Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

WOW-All of these look greeeeeat compared to mine. I won't send pictures because they are too Gross :) 4 of my scars look okay, but the one over the port split open when the staples were taken out, and there is still a circular area that is open, about 1/4 inch deep, and gross. Didn't have to go on antiobiotics or anything..just slow healing. It's frustrating though, because when I went in for my fill last week, he couldn't do it because the incision isn't closed yet. Has anyone else out there had problems with the port site healing? I'm going to have a very wide and horrific scar (which doesn't really bother me), but I am worried about this postponing my fills. Also, I appreciate all of the tips you guys posted for lessening the appearance. Thanks.

ok i am going to try to post some pics of my incisions.wish me luck. these were taken 2 days post op. i am not sure how they will turn out. maybe a mod can look at them and help me to display them so they aren't so distorted.

thanks you guys!!

post-204835-13813132081316_thumb.jpg

post-204835-13813132082217_thumb.jpg

post-204835-138131320831_thumb.jpg

post-204835-13813132083963_thumb.jpg

post-204835-13813132084795_thumb.jpg

Man..... those are so close I almost feel like I am going to go INSIDE of them! Whewwwwwww!

But looks like you are healing great!!!

I know I know all.... I need to post more pics of mine. But you can barely even see them!!

scars.jpg

Heres an update.. not to bad =) i can definately say gallbladder surgery was MUCH easier and better than 2 band surgeries in the same week!!!

Edit: gallblader scars at this point are about 10 days out

Hi, Great topic!!, great pictures!! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

I have a question; I know the port is on the ab muscles beneath the skin; but what happens to the port when you reach your goal weight, and you have the kind of body that stores most of the fat in the legs and butt, with almost no fat between the muscle and skin in the ab area (washboard abs) how do you hide the port then?

Hi, Great topic!!, great pictures!! Thanks for the inspiration. biggrin.gif

I have a question; I know the port is on the ab muscles beneath the skin; but what happens to the port when you reach your goal weight, and you have the kind of body that stores most of the fat in the legs and butt, with almost no fat between the muscle and skin in the ab area (washboard abs) how do you hide the port then?

Hi CancunGirl,

There was a thread about this last week that you might like to read. It can be found here.

Okay, here is my 5 month post op picture. One of these days I am actually going to have to pose for one. I SWEAR I can't tell a difference in my size from the first post op pic but I know I am down sizes and 40 lbs, so oh well.

post-204351-13813132092894_thumb.jpg

1 day post op...

6 weeks post op. They are all healed up but for some reason so very red...

I was fortunate and only have 4. My port is the low one all the way to the left where my skin is still kind of discolored.

post-205243-1381313226258_thumb.jpg

post-205243-13813132263905_thumb.jpg

Dear God! Staples?! I was leaning towards Dr. Barker until I saw staples ....just more scars to go along with the cut scars? I know there's a reason that he uses them, and those teenie scars are NO comparison for the goal. For those of you whom had staples, can you really see the staple marks now that you're healed?

I didn't have staples? I'm noit sure who's pictures you're looking at. I had internal stitches and on the outside all i had was second skin glue holding it closed. I used Dr Wellborn I've never met Dr Davis. But feel free to email me any time. LvCnqursal@aol.com