Louisiana (Slidell, Plaquemines, Westbank and New Orleans). Let's pick maybe a Saturday evening or even Sunday afternoon(?) and some place maybe central to all of us? We can bring our spouses so they can pick up on some of the new ways we live now.

I've been feeling great but have had my share of problems. Mostly emotional and not physical. But even still, lapband was the best decision I've ever made.

I am from the Westbank also, specifically Belle Chasse. I was banded 2 days ago, Aug 22. I think a support group would be a good idea.

I think I'm seeing six of us here? I think that's a large enough group to meet and talk. I'll work on finding a restaurant where we can all get to and set up something.

I agree that Dr.Treen and his staff are awesome. I missed the support group yesterday there because I over did it during the day and wasn't feeling so good. The staff there has been very supportive, especially Karen.