Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protien Diet Anyone??

I just started my 2 weeks of no carb/high Protein dieting! I know it's not going to be easy but, it's something I must get through (God help ME :thumbdown:). The closer I get to surgery the more nervous I am and when I'm nervous, I want to eat :smile:!!!!

hi all

started Optifast first day today only 18 to go .I must say that it was hard getting that shake down for Breakfast it is definatley an acquired taste.Ah well this must be what hunger pains feel like.The one thing i missed the most today was my morning coffee with milk.

Ah well one day down good luck to all

I'll be starting my two week liquid diet on May 29 also. The dietician I saw at the bariatric center gave me some recipes for some shakes that don't sound half bad....some of them even have strawberries or banana in them, and I'm also allowed to have a salad or steamed veggies if I get too hungry so I think I can manage that. My aunt did the same identical diet and lost 15lbs. in the two weeks before surgery, so I'm hoping that I can also. I know I can do it, but it won't be easy so I'll definitely be leaning on you guys for some support!!! Good luck!!!

hi all

I know the feeling started Optifast on the 19th has been 8 days feels like forever.Optifast is certainly not the nicest tasting thing its amazing how i look forward to my salad and cucumber an carrot at night .I must say that the first week is the hardest .Whoever said this was going to be the worst part i definlety agree.I have lost 3 kilos so far so am more than happy .Hope i can loose at least another 3 before the the 6th June Lap band day/Good luck to all on their pre op diets.

It's so funny u posted that Kristie, I went with my family to see the new Indiana Jones movie yesterday and was on day 3 of my liquid protien diet. I thought it would bother me, I just reminded myself while they were making our bucket of popcorn how bad all that tasty FATTENING butter would be for my shrinking liver.

I actually did not even miss it... I did however drink a Protein shake right b4 we left.

so on to day 4 now :) 7 more to go and 8 till "B" day :sad:

yay for us!!!

I'm not actually on Optifast I'm doing the Atkins shakes for on the go.

At home I make Protein shakes...

I use the Protein powder from GNC

I mix 2cups skim milk, one serving of the Protein Powder, 1/2 of the package of SF/FF pudding mix (about 2 1/2 tsp) and some ice, and mix it in a blender. I like the bananna pudding flavor with the choclate flavored Protein mix.

My nutririonist also said I can have SF/FF pudding, scrambled eggs (I got egg beaters for the lower fat, and calories so I can have more egg :)), and fat free cottage cheese.

I also added one more thing, (eekkk)

I take FF refried Beans and salsa and FF cheddar cheese slices and heat and eat!!! nummy and about same consistancy as the eggs and cottage cheese (add skim milk to heat up left overs to loosen up)

I am not limited to just the shakes so it is making it easier for me.

I also took the healthy choice cream of mushroom Soup and a can of skim milk, and a can of tuna in Water and blended it in my handy dandy blender and divided it in half and heated it up with one serving of FF mozz. cheese (just like tuna casserole, could have eaten whole thing!!)

only 7 more days to go I keep telling myself :sad:

Kim

Edited by Huggie Bear
couldn't talk, didn't make sense :P

i am glad you doing well ,you are right nothing tastes as good as thin feels.Only 7 days for you that is great i have 9 cant wait.

Well on to day 5 here... so much fun...

I really didnt notice how "drained" I feel until I went to mow last night.

It takes about an hour to mow our yard with a push mower and when I got done I was shakey and sick to my stomache :)

But surgery is a week from today!!!

almost half way through the liquid diet then its the down hill slide...

The New York Field trip should be interesting guess I'm living on Atkins shakes for those 3 days...

Well had my CARES appointment and all is going good

I have lost 5 pounds since Friday!!

I did find out though that I have been doing my pre-op diet wrong (kinda)

I am supposed to get 64 ounces of Water plus what liquids I eat... not 64 total ounces of Fluid in a day... and my belly is already sloshy!!!

I had my pre suregery screen and had labs drawn and met the anasteseologist (sp?) and will get a call monday afternoon to let me know what time to report for surgery!!

It's almost really real :smile2:

Kim

i know how everyone is feeling day 11 of my pre op diet and i feel so tired as drained i cant wait only 7 days to go of opifast ,which is making me feel sick in the belly in more ways than one.Be glad when i dont have to see a shake or a bar for a very long time,keep strong everyone we will banded soon good luck to all

I start my liquid diet today...wish me luck! You're all troopers for hanging in there this long :wink2: