Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it a slip or just swollen?

Can you tell me what a pouch dilation is? I have never heard of that. As I said, I felt pain after a vomiting session. It did go away upon doing liquids for a day. However, yesterday I ate too much and it came back a little so I'm on liquids again. I go see the doctor on Monday. I still feel that I need a fill because I can eat a lot but then what is this pain? I hope it's not anything serious--do you think? I'm hoping giving it a rest and eating smaller portions will help.

Of course, I'm beating myself up a little but on the other hand, if we all did it perfectly we wouldn't need the band to begin with. I have a problem with overeating.

I have the EXACT problem. SOme days I am able to eat certain things and other days it comes up. Why??? Someone told me that mucus can rest on the band and that will cause us to slime up or throw up the food. I am VERY frustrated at this very moment b/c I am having this problem for the last 2 days. I was able to eat very good this past Sunday. Yesterday I wasn't able to eat anything at all, just some liquids. Today (Tues) I wasn't able to hold any liquids down until around noon and the only thing I can get down is some warm Water. It's at least staying down so far so I don't get dehydrated. If l can't get that to work then I have to go in and get some of my fill taken out. The strange thing is that although I did have a very tight fill it was 8 months ago!! I have heard that the band can tighten up sometimes so maybe this is what I am experiencing. I'm just so hungry and wish I could eat something right now but the nurse at my lapband doctor told me to wait and see if the water stays down. If that does then I am to try some Soup this evening. Hopefully I can get it to stay down and maybe soup for dinner tonight. IM STARVING. I HAVEN'T EATEN IN A DAY AND A HALF!

I've been adjusted 2x, but after the 2nd, I rtd for a little unfill - it was too tight. This happened in April '08. Today, I am experiencing, either swolleness around the band or slippage. Last night I ordered mahi mahi and its a very "gummy" fish. I think I ate too much and too fast. This was at about 7:00pm, it is 3:00AM and I am still up, belching up a storm and with this huge feeling of fullness. Of course, this is all after throwing up at the restaurant, and at home. I keep drinking little sips of Water but I feel the water is not going down. But I am able to take deep breaths w/out the pain. There's also lots of tumbling in my stomach, Im not sure if there's food in my pouch that its trying to make its way down. There was a lot of throwing up - 1st time I experienced this. Your thoughts please, anyone?!

I've been adjusted 2x, but after the 2nd, I rtd for a little unfill - it was too tight. This happened in April '08. Today, I am experiencing, either swolleness around the band or slippage. Last night I ordered mahi mahi and its a very "gummy" fish. I think I ate too much and too fast. This was at about 7:00pm, it is 3:00AM and I am still up, belching up a storm and with this huge feeling of fullness. Of course, this is all after throwing up at the restaurant, and at home. I keep drinking little sips of Water but I feel the Water is not going down. But I am able to take deep breaths w/out the pain. There's also lots of tumbling in my stomach, Im not sure if there's food in my pouch that its trying to make its way down. There was a lot of throwing up - 1st time I experienced this. Your thoughts please, anyone?!

I'm not a doctor, but it doesn't sound like a slip to me. I thought I might have one a few weeks ago, and turned out I had a dilated pouch. My doctor had me stay on liquids for 2 days, then back to soft foods for a weekl. When I went back for follow up, my pouch was fine and the band was fine.

When you had an episde like that, don't drink any liquids for several hours. In the morning try small sips and then if that is tolerated, continue on liquids.

If you can't take small sips the next day, call your doctor!

Good luck.

OMG! I am revisiting my own thread. It happened again... Well, let me at least update y'all!

After my last fill, I felt pretty good. The last 5 weeks or so have been nice. I think I even felt that 'sweet spot'. However, my restriction has been up and down. I feel like if I eat too fast or if I chew only 24 times instead of 31 times, I swell and it changes everything. Today, and for the past few days, I have felt my restriction getting tighter and tighter... is that weird? Today I drank 1/2 pomagranite martini. Felt fine. Coughed, AND OMG! Everything came flying out of my mouth! Holy Crap! I threw up martini all over my computer, bills, purse, etc. GREAT! So, right now I am having some anxiety b/c I just can't have that feeling of not being able to drink anything, ya know!? I am working on hot tea right now.

One more thing... When you are having 'good' restriction, are you feeling a little light headed? Like dizzy? I have been looking for a thread on here that talks about this, but haven't found anything yet. Lately, I have been feeling dizzy starting at around 2pm or so, and going for a few hours. I usually can't eat before noon or so, then try to eat 1/2 cup of food or so. Usually Protein. I am wondering if I need to introduce more carbs into my diet?? I don't really do any carbs at all... besides Beans. HELP!

I think that as we get closer to goal, we almost 'get comfortable', and start eating, forgetting how we SHOULD eat as a lap bander. We still have to chew our food as if we did 5 weeks post-op... I have a hard time remembering this and I am finding myself frequently irritating my band. I am making a promise to myself at this very moment that I will not do this anymore. I will CHEW MY FOOD!!!!

And I'm back...

OK, no food since Wednesday. Doc said Clear Liquids till Monday. I think I'm going to die. I work 10 hours per day, physically, am a single mom of a 22 month old and I have no help. I think I am going to die. I feel so bad, I can't believe I am typing right now. I pasified my son with some celery and chicken nuggets. He probably thinks I am a bad mom, ignorring him. But I just don't have the energy. I don't even have a day off till Wednesday of next week... probably going to use that day to go to Mexico to have my lap band adjusted.

THIS TOTALLY SUCKS BUTT!!!!!!!!

Today: 20 oz Protein Drink with 40 grams of Protein. 16 oz iced tea, 3 oz hot tea, 8 oz chicken broth. Yum... I am so light headed and tired.

On top of that, I have ignorant people telling me, "I don't think that thing is working. What you need is 24 hour fitness" - Please just leave me alone.........

I have been tight for 8 days. I am able to keep liquids down but I am tight most of the time. My doctor totally removed all liquid from the band 4 days ago. I have never vomited or felt that anything got stuck but I have had esophageal spasms twice(hospitialized twice) and was told on both occasions that the band was in the correct place. I was banded on March 21st 2008 and I am starting to think that the band is not for me. I have lost 25 pounds since March 21 but need to lose at least 50 more pounds. Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Private Dancer

Banded 3/21/08

Beginning weight 260

Current weight 235

OMG! I am revisiting my own thread. It happened again... Well, let me at least update y'all!

After my last fill, I felt pretty good. The last 5 weeks or so have been nice. I think I even felt that 'sweet spot'. However, my restriction has been up and down. I feel like if I eat too fast or if I chew only 24 times instead of 31 times, I swell and it changes everything. Today, and for the past few days, I have felt my restriction getting tighter and tighter... is that weird? Today I drank 1/2 pomagranite martini. Felt fine. Coughed, AND OMG! Everything came flying out of my mouth! Holy Crap! I threw up martini all over my computer, bills, purse, etc. GREAT! So, right now I am having some anxiety b/c I just can't have that feeling of not being able to drink anything, ya know!? I am working on hot tea right now.

One more thing... When you are having 'good' restriction, are you feeling a little light headed? Like dizzy? I have been looking for a thread on here that talks about this, but haven't found anything yet. Lately, I have been feeling dizzy starting at around 2pm or so, and going for a few hours. I usually can't eat before noon or so, then try to eat 1/2 cup of food or so. Usually Protein. I am wondering if I need to introduce more carbs into my diet?? I don't really do any carbs at all... besides Beans. HELP!

Are you allowed to drink Martini's?

To answer your question, I am at my sweet spot for sure. I can eat a small amount of most foods without throwing up. Soft sandwiches, bread, and steaks are my big for sure no-no foods. I do have tight days. If it is really hot and humid, I swell. If I am having my cycle, I swell. I am hypoglycemic, so I have to keep my band loose enough so that I can eat enough to keep my sugars up. If it's too tight, I get lightheaded and feel bad. I can eat a cup of food AT MOST, depending on the food. I have to split food with my husband when we go out and usually only eat a few bites or the food will get wasted. If I ordered a whole plate, at most places, it would be 3-4 meals worth. I would guess at most meals I eat between 1/2 a up and 3/4 cup. I stay full for about 5 hours. I cannot snack or I will be unable to eat at the next meal. To me, I feel perfect.