Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For my 2 week preop diet I get 3 cans of slimfast a day this is 570 cals a day. I am on day 5 its not as bad as it was, but at work Iam a nurse and walk a lot I felt like I was going to pass out. Just interested in what other people have had for their preop diets.

I'm on two shakes and one meal each day until surgery.

Pre-op diets vary so much from doctor to doctor . . . but probably not as much as post-op :wink2:

Good luck with your surgery.

Shelly,

Try the sugar-free Red Bull...it's chocked full of Vitamin B's. It'll boost your imune system and keep you on your feet!

Shelley, I started on a Multivitamin right away with my pe-op diet, to make sure i got in all the required stuff. My diet was 2 Protein Shakes per day and a small light lunch, with no potatoes, rice or breads. Its not bad once you get srted, but the first few days were tough. I did mine for nearly a month, just to get a head start on the whole thing. Good luck with your surgery....Dave

Hey guys I'm just getting started on this whole LapBand procedure. I have my first PCP appt today and then he seminar on 5/05/08. I would also like to get started ahead of everything. My current weight is 304 and I would love to lose about 154 to 160 pounds. So for my question, do you all think if i did a slim fast or Protein Drink for Breakfast and lunch and then a small but very lein suupper that would work? And you also drink Water during the day. I'm a nervous eater or bored eater. So I have started chewing sugerfree gum during the day at work and are you doing exercise now?

Hey guys I'm just getting started on this whole Lap Band procedure. I have my first PCP appt today and then he seminar on 5/05/08. I would also like to get started ahead of everything. My current weight is 304 and I would love to lose about 154 to 160 pounds. So for my question, do you all think if i did a slim fast or Protein drink for breakfast and lunch and then a small but very lein suupper that would work? And you also drink Water during the day. I'm a nervous eater or bored eater. So I have started chewing sugerfree gum during the day at work and are you doing exercise now?

Rebecca, I still do the Protein Shakes for breakfast and lunch. My choice is the chocolate whey Protein from Body Fortress, bought at Walmart or Target. Mixed with Skim milk and FF yogurt, it makes a real filling Meal Replacement. Also, gallons ( lol) of Water a day really helps. Start by not drinking 1/2 hr before and 45 min after any meals, since you will do this after being banded and starting it now really helps. Also, start sipping all liquids instead of drinking them fast, since that is another change you will have to get used to later. Hope this helps, Dave

Hi. My pre-op diet is for two weeks, Optifast - 5 a day. That's 800 calories. I can also have broth and sugar free Jello, popcicles and crystal lite. I'm drinking tons of Water and crystal lite. Some days I'm okay with the broth and Jello (meaning a small amt.) and some days I'm off the charts. I'm on day 5 and have lost approx. 11 pounds so far. I'm really excited about that! Can't wait for my surgery on 5/9. Keep up the good work!

Barbara

well, I guess i am just a wienie after hearing everyone talk. I get 3 oz of Protein and 6 oz of veggies (which I really hate) a day for 2 weeks. I just started today and I dont physically feel hungry, but I mentally cant stop thinking of all the things I can eat. It is like I know I am depriving myself and its so psychological. I have also developed this really bad headache (probably because I am stressing myself out about this diet). Im just not in a good mood. I think maybe its because I have failed so many times before. I know its just 2 weeks, but UGH...anyone else having these feelings?