Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leading a life of slime......

I just want to know why after almost a year of banding I still slime!!! I sometimes forget to chew that first bite or....I take one bite too many! What is my problem?? I picture myself at 80 years old, over the toilet saying " Damn, I didn't chew that first bite!!"

Its not a pretty picture! LOL

Then....if I do not slime it feels like not enough restriction....I do not have that middle ground. Any one in the same boat as me, misery loves company!

Edited by METALBAND

More than two years out I still slime. It's an unavoidable occurence when our bodies are trying to get something down, or preparing to bring something up. Think of it as lubrication. :thumbup: I suspect this is something I will have until I die, or lose my band, whichever may come first.

I slime too!! I just had my 2nd fill and I will tell you that I can barely eat anything, Oh my gosh apple sauce would barely go down, but in the evening I ate mashed potatoes good. Weird huh, also if I stand up and eat it helps the food go down. But I slime alot and I get frustrated sometimes, because I just want to eat.. and then I tell myself this is exactly what you want, you don't want to be able to eat whatever and how much you want. Oh well bitter sweet band!!!

More than two years out I still slime. It's an unavoidable occurence when our bodies are trying to get something down, or preparing to bring something up. Think of it as lubrication. :thumbup: I suspect this is something I will have until I die, or lose my band, whichever may come first.

hi guys, i was just wondering if sliming is when your mouth waters alot just before you vomit?

I still slime so often that I have a name for it. It's a visit from the "spit snake". Ewwwwwww.

If I could just slow down and relax. I bought some one minute timers. I just need to get off my ass and use them.

Good luck with your own spit snakes.

Sue

hi guys, i was just wondering if sliming is when your mouth waters alot just before you vomit?

For me it's not. It very thick slobber ( I call it) that just comes up. For me it is not painful, perhaps because it occurs if I eat too much. I just burp it up. It's not vomiting. It actually has nothing to do with vomiting.

As someone only 5 weeks out (and nervous about all this stuff) - I say this with much respect for all of you who have been living this for so much longer than I.

Do we really have to live like that? Does it really feel healthy to have these sorts of things happening? I am just worrying that we can get to a point where losing weight or feeling restriction is more important than overall health.

Or I might actually just be too fearful of feeling PBs, sliming and other stuff! At this point, it is hard to understand how not being able to eat enough or keep things down is good. Or how sliming too often will allow for a "normal" life taking care of kids or volunteering at school.

I am not ordinarily someone who worries alot, but this has been a challenge for me. I might be the only person to never get a fill!

Thank you to all you more experienced people who help us newer folks understand the process.

trapped inside:

I bought them online at a place called UnclesGames.com has board games, card games, jigsaw puzzles, dominoes, dice, and much, much more. They didn't cost much so I bought a few extras and keep one at work, one in the car (for dining out), and one at my sister's house (best friend and neighbor).

Good luck.

Hey, that's strange I only put in Unclesgames and it typed all of those extra words in there.

Sue

Here is the thing....I usually do not slime in public. I am very careful when around people so I know it can be done. I did not mean to worry you, I am healthy and feel great with the weight loss. I just meant you would think I would learn by now!

Good luck!

As someone only 5 weeks out (and nervous about all this stuff) - I say this with much respect for all of you who have been living this for so much longer than I.

Do we really have to live like that? Does it really feel healthy to have these sorts of things happening? I am just worrying that we can get to a point where losing weight or feeling restriction is more important than overall health.

Or I might actually just be too fearful of feeling PBs, sliming and other stuff! At this point, it is hard to understand how not being able to eat enough or keep things down is good. Or how sliming too often will allow for a "normal" life taking care of kids or volunteering at school.

I am not ordinarily someone who worries alot, but this has been a challenge for me. I might be the only person to never get a fill!

Thank you to all you more experienced people who help us newer folks understand the process.

quote]

The only times I have slimed or had a pb was when I ate too fast or didn't stop when my body told me to stop. It's no hardship for me, just learning new behaviors. It can be difficult remembering to slow down and to take tiny bites.

It certainly doesn't happen every day, or even every week. I feel healthy and it's not an obsession. I think perhaps you are just a little spooked by what it really is. It beats the hell out of dying from morbid obesity.

Hi, I'm 4 months out and I've never "slimed", once during a dinner with my colleagues I had a feeling like I might throw up, I knew I hadn't chewed that piece of brocholi well enough, so I went into the bathroom but nothing happened. I've had a few times when I've "waited for it to pass", but didn't slime or vomit. It's just a matter of slowing down and relaxing.

The way I'm looking at it is that I've only lost 45 pounds but the energy I have is amazing. I was on an airplane for the first time since banding and didn't need a seat belt extension (I must have looked like a crazy woman sitting there smiling for no apparent reason) I walked through the airport without problems and walked all over the city I was visiting. Last weekend I worked in my garden all day and it felt great. These accomplishments are worth it for me to have an occasional feeling of food getting stuck.

It's easy for me to say don't worry, I worried and I still do, it's not the same as before, I've lost my best and worst friend (over eating), I just wanted to not stand out after banding and I don't feel like I do.

You've come so far, give it a chance, everyone's experience is different...get that fill, you'll enjoy volunteering and chasing the kids a whole lot more in a few months.